Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    You need to know the truth to speak it. NK has been fending off the Americans so it could survive it doesnt mean it is stuck back in time especialy since it has been pretty successfull. Cuba - despite the embargo - can afford to have a effective national haelth care system which takes care of everyone but we still cant get it. Makes you wonder exactly who is stuck back in time sometimes.
    That all depends on what you value in life

Not to go off topic (Allah forbid) but... on the topic of nukes
    North Korea threatens to attack if US and South Korea hold joint military drills next month
    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/100225/w022541A.html

This news is getting old... really.
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-25-2010, 10:21 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

NK is a vile place and other than the small step in nuclear technology, they're military is rather out dated as are all other sectors of their economy, and the people live under worse conditions than when the Japanese were there in the early 20th century, which was horrid in and of itself.

Cuba is a leader in Latin America in terms of culture, athletics, and of course, healthcare. For the u.s. it is more a point of pride and votes from the influential cuban community of south florida, than real disagreements. Unlike in 1959 when Castro came to power, there is no red scare now, communism is dead so the average American can't be fooled as easily as in the 60s.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        NK is a vile place and other than the small step in nuclear technology, they're military is rather out dated as are all other sectors of their economy, and the people live under worse conditions than when the Japanese were there in the early 20th century, which was horrid in and of itself.
        I really don't think it's what what the media makes it out to be, in fact the people in the South want to be reunited with the people in the North. North Korea only seeks nuclear weapons to use as a bargaining tool and if it plays its cards right, it may get what it wants. The real problem Koreans see is that the regime in the South is taking a hardline stance with the regime in the North which is getting in the way of reconciliation. The problem that may remain is that the South is learning English while the North remains more culturally Korean.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          I really don't think it's what what the media makes it out to be, in fact the people in the South want to be reunited with the people in the North. North Korea only seeks nuclear weapons to use as a bargaining tool and if it plays its cards right, it may get what it wants. The real problem Koreans see is that the regime in the South is taking a hardline stance with the regime in the North which is getting in the way of reconciliation. The problem that may remain is that the South is learning English while the North remains more culturally Korean.
          From my previous posts one can easily see that I am no fan of corporate media, but this is one time where I think their reporting on human rights is spot on. You know things are bad in n. korea when even the Chinese are hesitant to praise kim jong ill not to mention the north korean society at large. In a recent report , south koreans now are less eager about reunification. Just think how much it would cost, not taking into consideration the cultural aspects you brought up as well.

I suggest you read this article.

And I disagree that the south is the one which isn't sincere about unification, I think it's the north simply because a united korea wouldn't be totalitarian, hence kim and his possy have no incentive to give up their power.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            From my previous posts one can easily see that I am no fan of corporate media, but this is one time where I think their reporting on human rights is spot on. You know things are bad in n. korea when even the Chinese are hesitant to praise kim jong ill not to mention the north korean society at large. In a recent report , south koreans now are less eager about reunification. Just think how much it would cost, not taking into consideration the cultural aspects you brought up as well.

I suggest you read this article.

And I disagree that the south is the one which isn't sincere about unification, I think it's the north simply because a united korea wouldn't be totalitarian, hence kim and his possy have no incentive to give up their power.
            A stroll through a couple Korean forums will tell you why the American government is so afraid. The death, destruction, followed by decades of rape and misconduct by American soldiers has left a bitter outlook from Koreans on the whole ordeal. The South is also quite liberal compared to the conservative North with respect to crimes, family life, etc. This is pretty much what the American military likes to do... divide and conquer then create a liberal society that's dumb and oblivious to everything around them so that intelligence is guaranteed to be relinquished. In regards to race and North Korea's "race" problem, at least their country is run by Koreans and not Americans. Isn't it about time to leave security at the hands of South Koreans? 50+ years and the Americans are still there and have no plans of leaving. This is why nobody believes they ever intend to leave Iraq or Afghanistan or anywhere else they settle (except the American people because that's what the government says ).

Now tell me why Iran is so keen on getting nuclear weapons, countries are tired of this crap and aren't going to stand for it any longer. In my opinion, a nuclear Iran would mean security for Armenia as long as Israel doesn't instigate anything in fear of losing its power. People are also no longer buying the Israeli propaganda so things are going to get rather interesting.

Comment

A stroll through a couple Korean forums will tell you why the American government is so afraid. The death, destruction, followed by decades of rape and misconduct by American soldiers has left a bitter outlook from Koreans on the whole ordeal. The South is also quite liberal compared to the conservative North with respect to crimes, family life, etc. This is pretty much what the American military likes to do... divide and conquer then create a liberal society that's dumb and oblivious to everything around them so that intelligence is guaranteed to be relinquished. In regards to race and North Korea's "race" problem, at least their country is run by Koreans and not Americans. Isn't it about time to leave security at the hands of South Koreans? 50+ years and the Americans are still there and have no plans of leaving. This is why nobody believes they ever intend to leave Iraq or Afghanistan or anywhere else they settle (except the American people because that's what the government says ).

Now tell me why Iran is so keen on getting nuclear weapons, countries are tired of this crap and aren't going to stand for it any longer. In my opinion, a nuclear Iran would mean security for Armenia as long as Israel doesn't instigate anything in fear of losing its power. People are also no longer buying the Israeli propaganda so things are going to get rather interesting.
              If America or the West leaves the Middle East then China or Russia will just come in it's place, Oil and resources are what matter there. In other words suicide bombers can blow up things, and Arab's can complain and protest all they like, but they will never have a time they aren't dominated or controlled by the East or West. There are just too many that want their piece of the Middle East, and several billions vs a few 100 million is no contest; and if the Arab's tried to resist this then I wouldn't want to be the idiot fighting 100's of thousands of tanks, artillery, aircraft and nuclear weapons. It's sad or harsh, but just life. This is the real world of corporations and money, not human rights or 'honour' and 'dignity' stuff.

As for South Korea, it was made to be an economic powerhouse much like Japan, Singapore, Taiwan; none of these states were built to be strong sources of independence or democracy. In all of these states democracy was developed either by some kind of revolt, revolution and in the case of Singapore democracy was never really developed that much at all. Every one of these states did not want to be militarily strong or confrontational for good reasons, the first being that it would upset China; look at what happened recently when the USA signed an Arms deal with Taiwan for example. The second of course being that right now the deal is quite good, they can focus on economics while the USA deals with China and the rest. The last being that they are so used to the status quo they don't want to change and are happy with how things have gone.
              Last edited by hipeter924; 02-27-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                If America or the West leaves the Middle East then China or Russia will just come in it's place, Oil and resources are what matter there. In other words suicide bombers can blow up things, and Arab's can complain and protest all they like, but they will never have a time they aren't dominated or controlled by the East or West. There are just too many that want their piece of the Middle East, and several billions vs a few 100 million is no contest; and if the Arab's tried to resist this then I wouldn't want to be the idiot fighting 100's of thousands of tanks, artillery, aircraft and nuclear weapons. It's sad or harsh, but just life. This is the real world of corporations and money, not human rights or 'honour' and 'dignity' stuff.

As for South Korea, it was made to be an economic powerhouse much like Japan, Singapore, Taiwan; none of these states were built to be strong sources of independence or democracy. In all of these states democracy was developed either by some kind of revolt, revolution and in the case of Singapore democracy was never really developed that much at all. Every one of these states did not want to be militarily strong or confrontational for good reasons, the first being that it would upset China; look at what happened recently when the USA signed an Arms deal with Taiwan for example. The second of course being that right now the deal is quite good, they can focus on economics while the USA deals with China and the rest. The last being that they are so used to the status quo they don't want to change and are happy with how things have gone.

I think you miss a important point here. USA did not attack Iraq because it didnt want to sell its oil. All the Arab states are happy to sell their oil to the highest bidder just as anyone else would be but the Arab countries are attacked and villified because Isreal does not want them to develop and become strong nations which could compete with it. As usual Isreal gets what it wants by not putting its own young mens lives at risk but rather the lives of Americans.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

A majority of S. Koreans still prefer to have American troops there. We can debate if the S. Koreans could get America to leave or not, but I think there is no comparison between the two Koreas. One is a horrible hell hole, while the other is a leading country in many fields. And saying, at least N. Korea is run by Koreans doesn't make things different. The life of an average Korean in the north is similar to what one can read in any novel about a dystopian society.

If you wanted to make a case for U.S. imperialism, based on american bases, the ones in Germany are a better case. Unlike in Korea, where the two sides are still at war, the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago, Germany is united again, but yet there are still American troops stationed there.

Comment

Originally posted by SevSpitak View Post
                    I personally don't know much about Iran, about their conflict with Israel, let alone their internal problems, but I try to have an open mind and not follow the media like a sheep. My main concern is how this affects Armenia and Barsgahays.
                    Persians and Armenians are brothers, literally, from thousands of years of intermarriage and Aryan ethnic heritage. Persians always support Armenians -- governments come and go, but the bond of the people is not like regular foreign relations. While other countries seek to cover-up the Armenian genocide -- Persians put up memorials to honor the deceased Armenians:

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/pop...l?MemImage=248

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                      Persians and Armenians are brothers, literally, from thousands of years of intermarriage and Aryan ethnic heritage. Persians always support Armenians -- governments come and go, but the bond of the people is not like regular foreign relations. While other countries seek to cover-up the Armenian genocide -- Persians put up memorials to honor the deceased Armenians:

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/pop...l?MemImage=248
                      What does it say on the memorial in Farsi?
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X