Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    I could care less about Iran or the muslim want to be Armenians there. Maybe if Iran is not theocracy than less of those stupid hooligans will come to armenia. Since Iranians in armenia are the most unruly, ungrateful, and corrupt people I've ever seen.
    Why are you promoting hate? Iran hasn't done anything negative to Armenia. On the contrary, Iran has helped Armenians survive like a true brother (so to speak).

Comment

I don't believe Israel is in any kind of danger from Iran, I don't believe the U.S is in any kind of danger, I also don't even believe Iran is aggressively pursuing Nuclear Weapons.

However, the fact is Iran is an Islamic Nation and it's woefully childish to take a risk on this issue. They shouldn't be allowed the chance and the infrastructure required to make a bomb so their facilities need to be bombed ASAP imo.

Whether you're in the Western or Eastern world, whether you agree with U.S policy or not. European, Asian, whatever. I think we can all agree taking another chance on an Islamic Nation is a horrible mistake. The entire world missed the ball when it comes to Pakistan, let's not let it happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
        I don't believe Israel is in any kind of danger from Iran, I don't believe the U.S is in any kind of danger, I also don't even believe Iran is aggressively pursuing Nuclear Weapons.

However, the fact is Iran is an Islamic Nation and it's woefully childish to take a risk on this issue. They shouldn't be allowed the chance and the infrastructure required to make a bomb so their facilities need to be bombed ASAP imo.

Whether you're in the Western or Eastern world, whether you agree with U.S policy or not. European, Asian, whatever. I think we can all agree taking another chance on an Islamic Nation is a horrible mistake. The entire world missed the ball when it comes to Pakistan, let's not let it happen again.
        Is Islam really the critical thing here? *looks over at North Korea*

Look how many countries have nuclear weapons... Why shouldn't Iran?
        We don't even know that they're actually using their nuclear program to develop weapons. It's far more likely that this is for nuclear power instead. If they're talking about being a nuclear nation, it's only to send the message not to mess with them. Can we really fault them for not wanting to be bullied by countries that do have nuclear weapons?
        I think these weapons exist merely as a threat and have caught on in an effort to get on equal footing with other countries. I would hope that no one would be foolish enough to actually use them as that would devastate such a huge portion of the world's population. It's not like you can bomb one country and only affect the population of that country. Even if you could, it would wipe out the entire population of that country... Besides, then a country like that would be seen as an unpredictable and immoral threat to all which needs to be neutralized... fast forward just a bit and it would basically mean the end of life (save for many bacteria?) on Earth.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          Is Islam really the critical thing here? *looks over at North Korea*
          North Korea is also obviously an International nuisance but I feel Islamic nations and Muslims are the most passionately irrational people on Earth and are thus the most likely to use these weapons and cause havoc. That's why I'm focusing on them right now and have developed a zero tolerance of sorts when it comes to them.

Look how many countries have nuclear weapons... Why shouldn't Iran?
          I'm really not just focusing on Iran. I'm against nuclear proliferation no matter who's getting them and am especially against nuclear weapons in the Middle East. I've always thought Pakistan and Israel should be forced to give up their weapons also. That entire region is volatile and for no good reason. I feel the entire world could blow in any second because somebody's prophet was offended.

We don't even know that they're actually using their nuclear program to develop weapons. It's far more likely that this is for nuclear power instead. If they're talking about being a nuclear nation, it's only to send the message not to mess with them. Can we really fault them for not wanting to be bullied by countries that do have nuclear weapons?
          I don't think they're trying to get the weapons either, I think it's all for energy and to let people know that they're capable of being more than just a sitting duck.

HOWEVER, I'd hate to wake up one morning and find out I was wrong, that's why I'm saying I'd rather be hawkish on this issue and not take a chance and risk such a major problem.

I think these weapons exist merely as a threat and have caught on in an effort to get on equal footing with other countries. I would hope that no one would be foolish enough to actually use them as that would devastate such a huge portion of the world's population. It's not like you can bomb one country and only affect the population of that country. Even if you could, it would wipe out the entire population of that country... Besides, then a country like that would be seen as an unpredictable and immoral threat to all which needs to be neutralized... fast forward just a bit and it would basically mean the end of life (save for many bacteria?) on Earth.
          That's what I'm worried about. I feel like they WON'T be rational and they will actually use them. They'll either hand them off to a third party like any one of many Islamic Brotherhood type organizations like Hamas, Hezbollah or they will use it themselves.

Comment

What has Iran being a Muslim country have to do with anything? Do you truly believe that them being muslim will make them commit suicide? Because now you are making them look like they irrational and stupid.
            When looking at their history you can see that all they do is for their survival. And I for one don't care if they get the A-bomb or they don't, but I'm sure that they will never use it. Because the moment they use it it will be the moment that they will be wiped of the map by every power on this planet.

Comment

North Korea is also obviously an International nuisance but I feel Islamic nations and Muslims are the most passionately irrational people on Earth and are thus the most likely to use these weapons and cause havoc. That's why I'm focusing on them right now and have developed a zero tolerance of sorts when it comes to them.
              You're fool then if you believe so. The fact there are people who have done horrible things doesn't mean that every single person sharing the same background will do the same. Don't generalize, be fair.

I'm really not just focusing on Iran. I'm against nuclear proliferation no matter who's getting them and am especially against nuclear weapons in the Middle East. I've always thought Pakistan and Israel should be forced to give up their weapons also. That entire region is volatile and for no good reason. I feel the entire world could blow in any second because somebody's prophet was offended.
              I'm against nuclear proliferation too, WHEN it comes to weapon-making. Our world is not volatile, nor we live under the constant thread of "terrorism", or because of your assumption that somebody's prophet was offended and they shall take revenge against the "infidels"
              This whole thing has to do with the interests of those ones who will benefit if people is killed and our world is partially destroyed, again...
              If making war, killing some millions, blaming on anyone, etc. is in the interests of some group of people who have the power to do so and can afford it (and those people are everywhere in the world) then we'll be facing destruction and world wars and death. War=Interests.

I don't think they're trying to get the weapons either, I think it's all for energy and to let people know that they're capable of being more than just a sitting duck.

HOWEVER, I'd hate to wake up one morning and find out I was wrong, that's why I'm saying I'd rather be hawkish on this issue and not take a chance and risk such a major problem.

That's what I'm worried about. I feel like they WON'T be rational and they will actually use them. They'll either hand them off to a third party like any one of many Islamic Brotherhood type organizations like Hamas, Hezbollah or they will use it themselves.
              Iran having nuclear weapons is no danger to anyone, they are not used to create weapons as some say, they are used as new ways to produce energy.
              "Iran has weapons of mass destruction"....is what the Western world and Israel have been trying to make people believe, as a new part of their Islamophobic propaganda, and sadly they got it down the mind of a lot of people. The fact is, THEY want once again to make people believe yet ANOTHER Islamic country has weapons of mass destruction (remember Iraq?), to then be able to invade such country and take control of it. Some years later, the world will know "Oh, they didn't have such weapons". Then they will leave their troops down there claiming to be working to "maintain peace", taking advantage of the benefits of the country, oppressing their people, creating more problems that they already had, to hopefully one day leave it destroyed and unstable.

I also remind you, who were the first ones who actually created nuclear weapons with not only the intention to use them, but were irrational enough to actually use them? Was it an Islamic country? Ask yourselves people, some of you seem to forget...
              Last edited by ashot24; 02-14-2010, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                What has Iran being a Muslim country have to do with anything? Do you truly believe that them being muslim will make them commit suicide? Because now you are making them look like they irrational and stupid.
                When looking at their history you can see that all they do is for their survival. And I for one don't care if they get the A-bomb or they don't, but I'm sure that they will never use it. Because the moment they use it it will be the moment that they will be wiped of the map by every power on this planet.
                How are you so sure they will never use it? How do you know they won't have an irrational leader in 5 years or 10 years or tomorrow?

And also, Iran's history is FAR from just being defensive. If I remember correctly, I think Armenians have had to fight them off on a couple of occasions....

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
                  You're fool then if you believe so. The fact there are people who have done horrible things doesn't mean that every single person sharing the same background will do the same. Don't generalize, be fair.
                  I didn't say every single person in the Middle East is bad. But all the ones that are in power are bad and that's all that matters.

I'm against nuclear proliferation too, WHEN it comes to weapon-making.
                  I already said I don't think Iran is trying to get the bomb. However, I also said we shouldn't take the chance. How can you be so sure Iran is only going for energy?

Our world is not volatile, nor we live under the constant thread of "terrorism", or because of your assumption that somebody's prophet was offended and they shall take revenge against the "infidels"
                  The world is an extremely volatile place and the Middle East is especially volatile. How anyone can say otherwise is beyond me.

Also, it isn't my "Assumption" that people have gone to wars over Religion and fairy tale stories. That's simply the facts of the region and the world.

This whole thing has to do with the interests of those ones who will benefit if people is killed and our world is partially destroyed, again...
                  If making war, killing some millions, blaming on anyone, etc. is in the interests of some group of people who have the power to do so and can afford it (and those people are everywhere in the world) then we'll be facing destruction and world wars and death. War=Interests.

Iran having nuclear weapons is no danger to anyone, they are not used to create weapons as some say, they are used as new ways to produce energy.
                  "Iran has weapons of mass destruction"....is what the Western world and Israel have been trying to make people believe, as a new part of their Islamophobic propaganda, and sadly they got it down the mind of a lot of people. The fact is, THEY want once again to make people believe yet ANOTHER Islamic country has weapons of mass destruction (remember Iraq?), to then be able to invade such country and take control of it. Some years later, the world will know "Oh, they didn't have such weapons". Then they will leave their troops down there claiming to be working to "maintain peace", taking advantage of the benefits of the country, oppressing their people, creating more problems that they already had, to hopefully one day leave it destroyed and unstable.
                  It doesn't matter that America and Israel and Europe may have ulterior motives. It doesn't change anything about taking a chance on such a major problem.

I also remind you, who were the first ones who actually created nuclear weapons with not only the intention to use them, but were irrational enough to actually use them? Was it an Islamic country? Ask yourselves people, some of you seem to forget...
                  So what's your point?

Comment

So we should say "sorry, you can't take advantage of the cheapest and safest energy source because we don't trust Islamic countries not to do more with it?"

Having nuclear energy doesn't equal being able to make and launch a nuclear bomb.

Also, I don't think Ashot's saying that religion hasn't been a factor, so the fact that there have been religiously motivated wars or acts of violence doesn't change his point. Christians have blood on their hands too.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I didn't say every single person in the Middle East is bad. But all the ones that are in power are bad and that's all that matters.
                      Again, what does this have to do with Muslims or the Middle-Easterns? Can you name me ONE person in power (as in presidents, politicians, prime ministers, etc.) who aren't bad?

Comment

Working...
                      X