Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

TEHRAN (AFP) – Iran declared itself a nuclear nation on Thursday as it marked the Islamic revolution's 31st anniversary and launched what Washington called an "unprecedented" crackdown on opposition supporters. .... http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100211...ionanniversary

What does this mean for Armenia and Armenians?

Re: IRAN declared itself a nuclear nation

Originally posted by SevSpitak View Post
    TEHRAN (AFP) – Iran declared itself a nuclear nation on Thursday as it marked the Islamic revolution's 31st anniversary and launched what Washington called an "unprecedented" crackdown on opposition supporters. .... http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100211...ionanniversary

What does this mean for Armenia and Armenians?

Well, if a war doesn't occur between Iran and the west, namely u.s. and israel, then Armenia will continue with the same foreign policy that it has. The u.s. understands that Armenia, because of turkish/azeri blockade, has to depend more on georgia and Iran, therefore, they don't bother official Yerevan, also the trade is under half a billion so the sum is quite small. But just yesterday I read an article in which the Iranian economy minister wanted to build an Iranian trade house in Yerevan and have in an Armenian one in Tehran. He said the annual trade turnover is much lower than what it can be.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Iran will pay the price and will loose the war against the West - EU,US, NATO

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Well, if a war doesn't occur between Iran and the west, namely u.s. and israel, then Armenia will continue with the same foreign policy that it has. The u.s. understands that Armenia, because of turkish/azeri blockade, has to depend more on georgia and Iran, therefore, they don't bother official Yerevan, also the trade is under half a billion so the sum is quite small. But just yesterday I read an article in which the Iranian economy minister wanted to build an Iranian trade house in Yerevan and have in an Armenian one in Tehran. He said the annual trade turnover is much lower than what it can be.

This Armenian Iranian friendship must cease immediately. Iran should not be allowed to participate in my Countries Winter Olympic Games for 2010.

Iran will and must be stopped through the use of more rounds of EU,US, UN Sanctions, the Sanctions will have to be stricter and to be able to deliver a hard blow to Irans infrastructure and already very weak economy.

The other result which is the last resort is that NATO including the US EU (if they choose to take advantage of their hard core power status) must launch military air strikes to cripple Iran in every way possible. Iran will not win this war against the West - EU,US, NATO. Iran will be punished and they will learn the hard way if Iran does not cease immediately.

BBC and Voice of America have condemned Iran's illegal jamming of BBC and VOA and some other Western TV Stations Satellite's.

Mr Ahmadinjad will soon pay the price of a country that will be utterly destroyed.

Armenia must distance itself from Iran. Armenia is not benefiting from befriending Iran and its grave danger to world peace.

Armenia must seriously consider integrating with itself further into the West e.g. EU, NATO structures.

Armenia will continue living in extreme poverty and Armenians will continue to leave Armenia if their are no opportunities delivered to the Armenian people. Armenia doing business with Iran will certainly not help Armenia develop its emerging Democracy and establishing the very basic foundations in Armenia's case a market economy that meets European Standards.

Armenia has nothing to gain in doing business and firming closer ties with one of the world's leading state sponsors of terror and that is Iran.

Comment

Re: Iran will pay the price and will loose the war against the West - EU,US, NATO

Originally posted by JohnCanadian View Post
        Armenia has nothing to gain in doing business and firming closer ties with one of the world's leading state sponsors of terror and that is Iran.
        I have my point of view on Armenian-Iranian relationships which I have explained a lot here already...

But why, according to you, is Iran the 'world's leading state sponsor of terror'?

Comment

Iran will and must be stopped through the use of more rounds of EU,US, UN Sanctions
          I don't agree. I think this is brainwash from the media.
          We are currently facing another War, this time with Iran. The media is beating the war drums again as they did with Afghanistan and Iraq. We are being Lied t...
          Last edited by SevSpitak; 02-12-2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I don't believe that Iran is capable of enriching Uranium to 20% as of now.
            Also Iran needs to stop with its increasing human rights abuse against its own people and hiring Palestinian militants to do their dirty work in the streets of Tehran (since normal police officers are defecting to the people's side). Even Arabs are voicing thir concern about this abuse. Shame on them freaking Mullahs, they need to be kicked right back to Kome where they belong.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I personally don't know much about Iran, about their conflict with Israel, let alone their internal problems, but I try to have an open mind and not follow the media like a sheep. My main concern is how this affects Armenia and Barsgahays.

Comment

hi there JohnCanadian
                Assuming you are an Armenian or bearing in mind this is an Armenian forum and most partisipants are concerned in Armenian nation and it's well being may I ask based on this what harm have we Armenians seen from Iran that you want to distroy Iran you want a war against Iran and can you tell me what good does this bring to Armenia? If you really care the about well being of the Armenian state why do you want to impose a third blockade (this one a self blockade unlike the others) on Armenia? How can a landlock country with only one way out to the world prosper and become a state that you want it to be?

As far as the news are concerned Armenians are living relatively well in Iran (if there is a barsgahye in this forum I appritiate his/her position concerning the situation of Armenians in Iran). Why should i as an Armenian care who rules in Iran or if there is a democracy or not (AS LONG AS OUR COMUNITY IS DOING GOOD) or if palastinians or whoever is murdering who in Iran? Did we as a nation solve all of our problems to start mingeling in other countries internal affairs to whether see if there is a democracy or I donno what in another country or not? Not to mention even USA does the US care about democracy or human rights in Iran or any country in the world or the US knows it's own intrests and persues them?

Comment

Re: Iran will pay the price and will loose the war against the West - EU,US, NATO

Originally posted by JohnCanadian View Post
                  ....Armenia will continue living in extreme poverty and Armenians will continue to leave Armenia if their are no opportunities delivered to the Armenian people. ....:
                  Today all Armenian TV channels showed the Canadian homeless, in Vancouver: protesting against poverty/hunger. They suggested that the Olympiad funds rather should be used for fighting poverty. Isn’t it right? Did you take part in it? Don’t cry for poor Armenians; instead show your compassion to the protestors.
                  Last edited by gegev; 02-13-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I could care less about Iran or the muslim want to be Armenians there. Maybe if Iran is not theocracy than less of those stupid hooligans will come to armenia. Since Iranians in armenia are the most unruly, ungrateful, and corrupt people I've ever seen.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                    X