Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Armenia should not expect economic surge from lifting of sanctions against Iran, expert says

Armenia should not expect economic surge from lifting of sanctions against Iran, expert says
    YEREVAN, January 25. / ARKA /. Armenia should not expect an economic surge due to the lifting of sanctions against Iran, Sergey Minasyan, head of Political Studies Department at the Yerevan-based Caucasus Institute, said last Friday.

Speaking at a news conference, he said even under sanctions Iran and Armenia reached the maximum possible economic cooperation, even given the small Armenian economy. He added, however, that their bilateral relations can progress due to the implementation of several large energy and infrastructure projects, including the construction of a hydroelectric power station on the border Araks River and power transmission lines.

"In general, from an economic point of view, the lifting of sanctions will not result in an economic upsurge in Armenia because even during the sanctions period Armenia and Iran maintained a fairly high level of economic cooperation", said Minasyan.

According to him, the new situation will be positive for Armenia also politically, ‘although Iran and Armenia have never had serious political disagreements.’

He reminded also that Iran’s stance concerning the Karabakh issue is cautiously optimistic, if not to say pro-Armenian while Armenia's role for Iran has always been important even before the sanctions, partly due to the Armenian Diaspora, as well as the Turkish factor.

"I do not think there will be negative developments in terms of economy or politics. The dynamics of Iranian-Armenian relationship will be extremely positive without even an economic upsurge,' said Minasyan.

Armenia’s trade with Iran in the 11 months of 2015 dropped by 5.3% from the previous year to 249.6 billion drams. Armenian exports declined by 8.2% to $71 million.

Armenia should not expect an economic surge due to the lifting of sanctions against Iran, Sergey Minasyan, head of Political Studies Department at the Yerevan-based Caucasus Institute, said last Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post

YEREVAN, January 25. / ARKA /. Armenia should not expect an economic surge due to the lifting of sanctions against Iran, Sergey Minasyan, head of Political Studies Department at the Yerevan-based Caucasus Institute, said last Friday.

Speaking at a news conference, he said even under sanctions Iran and Armenia reached the maximum possible economic cooperation, even given the small Armenian economy. He added, however, that their bilateral relations can progress due to the implementation of several large energy and infrastructure projects, including the construction of a hydroelectric power station on the border Araks River and power transmission lines.

"In general, from an economic point of view, the lifting of sanctions will not result in an economic upsurge in Armenia because even during the sanctions period Armenia and Iran maintained a fairly high level of economic cooperation", said Minasyan.

According to him, the new situation will be positive for Armenia also politically, ‘although Iran and Armenia have never had serious political disagreements.’

He reminded also that Iran’s stance concerning the Karabakh issue is cautiously optimistic, if not to say pro-Armenian while Armenia's role for Iran has always been important even before the sanctions, partly due to the Armenian Diaspora, as well as the Turkish factor.

"I do not think there will be negative developments in terms of economy or politics. The dynamics of Iranian-Armenian relationship will be extremely positive without even an economic upsurge,' said Minasyan.

Armenia’s trade with Iran in the 11 months of 2015 dropped by 5.3% from the previous year to 249.6 billion drams. Armenian exports declined by 8.2% to $71 million.

http://arka.am/en/news/economy/armen...n_expert_says/
      Over time I believe we will find this article false. As Iran's economy grows, there will be general growth in all spheres including ours.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The biggest problem is Russia and Turkey. Iran and Armenia economics would have grown and now with no sanctions would boom but Russia wants Armenia to only depend on them and Turks do everything they can to cut off Iran from Armenia.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          The biggest problem is Russia and Turkey. Iran and Armenia economics would have grown and now with no sanctions would boom but Russia wants Armenia to only depend on them and Turks do everything they can to cut off Iran from Armenia.
          I dont see how can Turkey cut Iran from Armenia. But for Russia it is clear, they have tremendous soft power in Armenia, and we are helping them with that, 'they bought the gas system in the south linking us with Iran in 2015. We need to think strategically and not hinder our safety, Russia is not stable as many believes. We need to diversify our options,becoming an Transit country for Iranian gas would have helped us improve our security and economy.

And people need to think objectively, Russia is not mother Theresa. Giving it everything is wrong ( Gas,railway, electricity, Eurasian Union,...) and always attacking it is wrong as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
            Russia is not mother Theresa.
            No one is mother Theresa. We just have to play our hand with the best options available. Better give some to Russia than be run over by the 90 million turkic rats.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
              I dont see how can Turkey cut Iran from Armenia. But for Russia it is clear, they have tremendous soft power in Armenia, and we are helping them with that, 'they bought the gas system in the south linking us with Iran in 2015. We need to think strategically and not hinder our safety, Russia is not stable as many believes. We need to diversify our options,becoming an Transit country for Iranian gas would have helped us improve our security and economy.

And people need to think objectively, Russia is not mother Theresa. Giving it everything is wrong ( Gas,railway, electricity, Eurasian Union,...) and always attacking it is wrong as well.
              I agree on much of this post ... Russia has great "soft" power over us. Likely not all is soft. The leverage is heavy.
              I really agree on them seizing our national assets. I'd hoped for more if they considered us a FRIEND as they state. Don't believe we wanted them to own our infrastructure. Thats not a friendly act but a controlling move. That is not to say they haven't done a huge number of friendly things for us, but their keeping control is blatant , unwelcomed , and surely not what a friend would wish for his friend. However I find great fault in those Hayr who think dealing with the west's sharks is going to be benificial to us. Short term maybe, but that's the west's bait and switch road game. Long term we got terminal cancer and a xxxxx shuved deep.
              A friend tries to strengthen his friend to be able to stand on his own. Now Russia clearly states for public consumption that our relationship is based on that of friends so I'm not off based on taking this line. However clearly it's friendliness with control or the friend thing ends. I'm impressed with our govt that we have any SOVERIEGNITY left at all.that is not to say Russia hasn't done a ton of friendly things for us at great cost to them. I fear the west's incideous friendly offers more than Russia's . Much more !!
              I again agree not to perceive Russia as altruistic (ma terry), but also not forget how much they've done and are doing for us at great cost to them.
              I don't trust our govt or general population to not fall for west's sugar coated POISON. Very worried about that.
              We need to find a third way that recognizes reality for what it is. The pressure is great upon us just to have kept what SOVERIEGNITY we still have. That's an extreme tough act we've pulled off so far.
              Originally posted by Azad View Post
              No one is mother Theresa. We just have to play our hand with the best options available. Better give some to Russia than be run over by the 90 million turkic rats.
              and it is Russia that's the reason we haven't had to fight to the last man so far. The hybrid hominoid that proudly calls themselves turcee would not hesitate without restraint of Russian full force and adamant intervention.
              Same as the last so many millinea , we are in a tough spot.
              Gotta keep searching for our path.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Same as the last so many millinea , we are in a tough spot.
                Gotta keep searching for our path.
                Things might not be as bad with erdogan in power. He alienated Russia, divided his country. Let us hope the Kurds will get little smarter and get some territory that will keep the two of them occupied West of us. Dealing with the idiots East of us is more manageable.

Comment

Any chance US backs Kurds against turkey? I feel US's stance on Turkey changed the moment Turkey limited their usage of the airbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                    Any chance US backs Kurds against turkey? I feel US's stance on Turkey changed the moment Turkey limited their usage of the airbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                      USA backs kerds as long as it BENIFITS USA.
                      USA sold us down the road and is selling us down the road for both strategic opportunity of our western highlands and Anatolia + 70+ mill hominoids & kerds exploitation their capatolists (sharks) can have. They (USA) money monger manipulators are drooling at the great potential intrapment of the not so bright hominoid/kerd in their (USA) financial scam(s).
                      Kerd lasts till their not needed and hominoid usa's real prize.
                      Just my observation.
                      None in world are more incideous than USA money/control boys.
                      However I think there is another very elite (VERY) that's actually manipulating America.

Comment

Working...
                      X