Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

ARMENIA PRAISES IRAN'S ROLE IN REGIONAL SECURITY ARCHITECTURE

PanARMENIAN.Net
    April 19, 2011 - 16:34 AMT 11:34 GMT

A senior Armenian military official has praised Iran's role in the
    regional security architecture, saying that Iran keeps a certain
    balance of power and provides its northern neighbor with security.

"The Iranian Army has honored commitments on defending Iran's national
    interests and ensuring Iranian nation's security. Over the past years,
    Iran has followed a conscious and coherent policy in the region,"
    IRNA quoted Armenian Deputy Defense Minister Ara Nazaryan as saying
    on Tuesday, April 19, during a ceremony marking Iran's National Army
    Day in Yerevan.

He added that Armenia-Iran relations, rooted in mutual interests and
    long-established affinity, are currently at the highest level.

For his part, Iranian military attache in Armenia Ahmad Reza Allahdadi
    said that Iran has always endeavored to secure regional and global
    peace and stability. "That's why Iranian military doctrine is primarily
    defensive in nature," he pointed out.

Allahdadi also noted that "Iran's enemies are not in a position to
    launch an attack on the Islamic Republic since the country's Armed
    Forces are fully prepared to repel possible acts of aggression,"
    Press TV reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
      This what I was getting at - in Iran we do a better job of protecting Armenian women from getting involved in the sex trade than the U.S. or Armenia (for whatever reason).

(In fairness I already admitted that every country, including Iran, has prostitution, whether legal or underground.)

(Man ba khanoom dava nadaram aziz; Ba ehteram barat minivisam.)
      Ma dava nemikonim vali gharar ham nist ke hamishe ba ham movafegh bashem. Inja forum-e va kamelan tabiie ke ba ham mokhalefat konim ta harfi baraye goftan bashe.

Comment

Context - Lake Urmiah is in Northern Iran near the Turkish border. Russians occupied it and let the Turks slaughter people. This is one of the reasons I find it odd that Russia escapes criticism (as do the Armenians that took Armenia in the direction of "Armenia-SSR.")

NY Times 1915.

The protection of Christians by local Persian and Iranian-Azari civilians is also confirmed in the 1915 British report: "Many Moslems tried to save their Christian neighbours and offered them shelter in their houses, but the Turkish authorities were implacable." (Bryce, James Lord. British Government Report on the Armenian Massacres of April–December 1915.)

For lack of a better word - it's sad what some of your parents have taught you about Iran, Iranian Muslims, Iranian-Azaris, and Iran's decision to bring Christians in the center of Iran (and away from the border with Turkey).

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        Ma dava nemikonim vali gharar ham nist ke hamishe ba ham movafegh bashem. Inja forum-e va kamelan tabiie ke ba ham mokhalefat konim ta harfi baraye goftan bashe.
        Miboosamet aziz.

Iranian MP Bet Kolia appointed head of International Union of Assyrians: Relocates Offices from U.S. to Iran ('Iran is the safest place for Christians.' http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=177615

Tehran Times Political Desk: TEHRAN – Iranian MP Yonatan Bet Kolia, the representative of the Assyrian and Chaldean Christian communities in the Majlis, has been appointed as the secretary general of the International Union of Assyrians. Consequently, after four decades the union’s central office has been relocated from the United States to Iran. The 25th congress of the International Union of Assyrians was held in Sweden from September 3 to 7 where Bet Kolia was appointed to the post for a three-year term. The congress discussed the problems of Assyrians especially the Assyrian immigrants all over the world. Bet Kolia formerly served as the International Union of Assyrians deputy secretary general and head of the union’s Asia department. He intends to announce the union’s future plans in a news conference in the near future.
        Last edited by Persopolis; 04-20-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          The thing is the more laws you make the more laws that are going to be broken. Most clothes aren't banned in Europe you can were what ever you like but what is happening now is that people are being forced to show their faces in public. Muslim women are still allowed to cover their hair and stuff but they have to show their face when they are in public. As long as it stays there I agree with the law but the moment that law crosses the point and starts banning muslim cloths its time for me to speak up against. The thing is you were talking that we have to respect their culture but when are they going to respect European culture? If a woman goes to Iran or SA they have to cover their hair but when Europe does something similair and forces women to show their faces there is drama and politicians are being called facists and racists.

In my opinion the government should stay out of lives and never force us to wear something or force us not to wear something its the same with the bedroom the government doesn't have a right in there.
          European "culture" isn't religious. If Europe doesn't want to deal with other cultures wanting to maintain their religious rights, then they should stop with the military invasions of countries which forces migration of religious people.

Let's take this scenario. We both have a home and are able to do what we're accustomed to doing within our home. Now your home gets invaded and you can no longer live there safely but I invite you to live in my home. Except now you have to live by my rules, under my roof. How would you feel about that? Would you feel "liberated"?
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            European "culture" isn't religious. If Europe doesn't want to deal with other cultures wanting to maintain their religious rights, then they should stop with the military invasions of countries which forces migration of religious people.
            You read my mind - seriously I agree with 95% of what I've seen you write here. I hope the Armenian government finds your posts and puts you in a leadership position. (I am not being sarcastic; your survival as a people depends on the leadership of individuals with your mindset.)

Comment

You read my mind - seriously I agree with 95% of what I've seen you write here. I hope the Armenian government finds your posts and puts you in a leadership position. (I am not being sarcastic; your survival as a people depends on the leadership of individuals with your mindset.)
              That's unlikely to happen. Besides, I'm working on taking over Canada at the moment
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

your survival as a people...
                It isn't coincidence that the Armenian nation has survived throughout the ages, while powerful empires like those of the Assyrians, Medes, Babylonians all disappeared. Even GENOCIDE could not wipe us out. We have always had brilliant minds within our nation to guide as during the worst of times.

In other words, while we appreciate your heart-aching concern for our nation's future, it would be more adviseable for you to go worry about your own's and it's problems. A wise man puts his own house in order first before worrying about straightening out it's neighbors!
                Last edited by Federate; 04-21-2011, 05:40 AM. Reason: Removing insults

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                  In other words, while we appreciate your heart-aching concern for our nation's future, it would be more adviseable for you to go worry about your own's and it's problems. A wise man puts his own house in order first before worrying about straightening out it's neighbors!
                  Sorry but the smoke from your roof is getting in my eyes -- if you burn down your neighborhood, I'm sure you'll enjoy Glendale while you roam the streets babbling about what could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    It's not about having them follow Western Standards, but giving them the freedom of choice of personal decisions such as what to wear. Why should government have any say in what you wear? Who the hell is government to make that kind of decision for people?

Well it isn't a coincidence that rising nations like China, aren't plagued by women's suffrage issues or that China's poltical system affords, women rights and legal protections. Nor that women are so often "disempowered" in more traditional societies. Which holds them back and undermines there social and economic development.

Iranians are a lot like Hasidic xxxs in a sence. As they are conservative, insular and basically trying to live in the past. However you can't win that way, as the world isn't monolithic and in no small part, due to improvements in transportation, communications and global media coverage. It is far more more globalised and integrated than it was in the past.

What is happening in Syria will of unnerved Tehran and it's only really a question of time before many of these regimes fall. As repression in the end is a very weak instrument of state control and the Arab Spring isn't entirely inorganic in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                      A statement by the Armenian presidential press service said Sarkisian also reaffirmed Yerevan’s strong interest in their implementation. It said the two presidents specifically discussed ambitions plans to build a railway connecting Armenia with Iran.

The railway construction is estimated to cost at least $1 billion. Neither government has so far identified concrete sources of funding for the project.
                      This railway line, has positive long term trade implications and is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X