Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Good for Iran!

Turkey displeased with oncoming screening of Armenian Genocide film in Iran

April 5, 2011 - 15:39 AMT 10:39 GMT
    PanARMENIAN.Net - Ankara will be outraged by the screening of Tigran Khzmalyan’s Armin Wegner- Genocide Photographer film. According to Milliyet Turkish newspaper, recently Iran-Turkey relations were taken to a higher level. ''However, Tehran is initiating an unfriendly step, allowing the screening of a film about Armenian Genocide on April 24,'' the newspaper reported.

''On April 24, Tehran will host the screening of Armin Wegner- Genocide Photographer film,'' the film director Trigran Khzmalyan stated on April 4. “I’m glad that the screening is scheduled for April 24, which increases its political meaning. Members of the Armenian community as well as Iranian parliamentarians will attend the screening,” he said. As Khzmalyan noted, the movie might be broadcast on one of Iranian TV channels.

Armin Wegner was a German soldier and medic in World War I. Stationed in the Ottoman Empire during World War I, Wegner was a witness to the Armenian Genocide. The photographs he took documenting the plight of the Armenians today "comprise the core of witness images of the Genocide."
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• Re: How does everyone feel about Israel?

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      I'm still waiting for my answers when will I get them? Because to me it seems you don't have any answers.

PS do as you like but i'm sure only 10 people will read your blog and your government doesn't give a xxxx what you or I think. I want my answers.
      I want to help you get answers. Here is a link for the leader of Iran and it has his e-mail address at the bottom: http://english.khamenei.ir//index.php You can also write a letter to them directly or send it to me and I will forward it for you. (They may also simply trace their link back the link to this site.)

Make sure in your letter you tell him that in your opinion Iran has never helped Armenia and show him him some of Mos's lovely quotes - I'm sure he will answer you. Tell him that the President of Iran visiting the AG memorial in Armenia and expressing his condolences for those events means nothing, that the dozens of memorials in Iran are not enough, and that you defend Israel. Hopefully, his chief of staff, Mr. Kalishnikov, will answer you directly.

Maybe "10 people will read my blog" ... but somehow I doubt it, my Nowrooz message to Iranians got over 430,000 views and my protest against the renaming of the Persian Gulf received several million. Best of luck to you.
      Last edited by Persopolis; 04-05-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
        I want to help you get answers. Here is a link for the leader of Iran and it has his e-mail address at the bottom: http://english.khamenei.ir//index.php You can also write a letter to them directly or send it to me and I will forward it for you. (They may also simply trace their link back the link to this site.)

Make sure in your letter you tell him that in your opinion Iran has never helped Armenia and show him him some of Mos's lovely quotes - I'm sure he will answer you. Tell him that the President of Iran visiting the AG memorial in Armenia and expressing his condolences for those events means nothing, that the dozens of memorials in Iran are not enough, and that you defend Israel. Hopefully, his chief of staff, Mr. Kalishnikov, will answer you directly.

Maybe "10 people will read my blog" ... but somehow I doubt it, my Nowrooz message to Iranians got over 430,000 views and my protest against the renaming of the Persian Gulf received several million. Best of luck to you.
        So you've got no answers to why you country hasn't recognized the Armenian genocide but you dare to criticize other countries who haven't done it. That is so funny. I never said they never helped I said we have no reason to say thanks, because every time they have helped us is because it was in their interest and some of the problems like in Nakhijevan can be traced back to the deportation of Armenians from there to Iran.

Comment

...deportation of Armenians from there to Iran.
          The lack of education is mind-boggling ...

When Julfa was evacuated Iran built New Julfa. The reason was to deprive the advancing Ottoman army food and shelter as they were attempting to invade Northern Iran (Iran had just fought off a war with the Mongols). When armies are denied food and shelter they can't sustain themselves.

It's astonishing how poor your education is. Have you ever heard of a government "deporting" people and building them a New City in their own country while Armenians served in high-positions in the Iranian government? Usually people are deported out of a country, not into the heart of the country where it's safer. Armenians were imported into the center of Iran - where it was safer. Anyone that stayed behind would have faced the advancing Ottoman army and would have been sleeping under a Katchkar forever.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how under-educated you are regarding your own history ... how old are you?
          Last edited by Persopolis; 04-05-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

you dare to criticize other countries who haven't done it.
            You seem to have missed my point: This is a thread about Israel. The Israeli lobby goes to OTHER COUNTRIES and BLOCKS the recognition of the Armenian Genocide. They do that for money. If you have complaints whether the steps Iran has taken are sufficient, it's up to you to write a letter to the Iranian government. What are you waiting for?

Quite frankly, if your views are representative of the majority of Armenians - I would be in favor of taking down all of the Genocide Memorials in Iran and sending them to Armenia to put up in your bedroom and then sealing-off the border.

Trust me, Iran doesn't need your BS; and you're running out of friends in the neighborhood. Don't come crying to us again when Yerevan is named Turkistan.

If you disgrace the tens of thousands of Iranian soldiers who have given up their lives protecting Armenia for centuries, you deserve whatever the Turks have planned for you: In fact seeing some of the posts on here nudges in me in favor of a new memorial at the Iran/Armenia border called the "The Memorial of Armenian Ingrates" - it can symbolize the results from the lack of friendly attitudes, xenophobia, and poor historical leadership by Armenia, and recognize Iran's will to permanently sever its ties from individuals that show a lack of gratefulness towards Iran's helpful efforts towards Armenians and callous attitude to the lives of soldiers given up fighting the Ottomans and Mongols.
            V
            V
            I'm an Armenian from Armenia my family has 0.0 to thank Iran for.
            Let me ask you a question: When will native-Armenians apologize to the Armenian diaspora for leaving the union with Iran, conceding land to Turkey, and rendering Armenians vulnerable to Genocide by Turks when Iran had successfully defended Armenia for centuries?

Who was responsible for this Karo? (Like I said: Don't come crying to Iran again ...)

V
            V

And just wait until the border with Turkey opens up without Iran at your side - you will love it.
            http://www.yerevanreport.com/16511/a...l-dead-turkey/
            Last edited by Persopolis; 04-05-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

A Turkish article on Iran-Armenia relations:

Iran-Armenia relations and the ‘genocide’
              Font Size: Larger|Smaller
              Sunday, August 29, 2010
              CEM OĞUZ

Iranian Vice President Hamid Baghaei’s remarks last week that the deportation of Armenians in 1915 amounted to genocide have understandably drawn ire in Turkey.

The Iranian Embassy in Ankara soon after released a statement claiming that Baghaei’s position on the matter had not been accurately reflected by media outlets. Turkey, nevertheless, was obviously not satisfied with this explanation. Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu was reported to have told his Iranian counterpart Manouchehr Mottaki that Turkey was awaiting a correction from Baghaei himself.

I humbly think that the timing of this statement, which has the appearances of someone shooting themselves in the foot, is indeed quite interesting. But in order to understand the factors that might have motivated Baghaei, one should embrace the issue in question from a broader perspective and rather focus on Iran’s respective relations with both Azerbaijan and Armenia.

An Islamic republic favoring an avowedly Christian state in a conflict with its predominantly Muslim neighbor would normally seem unlikely, but this is exactly what Tehran did during the war between Armenia and Azerbaijan in the early 1990s. Since then, Iran has indeed been predisposed toward supporting Yerevan over Baku on regional issues, but first and foremost the Karabakh dispute.

There are a great variety of reasons behind this support, but I will list here only the three most crucial: At present, the number of ethnic Armenians living in Iran is estimated to be about only 100,000, constituting the country’s largest Christian minority. On the other hand, the number of ethnic Azeris living in Iran is at least 20 million, though there is some dispute about this figure, which is affected by the differing perspectives and motivations that the issue is approached with. These people have been integrated into Iranian society and hold important positions in the higher echelons of the state like Seyyed Ali Khamanei, the supreme leader who succeeded Ayatollah Khomeni. Nonetheless, the Iranian establishment sees these people as a potential secessionist threat, actually one to be provoked by Azerbaijan should it regain its territories still under Armenian occupation. It is precisely for this reason that Tehran attempts to strategically balance Azerbaijan with its arch-enemy Armenia.

What also disturbs Tehran is Azerbaijan’s close relations with Western countries, first and foremost the U.S. and Israel. Given its deeply antagonistic relationship with these two countries, Iran has in the past strongly opposed Western proposals for the deployment of international peacekeeping forces in Karabakh, fearing it might eventually result in its further encirclement by the U.S. (and thus Israel).

This Iranian concern has also been underlined by circles close to the Turkish government and seems evident in what a figure in the entourage of Prime Minister Recep T. Erdoğan relates about nearly every occasion that the Iranians have been requested to use their leverage over Armenia to resolve the deadlock. “Yet each time we raise this issue,” says this official, “the Iranians respond by pointing out Baku’s strengthening relations with Israel.”

The third reason is related to Iran’s economic considerations. Indeed, Iran is one of Armenia’s major trade partners. Not only do Iranian goods flood the Armenian market. More importantly, Tehran supplies Yerevan with significant volumes of natural gas. Recently, it has also helped to construct hydroelectric dams on the Araz River. Actually, the bilateral economic relations are so intense that Iranian businessmen, as well as local authorities of those regions bordering Armenia, are rumored to nowadays be occupying the streets of Yerevan as part of Iran’s preparations against the sanctions imposed by the United Nations.

In comparison to the state of Tehran’s economic relations with Yerevan, however, those with Baku are highly problematic. This is well illustrated in the serious competition between Tehran and Baku over disputed Caspian oil and gas reserves.

In such a milieu, the Turks hope that the addressee of the unambiguous message sent by Mr. Baghaei was not Turkey. Mr. Baghaei might be intent on making a gesture to Armenia, but he would do well to heed a Turkish proverb that I believe has relevance: While trying to pluck one's eyebrows, one should not pluck out one’s eyes.

The Turkish people indeed expect Mr. Bahgaei to provide a sincere correction!
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

-----

Turkey shocked at screening of Armenian Genocide documentary in Iran on April 24

April 05, 2011 | 18:10

Turkish mass media labeled “shocking” the information that “Armin Wegner, the Armenian Genocide Photographer” documentary by Armenian film director Tigran Khzmalyan will be screened in Tehran on April 24.

Within the recent years, Iran and Turkey have been on closest terms ever, but Tehran allowed screening the film on the Armenian Genocide on April 24, Milliyet daily reports.

Khzmalyan had earlier stated that Iranian MPs will attend the film exhibition together with the representatives of the Armenian community.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Who was responsible for this Karo? (Like I said: Don't come crying to Iran again ...)

V
                  V

Some idiot Bolsheviks sold us yes, but the truth is without the Russians, Turks would have cleaned all of Anatolia and Caucasus of Armenians - and today there would be no Armenia.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

You seem to have missed my point: This is a thread about Israel. The Israeli lobby goes to OTHER COUNTRIES and BLOCKS the recognition of the Armenian Genocide. They do that for money. If you have complaints whether the steps Iran has taken are sufficient, it's up to you to write a letter to the Iranian government. What are you waiting for?

Quite frankly, if your views are representative of the majority of Armenians - I would be in favor of taking down all of the Genocide Memorials in Iran and sending them to Armenia to put up in your bedroom and then sealing-off the border.

Trust me, Iran doesn't need your BS; and you're running out of friends in the neighborhood. Don't come crying to us again when Yerevan is named Turkistan.

If you disgrace the tens of thousands of Iranian soldiers who have given up their lives protecting Armenia for centuries, you deserve whatever the Turks have planned for you:

Let me ask you a question: When will native-Armenians apologize to the Armenian diaspora for leaving the union with Iran, conceding land to Turkey, and rendering Armenians vulnerable to Genocide by Turks when Iran had successfully defended Armenia for centuries?

V
                    V

Thank you for showing your real colors.
                    I'm sorry we were inconvenience when you conquered Armenia, because that's the truth. You conquered our lands so don't expect me to be happy about Iran ruling our lands and why should I? The Iranians died for their country and not for Armenia, the only people who have died for Armenia have been Armenians.

So now we should apologize for fighting for our independence the right for all people. Diaspora should first come back and try to live in the country and reality and they can think about asking for an excuse because it will always be the Armenians living in Hayastan that will be suffering when something goes wrong not you or anyone living in the diaspora.

Yerevan is very safe right now you should worry more about your own country and the enemies you are facing they are much more powerful than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                      April 05, 2011 | 18:10

Turkish mass media labeled “shocking” the information that “Armin Wegner, the Armenian Genocide Photographer” documentary by Armenian film director Tigran Khzmalyan will be screened in Tehran on April 24.

Within the recent years, Iran and Turkey have been on closest terms ever, but Tehran allowed screening the film on the Armenian Genocide on April 24, Milliyet daily reports.
                      Iran put up the first memorial to the AG anywhere in the world, shortly after those tragic events. The truth is Iran has been diplomatically pushing Turkey for decades to recognize the AG, but in a way that doesn't destabilize the whole region.

Turkey isn't "shocked" - Were they "shocked" when the President of Iran visited the AG memorial in Armenia after the iron curtain came down? Were they "shocked" when New Julfa was built or top government positions in Iran went to Armenians for the the past several centuries? Were they "shocked" at the dozens of memorials put up in Iran with official government approval?

Turkey's fantasy is that Armenians forget about their connections to Iran and become powerless and vulnerable - Aliyev's government has stated over-&-over again that only thing, in their opinion, keeping Armenia in tact is its border with Iran. That's why they've teamed up with Israel. Israel/the US/Turkey are trying to destabilize Iran's northern border, and Aliyev wants to use it as way to make a military incursion into Armenia.
                      Last edited by Persopolis; 04-05-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X