Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    Iran invaded Iraq: Iran had, over the course of several decades, annexed numerous bits of Iraqi territory, most of it economically unimportant but some of it very important since it had access to oil reserves. The tensions between Iran and Iraq had this illegal annexing of land belonging to Iraq at its core, the post-revolution attempts by the Iranians to export their ideology into Iraq and topple its government just pushed things over the edge.
    You are a dunce. How about talking about imperialistic, illegal, criminal 'annexation' of lands by the Brits?

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    My friend, Iranians are paying attention ... before I joined this site I got a number of complaints from them. Iranians (like Armenians) will ask themselves what Armenians did to put an end to these types of attitudes (I did my part). Iranians are not passive people ... Iranians will respond because views like his reflect what Armenian parents and schools have taught their kids.
    Why should we expect everyone to think like me or you? Bad or good, homogeneity can hardly be found in today’s societies. Do all Iranians think alike? Does everyone in Iran for instance think that resuming relations with Israel or America is futile? Or there are quite many who think the opposite? The same applies to Armenia and Armenians... thankfully, policymakers in Armenia do not think/act like people like Mos.
    Last edited by Lucin; 04-07-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      It was a settlement, they didn't "annex" it militarily http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Algiers_Agreement
      The settlement was a result of Iran nibbling away at Iraqi territory over many decades (some of the nibbling dated back to the fall of the Ottoman empire). There were many dozen examples of Iran "tidying up" the route of the border by occupying Iraqi territory. And the settlement did not stop the nibbling: Iran still did not withdraw from areas the settlement required it to withdraw from. Alas I no longer own my copy of the book Iraq submitted to the UN in 1979 that detailed with large-scale maps the Iraqi territories still held by Iran. If I had I could quote you where they were. The actual areas of those territories were small and in the middle of nowhere mostly - but we all know the "we will not loose inch of our territory" attitudes that prevail throughout the middle east.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-07-2011, 11:51 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Iran effectively did not have a military because the Shah's high-command and forces loyal to him went into exile.
        Your current regime murdered them all in purges, just like Stalin did in Russia in the 1930s to the Soviet military. And your government behaved so badly in the international stage, like a bunch of thuggish, murderous, untrustworthy, two-faced liars - that by only a few years after your revolution nobody would supply Iran with weapons. You have to be an extraordinarily unpleasant and untrustworthy regime for even arms dealers to avoid doing business with you!
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 04-07-2011, 12:02 PM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          Why should we expect everyone to think like me or you?
          Because we're sexy, our shoes match, and we both like bastani.

Do all Iranians think alike? Does everyone in Iran for instance think that resuming relations with Israel or America is futile?
          No. But Iranians are less shy about putting divisive or unpatriotic Iranians in their place. http://jahanshahjavid.blogspot.com/ Armenia's vulnerability is that it too readily allows ideas that ultimately hurt Armenian progress or territorial integrity. Sometimes hitting a hamvatani with a chakosh in the chombol does wonders.

Does everyone in Iran for instance think that resuming relations with Israel or America is futile?
          No. But those people can shop for shoes in Tehran-angeles and Tehran-to forever. Because of their smaller numbers, Armenians don't have that luxury. Kim Kardashian is never returning to Yerevan: If she returns, her children will be named "Al Sharpton Kardashian" and "Latoya Jackson Kardashian." Early education is more important to Armenia than Iran, as Armenians cannot afford another diaspora or bad relations with their neighbors; particularly against long-time friends like Iran.

thankfully, policymakers in Armenia do not think/act like people like Mos.
          ... Poor Mos. But Lucin-jan, whether the policymakers in Armenia think that way or not - If those ideas get a strong footing among the people in Yerevan, Iranian tourists that experience that behavior are never coming back. That sentiment will trickle all the way up to the government level in Iran, and then someone in the Iranian government will say: "If Yerevan ridicules Iranians/Muslims..." then => "Maybe Aliyev is not such a bad guy" or "Let's turn Vank cathedral into Hezbollah's new headquarters" or "Of course Azerbaijan can use the Iranian corridor for attacking Yerevan." I'm doing Armenians a favor by pointing this out: "Stupid-is-as-stupid-does," as they say, Lucian-jan. The Iranian-Armenian community should contact Yerevan and let them know they need to fix the Armenian educational system ASAP (throw out Stalin's old text books) and make bolstering the Iranian/Armenian relationship a top priority. You'd be surprised at how many times I've had to explain to people on this forum that Russia gave Armenia's lands to Turkey - not Iran; you'd be surprised at how many times I've had to explain to Armenians that Armenians are part of the larger Iranian community and have been for centuries. You'd be surprised at how many times I've had to point out that Iran let Armenian's fleeing the AG into Iran and stopped the Ottomans at the border.
          Last edited by Persopolis; 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

...we all know the "we will not loose inch of our territory" attitudes that prevail throughout the middle east.
            How's Tel Aviv? BTW it's spelled "lose." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lose And you convinced people here that you are from Scotland?

Your current regime murdered them all in purges, just like Stalin did in Russia in the 1930s to the Soviet military. And your government behaved so badly in the international stage...
            Stalin, a J*w, murdered 30 million Christians. Hopefully, Iran will pay back the favor to Tel Aviv. Did you enjoy the video with the blown up Mirkava tanks?

The settlement was a result of Iran nibbling away at Iraqi territory over many decades (some of the nibbling dated back to the fall of the Ottoman empire).
            There was no country known as "Iraq" prior to the 1900s. It was originally part of the Persian Empire, then it was controlled by the Ottomans; and then the British Empire created "the Kingdom of Iraq" in 1932. "The Republic of Iraq" was established in 1958. It's a great place to launch missiles into Tel Aviv from.
            Last edited by Persopolis; 04-07-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Listen Persopolis, I have no problems with Iranians. I would welcome them to Yerevan if I had lived in Armenia. Iranian and Armenian ties should be expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by robertik1 View Post
                Listen Persopolis, I have no problems with Iranians. I would welcome them to Yerevan if I had lived in Armenia. Iranian and Armenian ties should be expanded.
                My comment isn't for you, or for the majority of Armenians - Obviously I like Armenians or I wouldn't be here. My comment is limited to the ones that speak-first without knowing who their friends in the region are or their own history.

Peace.

Comment

Why should we expect everyone to think like me or you? Bad or good, homogeneity can hardly be found in today’s societies. Do all Iranians think alike? Does everyone in Iran for instance think that resuming relations with Israel or America is futile? Or there are quite many who think the opposite? The same applies to Armenia and Armenians... thankfully, policymakers in Armenia do not think/act like people like Mos.
                  And how do I act that so disturbs you?

No. But those people can shop for shoes in Tehran-angeles and Tehran-to forever. Because of their smaller numbers, Armenians don't have that luxury. Kim Kardashian is never returning to Yerevan: If she returns, her children will be named "Al Sharpton Kardashian" and "Latoya Jackson Kardashian." Early education is more important to Armenia than Iran, as Armenians cannot afford another diaspora or bad relations with their neighbors; particularly against long-time friends like Iran.
                  Karadashian is not Armenian! She's 1/4 Armenian by blood, but in reality she's just another idiot American star. Unfortunately, the Turks/Azeris are using her for their information war against us and smear campaign, and unsuspecting armenians are brainwashed.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

You are a dunce. How about talking about imperialistic, illegal, criminal 'annexation' of lands by the Brits?
                    Good point Lucin-jan: It's always easier to understand a territorial dispute between adjoining countries, but the British have gone all over the world creating messes. If there's any payback it will be that all of the Kurdish, Turkish, and Arab refugees in Britain will bring that chaos there.

I can see it now: A group of Kurds meets in the UK and declares the existence of a New Kurdistan stretching from London to Liverpool.
                    Last edited by Persopolis; 04-07-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Good point Lucin-jan: It's always easier to understand a territorial dispute between adjoining countries, but the British have gone all over the world creating messes. If there's any payback it will be that all of the Kurish, Turkish, and Arab refugees in Britain will bring that chaos there.

I can see it now: A group of Kurds meets in the UK and declares the existence of a New Kurdistan stretching from London to Liverpool.
                      You'd think they would have been gearing to loot the Crown J3wels by now.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X