Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Racism (Anti-Armenianism); a good thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Racism (Anti-Armenianism); a good thing?

Originally posted by Azar View Post
    I agree with secularism 110%, but I don't agree with this anti-Islam movement. The reality is that the majority of Muslims are great people, the reason why European countries have problems with Muslims isn't because they're Muslims, it's because they usually tend to import refugees and lower class immigrants.
    Still every immigrant regardless of background should adjust to the lifestyle and culture of their host country. They can still maintain their own culture, but they still owe it to the country that keeps them to learn the language and embrace the secular society. Another problem is demographic. Muslim families have many children and thus they are increasing more than the native Europeans. This calls for greatly limiting immigration from Muslim countries, only until the demographic situation is normal.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      In Europe there's an anti-Islam movement because it is being flooded with Muslim immigrants who refuse to integrate, and barely know the language and thus only interact in their own communities. They also have many children, thus creating a big demographic problem. Not to mention, you have extremists among them who in the process participate in terrorist activities.

I personally have a problem with the Muslim countries which merge government with religious law (like Iran, Saudi Arabia). Every country in the world should be secular with division in government and religion. A theocratic country is a backwards one.
      As an Armenian that's very hypocritical to say something about people not wanting to integrate in to society. First most Muslims are as much integrated as the new Armenia communities. And in a generation or two those children will assimilate in to the societies of their host countries. This is just fear mongering that you are doing now, nothing more.

On this forum a while go there were people who were calling for Armenia to become a theocratic state and give more power to the church and become a true Christian state. (I don't know if you were part of this or not don't remember but what I'm now saying is something general and not directed towards anyone.) How can you on one hand want a theocratic state in Armenia but hate other theocratic states. Christian laws will not be better than Islamic laws. They will not be more humane, they will not be much different from other theocratic laws. All theocratic laws will cut the freedom of people. I believe in a free society where the government is there to protect the people but not take away their freedom, be it freedom of speech or any other freedom.

And the topic at hand, there are two answers. One the group will benefit from it by staying a tide community and not lose members. But the individual will not benefit from it and racism could lead to extremism and hatred and more racism to be honest.

Comment

What happens when people filled with hatred take over power? 1915 Turkey is an example. Certainly, all forms of racism should cease.

Comment

The classic argument used by these right-wing propagandists is that the Orient and the Occident are so radically different that they can't coexist together, when you guys as Armenians know very well they can coexist perfectly.

Don't buy into this whole "Islam is evil" propaganda guys, it's just the new scapegoat used by hateful xenophobes. Love all cultural and religions differences and embrace them.

You are either a classic Islamist liar or a perfect idiot to dare to suggest that Armenians have "coexisted perfectly" with Muslims. Nobody can coexist perfectly with Islam, unless you consider extinction to be perfect coexistance. When Muslims are not gleefully killing non-Muslims, they are even more bloodthisty with any fellow Muslims they consider are not acting like true Muslims. Islam is evil, and is probably the most dangerous problem facing the world. No reasonable person could argue otherwise. The only stable Islamic countries are those whose rulers have realised that all aspects of Islam need to be firmly controlled lest it becomes a bloodthirsty monster. Iraq is an example of what can happen when that control is lost. Why not go there and try out your "loving"?
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
            What happens when people filled with hatred take over power? 1915 Turkey is an example. Certainly, all forms of racism should cease.
            Who is saying hated has anything to do with it? Isn't it an act of kindness to kill Christians? It makes the World a better, more Godly place, Better to convert them to Islam of course, but death is the next best option. Any hatred came after those blessed events, and arose as a result of those annoying Armenians who are manipulated by unnamed Powers or (to use Azar's wording) "right-wing propagandists" into actually daring to accuse perfect, God-fearing Muslims of having committing genocide.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I saw a documentary where an Armenian boy was murdered by Russian skinheads for absolutely no reason other than being different.
              Countless Armenians are being murdered in Russia every year and the government is reluctant to address the issue as related to racism. I personally would like to see Armenians in Russia back in Armenia, since they speak Russian as a legacy of Soviet assimilation program, they lose their Armenian identity faster than anywhere else and if Armenians in “Christian” countries have been assimilated after three generations, an Armenian that has lived in Russia for say, 10 years, has already “forgotten” the Armenian language. It's also due to poor organization of Armenians in Russia as contrary to the Diasporans after the Genocide where the Dashnaktsutiun was strong and did everything to organize the community.

However, the downside is that these Armenians outside Armenia work and send money to their relatives in Armenia, where the lousy governance of the mobster thugs has caused inequality soar to the miserable actual levels.

Comment

the majority of Muslims are great people
                Muslims are good but Islam isn't. Religion is bad. It has nothing whatsoever to do with god (regardless it/she/he exists or not) nor has it anything to do with morality. Religion is a product of ignorance and superstition. I wish I lived in an era where religion had been flushed down the drain a long time ago...

That five or six centuries have passed since the Renaissance, a couple less from Voltaire and the Age of Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, what will you, and still there are billions who believe that bunch of backward, meaningless, deadly boring and annoying, fallacy laden texts written by MEN who didn't even know the earth was round, are words of god the assumed creator of this endless universe, beats the High Definition 16 million shades of shit out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
                  Muslims are good but Islam isn't. Religion is bad. It has nothing whatsoever to do with god (regardless it/she/he exists or not) nor has it anything to do with morality. Religion is a product of ignorance and superstition. I wish I lived in an era where religion had been flushed down the drain a long time ago...

That five or six centuries have passed since the Renaissance, a couple less from Voltaire and the Age of Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, what will you, and still there are billions who believe that bunch of backward, meaningless, deadly boring and annoying, fallacy laden texts written by MEN who didn't even know the earth was round, are words of god the assumed creator of this endless universe, beats the High Definition 16 million shades of shit out of me.
                  I thought the ancient Greeks knew the earth was round and could calculate it's diameter....
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post

I have been thinking and saying that for many years. It is good to see other Armenians who care about the Armenian people and country yet are not blinded by religion.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      I have been thinking and saying that for many years. It is good to see other Armenians who care about the Armenian people and country yet are not blinded by religion.
                      Christian religion doesn’t make people blind. It opens eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X