Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
    Bro, I know you mean well and all that but I dont think you should be posting pictures of killed Armenian as a respect for the dead and their families.
    I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Etchmiadzin View Post
      I agree
      Although I understand what you are saying, I disagree.
      I think the world needs to see what is happening to the innocents & and the people who are simply defending their family friends & selves.
      By fed pointing out that this man, an Armenian descendent of the genocide, & an Armenian Christian had this (graphic) done because he refused a warped zealots insane demand to convert to islam, is exactly what should be put in front of the world to see.
      The world needs to see what these islamic freaks are ACTUALLY doing & need to see what USA, Britain, France, soody rabia have started and support & propagate.
      Oh, did I forget Israel.
      Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
        Bro, I know you mean well and all that but I dont think you should be posting pictures of killed Armenian as a respect for the dead and their families.
        I find the picture emotionally distressing and upsetting.
        I also understand the pain the family and loved ones must feel with such a picture being readily accessible.

The other side of the coin is, how would you feel if graphic records of the Armenian genocide were not available.
        Say if it was only described with text, however long or graphic the description.
        I do not think the message and the purpose of the exercise would have been conveyed so strongly.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

SYRIA ACTIVISTS FREED FROM JIHADIST DUNGEONS BREATHE NEW LIFE

Agence France Presse
          January 12, 2014 Sunday 6:48 AM GMT

BEIRUT, Jan 12 2014

Wide-eyed Seif said his family had lost hope of seeing him again after
          jihadists from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant snatched him
          from his media office in Idlib province.

The 22-year-old was repeatedly beaten by his captors, before being
          sentenced to death for his media activism and his parents had already
          been told he was dead.

But an offensive against the group, launched last week by other
          Islamist rebels outraged by ISIL's abuses, saved his life.

When Seif was reunited with his family and fiancee, he gained a fresh
          lease of life.

"My parents had been told by ISIL I had already been executed. They
          couldn't believe their eyes when they saw me," Seif from Idlib province
          told AFP via the Internet.

Seif thought he would never make it out of his jail after being tried
          and sentenced to death by one of the group's foreign members.

"I was never given a proper trial. The Tunisian (jihadist) judge just
          walked into the room and issued his sentence," Seif said

"He picked the harshest sentence because that's what he was in the
          mood for."

Seif was kidnapped by ISIL on November 28 and freed on January 6 when
          rebels stormed the jail in Dana in northwestern province of Idlib.

The attack was part of the week-long rebel offensive against ISIL
          in large swathes of northern Syria that has seen opposition fighters
          expel ISIL from some areas.

The group is holding hundreds of captives including rebels from rival
          groups, activists and journalists, among them Westerners.

Survivors like Seif say conditions in ISIL jails are "inhuman,
          far worse than those of the regime" of President Bashar al-Assad,
          where he was also held in 2011.

"Believe me, ISIL's jails are even more horrific. At least in Assad's
          prisons I got food to eat every night," said Seif, who was a student
          in Aleppo when he joined the anti-Assad revolt in 2011.

"I was given half a litre of water every two days, and only scraps
          of food to eat. Because they hate media activists, I was beaten and
          sworn at and accused of being a heretic," Seif said.

He also saw the jihadists executing other prisoners, including a
          15-year-old Kurdish boy who was accused of rape and belonging to the
          Kurdistan Workers Party, whose Syrian branch has been fighting ISIL
          for months.

"He denied the accusations and for five days they beat him. He
          eventually broke and 'confessed.' They immediately shot him."

Seif said ISIL was holding two Armenians who had tried to flee Syria
          after the jihadists attacked churches, especially in the northern
          province of Raqa.

"They showed the Armenians and me the heads of prisoners who had been
          executed, to terrorise us," said Seif.

"The torture was merciless. My forehead was bleeding from the beating
          for two days, and I got no treatment. I saw people in their 70s,
          who had been kidnapped for ransom," he added.

"They had many Kurds in their jails, whose release was costing their
          families hundreds of thousands of Syrian pounds," said Seif.

Rights groups have said that ISIL has kidnapped hundreds of Kurds in
          recent months in Aleppo province.

Narrow escape from mass execution

Milad Shehabi had been working as a citizen journalist for Shahba
          Press, a grassroots network, when jihadists stormed his Aleppo office
          in late December.

"They said I should learn how to speak about ISIL," Shehabi told AFP
          over the Internet.

Shehabi had been visiting neighbouring Turkey before he was captured
          by ISIL, but was determined to return to Syria even though he had
          received threats.

Unlike Seif, Shehabi was not put on trial. He did not even know he
          was being held by ISIL until several days after his capture.

"For 13 days, I was blindfolded and held in solitary confinement,"
          he said. "I couldn't see anything. I only heard sounds."

Shehabi was being held at a children's hospital in Aleppo used by
          ISIL as its heaquarters in the city.

This week rebels overran the base and freed dozens of captives,
          including Shehabi, hours after ISIL had reportedly executed at least
          nine prisoners "in cold blood".

"I heard the gunshots when they were executing people. There were so
          many bullets I thought there were clashes outside," said Shehabi.

Like Seif, Shehabi felt lucky to have escaped with his life.

"They asked me for 200,000 pounds ($1,300) ransom. I only had 15,000,"
          he said.

"I asked them whether I could inform my family of my whereabouts. They
          forbade even that."

Reporters Without Borders describes Syria as the world's most dangerous
          country to report on.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

As a side note if you're into Middle East politics, especially the Levant, Al-Akhbar is a great website to check out on a daily basis. They're also Armenian-friendly.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The Story of Two Armenians Arrested by ISIS

By: Suhaib Anjarini
            Published Thursday, January 16, 2014
            The story of Wanis and Minas Livonian, two Syrian-Armenians from the north Syrian city of Aleppo, seems almost out of this world. They were killed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), and its local Sharia committee forbade their family from burying them.

Aleppo resident Anis Livonian, known as Abu Minas, owned a small ice factory in the eastern Aleppo countryside’s Bab district. The factory was the entire fortune of this 69 year old. When ISIS reached the region four months ago, it took control of the factory.

No one can imagine what Wanis and his son Minas, 38, were thinking when they decided to risk their lives and head to the industrial city in Sheikh Najjar. Certainly, they didn’t imagine it would lead to their deaths.

The father visited the booty department at ISIS headquarters, seeking a deal with the emir, but ISIS arrested them at once when it discovered they were Armenians.

Wanis was married with two daughters and a son. Minas was married with three children, the oldest 11 years old. Their family tried to obtain information about their whereabouts but to no avail.
            Three months later, an ISIS religious judge came to the two men with a solution. A former prisoner of ISIS told Al-Akhbar, “Abu Issa told them: Convert to Islam and you will be safe." Naturally, they quickly agreed, declaring the shahada. Then, the two “Muslim Armenians” were sent back to their cell “temporarily."

Though Abu Issa had promised to release them, three days later Minas asked an “investigator” frequenting the prison about the reasons behind the delay. He answered, “The emir was not convinced by your Islam." Minas asked, “How was he not? We swore!” The investigator replied, “You, people of the book, your bible is distorted and your beliefs are void. You must have pretended that you converted to Islam to fool us."

According to the source, before the battles between ISIS and the armed opposition groups reached the prison, the two men were told, along with other prisoners, that they would appear before a judge. However, the judge was a gun, and the verdict was two bullets in the head.
            The tragedy didn’t end with their death. A family member told Al-Akhbar, “We found out about their death over the Internet. It was very sad."

The relatives sought to retrieve the bodies. “We wanted to hold a decent burial for them, is not that the minimum we can do?”

Finally, some volunteers at a civil society organization managed to locate the bodies being held by the Aleppo Sharia Committee, which refused to hand over the body. Reportedly, the committee said, “This is impossible. They declared their Islam. They are now martyrs and should be buried in a proper way, according to Sharia.”

Last edited by Federate; 01-16-2014, 11:20 AM.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

RIP
              I hope their families will get the help they need. We send them money but you never know how much of it will get to them. I hope these animals die a terrible death.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Syrian opposition leader caught raping his granddaughter

can anyone comment on the authenticity of this

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  Syrian opposition leader caught raping his granddaughter

can anyone comment on the authenticity of this
                  The old fuck's name is Mohammad Qassem Al Nasuh. He is a leader of an FSA (you know, the so-called "moderates") battalion called Ahbab Al Sahaba "The Lovers of the Prophet's Companions" and he's also the imam of a mosque in east Idlib. It's other rebels that catch him in the act. I heard he was executed on the spot, not sure what happened to the girl. In the video the old man is saying "it's the first time" and the girl confirms it's her own grandfather and that "he didn't mean it that way, he was having fun". Haven't seen anyone deny the authenticity of the video yet since even opposition supporters are sharing it as fact online.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    RIP
                    I hope their families will get the help they need. We send them money but you never know how much of it will get to them. I hope these animals die a terrible death.
                    calling them animals is an insult to animals.
                    They're not doing themselves any good by pissing off ppl like this, syrians wont tolerate this evil, they'll get theirs one day.

Comment

The old link seems to have been disabled.
                      Last edited by londontsi; 01-24-2014, 10:26 AM.
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X