Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

'We would have hung Öcalan,' Turkish PM says

The prime minster has angrily responded to claims that his ruling party is negotiating with the main pro-Kurdish party over the release of imprisoned terrorist Abdullah Öcalan. If they had been in power when the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK, chief was captured in 1999, he said, Öcalan would have been hung, or they would have quit the coalition government.

“These slanders are being made by MHP [Nationalist Movement Party] leader Devlet Bahçeli,” Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Thursday in an interview with Kral FM, referring to the negotiations claims.

“I replied to his assertions the other day. I say it again, I give this promise once again,” Erdoğan said, vowing to keep Öcalan locked up on İmralı Island where he is serving a life sentence.

Öcalan was arrested in Kenya in 1999 by American intelligence and was handed to Turkey on the condition that he not be hanged. Turkey abolished the death penalty in 2002, but the MHP, which was part of the coalition government at that time, voted against the move in Parliament.

Erdoğan claimed the three-party coalition signed a decree in early 2002 to postpone the execution of Öcalan and accused Bahçeli of being part of this effort. “If you had not postponed it that time, we would no longer have such an issue on the country’s agenda,” the prime minister said.

Questioned further on the issue, Erdoğan said if he had been in the government at that time, he would have pushed for Öcalan’s execution and would have withdrawn from the coalition government if his partners could not be convinced to carry out the order.

Under the current conditions, Erdoğan made it clear the AKP would not allow a change in Öcalan’s status. “As long as Tayyip is alive and his party continues ruling the country, I won’t allow this to happen,” he said.

The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the United States and the European Union.

Comment

Guys, we shouldn't give this kurd the dignity by arguing with him. He's just spewing anti-Armenian BS - probably spoonfed by Turks.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I see the big mouth Koordman is still at it.......I predict your membership to end in near future. Enjoy your stay while you can.

Southern Kurdistan? what a joke. I used to support a Kurdish state in Iraq but not since I have come across Kurds like you, I know you are not the only fool who thinks like that.
        I mean for fcks sake even PKK has given up on an independent state and all its asking is for equal rights in Turkey. You disgrace your people.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
          Just becuase you claim it's biased without even reading it, doesn't make it biased.

I've discussed this enough with the brick wall, I'm done, we have our plans and we will counter your efforts, don't you worry.
          Yes, until the Americans and israelis pull their support. Then you'll get screwed...again!
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

You think you can threaten me with ending my membership? this is a xxxxty forum anyway and I will leave myself. I hope we never have ties with a racist state such as yours.
            Last edited by kurdman; 06-10-2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

You think you can threaten me with ending my membership? this is a xxxxty forum anyway and I will leave myself. I hope we never have ties with a racist state such as yours.
              Haha, poor you

Comment

All our minorities are happy, including Turkmen....
                Because those that weren't happy have either died violently or have emigrated.

Is "Happy is he who can say he is a Kurd" to be the new motto of Kurdistan?
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  I see the big mouth Koordman is still at it.......I predict your membership to end in near future.
                  I think it is time that members who "invite" other members to leave, for whatever reason, becomes a forum rule infringement that results in an immediate ban.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Syriac personalities including the Beshar Mati Warda, archbishop of Chaldean Diocese of Erbil.

“we are very pleased to see this museum open in Erbil where our history is being preserved” said Warda, “It is regrettable tat the Iraqi government has not taken such a brave step, thus denying our history which is a form of terror”

“We do not need the construction of churches, but schools where our history is studied so that the Iraqi people know how much we have served this country” he added.

The museum shows 2000 artifacts that include clothes, agricultural tools, home equipments, Syriac writings, journalism, music instruments, and all the heritage that date back to some 50 to 250 years collected from around Iraqi cities and towns, said Saadi Malih, director of Syriac Culture in the KRG Ministry of Culture and Youth.
                    I wonder if that history will be allowed to include the numerous massacres of Syriac Christians committed by Kurds in the 19th and 20th century. Until the American invasion, I'm not aware of the ordinary Iraqi Arab population having massacred any Christians.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      I think it is time that members who "invite" other members to leave, for whatever reason, becomes a forum rule infringement that results in an immediate ban.
                      he's just predicting that he will be banned because of all the insults that he is throwing around.

Comment

Working...
                      X