Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Regional geopolitics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional geopolitics

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    A: the Albanians managed to create a small empire, out of the blue, thanks to the US, grabbing Kossovo and most of Macedonia. I think you will hardly find an Albanian regretting Yougoslavia...

So does ISIS and all the various terrorist groups that have become main players thanks to US help in destroying legitimate countries and creating big vacuums.
    So do all the extremists who massacre minorities indiscriminately, cutting even the heads of 10-12 year olds.
    So does the religious fundamentalism and so do the zionists when bombing palestinian schools and hospitals.
    So will the coming islamic state that is going to stretch from arabian peninsula to north caucasus.
    Us and allies have brought the world into a chaos.
    Is this a russian propaganda or truth? Did it or does it have any consequence on us?(Syria). Or blame everything on Putin and russia? Is all this in "OUR INTEREST"?
    I wanna know, how?

You will hardly find any extremist, terrorist, racist or zionist complaining about US policies.

[/COLOR]
    1/ Once again, you are on moral grounds.
    Morality has, however unfortunately, no place in geopolitics.

2/ Sticking to your biased vision, you consider myself being the lawyer of the US policy??
    You should, once again, consider that bias.

That said, given our worldwide dispersal, OUR NATIONAL interests do include the interests of ARMENIA (itself composed, however sadly of at least 4 different entities), and the Diaspora with dozens of communities, with various problems, and specific risks.

The US policy is a calamity for our Middle Eastern communities, moral grounds put aside.
    It is OUR NATIONAL duty to think, predict, and lessen the consquences of that policy on our communities.

Nevertheless, that same policy, with its cataclysmic consequences on our communities, creates major opportunities for ARMENIA, by redrawing the boundaries of the whole Middle East, and specially by creating one, or several Kurdistans.
    It is our ability to play, and claim our share of the new opportunities , that will make most of the difference.
    That in itself supposes decision making capacity, not only independent of Russia, but more so of the US, EU and Iran.....

So no matter if it is good or not, we like it or not (moral or not....), the US policy is there, and not all is bad for us.

It would have been perfect, if ALL WAS to be GOOD, but no matter our wish, it is what it is.
    We have to act according our interests, and not like or not like a superpower, against a n other regional power....

Comment

Sometimes posts can be taken the wrong way because it is not a face to face talk and no emotions, tone of voice, or body language can be seen.

----------------

As I once said, I am `full of love ONLY` towards my people, and NO OTHER.
      I feel no obligation, nor bounds, to ANY other nations interests.
      This!
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Six months back, Ukraine had a lawfully elected president that wanted to bring the country closer to europe while keeping it's lifeline with russia. Keep the eastern industrial strength that is tied to russia but wile protecting from global destructive competition, make Ukraine an industrial powerhouse that is a connecting link between east and west and benefits equally from both markets. That president rejected Europe's ultimatum of "either sign or else", seeing what the future would be and was deposed in a western sponsored putsch. How would you call this meddling of foreign powers in a countries' internal affairs "INDEPENDENCE" I don't know. This destruction of eastern industrial cities and civyl war an Ukrainian interest?
        It is not very important that you advocate for us to sever ties with russia. But it is very alarming that you think what is happening now in Ukraine and elsewhere as "INDEPENDENCE" and are trying to package it for our consumption.
        Somebody that calls others slave minded has to see his own enslaved blindness to whats happening.
        How can you equate Ukraine, that multicultural hub to the interests of western uniat ukrainian nationalism with democracy, I don't know. Maybe you should ask yourself then explain for us to understand.
        What troubles me is the fact that you speak approvingly of a racist movement that in second world war killed over 22000 Armenians in Lvov area( I am not counting many tens of thousands of our soldiers killed in cleaning Ukraine in ww2 of that filth). You say that nationalists have created a huge and monolithic state. So you justify ethnic cleansing of russians in Donbass.
        This is from somebody that is a member of a nation that saw a genocide... So all your talk about democracy, justice etc.. has been an empty propaganda...
        So much for russian haters and russian slaves...
        Am I spreading russian propaganda now?

Don't trust me. Read, watch and think... Don't lie. "The truth shall set you free
        "

Once again, your post is full of morality.
        When did I speak of morality??
        When did I speak of democracy??

It is a pity you mix all, and try to play fool.

On your point A, I had no sympathy towards Albanians, nevertheless, I had to admit, that from an Albanian point of view, the US policy was an Allah blessed gift.
        Facts are facts.

I have no special sympathy towards Kurds, but I have to admit, that the US policy was an other Allah blessed gift for them.

Same comes to Ukraina.
        Your description and moral approach STINKS russian perspective.
        But once again, I am not Russian, nor have any allegiance towards russian interests. At least not more than they did have towards our plight, most of the time, due to their actions....
        For me, neither side is specially sympatetic.
        If I had to have a bias, it would be for the russian nationalists of the Donbass, given the similarity of their actions to ours, this if I had to be on a moral ground.
        But yet again, on a purely moral ground, russians do deserve the taste of the cake, they served us in 1988-92.....

Now coming on the facts.
        If a Ukraina has to exist, it won`t be thanks to the russians or russoids/pro-russian/proto-russian..... of the Donbass.
        It will, because there is a main pole in that state (You sea, I do not call them Nation, since the limits of that entity is not yet clear), does hate the Russian rule/yoke, for various reasons. (History, religion, self pride,.....).
        That Independence minded (you would call anti russian) mass, was a minority, controlling less than half of the country 6 months back.
        Effectively, they are winning, and achieving their century old dream, of an independent Ukraina.
        That`s a fact.
        Now the rest, is a question of perspective.
        Of course, from a russian point of view, it is awful.
        Just as it was awful, from a same russian point of view, the departure of the other slavic entities, Poland, Tchekhia, Slovakia, Bulgaria.....
        Effectively, from a Russian point of view, those nations are not supposed to be happy, they are under the rule of the West.
        Go and ask the Poles if they do regret russian Yoke under Jaruzelsky ????

Once again, all is a question of perspective.

From an Armenian perspective, what I will retain from this very complex, and dangerous situation in Ukraina:
        - Is the factual, at least till now, defeat of Russia, with the good and bad consequences for us.
        - The seeming ease in their betrayal TOWARDS THEIR OWN. That in itself gives us all the idea of the value of their signature.....
        - The appearance of a third power in the Black Sea Basin, with all the consequences , some factual, other potential, on the old tandem Turkey/Russia...
        - The Maidan factor, even if is already forgotten, diluting the risk of the neo-CCCP......
        - The good point of the Khrim transfer to Russia, creating potential conflict of interests in the russo/turkish would be honeymoon, and disarming the turkish arsenal of some potentially sharp arguments..., but yet again this same transfer hurts greatly the likelyhoud of iranian gas transit via our territory.
        - The bad consequences of the accute antagonism West/Russia, us being in the sinking ship....

Comment

"On your point A, I had no sympathy towards Albanians, nevertheless, I had to admit, that from an Albanian point of view, the US policy was an Allah blessed gift.
          Facts are facts.

I have no special sympathy towards Kurds, but I have to admit, that the US policy was an other Allah blessed gift for them."

Yes there is a trend here indeed! And if we listen to the likes of you US policy will give yet another Allah blessing to the Turk in the form of Armenia. Because of such policies there are not going to be any chrystians left in the middle east soon. You are implying that the same policy will somehow be good for Armenia as if we were not surrounded by enough muslims already. If you want to be devoid of morality that is your right but do not tell us what to do! Count all the gifts USA policy has given to our enemies then ask why the hell should we expect anything different now or in the near future? Nothing you say makes any sense because you are fixated on one event and even there just your version of that event and you will base all of your decisions on that one event taking history and context and throwing them in the trash. There is only one reason why an Armenia exists today and it has nothing to do with USA.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            "On your point A, I had no sympathy towards Albanians, nevertheless, I had to admit, that from an Albanian point of view, the US policy was an Allah blessed gift.
            Facts are facts.

I have no special sympathy towards Kurds, but I have to admit, that the US policy was an other Allah blessed gift for them."

Yes there is a trend here indeed! And if we listen to the likes of you US policy will give yet another Allah blessing to the Turk in the form of Armenia. Because of such policies there are not going to be any chrystians left in the middle east soon. You are implying that the same policy will somehow be good for Armenia as if we were not surrounded by enough muslims already. If you want to be devoid of morality that is your right but do not tell us what to do! Count all the gifts USA policy has given to our enemies then ask why the hell should we expect anything different now or in the near future? Nothing you say makes any sense because you are fixated on one event and even there just your version of that event and you will base all of your decisions on that one event taking history and context and throwing them in the trash. There is only one reason why an Armenia exists today and it has nothing to do with USA.
            MELS JAAAN,
            Pari yeghi, khelked tchgdrads hartzeri massin im hed mi khossi.
            Kani ankam bidi assem, kordz tchuness, kna ko panin.

Comment

Vrej
              Stop playing your philosophy games.
              When some people say , yes russia has been bad, but bring example of why we need russian military assistence in strengthening our army, you bring that same moral issues about past conduct of russia. If moral issues do not matter, then don't bring something from past and analize morally.
              You call the issues that I talk about as russian, prorussian or russophile right and left. Since when simple international moral standards and platforms have become russian in this world? Is that how you try to communicate? by branding and labeling first and then skipping the issue all together by lengthy speaches?
              Bottom line. Lragir is a US financed publication. There is nothing you can say to justify your postings of them other then propaganda. You talk big about loving only Armenia (like we don't). but be kind enough to prove once at least that those famous lragir sensations are true or justified.
              I am not talking of when Lragir discusses some event that other publications do too. I am talking about the ones that stink of paid and outright false propaganda. I am not going to go to them one by one. You know which ones I mean. Lragir is and likes usually use country's issues like a boxer uses left jab, one two three and then put their propaganda xxxx like a right hand hit and publicise otter propaganda sensation and BS.
              You Ask about which publication should an Armenian nationalist publish if his ideas happen to be antirussian, as Lragir is one antirussian despite being financed by west?
              I am telling you, NOT LRAGIR. Because LRAGIR IS NOT NATIONALIST PUBLICATION. It is a simple foreign sponsored saboteur. thats all.
              No serios nationalist would consider lragir a venue. Neither Mouradian, Badalian or Hayrumian are nationalists. Those would be the last ones in my mind having anything with our nationality. They are simple western neocon globalist servants.
              Neither you are a more nationalist than any of us. So stop this BS about russophilia OK? And your calling of people and nation to think of our own and behaving in our national interests, without any proeast or prowest bias, sometimes sounds a very hollow empty talk in lew of your constant and uneasing russophobia. That is indeed prowest.
              I am not the one going back and digging anything antirussian that I can get in my hands at times of political events and posting them.
              while most of the stuff you post about russia are from the past, what I post about west is about now.
              If you really want us to have realistic discussions about Armenia's future than talk about present. what is happening now. We cannot build a nation by what happened even 5 years ago. We have to do it by what's happening now.
              Whatever rusia has done bad in past is a historical truth, yess. But whatever west is doing bad now is not only moral issue. It is as current and relevant the same as the rules that apply to russia. If one criticises west for those policies is russophile then you are westophile by criticising russia. But there is a balance of tought and messeges among us that are generated because of necesity in our national desires and hopes. Nobody can justify any prowest or proeast pro or anti propaganda in national interests. Never any foreign generated or financed ideology can become true nationalistic. Be it from US or Russia. It will fail just like communism or imperialism or any foreign serving ideology.
              From US to Europe, any criticism to thier policies is branded as russian propaganda. Just like in soviet times any criticism was branded as capitalist propaganda.
              Do not try to play the same "russian propaganda" stuff here whenever there is a criticism of West and western Lragir stooge and their followers.
              Last edited by Hakob; 08-21-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Vrej
                Stop playing your philosophy games.
                When some people say , yes russia has been bad, but bring example of why we need russian military assistence in strengthening our army, you bring that same moral issues about past conduct of russia. If moral issues do not matter, then don't bring something from past and analize morally.
                You call the issues that I talk about as russian, prorussian or russophile right and left. Since when simple international moral standards and platforms have become russian in this world? Is that how you try to communicate? by branding and labeling first and then skipping the issue all together by lengthy speaches?
                Bottom line. Lragir is a US financed publication. There is nothing you can say to justify your postings of them other then propaganda. You talk big about loving only Armenia (like we don't). but be kind enough to prove once at least that those famous lragir sensations are true or justified.
                I am not talking of when Lragir discusses some event that other publications do too. I am talking about the ones that stink of paid and outright false propaganda. I am not going to go to them one by one. You know which ones I mean. Lragir is and likes usually use country's issues like a boxer uses left jab, one two three and then put their propaganda xxxx like a right hand hit and publicise otter propaganda sensation and BS.
                You Ask about which publication should an Armenian nationalist publish if his ideas happen to be antirussian, as Lragir is one antirussian despite being financed by west?
                I am telling you, NOT LRAGIR. Because LRAGIR IS NOT NATIONALIST PUBLICATION. It is a simple foreign sponsored saboteur. thats all.
                No serios nationalist would consider lragir a venue. Neither Mouradian, Badalian or Hayrumian are nationalists. Those would be the last ones in my mind having anything with our nationality. They are simple western neocon globalist servants.
                Neither you are a more nationalist than any of us. So stop this BS about russophilia OK? And your calling of people and nation to think of our own and behaving in our national interests, without any proeast or prowest bias, sometimes sounds a very hollow empty talk in lew of your constant and uneasing russophobia. That is indeed prowest.
                I am not the one going back and digging anything antirussian that I can get in my hands at times of political events and posting them.
                while most of the stuff you post about russia are from the past, what I post about west is about now.
                If you really want us to have realistic discussions about Armenia's future than talk about present. what is happening now. We cannot build a nation by what happened even 5 years ago. We have to do it by what's happening now.
                Whatever rusia has done bad in past is a historical truth, yess. But whatever west is doing bad now is not only moral issue. It is as current and relevant the same as the rules that apply to russia. If one criticises west for those policies is russophile then you are westophile by criticising russia. But there is a balance of tought and messeges among us that are generated because of necesity in our national desires and hopes. Nobody can justify any prowest or proeast pro or anti propaganda in national interests. Never any foreign generated or financed ideology can become true nationalistic. Be it from US or Russia. It will fail just like communism or imperialism or any foreign serving ideology.
                From US to Europe, any criticism to thier policies is branded as russian propaganda. Just like in soviet times any criticism was branded as capitalist propaganda.
                Do not try to play the same "russian propaganda" stuff here whenever there is a criticism of West and western Lragir stooge and their followers.
                My dear,
                Once again you play your dishonest game, of putting words in the mouth of others + avoid the content.

1/ I will not discuss "Lragir" sterile issue. It was already done.
                I you have anything to say about what I do post, on their content, 'pajalsta'.
                I will not repeat myself.
                If you have no time, I will guess you have no argument?
                Than I consider issue closed;

2/ What do you want me to prove, specify please.

3/ mentioning past russian behavior is not a moral issue. There is no moral matter, when it comes to the interests of a nation, and agressive or destructive policy against our interests. These same points are there, to dismiss the taboo imposed by Russia and its agents, fueling slave mentality, for the last hundred years at least.
                The taboo on those, is the best guaranty, to be served the same dish time and time again.
                The best way to avoid such a new catastrophy, is to face reality as it is.
                It will also make the Russians think twice before behaving like jerks, if they would realise, that the cost might be higher than what it was in the past.

4/ 1992 is not a past event. It is today.
                If you do not have such a short memory, when the facts contradict your beliefs, your intellectual honesty must be questioned.

5/ The arms race of Baku is not past. The arming of Baku by hundred of state of the art offensive weapons, with great delight is not past. It is today.

Comment

Vrej

The best proof of your bias is this, once again.
                  It is enough to dare calling a cat a cat, to be labelled russophobe.
                  This same point is the best proof of your blind russophilia.

When I criticise, I put facts, hard, sad, but hard facts.

Dismiss them, if you can.

And not call names.....;

Comment

Vrej

The propaganda game is played by you, labelling the contender, as the tool of western propaganda...

You still need to give me the contender, you consider as honest.

Without hard talk on this pint, I consider the subject closed.

Please be kind and honest, discuss the content.
                    If not, I will come to consider, that you are trying to impose censure, to keep the taboo going on.

Comment

Karabakh Ready to Welcome Yazidis
                      August 21, 2014

The breakaway territory of Nagorno Karabakh, always on the lookout for ways to boost its population, has offered to shelter Yazidis fleeing from Islamic-State terrorists in Iraq.

“The Armenian people cannot be indifferent to what is now being done to the Yazidi people,” David Babaian, spokesperson for Karabakh’s de-facto president, Bako Sahakian, commented to RFE/RL’s Armenian service on August 19. “The Yazidis are the only people who have become an integral part of the Armenian people.”

According to local news outlets, Armenia is estimated to have a Yazidi population of about 40,000. Data is not available for how many Yazidis live in Karabakh, a predominantly ethnic Armenian region claimed by Azerbaijan.

Babaian skirted discussions of how the region’s de-facto officials would provide for any Yazidi arrivals, however — a sensitive question, given Azerbaijan’s claims that Karabakh and its main champion, Armenia, want to rework the territory’s ethnic makeup.

Armenia’s foreign ministry told RFE/RL that no Yazidis from Iraq have requested asylum or fled to Armenia as yet.

Rallies, though, were held on August 13 in Yerevan, the Armenian capital, to show support for Iraq’s Yazidis, and in neighboring Georgia, which has been estimated to have a Yazidi community of about 20,000.

Citing local Yazidi sources, Rudaw.net, a Kurdish news site, reported on August 15 that a handful of Yazidi refugees from Iraq actually already had arrived in Georgia. But the information could not be independently verified.

The Yazidis, though, are not the only way the conflict in Syria and Iraq has found an echo in the South Caucasus. Karabakh and Armenia both have offered a welcome to ethnic Armenian refugees from Syria; a transition, which, in Armenia’s case, has not always gone particularly smoothly. Some refugees have opted to move on.

Meanwhile, even as it welcomes victims of the bloodshed in Syria and Iraq, the region has provided perpetrators for the conflict as well. In Georgia, one remote mountain valley is the native home of dreaded IS commander Omar al-Shishani. Meanwhile, in Azerbaijan, some young men have headed off to join the call for jihad in Syria.

For now, though, greater concern appears to be focused on Russia's North Caucasus, long a prooving-ground for Islamic militants.

Comment

Working...
                      X