Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Officer Axed By Azeri Colleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I disagree with Lenin on virtually everything.

The quote is true, it is only obvious, and it doesn't take a Lenin to come up with that quote to see what people want.

It is interesting to note that in my historical materialism class, our professor is covering the transition from feudalism to capitalism, and if left to people, they would not want to change given the social property relations.

As a result he concludes, just like Ludwig von Mises, that history is a result of unintended consequences.

The nation-state is an artificial entity. The people and culture are real, but the nation-state itself is a very recent creation. It is because of the nation-state, that boundaries started to matter, and the illusion of the boundary lines would ignite wars, not just in Armenia, but in the whole world.

Nation-states imply fixed and unchanging boundaries, whereas the past is nothing but changing boundaries.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

could you stop with the communist bull please. You probably cant comprehend this shahumyan but some people actually care about more than just Peace bread and land. people actually have loyalty and pride for their nation and they dont want to live in a common state with turks. stop tarnishing a thread about this guy with the communist crap. This is a thread for some nationalism. Show some will and resolve and some pride for our nation rather than sounding like a broken record with your anti-ruling class bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahumyan As a marxist, this simply gives more evidence to how anal this war is (it is technically still a war is it not?).

This Armenian Officer, who is he fighting for?
        -He is fighting for the Armenian Ruling Class, and not in the interests of the working class. Surely the interests of teh workers lies in Peace, Bread, and Land, and this officer is fighting for NONE of them.
        -The same is true of the Azeri officer, who is fighting for the Azeri ruling class, not for Azeri workers

Where was this officer?
        -At a NATO organised meeting in Hungary, since Armenia fought and spilt blood for independance, why is it being dictated to by NATO, a tool of US imperialism?

What should have been the solution to Kharabagh?
        -Give everyone man, woman and child in Kharabagh a rifle, and let the people defend their own land. a) Azeri army could not come 1 inch inside Kharabagh b) workers would have most democratic power.

looking forward to replies
        Wow.....nice way to honour a man who would probably be in the trenches had war broken out tomorrow against Azerbaidjan, while we would be sitting here talking about how our army is just a toy of the elite.

And how fair do you think it is for you to say that all Artsakh children should have a rifle in their hand? Why? So they could be scarred for life? Actually, EVERY citizen of Artsakh did participate in one way or another during the war, but suggesting that an army of 8 year olds with hunting rifles would be sent to fight off azeri tanks.....you're flying off to fantasy land there.

Or should all Artzakh citizens staged a symbolic protest against war by offering flowers to the azeri army, and told them to let go of their rifles, as they are only fighting for the ruling class, and not the workers, and that workers all over the world love each other? That would've been a dandy little scene, wouldn't it?

I will NEVER agree with you on this.

Comment

Well, no question about it, even I'd be on Armenia's side if there was war.

It's precisely because Armenians never stood united that they are where they are today. You can trace this historically. The Bulgars fought and got their independence, the Serbs ditto, the Greeks ditto, but only Armenians were stupid enough to create factions in themselves such as Hnchaks, Dashnaks, this, that, and other marginal fringe groups. Not only was it bad back then, but even AFTER the Great War these same people continue engaging in stupidity. Georgia unites and Allies with Germany, gets its independence, Azerbaijan gets independence and faithfully waits for the Turks to come connect with them all the way to the Caspian, and these stupid silly Armenians are engaging in ideological factions.

It's only our fault and no one elses.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse Well, no question about it, even I'd be on Armenia's side if there was war.

It's precisely because Armenians never stood united that they are where they are today. You can trace this historically. The Bulgars fought and got their independence, the Serbs ditto, the Greeks ditto, but only Armenians were stupid enough to create factions in themselves such as Hnchaks, Dashnaks, this, that, and other marginal fringe groups. Not only was it bad back then, but even AFTER the Great War these same people continue engaging in stupidity. Georgia unites and Allies with Germany, gets its independence, Azerbaijan gets independence and faithfully waits for the Turks to come connect with them all the way to the Caspian, and these stupid silly Armenians are engaging in ideological factions.

It's only our fault and no one elses.
            Well, you know me. I've always been against these factions who seem to have other priorities.

My motto is Charents's "Ov Hye joghovoort, ko miag prgootyoon ko havakagan ooji mech e".

And this is a case where we precisely go against it. The Armenian Army is the ONLY force we have that will readily defend our land and our lives. Not the international communist association, not the USA, not the EU...And here we are saying that these guys are evil and azeri workers want to dance the chacha with us if we just gave them a chance...

Comment

The Hnchaks, the Bolsheviks, the Dashnaks have all done their fair share of disloyalty and betrayal.

My hatred for politics only begins here.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Enger Tigran,
                If you believe communism is wrong, then you should (if you can) smash my argument with statements, explainations and examples, not simple slogan that i should shut up.
                As for nationalism, the diaspora is much more nationalist, as its so out of touch of the needs of the Armenian people. As a broke person in Armenia whether he wants "independence" or food on his table, and as ive said before, Armenia is about as Independant as it was under Czarist Russia

Danz,
                This officer is the same officer who bully's soldiers to pay him money in bribes, and if they dont they get 3 hard boys from each unit to give them a rough time. The result? a hellish 2 years being conscripted and being focred to collect bribes when your allowed time on the streets. You want me to defend this son of a bittch who STEALS off "his own people". If only they were his people.

As for flowers, i never suggested giving flowers to the Azeri army, i dont even know why you bought that up. By child i meant teenagers, and im sorry, but when your family get shot up i dont think your gonna be too bothered to carry a rifle and shoot some soldiers, whats the alternative? go back into your luxorious home and play the PS2 on your 40inch screen???

"My motto is Charents's "Ov Hye joghovoort, ko miag prgootyoon ko havakagan ooji mech e".
                -Well Charents was possibly the biggest ARmenian communist poet of his time, and thats why Stalin shot him.

"And this is a case where we precisely go against it. The Armenian Army is the ONLY force we have that will readily defend our land and our lives. Not the international communist association, not the USA, not the EU...And here we are saying that these guys are evil and azeri workers want to dance the chacha with us if we just gave them a chance..."
                -Bullshhit, The force we have in Armenia to defend Armenia is the people themselves, not the soldiers.
                -As for Azeri dancing the cha cha, no not quite, but as class consiousness raises in both countries, and they see how anal this war was with 30,000 losses,then we shall see. The Azeri Ruling class is stirring up nationalist hatred against Armenian people, what is the solution? to stir nationalism up in Armenia and fight? or unite both working classes and smash both ruling classes?

Anon,
                The slogan itself was simply that, a slogan for agitation, and im sure someone of your intelligence will know that this wasnt the end all of everything.

Comment

Arm every Armenian citizen and you have yourself an entire country of arms.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Arm the people, the people have the power, power to the people, not the shun avazag politicians who will fucck us over everytime

Comment

Alright....my dream for Armenia is that the kids will have a chance to go to school, the parents will have a chance to go to work, and they can spend their evenings and weekends together, having fun, like a family....not training for an attack by the azeris. And you still don't say who would provide the tanks and planes and choppers that we would most definitely need...

You know, I want Armenia to develop and prosper, not become the only playing field in the world for some marxist fantasies. Sure our army isn't flawless...but crime rates in the army HAVE been going down. Our job is to make it clean and efficient, so cases of bribery and beatings won't take place. But not caring about one of our own men who just got brutally hacked by an azeri soldier baffles me...

When the USSR was taking shape, Armenia had devoted communists like Shahumyan yevayln who (it seems) really did believe about this whole brotherhood of the workers, while Azerbaidjan's most outstanding communist was Narimanov, who was clearly anti-Armenian. And throughout USSR's history, even with all that brotherhood bull, Azerbaidjan was still clearly anti-Armenian. And idealist Armenians (or in this case, traitors) like Boris Kevorkov actually joined their side.

Give that dream up! Azerbaidjan has always been more attached to the idea of Pan-Turkism than to anything else. They don't like us, and never have. That doesn't mean that we should start a war with them, only that we shouldn't even THINK about forming some sort of happy wonderland of a country where we'll all live happy together.

Comment

Working...
                      X