Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Azeris in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeris in Iran

What is your opinion regarding the Azerbaijani-Turk population of Iran? Unofficial sources say that over 50% of Iran is Azeri. Most of them live right on the border with Armenia and the Republic of Azerbaijan in the region know as Iranian Azerbaijan. In case of US attack on Iran, Azerbaijan may attack, Turkey may attack, and with an internal Azerbaijani rebellion, the whole region might fall into Turkish hands and Armenia will be surrounded by a sea of Turks. I don't think that the USA wants the Turks to be this power, but it sure as hell doesn't want Iran to be a nuclear power. How do you access possible outcomes should the US, god forbid, attack Iran? What will be the consequences for Armenia? How should the Armenians play their cards?
    Անտարբեր Մի Եղիր Հայ Ազգի Համար, Վերկաց Գերեզմանից ԱՆԴՐԱՆԻԿ ՓԱ ՇԱ

any thoughts?anybody?

Comment

Azeris within Iran are Iranians - culturally and genetically.

Azeris within Azerbaijan are a mix of Tatars, Iranians and native Caucasians. Iranian Azeris do not consider the Azerbaijanis to their north their kin. There is not much similarity between Iranian Azeris and their neighbors to the north.

However, during the 90's the Turkish secret services did try to spread propaganda that the Iranian Azeris were ethnic Turks. Needless to say, it was an utter failure. As of today, there is no *Turkic* danger within Iran. Nonetheless, there is a small risk that a Turko-American propaganda might creat problems within the future. Therefore, this issue needs to be closely monitored.

The Islamic State of Iran is perhaps Armenia's most stable strategic partner within the region today. Historically, Iran has been an effective enemy of Turks, it remains so today. Moreover, today Iran is the only power within the region that can effectively oppose the anti-Armenian Zionist State of Israel and a *neoconservative* Washington.

Due to the peculiar geo-strategic conditions within Eurasia, I believe that this strong Armeno-Iranian relations, along with the Russian Federation, will last quite some time.

Its quite refreshing to see that you have dropped your *Dashnak* obsession.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Azeris for 24% of the total Iranian population of approximately 70 million. Persians for only 51% of the population of their own country.

The Azeris of Iran aren't like Azerbaijanis. Azerbaijan uses a modified version of latin but the Azeris of Iran use the arabic alphabet. I've heard that they do not hate Armenians as much as Azerbaijanis do. They probably have a different mentality. iAfter all, some Armenians live in the Azeri provinces of Iran.

I don't think any of these minorities will have a chance for independance. I'm sure they won't support the American invasion either. Just look at the Kurds. They supported America in exchange for Kurdistan, but the US would rather see Iraq united. I'm sure it will be the same in Iran, if the US succeeds, or course.

And if you look at this map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran#Demographics (apparently all these ethnic groups are ''culturally related'')
        It shows us that the Azerbaijani provinces of Iran are separated from Turkey by Kurdish inhabited region. If Turks turn back to their old pan-turanist racist ideologies, the Kurds, the Iranians, and WE won't remain silent.

btw some Turks say that Azeris are more related to Iranians, because Azeris are Shiite (like Persians) and Turks are Sunni.

Oh, and Sibel Edmonds is an Iranian Azeri.
        Last edited by Dave; 08-10-2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Azeris are ethnically Iranian but speak a turkic language. Iran is mindful of the Turkish influence and has part of its national agenda to 'Persify' the Azeris.

Comment

As for me.... I dont really care what the azeris of Iran genetically are but one thing that is for sure they dont consider themselves turks at all if you meet an azeri from Iran and call him a Turk he will be extremely offended ..they are 100% Iranian and Azerbajan is only the name of their province ..many Armenians also live in Azerbajan province and are not hated at all.. In my opinion the danger coming from Azerbajan province is as great as the danger coming from Mashad province which is extremely close to 0%

Comment

Iran Can Blow Up Azerbaijan From Within

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
                Red, decided to stay a little longer, did ya?
                Apres, enker communist!!! Lenin papin shat hpart a keznov.

Don't know much about what Iraninan Azeris are like? But isn't the church of Sourb Tadevos in Iranian Azerbaijan the one that was renovated just recently with the help of Iranian government.

I just pray US doesn't attack Iran. Because, Armenia would be faced with an impossible decision. If we support US, we'd loose any future support among Iranian people. If we don't support US (considering US would ask us for something), then we get even more marginalized in the US military and financial aid to Caucusus. So, let's hope and pray US doesn't act stupid.

Comment

Shnorhakalem enker jan.

Comment

First off, my question was hypotetical, "IF" the US attacks Iran. I am convinced that the US cannot, and will not attack Iran because it simply does not have the resources and man power. To do so would definately mean to reinstitute the draft.

Secondly, I do not compeletly share the view that Azeris in Iran are totally "persianized". After all, they are their own people and to state that they have no national consciousness whatsoever is totally naieve. Clashes between Armenians and Azeris within Iran over the past years attest to the fact that Anti-Armenian blood flows through the veins of the Azeris, be it the ones in Iran, Azerbaijan, or anywhere else-- You can take the Turk out of mongolia, but you can't take mongolia out of the Turk.
                    Last edited by Andranik; 08-11-2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X