Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Iran Developing an Azeri Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Iran Developing an Azeri Problem?

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    All Armenians should emphasize the following whenever bs such as the above comment by the fake "Persians".
    You have a more serious problem than that. There is no way to go back to "good old days" with Azeri regime in Tehran. You should be warned about the rise of Azeri Pan Turkism in Iran.
    Persians and Hollywood
    http://oslonor.blogspot.com

A Google Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Sattarkhan
      Oh, nobody ever answered my question: when was the last Armenian state. Did it have a King? Queen? Who was it? Would be nice to know, that's all.
      I'm guessing Cilicia?

Comment

I have Oghuz Turk ancestors? That would explain why everbody in Turkey thinks I'm Turkish!

I say Persian only because Persian is my mother tongue. I never spoke any Turkish except hearing Turkish from Turkish neighbours. (We also had Armenian neighbours in Iran, well actually just one, but never heard them speak Armenian).

I agree with you but I see in this a very good thing. Iran is a multi-ethnic state, but one where the sense of Iranian identity runs very deep. The Iranian state, not just nation but state, was founded in this form at least 500 years ago by Shah Ismail. No other country in the middle east is like this. Iran is the only country not created by policy makers drawing on maps and coming up with names in Paris, London, or Moscow.

The integration of Persian and Turkish (Azari) Iranians started in 1501 when Shah Ismail established the Safavi dynasty's rule. He in fact forced marriage between noble Persian and Turkish (Qizilbash) families. The result was an awesome empire that lasted until 1925.
        Actually you do not know Iran's history. Azeri Turk Saffavids were so scared of Persians that they could murder them, that they imported Georgians from Georgia and married them. As far as I know Persians do not marry any Azeri Turks. Saffavids actually ended up in 1722 with mass murder of Azeri Turks in Isfahan with the alliance of Persians and Afghans. That is how Saffavid dynasty ended.

Many Azeri Turks in Tehran claim they are "Persians". So there is a lot of inter-marriage over "ethnic lines" between Azeri Turks and other Azeri Turks who claim to be "Persians". On this forum, Azeri Turks from Iran could not even tell how a Persian look like!!!!!
        Persians and Hollywood

A Google Blog

Comment

This Artsakh M-artsakh makes no sense to Iranians.
          Artsakh is the ancient name of the land. Conquering empires can give them whatever their own names they want -- Armenians will fight for for their own. The muslims in S Caucasus are invaders. They forced themselves on Armenians. Persians, in general, do not talk with any amount warmness when it comes to turks. "Khanate" is a creation of savages from the east.

Comment

Originally posted by oslonor View Post
            I am glad that finally Armenians understood I am telling the truth about these Azeri Turks.

Guys, "Sattarkhan" is Oslonor. He does the same in various Persian sites, trying despererately to prove his "point" by imaginary dialogues with himself. Just ignore him.

Originally posted by Sattarkhan View Post
            (We also had Armenian neighbours in Iran, well actually just one, but never heard them speak Armenian).
            You bloody liar, oslonor.
            Last edited by Lucin; 04-08-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Well, actually the Russians did most of the fighting for you! And as long as Iran and Russia are allied in the way they are now (a marriage of convenience), then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
              Actually, Russians provided weapons -- and really not until 1993. Most of the fighting was done the local Armenian population. In fact, the entire population -- women, men well passed their prime, and teenagers included.

On the other hand, Azeris had major problems with desertion and morale inspite of their numerical superiority in both manpower and heavy weapons. They often abandoned weapons right in the field for Armenians to pick up. None of their behavior indicated that they had or felt any kind of attachment to the land.

Anyway, this conversation is useless. I know for a certain fact, there are plenty of circles within Iran that will be serious opposition to you.
              Last edited by skhara; 04-08-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

The only joke is you, azeri f***, I have spoken with many true Persians, and they would side with an Armenian over a turkic orc anyday.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                  Guys, "Sattarkhan" is Oslonor. He does the same in various Persian sites, trying despererately to prove his "point" by imaginary dialogues with himself. Just ignore him.

You bloody liar, oslonor.
                  Can't the moderators track his IP and ban the Turk?

Comment

Thanks for the link, but your last "empire" was in 1375, basically under Byzantine protection and in the Southern Mediterranean .... and you claim Qarabaq as yours????? What a joke?

First of all, Cilician Armenia was not under Byzantine protection, it actually gained its full independence by driving the Byzantine garrisons out of the region under the leadership of Ruben I. Also, for centuries the Byzantines wanted Armenians to convert to Greek orthodoxy before they sent any military support to them, and Armenians never caved into their demands, which is why Cilician Armenia finally fell to the Egyptian Mameluks (which was not their only enemy, mind you).

And smart guy, even after Cilician Armenia fell, Karabagh was an independent principality enjoying full autonomy until the 16th century. And even after it lost its autonomy to the Safavid Persians, they still rose in arms and successfully defeated the Persian garrison and the invading Ottomans on more than one occasion, but the most famous instance of this involved an Armenian prince from Karabagh named David Bek, who led the Armenian forces to a string of successful victories while being hopelessly outnumbered. And also, during these centuries, Armenian nationalist sentiments were strongest in the region of Karabagh, where another Armenian prince of Karabagh named Israel Ori travelled throughout Europe to gain European support of Armenia's independence from Safavid and Ottoman Empires (with the full knowledge of Armenian rulers and ecclesiastic elite of Safavid Armenia). He began his journey around 1680, travelling throughout Austria, Germany, Italian city-states, France (where he became an officer in their army in order to gain military knowledge for a future Armenian independence movement), and Russia (where he was also deeply involved in their political and military spheres), and where he finally died in the early 18th century at the Caspian port city of Astrakhan.

In the following centuries, Karabagh was an autonomous region within the Russian Empire.

And in case you have amnesia (or are just talking out of your ass, as I suspect), throughout the entirety of the Soviet Union, Karabagh was still an autonomous region with a clear Armenian majority, which answered directly to Moscow, not to Baku. Their seccession was also fully legal, as Soviet law drafted in the early 1990's states that any Soviet autonomous region can break away either from the Soviet Union itself, or from a republic which declares its independence from the Soviet Union (in this case, Azerbaijan).

And it seems your 'evaluation' of Persian attitude towards Armenians is just as misguided as your knowledge of Armenian history. Every Persian I have met not only has nothing but good things to say about Armenians, most of them have close friends that are Armenian.
                    Last edited by ArmSurvival; 04-08-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                      Can't the moderators track his IP and ban the Turk?
                      Very good idea. To Moderator: Could you please inform these people that Oslonor is not the same as SattarKhan. We are probably in entirely different continents.

Secondly Armenian on the Armenian Hyestan forum in Armenia has welcomed me very warmly. I do not understand the reason for your attitude here. The forum is in Russian.
                      Persians and Hollywood

A Google Blog

Comment

Working...
                      X