Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Liberation of Western Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Liberation of Western Armenia

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    Vladimir Jirinovski is j-e-w-i-s-h. Do not trust him.
    What the hell. The guy is just talking rhetoric, and you're taking it at face value, like it's real and it's gonna happen, "but we should beware because he's a jew."

He frickin made a statement in our favour, from Russia, designed to piss of Turks and let them know that Russia is willing to allow public tough talk against Turkey.

Can you see that?

Comment

Vladimir Jirinovski is j-e-w-i-s-h. Do not trust him.
      Zhirinovsky has been widely accused of anti-Semitism (for his part, he suggested that xxxs were often to blame for anti-Semitism[6]) for statements in which he accused xxxs of ruining Russia, sending Russian women to foreign countries as prostitutes, selling children and organs to the Western world, and provoking the Holocaust. He reportedly even praised Adolf Hitler's ideology of Nazism[16] and befriended Edwin Neuwirth, an Austrian industrialist and a "proud" former officer of the Waffen-SS who has denied that the Nazis used gas chambers to kill xxxs during World War II, leading some of the German media to denounce him as "Russia's Hitler".[7][14] Zhirinovsky has expressed admiration for the 1996 United States presidential election contender Pat Buchanan, referring positively to a comment in which Buchanan labeled the United States Congress "Israeli-occupied territory", and said that both countries were "under occupation" and that "to survive, we could set aside places on US and Russian territories to deport this small but troublesome tribe." Buchanan strongly rejected this endorsement, saying he would provide safe haven to persecuted minorities if Zhirinovsky were ever elected Russia's president, eliciting a harsh response by Zhirinovsky: "You soiled your pants as soon as you got my congratulations. Who are you afraid of? Zionists?"[17] Zhirinovsky repeatedly denied his father's xxxishness until he published Ivan Close Your Soul in July 2001, describing how his father, Volf Isaakovich Eidelshtein, changed his surname from Eidelshtein to Zhirinovsky. He rhetorically asked, "Why should I reject Russian blood, Russian culture, Russian land, and fall in love with the xxxish people only because of that single drop of blood that my father left in my mother's body?"
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I think it is great that for the first time in 95 years, a Western politician shows that he is interested in the liberation of our historic lands, regardless if it is to happen anytime soon or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
          I think it is great that for the first time in 95 years, a Western politician shows that he is interested in the liberation of our historic lands, regardless if it is to happen anytime soon or not.
          It's not the first time. Wilsonian Armenia was, after all, a plane that Woodrow Wilson wanted to implement.

Comment

Jirinovski was always pro-Armenian all the times...even when other politicians were denouncing us in russia he would always confront them.. thought you guys know him..

Comment

Federate, you and me both know that a lot of j-e-w-s pretending not to be j-e-w-s are anti-Semetic, it is just beneficial for them. They are in a lot of ''anti-Semetic'' organizations, even though they themselves are j-e-w-i-s-h.

I thought you guys knew this, but it is a common fact that Zhirinovsky changed his j-e-wi-s-h name and comes from a j-e-w-i-s-h family.

Russia's flamboyant ultra-nationalist, Vladimir Zhirinovsky - a notorious anti-Semite - has stopped denying that his father was a j-e-w.

"My father was a j-e-w, a Polish j-e-w," he says in a new book published this week.

"His name was Volf Isaakovich Eidelshtein."

Mr Zhirinovsky always denied, or glossed over, his father's j-e-w-ishness - even after a reporter found dug up documents in 1994 that showed his family name was Eidelshtein until he changed it at the age of 18.

Comment

this reminds of me the rumors about Hitler's xxxish roots... Oh, and what a coincidence, you can't trust him either!

Comment

These are not rumors, but facts. And why I do not trust him is because he is j-e-w-i-s-h, but also an anti-Semite... that's all too familiar for me

Comment

Whether one can trust Zhirinovsky or not, we have to agree that the comment he made can only be judged as pro-Armenian and it comes from our ally, Russia.

More talks about reparations of lost property in Western Armenia, this time in Turkey.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Ankara Conference Looks beyond Genocide, Debates Reparations

BY KHATCHIG MOURADIAN

ANKARA, Turkey (A.W.)—On April 24, as genocide commemoration events were being held one after another in different locations in Istanbul, a groundbreaking two-day conference on the Armenian Genocide began at the Princess Hotel in Ankara.

The conference, organized by the Ankara Freedom of Thought Initiative, was held under tight security measures. The hall where the conference was held was thoroughly searched in the mornings by policemen and security dogs, metal detectors were installed at the entrance of the hotel, and all members of the audience had to be cleared by the organizers before entering. Unlike the commemoration events in Istanbul, however, no counter-demonstrations were allowed to materialize.

The conference attracted around 200 attendees, mostly activists and intellectuals who support genocide recognition. Among the prominent names from Turkey at the conference were Ismail Besikci, Baskin Oran, Sevan Nishanian, Ragip Zarakolu, Temel Demirer and Sait Cetinoglu.

Besikci is the first in Turkey to write books about the Kurds “at a time when others did not even dare to use the ‘K’ word,” as one Turkish scholar put it. Besikci has spend years in Turkish prison for his writings. Oran is a professor of political science. He was one of the initiators of the apology campaign launched by Turkish intellectuals. Nishanian is a Turkish Armenian scholar who has authored several books and also writes for Agos. Zarakolu is a publisher who has been at the forefront of the struggle for Armenian Genocide recognition in Turkey with the books he has published over the years. Demirer is an author who has been prosecuted for his daring writings and speeches. Cetinoglu is a scholar and activist and one of the key organizers of the conference.

The foreign scholars and activists who were scheduled to speak were David Gaunt (genocide scholar, author of Massacres, Resistance, Protectors: Muslim-Christian Relations in Eastern Anatolia During World War I), Henry Theriault (professor of philosophy, Worcester State University), Khatchig Mouradian (doctoral student in Holocaust and genocide studies, Clark University; editor, the Armenian Weekly), Harry Parsekian (President of Friends of Hrant Dink in Boston), and Eilian Williams (writer and activist from Wales). They all (except for Gaunt) spoke on the panel dealing with “The Armenian Issue: What is to be done and how?” That panel, which proved to be the most controversial, also featured Nishanian, Zarakolu, and Demirer.

Reparations: Unjust or Indispensable?

The panel on what is to be done turned out into a debate on reparations for the Armenian Genocide with panelists Mouradian, Theriault, Nishanian, Demirer and Williams, as well as Oran and others from the audience pitching in.

Mouradian spoke about the importance of reframing the discourse in Turkey and dealing with the Armenian Genocide issue not only from the perspective of democracy and freedom of speech, but also that of justice. He dealt with the concepts of apology and restitution.

Theriault, in turn, said, “Turkey must return or compensate for all expropriated property. It should return land and other wealth, including Armenian Church properties, when that wealth has been preserved.” He noted that Turkey should also compensate for (1) all destroyed property and wealth that is otherwise no longer accessible, (2) the interest that can be calculated on the original material losses, (3) slave labor, (4) the pain and suffering of those who died and all who survived, (5) the loss of 1.5 million people in general and as specific family and community members, and (6) the loss of cultural, religious, and educational institutions and opportunities.

Nishanian categorically dismissed Theriault’s demands for reparations, considering them a dead-end, and noting that such an approach is unjust, unacceptable, and would open the door for further conflict. Demirer, in a brilliant intervention, provided a scathing response to Nishanian, arguing powerfully for reparations. Williams too spoke in support of reparations.

Armenian Property and historical context

The panel on Armenian “abandoned” properties also generated a lot of interest. It featured scholars and writers Asli Comu, Nevzat Onaran, Mehmet Palatel (whose MA dissertation is on the confiscation of Armenian property), and Cemil Ertem.

The panel on “Official ideological denial and extirpation from the Committee of Union and Progress to Kemalism” featured scholars Osman Ozarslan, Tuma Celik, as well as Cetinoglu and Besikci.

The panel on the Armenian genocide from a historical perspective featured Adil Okay, Nahir Sayin, and Oran. Gaunt was scheduled to speak on this panel but could not attend.

The representatives of the organizations supporting the conference spoke at the last session.

Significance of the Conference

It was the first time that a conference on the Armenian Genocide that did not host any genocide deniers was held in Ankara. Moreover, the conference did not simple deal with the historical aspect of 1915. For the first time in Turkey, a substancial part of the proceedings of a conference was dedicated to topics such as confiscated Armenian property, reparations, and the challenges of moving forward and confronting the past in Turkey.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

These are not rumors, but facts. And why I do not trust him is because he is j-e-w-i-s-h, but also an anti-Semite... that's all too familiar for me
                      That's a popular cover-up commonly used to hide identity.

He has at various times accused J3ws of:

* Bringing Russia to ruin
                      * Sending Russian women abroad as prostitutes
                      * Selling healthy children and transplant organs to the West
                      * Provoking the Holocaust
                      All those accusations sound about right... takes one to know one I guess.
                      Last edited by KanadaHye; 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X