Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are there Persians in Iran?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

    Originally posted by oslonor
    No. You are wrong. American people are not so dumb not to know what country is Persia.
    sure they are, but thats not even the issue at hand, i wont debate you on how smart or dumb americans are, but i can tell you that iranians of whatever ethnicity introduce themselves as iranians or persians interchangably

    Comment


    • #12
      Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

      Originally posted by Sean
      sure they are, but thats not even the issue at hand, i wont debate you on how smart or dumb americans are, but i can tell you that iranians of whatever ethnicity introduce themselves as iranians or persians interchangably
      The discussion on this thread is not about some Azeri Turks present themselves as Persians so Americans think they are not from Iran. (Americans are smarter than that). The discussion here is about that "Iranian" has no historical and ethnic significance. It is a modern creation. It tries to discuss the roots of Iranian nationalism. You should visit the link to understand that. It is entirely different from what you are discussing. Persians are an ethnic group different from other ethnic groups regardless what an Azeri Turk claim about he is Persian or not.
      Persians and Hollywood
      http://oslonor.blogspot.com

      A Google Blog

      Comment


      • #13
        Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

        Originally posted by oslonor
        The discussion on this thread is not about some Azeri Turks present themselves as Persians so Americans think they are not from Iran. (Americans are smarter than that). The discussion here is about that "Iranian" has no historical and ethnic significance. It is a modern creation. It tries to discuss the roots of Iranian nationalism. You should visit the link to understand that. It is entirely different from what you are discussing. Persians are an ethnic group different from other ethnic groups regardless what an Azeri Turk claim about he is Persian or not.
        yes, the word Persian is used by Iranians only to descibe themselves to foreigners, within Iran theres no such thing as a "Persian" ethnicity, noone calls themselves "Farsi" or "Parsi" but rather Irani, which is the standard term for the main people there. Azeris and Kurds and others are the ethnic minorities, which even within them they cannot be deamed a minority because they are identical and fully assimilated with Iran as a whole. So I dont know whose giving you ur facts but the different ethnicities in Iran arent some sort of Iraq-like different sects, or that Azeris only live in their province and Baluchis only live in theirs or so and so forth like u make it out to be, but its rather a melting pot where everyone lives with eachother and you can go ur whole life in any street in Iran without being asked of ur ethnicity or background.

        Comment


        • #14
          Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

          Originally posted by Sean
          yes, the word Persian is used by Iranians only to descibe themselves to foreigners, within Iran theres no such thing as a "Persian" ethnicity, noone calls themselves "Farsi" or "Parsi" but rather Irani, which is the standard term for the main people there. Azeris and Kurds and others are the ethnic minorities, which even within them they cannot be deamed a minority because they are identical and fully assimilated with Iran as a whole. So I dont know whose giving you ur facts but the different ethnicities in Iran arent some sort of Iraq-like different sects, or that Azeris only live in their province and Baluchis only live in theirs or so and so forth like u make it out to be, but its rather a melting pot where everyone lives with eachother and you can go ur whole life in any street in Iran without being asked of ur ethnicity or background.
          What you say is news to me and the people of Iran.
          No. There are different ethnic groups in Iran and they are not mixed up as you imagine. They live even in different provinces. Iran is not USA. You are mostly refering to Tehran with 8-10 million population. But Tehran is &70 Azeri Turk. So even Tehran is not a good example. In Iran ethnicity is defined by province or city. They do not say Persian, but city specifies the ethnicity.
          Here is Iran ethnic map:
          Last edited by oslonor; 08-25-2006, 11:06 PM.
          Persians and Hollywood
          http://oslonor.blogspot.com

          A Google Blog

          Comment


          • #15
            Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

            Originally posted by oslonor
            What you say is news to me and the people of Iran.
            No. There are different ethnic groups in Iran and they are not mixed up as you imagine. They live even in different provinces. Iran is not USA. You are mostly refering to Tehran with 8-10 million population. But Tehran is &70 Azeri Turk. So even Tehran is not a good example. In Iran ethnicity is defined by province or city. They do not say Persian, but city specifies the ethnicity.
            Here is Iran ethnic map:
            buddy, i've been to every city and town from bushehr to ardebil and from abadan to mashhad, and ethnic groups almost dont exist. u have the so called "persians" which are basically the Iranians and the so called other minorities which are just as Iranian. during the war in fact it was the kurds taht were going out and dying in the highest numbers. and taht map, yes ive seen it before and ive discussed it before, its very distorted and false, mazandarani is not even an ethnicity, its just a province. and who said 70% of Tehran is azeri? perhaps it never dawned on me taht there were so many Azeris if this is true because they and everyone else is soo assimilated, so if the Azeris are taht much woven into the fabric of society, and practically nothing but a slight turkish accent can distinguish them, then why are they even a minority? they're the same people that happen to also speak another language, just as theres people taht speak Arabic in ahvaz and abadan. so no, those people arent ethnic minorities, when i go to Iran what i consider a minority is the large number of Russians i see in Tehran, or the large number of black Africans that the Portuguese broiught over decades ago in the South. other than that, not so much anyone else.

            Comment


            • #16
              Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

              Originally posted by Sean
              buddy, i've been to every city and town from bushehr to ardebil and from abadan to mashhad, and ethnic groups almost dont exist. u have the so called "persians" which are basically the Iranians and the so called other minorities which are just as Iranian. during the war in fact it was the kurds taht were going out and dying in the highest numbers. and taht map, yes ive seen it before and ive discussed it before, its very distorted and false, mazandarani is not even an ethnicity, its just a province. and who said 70% of Tehran is azeri? perhaps it never dawned on me taht there were so many Azeris if this is true because they and everyone else is soo assimilated, so if the Azeris are taht much woven into the fabric of society, and practically nothing but a slight turkish accent can distinguish them, then why are they even a minority? they're the same people that happen to also speak another language, just as theres people taht speak Arabic in ahvaz and abadan. so no, those people arent ethnic minorities, when i go to Iran what i consider a minority is the large number of Russians i see in Tehran, or the large number of black Africans that the Portuguese broiught over decades ago in the South. other than that, not so much anyone else.
              This is what Mr. Ahamdinejad dreams and he is planning for Iran. But so far it is not the case. Tehran is the melting pot of Azeri Turks. All are Azeri Turks. Are you going to claim Russians are mixed with Azeri Turks just because some Russian workers work on some project are in Tehran.

              Even you say that Kurds did this or that. Kurds are not Azeri Turks. Yes. Azeri Turks are trying to use the Iranian label and say there are not ethnic groups in Iran and everybody is mixed up with Azeri Turks but that is not the case. This is mostly political propoganda to hold to political power.

              Some information on Azeri Turks:
              # No Azeris Turks in Afghanistan: There are no Azeri Turks in Afghanistan. This shows that Azeri Turks are not native to this region. All other natives of Iran are some way related to ethnic groups in Afghanistan.

              # Are Turks Mongols?: Azeris claim that Turks look like Mongols similar to Uzbeks. Azeris are "Caucasian" whatever that means. Therefore Azeris are not really turks. Actually some mongolian tribes have adopted the turkish language but in reality ethnically they are not turks. Mongols are Mongols and they are not Turks. The real turks are the Azeris. This is even clear in central asia. The Kazaks are the union of the Turk and Mongol tribes, who lived on the territory of the modern Kazakhstan approximately in the first century B.C., were the forebears of Kazakhs. This clearly shows that Mongols are not really turks.

              # Pan-Turkism and Russians: Actually the whole fraud and falsifications about the nature of Azeri Turks were invented in the Soviet Union in 1930's under Stalin. The reason is Soviet Union feared Pan-Turkism and invented a separate identity for each ethnic group who spoke Turkish in Caucaus and central asia. Azeris became "Iranian" and central asians became sogdians and baktrians. This propoganda was adopted by some Azeris in Iran such as Kasravi and promoted in Iran. All of the propoganda were lies. Azeris are Turks. Today Azeri Turk ruling elite is using this propoganda to present itself with the label of "Iranian" tribe and continue the plunder of resources from the natives of Iran.
              Persians and Hollywood
              http://oslonor.blogspot.com

              A Google Blog

              Comment


              • #17
                Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

                with all due respect to u oslo, i really hope u dont say any of this stuff in front of an Iranian, they'll just laugh at u

                Originally posted by oslonor
                This is what Mr. Ahamdinejad dreams and he is planning for Iran. But so far it is not the case. Tehran is the melting pot of Azeri Turks. All are Azeri Turks. Are you going to claim Russians are mixed with Azeri Turks just because some Russian workers work on some project are in Tehran.
                my brother was a civil enginerring professor at "elmo sanat" university in tehran where Ahmadinejad was too, ive encountered and talked with him numerous times.i never got a trace of anything Azeri from him or any of the things u speak of. The reason I mention Russians is cuz the last couple of years theres been a migration of Russians to Tehran and because u can easily single them out and they are distinguishable, soon as u see the really pale skin and the natural blonde hair, its different from Azaris who are Iranian and look Iranian.

                Originally posted by oslonor
                Even you say that Kurds did this or that. Kurds are not Azeri Turks. Yes. Azeri Turks are trying to use the Iranian label and say there are not ethnic groups in Iran and everybody is mixed up with Azeri Turks but that is not the case. This is mostly political propoganda to hold to political power.
                to hold political power?? come on man, im sorry but this just makes me laugh. maybe its cuz of the prejudices taht ive grown up with, but everyone in Iran has some sort of stereotype except the "persians" and the Azari one is, well letsjust say that they're not the brightest. if u ever come across an Iranian and ask em to tell u some Iranian jokes, at least 6 out of 10 times it will be about how dumb Azaris are, they are the centerpiece of many jokes, and they all begin with "Turke khare" mean taht dumb donkey Turk. they make these jokes about themselves too so its not really offensive, but its just utterly hilarious the thought of them being behind a huge conspiracy to take over Iran.
                Originally posted by oslonor
                Some information on Azeri Turks:
                # No Azeris Turks in Afghanistan: There are no Azeri Turks in Afghanistan. This shows that Azeri Turks are not native to this region. All other natives of Iran are some way related to ethnic groups in Afghanistan.
                those Azeris in Iran are Iranians, of the same background as other Iranians, only because that part of the country was conquered and they were forced to speak another language they are now called Turks, not because they are genetically different. Egyptians werent genetically Arab, but since they were forced to speak Arabic people call them Arabs, but it doesnt mean they have any genetic links to the people of Saudi Arabia.
                Originally posted by oslonor
                # Are Turks Mongols?: Azeris claim that Turks look like Mongols similar to Uzbeks. Azeris are "Caucasian" whatever that means. Therefore Azeris are not really turks. Actually some mongolian tribes have adopted the turkish language but in reality ethnically they are not turks. Mongols are Mongols and they are not Turks. The real turks are the Azeris. This is even clear in central asia. The Kazaks are the union of the Turk and Mongol tribes, who lived on the territory of the modern Kazakhstan approximately in the first century B.C., were the forebears of Kazakhs. This clearly shows that Mongols are not really turks.

                # Pan-Turkism and Russians: Actually the whole fraud and falsifications about the nature of Azeri Turks were invented in the Soviet Union in 1930's under Stalin. The reason is Soviet Union feared Pan-Turkism and invented a separate identity for each ethnic group who spoke Turkish in Caucaus and central asia. Azeris became "Iranian" and central asians became sogdians and baktrians. This propoganda was adopted by some Azeris in Iran such as Kasravi and promoted in Iran. All of the propoganda were lies. Azeris are Turks. Today Azeri Turk ruling elite is using this propoganda to present itself with the label of "Iranian" tribe and continue the plunder of resources from the natives of Iran.
                i dont kno what ur motive is behind all of this but Azeris are Iranian people that had a change of language, this is common knowledge in Iran and accepted by all Azeris. They are Iranian peoples, of indo-european or aryan origins and not some tribal turkic people or whatever ur making them out to be.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

                  Originally posted by Sean
                  with all due respect to u oslo, i really hope u dont say any of this stuff in front of an Iranian, they'll just laugh at u


                  my brother was a civil enginerring professor at "elmo sanat" university in tehran where Ahmadinejad was too, ive encountered and talked with him numerous times.i never got a trace of anything Azeri from him or any of the things u speak of. The reason I mention Russians is cuz the last couple of years theres been a migration of Russians to Tehran and because u can easily single them out and they are distinguishable, soon as u see the really pale skin and the natural blonde hair, its different from Azaris who are Iranian and look Iranian.


                  to hold political power?? come on man, im sorry but this just makes me laugh. maybe its cuz of the prejudices taht ive grown up with, but everyone in Iran has some sort of stereotype except the "persians" and the Azari one is, well letsjust say that they're not the brightest. if u ever come across an Iranian and ask em to tell u some Iranian jokes, at least 6 out of 10 times it will be about how dumb Azaris are, they are the centerpiece of many jokes, and they all begin with "Turke khare" mean taht dumb donkey Turk. they make these jokes about themselves too so its not really offensive, but its just utterly hilarious the thought of them being behind a huge conspiracy to take over Iran.

                  those Azeris in Iran are Iranians, of the same background as other Iranians, only because that part of the country was conquered and they were forced to speak another language they are now called Turks, not because they are genetically different. Egyptians werent genetically Arab, but since they were forced to speak Arabic people call them Arabs, but it doesnt mean they have any genetic links to the people of Saudi Arabia.

                  i dont kno what ur motive is behind all of this but Azeris are Iranian people that had a change of language, this is common knowledge in Iran and accepted by all Azeris. They are Iranian peoples, of indo-european or aryan origins and not some tribal turkic people or whatever ur making them out to be.
                  I should remind you of history of Iran.

                  1. The Azeri Turk Saffavids regime in 16 century, executed more than 70.000 persians only in Isfahan. They also killed millions of Zoarastrian and imposed the Shia religion on Iran.
                  2. The current Azeri Turk regime in Tehran has executed 200.000 people. It is still stoning people. Everybody in Iran agrees that this regime has no "Iranian" or "Persian" culture. Culturally they are related to primitive Turk tribes in Caucasus where they originate.

                  You should wake up from your daydream!!!!!

                  Also a question: You questioned the ethnic map. Can you explain more why you question the ethnic map of Iran?
                  Last edited by oslonor; 08-26-2006, 12:29 AM.
                  Persians and Hollywood
                  http://oslonor.blogspot.com

                  A Google Blog

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

                    ur saying the Islamic republic regime is Azeri? who are these 200,000 people that have been executed, give me a source to back uo what u say. the only part i can agree with u here is when u say "everybody in Iran agrees that this regime has no Iranian or Persian culture". I absolutely agree with that. But only in that this much hated bastard regime is so Muslim and pro-Arab and people hate that. So if its anything its promoting Arab culture, if in fact they were Azeri's in charge, they'de make heros out of people like Babak instead of trying to silence him and making people make heros of some bedouin Arab prophets like Ali and Hossein and whatever else.

                    So forgive me, but what am i missing, where is this Azeri connection. please enlighten me

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

                      You say that :

                      "i dont kno what ur motive is behind all of this but Azeris are Iranian people that had a change of language, this is common knowledge in Iran and accepted by all Azeris. They are Iranian peoples, of indo-european or aryan origins and not some tribal turkic people or whatever ur making them out to be"

                      This thread is exactly about this:
                      1. Iranian is a modern concept and creation.
                      2. Iranian is a meaningless term as it is used by Azeri Turks.
                      3. Azeri Turks should be described as Azeri turks. The term Iranian confuses the issues.
                      4. Read the link provided to understand the background:
                      http://www.network54.com/Forum/48776...sians+in+Iran-
                      Persians and Hollywood
                      http://oslonor.blogspot.com

                      A Google Blog

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X