Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Originally posted by zeytuntsi View Post
    I see that some get carried over too easily. I'm Russia friendly but Armenia's interests come first and consider the facts. How much Russians value Armenia despite all the sacrifices? Let's see.

21% Of Russians Polled By Russian Public Opinion Poll Center Consider Ukraine Enemy Of Russia (11:22, Friday, May 9, 2008)

Ukrainian News Agency

According to a poll conducted by the all-Russian Center for Study of Public Opinion of Russians, 21% of Russian citizens consider Ukraine an enemy of Russia.

Ukrainian News learned this from outcomes of the poll.

Respondents were asked to name countries Russia had the most hostile relations.

Of those polled, 25% said Russia's enemy was the Untied States, 25% named Georgia, 8% Britain, 6% named Baltic countries, 5% Poland and Estonia, 3% Japan and Latvia, 2% China and Lithiania, 1% Belarus, Germany, Iraq, Korea, France, Afghanistan, Czechnya, Mid east, former republic of the Soviet Union, and the European Union, and 1% were undecided.

Meantime, 2% of Russians consider Ukraine a friendly state of Russia.

Of those polled, 23% regard China as the best friend of Russia, 17% Germany, 14% Belarus, 9% the United States, 8% Kazakhstan, 7% India, 6% France, 4% countries of the European Union, 3% Bulgaria and Japan, 2% Armenia, Italy, Poland, and former republics of the Soviet Union, 1% Britain, Brazil, Israel, Iran, Spain, Korea, Serbia, Turkey, Finland, countries of South America, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, and countries of the east.

Of those polled, 1% said Russia had good relations with all countries and 45% were undecided.

The poll was conducted on April 5 and April 6. The center polled 1,600 Russians. The error margin is within 3.4%.

As Ukrainian News earlier reported, in April, 25% of Ukrainians polled by the Public Opinion Fund - Ukraine (FOM) said they expected the relations with Russia will improve within eight years.
    Are you honestly going get your source from a Ukrainian news? That data is just silly and know where near accurate. Honestly it does not make much and is no way factual. How can Serbia be in the same line as turkey and beneath United states as friends of Russia? Serbia and Armenian is way above those nations and Germany. The more I read that the more everything about it is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      Russia prepares for future combat in the Arctic
      Well, this is my kind of topic....
      I have plenty of information on this one, but first let me post this:

The Cradle Of The Human Race At The North Pole

The Arctic Home Of The Vedas

"If man existed before the last Glacial period and witnessed the gigantic changes which brought on the Ice Age, it is not unnatural to expect that a reference, howsoever concealed and distant, to these events would be found in the oldest traditionary beliefs and memories of mankind; Dr. Warren in his interesting and highly suggestive work the Paradise Found or the Cradle of the Human Race at the North Pole has attempted to interpret ancient myths and legends in the light of modern scientific discoveries, and has come to the conclusion that the original home of the whole human race must be sought for in regions near the North Pole.

My object is not so comprehensive. I intend to confine myself only to the Vedic literature and show that if we read some of the passages in the Vedas, which have hitherto been considered incomprehensible, in the light of the new scientific discoveries we are forced to the conclusion that the home of the ancestors of the Vedic people was somewhere near the North Pole before the last Glacial epoch."

Source:

"THE ARCTIC HOME IN THE VEDAS"
      By Lokamanya Gangdhar Tilak

Poona City, India, 1903

CHAPTER I
      PREHISTORIC TIMES
      Page 6

Originally posted by Armenian
      These guys are on the logo of United Russia party, by the way:

Comment

Originally posted by Angessa View Post
        Are you honestly going get your source from a Ukrainian news? That data is just silly and know where near accurate. Honestly it does not make much and is no way factual. How can Serbia be in the same line as turkey and beneath United states as friends of Russia? Serbia and Armenian is way above those nations and Germany. The more I read that the more everything about it is false.
        Angessa, please realize that there is an active agenda today in the West to sabotage Armenia's strategic relations with Moscow. From a western perspective, the Armenian Republic is the 'last' nation today standing in the way of a total takeover of the Caucasus by Western and Turkish forces.

Nonetheless, I'm very suspicious of polls, surveys, studies, etc. These kinds of studies are generally conducted with some kind of an agenda, be it sociological, political or economic. The key to assessing poll results is finding out where the funding of the survey in question came from and who are its organizers.

Having said that, I must also state that Armenians, generally speaking, are an insignificant group of people for nations as large and as powerful as Russia. That's perfectly understandable, it's human nature to seek equal counterparts. The average Russian probably does not know much about Armenians. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing the average Russian probably knows about Armenia is that it is located in the Caucasus, and maybe a few television celebrities. Unfortunately, the connection Armenia-Caucasus is bad enough in the eyes of the average Russian. Generally speaking, anything from the dreaded "Caucasus" conjures up nasty images. This is also understandable. Russians felt a lot of pain and misery coming out of the Caucasus for a very long time.

In my opinion, the average Russian will tend to think more in terms of China, America, Europe, etc.

Anyway, I never expect much in the way of depth or wisdom when it comes to the general population anywhere on earth. And it's quite obvious that you, Angessa, and North Pole, are anything but average. It's been my pleasure having you two here with us. Anyway, let's just hope that Russia's foreign policy making apparatus remains in the hands of Russian nationalists and let's hope Russians rediscover and fully embrace their Christian Orthodox heritage.

None of these surveys/polls have any bearing on geopolitics because Russian politicians know very well that Russia's national borders start in the south Caucasus. By protecting Armenia Moscow is serving its national interests. The union between Russia-Armenia today is a natural union. We Armenians need to fully understand this and approach it accordingly. In other words, when you know that you serve a neighboring nation's strategic interests, especially a neighbor who also happens to be a superpower - you must attempt to make the most of it. And currently that is exactly what official Yerevan is attempting to do with the Russian Federation. But, like I said, there are forces that are trying to undermine this friendship.

As I was saying, I have learned to essentially disregard these types of polls in general, especially the ones associated with politics. More often than not, such polls merely tell you the intent of the individual/organization performing the poll. In reality, one can manipulate a given survey to extract whatever result one may seek. There are so many crucial factors in conducting a proper survey that before I take one seriously I would first want to look at the exact survey's wording (questioner), the people performing it, the selection of surveyed individuals, the process of the selection, the location, the funding, the timing, the supervision, etc...

Originally posted by Angessa
        While some people are ignorant enough to believe a faculty piece of journalism without question. Yet these same people believe they should be listened to and followed. It sadden me to know that some people are as ingnorant and foolish as you.
        Please pardon Siamanto, he/she is our village psychopath

Anyway, couple of more polls to consider:

Poll Confirms Pro-Russian Sentiment In Armenia

An opinion poll made public by a private Yerevan-based think-tank on Friday showed Russia topping the list of countries that are considered friendly by the majority of Armenians. Researchers from the Armenian Center for National and International Studies (ACNIS) said 89.2 percent of 2,000 people randomly polled by them across the country described Russia as a friendly nation. They said France comes second in the rankings with almost three-quarters of the respondents thinking well of it. According to the survey results, only 46.8 percent described the United States as Armenia’s friend, while neighboring Iran got almost 50 percent support. They show that Georgia is perceived to be more neutral than friendly by Armenians. The ACNIS pollsters said 77 percent of them stand for a deepening of Armenia’s already close relations with Russia. Just over half and one third of them would like stronger ties with the European Union and the U.S respectively. This contrasts sharply with the findings of a parallel survey of political and economic experts conducted by the ACNIS. The vast majority of them want closer links with the West rather than Russia. Only about one fifth of the experts interviewed by the think-tank support the continued presence of the Russian military base in Armenia. Forty percent said they would be happy to see both Russian and NATO bases stationed in Armenian territory. Predictably, Armenia’s two other neighbors, Azerbaijan and Turkey, were overwhelmingly identified as “enemies,” with 91 percent and 78 percent of the ordinary respondents subscribing to that view respectively. About half of them considered the threat of a new war with Azerbaijan to be the main challenge to Armenia’s national security. The poll also suggests that less than half of ordinary Armenians explicitly support the reopening of their country’s border with Turkey, according to the ACNIS survey. About as many of them believe that a full reconciliation between the two peoples is impossible without Turkish recognition of the 1915 genocide of Armenians in the Ottoman Empire. Furthermore, 56.3 percent said the Turks are capable of committing another genocide and should not be trusted.

Source: http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeni...43CA3DCC33.asp

15 percent of Russians in favor of uniting Russia and Armenia

Russian citizens do not want to unite with any foreign state in unions or commonwealths, and less of all they would like to be in a union with Azerbaijan, Kirgizia, Tajikistan, Georgia and Turkey. These are the results of the social survey conducted by the Russian Center of Public Opinion Survey. According to the poll conducted in May 2007, 36 percent of respondents want to live only in Russia, 18 percent are in favor of a union with participation of Russia, Ukraine, Byelorussia and Kazakhstan. 17 percent of those surveyed wished to live in united USSR. Meanwhile only 13 percent of respondents expressed in favor of appearing in the EU, while only 9 percent wanted to integrate in the framework of CIS. To the request to indicate the number of states that Russia should join with, 42 percent of respondents named Byelorussia, 36 percent –Ukraine, 30 percent –Kazakhstan. Popularity of other states and organizations is rather low. Only 17 percent of Russians wanted to appear in the EU, to join with Armenia –15 percent, with Moldova and Uzbekistan-14 percent, Azerbaijan and Kirgizia-13, Tajikistan –12, Georgia –11, Turkey –only 4 percent, RBK reports.

Source: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=22437
        Last edited by Anonymouse; 07-01-2008, 10:27 PM.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Angessa View Post
          1- If you mean that the content of the press release is inaccurate, then why don't you share with a more accurate data?
          2- If you mean that data disseminated by the Russian Public Opinion Poll Center - an institution that is publicly known - is not reliable, then please give us reasons why the opinion of someone that we don't know - i.e. yourself - should be considered as reliable?
          3- If you mean that polls, in general, are of little value; despite their shortcomings, they are far more valuable than the lip service of officials.

By the way, it, more or less, corresponds to last year's data - that I will post it a bit later, and my personal experience. I would qualify my experience of Russia - i.e. interaction with people - as clearly positive: People were friendly and very respectful, wherever I went - i.e. work, subway, cafes, streets etc.; however, I was surprised to get the "poker face" each time I, candidly, said: "I am Armenian." Of course, after a couple of times, I understood that, we, Armenians, overestimate the value of Armenia in the mind of Russians, and embellish their perception of us. I stopped mentioning it, after a couple of times.

Originally posted by Angessa
          While some people are ignorant enough to believe a faculty piece of journalism without question.
          By the way, a poll is not "piece of journalism." Also, how do you call most of the posts in this thread that are press releases; they're not "piece of journalism?????"

In Armenian, we say: "Lezoun vosgor tchouni;" it does not mean the same, but close to the English "Talk is cheap."
          Last edited by Anonymouse; 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM.
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by meline
            Удача! пните их испанцы !!!!!! Correct me if my Russian is not so good...haven't practiced it for years...
            Well, here's how to say it correctly:

Удачи! and not Удачa.

-- "пните их испанцы" actually means Spaniards, kick them.
            So what you've said was actually quite the opposite to what you intended to say.
            Besides, nobody really says "пните их..." You can say Желаю чтобы вы их разгромили.

Originally posted by meline
            Well, I really want to see Russia at the final! Good luck, smash the Spaniards...that's more or less what I wanted to say...

Thank you, Meline.
            The Russian team lost its very first game 4 - 1, they played against Spain then. So now we have to take revenge. The game is on this Thursday.
            By the way, Turkey plays tomorrow against Germany.

More info here - http://www.euro2008.uefa.com

Beginning of a Meeting with King Juan Carlos I of Spain
            June 19, 2008
            The Kremlin, Moscow
            KING OF SPAIN JUAN CARLOS I: I think we should congratulate each other.

DMITRY MEDVEDEV: On our football results, absolutely.

source -

Новости, стенограммы, фото и видеозаписи, документы, подписанные Президентом России, информация о деятельности Администрации

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              Angessa, please realize that there is an active agenda today in the West to sabotage Armenia's strategic relations with Moscow. From a western perspective, the Armenian Republic is the 'last' nation today standing in the way of a total takeover of the Caucasus by Western and Turkish forces.
              By the way, in the film План «Кавказ» (Plan Caucasus), that you posted, Armenian, an imam from Tajikistan (if I am not mistaken) described his visit to a "scientific conference" which was held in Turkey.

He says that from the very start the participants realized that there was nothing scientific or cultural about that Turkish conference.

The Turks' main goal, the imam explained, was to convince everyone that all peoples of the South nations of the former USSR are Turks by blood.
              They (the hosts of the conference), said imam, included even Armenia.
              So Armenians, according to the Turkish propaganda are Turks.

Watch the film (it's in Russian, I will translate the key parts if someone wants):

This is a documentary I strongly suggest you all to watch.

Russian Film Accuses West of Orchestrating Chechen War

План «Кавказ» (2008) (Plan Caucasus Video): http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...L-j6T_Ag&hl=en

A new film released on Russia’s state-run Channel One has sparked as much international eye-rolling as controversy. Swirling around a central shadowy Turkish secret agent, the 55-minute “Caucasus Plan” implicates a series of western countries, including France, Germany, Turkey and the United States in orchestrating Russia’s war with Chechnya in the 1990s.

The Turkish embassy in Moscow has already discounted the “unfounded assertions regarding Turkey,” questioning the conclusions of the self-designated “documentary.” The film, which first aired on April 22nd, alleges that ENKA, a Turkish construction company with major market share in Russia, directly funded Chechen rebels. It also alleges that the U.S. State Department as well as Turkish authorities staged a number of cunning plots to exacerbate separatism in the North Caucasus region, including smuggling weapons and injecting the market with counterfeit dollars. France allegedly gave a hand by printing new regional passports, and Germany provided assistance by minting new currency. A statement from Channel One called the project an “investigative journalism” documentary based on a number of on-the-ground witnesses. In response, ENKA quickly released a statement: “We state that all information regarding our company broadcast on April 22 in ‘The Caucasus Plan’ TV program on Channel One is totally groundless and untrue. We deny all such accusations.”

Experts called the film a joke, adding that it resembles Soviet-style propaganda rather than a serious investigation. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty quotes Said-Khasan Abumuslimov, a historian who was Chechnya’s vice president in the 1990s: “The Russians have always claimed that the Chechen struggle was instigated by outside forces,” he said. “They say we always wanted to live in peace with the Russians, but first Turkey, then England, and now America is sowing seeds of discord in the Caucasus. I don’t even want to comment on these silly allegations. This is not serious.”

Government critics commonly describe television in Russian as the most strictly government-controlled media. At the same time, television serves as the major source of news for the largest share of the population. Channel One (also called Rossiya), a state-run enterprise that broadcasts across the country, has been repeatedly criticized for serving as a Kremlin press-agency, and not a serious source of news. In September 2007, the channel aired another anti-Western special titled “Barkhat.ru” (lit. Velvet.ru). The prime-time special described a mass-conspiracy wherein the CIA was using foreign NGOs, the western media and opposition groups in an attempt to overthrow the government and foment a “color revolution” in Russia.

Source: http://www.theotherrussia.org/2008/0...g-chechen-war/

Russian journalist's film "Plan Kavkaz" caused bewilderment in Azerbaijan

The investigation made by Anton Vernitskiy, journalist of Channel One, in his film "Plan Kavkaz", shown on April 22 and dedicated to the attempts in early 1990s of external forces, including Baku and Ankara, to separate Chechnya from Russia, has caused bewilderment in Azerbaijan. The ORT journalist reminds the viewers about the events in the 1990s, when after collapse of the USSR Chechen leaders got a chance to appeal for help to foreign special agencies in implementing their mercenary separatist plans. The journalist's investigation asserts that Azerbaijan was then a serious player, and allegedly the then presidents of country Abulfaz Elchibey and Geidar Aliev rendered assistance to Chechen separatists. Khazar Ibragim, head of the press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan, has stated in his comments on Anton Vernitskiy's assertions that Azerbaijan had never interfered and does not interfere into home affairs of other countries. In his turn, Vafa Guluzade, former foreign policy state adviser, has named the Russian journalist's fabrications to be a lie. "Unlike Russia, Azerbaijan never helped separatists. The point is that Russia was irritated by Azerbaijani delay of Russia's confidential cargo for Iran; therefore, it has grown so furious. It's just one form of provocation," he said. We remind you that back on March 29, Azerbaijani custom inspectors detained at the "Astara" checkpoint a Russian road train with heat insulation equipment intended for the construction of the "Busher" Nuclear Power Plant in Iran. Negotiations of "Rosatom" representatives with the Azerbaijani Government on the fate of the cargo have brought no fruit so far. The Azerbaijani party asserts that Russia failed to submit the necessary documentation, detailing the character of the special equipment delivered for the "Busher" Nuclear Power Plant.

Source: http://eng.kavkaz.memo.ru/newstext/e...d/1213763.html

Comment

Originally posted by North Pole View Post
                The Turks' main goal, the imam explained, was to convince everyone that all peoples of the South nations of the former USSR are Turks by blood. They (the hosts of the conference), said imam, included even Armenia. So Armenians, according to the Turkish propaganda are Turks.
                The fairytale in question is based on Atatürk's wet dream called the Sun LanguageTheory. According to interpretations of this "theory" human language evolved out of Central Asian Turks. They claim to be the originators of the first human civilization. They claim Sumerians were Turks; they claim Urartians were Turks; and they also claim American natives (American Indians) were Turks; they claim Scandinavian were Turks. They claim to be the first ones that brought civilization into Mesopotamia, Anatolia and the Caucasus (the region known to most historians as the cradle of human civilization). Btw, Turks also consider Russians to be off-shoots of Mongols, Tatars and Khazars. So, you Russians are also in essence, Turanian. Congratulations!

Anyway, this kind of talk is not heard within Islamic circles, it is only heard in pan-Turkic circles. Such talk is very foreign to real Muslims, as a matter of fact. This is further proof that Islam played only a superficial role in the bloody insurgency Russia had to deal with in the Caucasus. The somewhat primitive sentiments of Islamic peoples in the region were exploited and manipulated by foreign powers (Western, Turkish, Georgian, Azerbaijani, Pakistani and Saudi Arabian) for a greater geopolitical purpose. The issue in the Caucasus and the Caspian Sea region was and it still is West's desperate desire to wrestle away the strategic region in question from Russian control. Have no doubt, once Russia looses control of the Caucasus it will loose control of the Caspian Sea region and once that happens it will loose control over Central Asia. If Moscow allows this, Russia's life expectancy, as a nation-state, will be very short. Needless to say, Armenia will cease to exist as a nation in the Caucasus even long before that.

Watch the film (it's in Russian, I will translate the key parts if someone wants):
                I had a close friend translate if for me. I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a short synopsis of the film.
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post

By the way, it, more or less, corresponds to last year's data - that I will post it a bit later, and my personal experience. I would qualify my experience of Russia - i.e. interaction with people - as clearly positive: People were friendly and very respectful, wherever I went - i.e. work, subway, cafes, streets etc.; however, I was surprised to get the "poker face" each time I, candidly, said: "I am Armenian." Of course, after a couple of times, I understood that, we, Armenians, overestimate the value of Armenia in the mind of Russians, and embellish their perception of us. I stopped mentioning it, after a couple of times.

Growing up in a country where Armenians are liked and respected, always when dealing with 'foreigners', I was naturally expecting to see and hear some kind of embellished, complimentary comments about Armenians and especially from Armenia-friendly nations such as Russia, France, and etc. But my first experience which was 'disappointing' and changed my mind came with the French and when I started interacting with them. You know I was expecting what… but all I got was total ignorance and indifference (nothing hostile though)... It was quite an eye-opening experience for me, I just realized/ learnt not to expect anything from simple, average people...

As with the Russians, I think, as Armenian pointed it out, it's got to do with the not so positive image of the Caucasus in the mindset of Russians. The region in question is usually a reminder of instability, rebellion and a liability for Russia. But again this is all irrelevant when it comes to politics, I guess.

Incidentally, we had a talk with each other on this issue a couple of days ago ( on this page) in Armenian and he just reminded me the irrational, unnecessary 'expectations' sometimes some of us may have from foreigners. I guess I had forgotten my previous experience with the French… I even think it is actually more healthy and even 'wise' to be indifferent about what individuals think about Armenians. After all, it seems irrelevant in politics.
                  Last edited by Lucin; 06-25-2008, 03:58 AM.

Comment

This thread has been significantly cleaned up.

I have removed all of the insulting and personal attack based posts (or so the ones I saw at least).

Armanen, Siamanto, Crusader, you are all warned. I don't care who started what. If the ebb and flow of this thread is derailed one more time by any of you, in any manner that even remotely tip toes on the fringes of being personal and/or insulting, and if you cannot discuss only the topic at hand without resorting to belittling each other, I will ban all 3 of you because I wouldn't want to close this thread.

With that said, enjoy your foruming experience.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

The fairytale in question is based on Atatürk's wet dream called the Sun LanguageTheory. According to interpretations of this "theory" human language evolved out of Central Asian Turks. They claim to be the originators of the first human civilization. They claim Sumerians were Turks; they claim Urartians were Turks; and they also claim American natives (American Indians) were Turks; they claim Scandinavian were Turks. They claim to be the first ones that brought civilization into Mesopotamia, Anatolia and the Caucasus (the region known to most historians as the cradle of human civilization). Btw, Turks also consider Russians to be off-shoots of Mongols, Tatars and Khazars. So, you Russians are also in essence, Turanian. Congratulations!
                      That is interesting.
                      I googled it and found this in wiki:

The Sun Language Theory (Turkish: Güneş Dil Teorisi) was a linguistic theory proposing that all human languages are descendants of one Central Asian primal language. The theory further proposed that the only language remaining more or less the same as this primal language is Turkish. According to the theory, the Central Asian worshippers, who wanted to salute the omnipotence of the sun and its life-giving qualities, had done so by transforming their meaningless blabbering into a coherent set of ritual utterings, and languages were born, hence the name.[1]
                      The hypothesis was started with the works by the French scientist Hilaire de Baranton entitled "L'Origine des Langues, des Religions et des Peuples", that all languages originated from hieroglyphs and cuneiform used by Sumerians[2] and the paper of Austrian linguist Dr. Hermann F. Kvergić of Vienna entitled "La psychologie de quelques elements des langues Turques" ["the psychology of some elements of the Turkic Languages"].[3]
                      Once these works came to the attention of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, he introduced the Sun Language Theory into Turkish political and educational circles in 1935, at the high point of attempts to 'cleanse' the Turkish language of foreign influences. It fell into final oblivion in the 1950s.

So it seems like that Turkish "Sun LanguageTheory" popped up on the surface only in 1935.
                      Actually, any facts can be cooked up or real facts can be twisted in such a way to fit the political agenda. I will take time to read more about their theory though just to see what FACTS do the Turks use.

By the way, how about the Scythians? And what do the Turks say about Sanskrit?
                      And in your opinion, Armenian, who were the Scythians? Or better question to ask - who are the descendants of the Scythians?

Here's a quote from National Geographic:

The Pamir Mountains have played host to human occupation for almost 40,000 years—the first settlements beginning when hunter-gatherers moved out of the Middle East in search of more hospitable land during a dry period that gripped the region around 45,000 years ago.

The region is particularly interesting to anthropologists because it has a rich history of ancient civilizations that all laid claim to this strategic region. The Central Asian steppes, at the heart of the Eurasian continent, were of importance to any ruler with global aspirations. As early as 4,000 years ago, the expansive Western Eurasian region, stretching from the Danube basin to the Indus valley, was occupied by Indo-Iranian speaking peoples. These included the Scythians — first mentioned by Herodotus on his travels through the region — who are widely credited with creating the artistic "Beast Style" of the forest-steppe land between the fifth and third centuries B.C. Several militant tribes also called this land home and used it to spread out in conquest of distant parts of northern India, destroying the ancient civilizations throughout the Indus Valley. They brought their language, Sanskrit, to India, as well as their sacred books known as the Vedy. Those who remained in the territories of present-day Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan later came to be known through the Greeks as the Persians.

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

The statement They brought their language, Sanskrit, to India changes many popular theories.

Comment

Working...
                      X