Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Virgil,

Stop the nonsense about Iran, Iranians and Iranian-Armenians, please.

(You have typed so much fallacy that I don't know where to start from and answer which.)

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
    I agree with this statement, I know a Armenian that is from Turkey, today she told a fellow friend, "I am going home to Istanbul", are these people retarded? How can you call Istanbul your home?

So? A home could also mean where you live, where you have a house, a shelter. You visit a friend in NYC and then tell him you go back home, Glendale, in a week. And that wouldn't make you a retarded.
    Last edited by Lucin; 11-30-2007, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I agree with this statement, I know a Armenian that is from Turkey, today she told a fellow friend, "I am going home to Istanbul", are these people retarded? How can you call Istanbul your home?
      This is about how you feel the place that you live in. If you look the things with racist ideas, you cannot understand this.

It is natural that this girl feels like at home in Istanbul maybe her family and other Armenians have lived there for many centuries.If Usa,Australia and Latin America's people see their countries as home in spite of their short historical past, Armenians are right at saying this.

Istanbul is a passion, so that Hrant insisted on living there and his family still lives in. If you don't feel to belong, it hasn't already been your home.Any racist as you cannot understand Istanbul passion without living in this city.So what a pity for you.
      Last edited by garod; 11-30-2007, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        Virgil,

Stop the nonsense about Iran, Iranians and Iranian-Armenians, please.

(You have typed so much fallacy that I don't know where to start from and answer which.)

So? A home could also mean where you live, where you have a house, a shelter. You visit a friend in NYC and then tell him you go back home, Glendale, in a week. And that wouldn't make you a retarded.
        I don't understand your last point, but with regards to my "fallacy", are you honestly saying you are equally free in Iran than in Armenia? I just want to understand how you opt to live under Islamic law, but refuse to live in the homeland? Does this make sense to you? It makes absolutly no sense to me. Furthermore, in Glendale and Watertown, even when Armenians move into "liberal and free" societies they still shy away from their Armenian culture, it is as if the Armenian identity of that person is the inferior portion of the identity, you would not understand my point because you don't live here in the United States, but Armenians in general view themselves as inferior, that is the only reasonable conclusion I have come to or else moving out of country because you are "oppressed" and then coming to the United States and holding the same amount of interest for the host culture you were previous exposed to, makes absolutly no sense to me.

Second of all, my piont again stems from the oxymoran existence of Turkish-Armenians, take nice deep breath and understand what it is I am telling you, read it again, Turkish-Armenian? Does reading these words make you feel good about yourself, personally, it makes feel like a idiot. It is a slap in the face and I don't see how you or anyone else can justify it, it makes no sense to live under a regime that has done so many horrific things to Armenians.
        Last edited by Virgil; 11-30-2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by garod View Post
          This is about how you feel the place that you live in. If you look the things with racist ideas, you cannot understand this.

It is natural that this girl feels like at home in Istanbul maybe her family and other Armenians have lived there for many centuries.If Usa,Australia and Latin America's people see their countries as home in spite of their short historical past, Armenians are right at saying this.

Istanbul is a passion, so that Hrant insisted on living there and his family still lives in. If you don't feel to belong, it hasn't already been your home.Any racist as you cannot understand Istanbul passion without living in this city.So what a pity for you.
          xxxx you, again, "racist"? Your government is racist, furthermore, go to a Turkish forum, I don't see how Armenian discussion regarding my people should involve a degenerate Turk like you. I am trying to get to a underlying point, I find it funny that these Armenians opt to live and embrace a government that marginalizes them on a daily basis instead of living in Armenia. And go fix Article 301 before calling anyone a "racist", loser.
          Last edited by Virgil; 11-30-2007, 08:25 AM.

Comment

How do you know that what I think and do regarding article 301.
            Also what do you know about "my degeneration".Did you meet and also slip with me?Take your f..k .Sorry but my p..sy is busy now.

Shortly It is unnecessary to discuss with a narrow minded ignorant person as you.

Comment

I don't understand your last point, but with regards to my "fallacy", are you honestly saying you are equally free in Iran than in Armenia? I just want to understand how you opt to live under Islamic law, but refuse to live in the homeland? Does this make sense to you?
              Marcos Grigorian, an Iranian Armenian artist, moved there. Hetq has a few articles on him.

Comment

I suggest you be a bit more rational, and not blow hot air. I was not talking about diasporans moving or not moving to Armenia.
                And if you don't know much about the situation of Armenians in Iran, then you'd rather not rely on some hearsay and not make long posts telling us how Armenians are "mistreated" in Iran.

As for why they "don't move" to Armenia; you seem to be totally confused and/or clueless. Many have done so, either permanently or temporarily; by keeping a home in Iran and one in Armenia, many have started a business there, many are visiting the country on a regular basis; overall Parskahays have probably contributed most to the Armenian economy in different ways, especially in recent years.

Now, I wonder where you get this kind of first hand nonsense:

For the most part they are out of harms way, but they live in a state of fear because on a constant basis muslim Iranians are investigating the actions of their Christians neighbors in order to implicate of breaking Islamic laws, they live in a state of fear. If you ask any Armenian from Iran how Iranians "really" view and treat them, most will tell you that in Iran Armenians are a second class citizen.
                I don't get it, its mind boggling somtimes. I ask some Paskahye (Make Paskhahye into Lebenese Armenian, same example, not picking anyone), "hey, Paskahye xyz, why are you listening to Persian music and speaking Persian in America? Didn't you leave Iran under the pretense of being 'persecuted for your beleifs'"? I recall one older Paskahye gentlemen saying somthing along the lines that Iranians use to call Armenains "Sag Ermani" (Armenian dog in Persian) on a daily basis, now all of a sudden, when in the US, they embrace Persian culture more than the Armenian culture?

Second of all, my piont again stems from the oxymoran existence of Turkish-Armenians, take nice deep breath and understand what it is I am telling you, read it again, Turkish-Armenian? Does reading these words make you feel good about yourself, personally, it makes feel like a idiot. It is a slap in the face and I don't see how you or anyone else can justify it, it makes no sense to live under a regime that has done so many horrific things to Armenians.

Again you totally missed my point. My talk was not referred to Armenians in Turkey.
                As for Polsahays, I can't imagine how they live in Turkey. Many of them seem to be in the image of their Patriarch, but I'm sure some of them are not staying there willingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                  I suggest you be a bit more rational, and not blow hot air. I was not talking about diasporans moving or not moving to Armenia.
                  And if you don't know much about the situation of Armenians in Iran, then you'd rather not rely on some hearsay and not make long posts telling us how Armenians are "mistreated" in Iran.
                  My relatives live there, they own a home there, actually, I have one uncle that lives in Armenia and one aunt that lives in Iran, my parents visited Iran two years ago, for the most part they agree that Armenians have some rights, but they are still treated as second class citizens. Furthermore, I just want to ask you, are you telling me that Armenians living in the Middle-East are as free as those that live in Armenia? Just answer this question, I will refrain talking about "Iranian Armenians". And do you think that it is justified to come to the United States from the Middle-East and still partake in Middle-Eastern culture, a culture that Armenians were forced to live under due to the genocide and conquest? Again, not a attack you, just a question I want you or anyone else to answer because it makes absolutly no sense to me, if you were forced to leave your homeland you should at least try your best to catch up with your Armenian identity.

Originally posted by luclin
                  As for why they "don't move" to Armenia; you seem to be totally confused and/or clueless. Many have done so, either permanently or temporarily; by keeping a home in Iran and one in Armenia, many have started a business there, many are visiting the country on a regular basis; overall Parskahays have probably contributed most to the Armenian economy in different ways, especially in recent years.
                  No, I am not clueless, most have and some have not, I am glad they are though and I have heard that a lot of property is being bought by Iranian-Armenains, which is good, but again your missing the point, go reread what I wrote.
                  Last edited by Virgil; 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Lucin,

Back in the days, Armenians were segregated in Iran. I.E. If you were Armenian, you couldn't drink from the same water fountain, eat in the same restaurant, shop in the same stores as Muslim Iranians. That was decades ago.

However, currently, Iran is probably the most religiously diverse county in the region. Generally, Armenians are well-respected in Iran, enjoy religious freedom and the ability to carry on customs and traditions.

One could argue that with respect to public protest, Armenians in Iran are far more organized and vocal than America-hyes.
                    Between childhood, boyhood,
                    adolescence
                    & manhood (maturity) there
                    should be sharp lines drawn w/
                    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
                      One could argue that with respect to public protest, Armenians in Iran are far more organized and vocal than America-hyes.
                      Exactly and how would you convince the more natinalistic portion of the Diaspora to go back to Armenia? By convincing them they are still second class citizens and need to leave the Middle-East. The Armenians in Syria, Lebannon, and Iran are very important to the Armenian cause because they still have a strong Anti-Turkish sentiments and are nationalistic. When they go to Europe and America, they adopt liberal ideologies via education system and media, thus, forgetting the importance of being Armenian and defending Armenian values, they just stagnate and eventually assimilate (Actually, the recent trend is to adapt, which leads to more problems). The Middle-Eastern Armenian Diaspora is still raw, these Armenians still have some fight in them, we need to export them to Armenia instead of western states. The Armenians in western states are soft, they don't have a fighting will, they need to assimilate and move on with their lives because they are not doing squat for the Armenian people. Understand "foreign aid" and or "foreign money" does not benefit the Armenian people, it just makes them more dependent on the Diaspora, when in fact they have to self sufficient.

Conversly, American-Armenians and European Armenians are for the most a handjob of the state, they are brainwashed with foreign values (Which for the most part, destroy any love for themselves) and their lives are heavly integrated in the economic, politic, and social fabric of the respective western states they immigrated to, therefore, they are soft and useless to the Armenian people, we don't need them in Armenia and frankly, I don't think they have it in them to move back to Armenia. This is the reality I have come to, by the time Armenian-American xyz gets to adult age he has already betrayed all the core Armenian core values, there is nothing for him to defend and furthermore, he has tasted the "luxories" of these states and is not willing to give them up for the good of his people.
                      Last edited by Virgil; 12-01-2007, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X