Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

I like the sign the grandfather is holding
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Armenians arrested in Turkey.

A large number of Armenian nationals have been arrested in Turkey in recent days for violating the country’s immigration rules, an Istanbul-based Armenian diplomat said on Monday.
      Between childhood, boyhood,
      adolescence
      & manhood (maturity) there
      should be sharp lines drawn w/
      Tests, deaths, feats, rites
      stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

I think its shameful and embarrassing, that these people are there in the first place.

Comment

Armenian Terrorists at Work in U.S

Part-I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a1c_...eature=related

Part-II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6JQf...eature=related

Part-III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bblzd...eature=related

Part-IV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tljTd...eature=related
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
            I think its shameful and embarrassing, that these people are there in the first place.
            I agree with this statement, I know a Armenian that is from Turkey, today she told a fellow friend, "I am going home to Istanbul", are these people retarded? How can you call Istanbul your home?

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
              I agree with this statement, I know a Armenian that is from Turkey, today she told a fellow friend, "I am going home to Istanbul", are these people retarded? How can you call Istanbul your home?
              Most of them are the descendants of Armenians who had migrated from the Armenian homeland in Anatolia and the Caucasus. Many Armenians from Erivan and Karabakh moved further west because of the genocidal Kurds and Safavids (where there were just more Kurds and Ottoman Turks). I suppose it is understandable that under the tyrannical Ottoman empire they chose to move to the safest possible place - the capital.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                Most of them are the descendants of Armenians who had migrated from the Armenian homeland in Anatolia and the Caucasus. Many Armenians from Erivan and Karabakh moved further west because of the genocidal Kurds and Safavids (where there were just more Kurds and Ottoman Turks). I suppose it is understandable that under the tyrannical Ottoman empire they chose to move to the safest possible place - the capital.
                Yeah, I understand Tom, Armenians are displaced everywhere, but how can you live in Turkey knowing full well the reason you are displaced is the because of the very government that you pay taxes towards? It is life style I could not live and certainly would not want to pass over to the next generation, servitude under a government that tried to wipe out my ancestors, sorry, just not for me.

Comment

By the way, why do you make it a point to justify this? Sorry if this sounds "confrontational"...ok, let me ask you, honestly, does it make you proud or does it make you feel somehow "civilized" or "above it" to advocate this stance? I have noticed that among Armenians, they make it a point to defend Turkish-Armenians. I will be honest, when I run into a Turk in real life or on the boards, I feel belittled when they tell me "hey, you know Armenians live in Turkey, they are 'respected citizens'" or somthing along those lines, how are they respected citizens when the government represses them or are they being repressed at all? What is real story because I am hearing a double story, on one end these people claim that their identity is being repreased, you have Hrant Dink being assasinated, on the other hand, you have the patriarch of the Istanbul Armenian church walking hand in hand with Turkish diplomats, what is up with that? So which is it and why do they walk the fence? And don't say its "politics", because its not "politics", I see no point to them being there, what is the "political struggle" they are enduring? Repopulating Turkey with Armenians? Fighting genocide denial? Sorry, someone has to clarify this, Turks are making Armenians look like asses outside of Turkey, you people need to get your act together, either assimilate or move out, don't walk the fence, well, that is my opinion.

And this is the same with the majority of Armenians living into the Middle-East, what the xxxx are you doing there? Go to Armenia, its like 2 countries away, is Armenia really that bad? Is it worse than Iran and Lebannon or Syria? I don't get it, its mind boggling somtimes. I ask some Paskahye (Make Paskhahye into Lebenese Armenian, same example, not picking anyone), "hey, Paskahye xyz, why are you listening to Persian music and speaking Persian in America? Didn't you leave Iran under the pretense of being 'persecuted for your beleifs'"? I recall one older Paskahye gentlemen saying somthing along the lines that Iranians use to call Armenains "Sag Ermani" (Armenian dog in Persian) on a daily basis, now all of a sudden, when in the US, they embrace Persian culture more than the Armenian culture?

Understand I respect Middle-Easterners, but you have to consider two things here, in the Middle-East Armenians do not have it "easy", yeah, maybe for political reasons you try to say that these governments are "nice to Armenians", but lets not lie to ourselves here, you are Christian and they are Muslim, there exists HUGH prejudice overtones, so when you do come to a free and liberal society why embrace Persian, Turkish, and or Arabic culture? Are you guys really that deprived? Can someone explain this to me in a way where I can understand it because in Glendale and Watertown you have first generation Armenians think of themselves as more Middle-Easterner than Armenian, what is the deal? And do you agree with this? It is mind boggling sometimes, I don't get it.
                  Last edited by Virgil; 11-29-2007, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
                    And this is the same with the majority of Armenians living into the Middle-East, what the xxxx are you doing there? Go to Armenia, its like 2 countries away, is Armenia really that bad? Is it worse than Iran and Lebannon or Syria? I don't get it, its mind boggling somtimes. I ask some Paskahye (Make Paskhahye into Lebenese Armenian, same example, not picking anyone), "hey, Paskahye xyz, why are you listening to Persian music and speaking Persian in America? Didn't you leave Iran under the pretense of being 'persecuted for your beleifs'"? I recall one older Paskahye gentlemen saying somthing along the lines that Iranians use to call Armenains "Sag Ermani" (Armenian dog in Persian) on a daily basis, now all of a sudden, when in the US, they embrace Persian culture more than the Armenian culture?

Understand I respect Middle-Easterners, but you have to consider two things here, in the Middle-East Armenians do not have it "easy", yeah, maybe for political reasons you try to say that these governments are "nice to Armenians", but lets not lie to ourselves here, you are Christian and they are Muslim, there exists HUGH prejudice overtones, so when you do come to a free and liberal society why embrace Persian, Turkish, and or Arabic culture? Are you guys really that deprived? Can someone explain this to me in a way where I can understand it because in Glendale and Watertown you have first generation Armenians think of themselves as more Middle-Easterner than Armenian, what is the deal? And do you agree with this? It is mind boggling sometimes, I don't get it.
                    Because one Iranian Armenian told you he was mistreated doesn't mean that every Armenian there should leave. How about the mistreatment of Armenians in certain CIS countries (some have even been killed)? Why don't they move to Armenia? Is it that bad? Why don't the Armenians of Krasnodar (who have been there for centuries) pack up and leave before the Cossack nationalists strike again? They all speak Russian, so they shouldn't have any problems.

Before inviting Armenians from the Middle East, shouldn't the Armenian government try to stop so many people from emigrating? I'm not sure if Armenia can handle immigration from Iran, Lebanon or Syria today (as opposed to the Soviet period). Did you read about the Iraqi Armenian refugees in Hetq?

Comment

Because one Iranian Armenian told you he was mistreated doesn't mean that every Armenian there should leave. How about the mistreatment of Armenians in certain CIS countries (some have even been killed)? Why don't they move to Armenia? Is it that bad? Why don't the Armenians of Krasnodar (who have been there for centuries) pack up and leave before the Cossack nationalists strike again? They all speak Russian, so they shouldn't have any problems.
                      You are abosolutly right, it does not make a difference where you are and does this not bother you? Think about it for a second, Armenians are treated like second class citizens, they are attacked on a daily basis, but they opt to stay as second class citizens, does not seem strange to you? It seems very strange to me. In some of the countries Armenians find themselves in the standard of living is worse than the standard of living in Armenia, does this not sound strange to you? I don't get it, you have Armenians that opt to live in the slums of some ass backwards third world country when they can have a much better lifestyle in Armenia.

Tom, listen bud, its not "one Iranian", you are misunderstanding the point, in Iran and else where in the Middle-East there exists a vast difference in treatment if you are of a different faith other then Iran, I know, I have realitives (And maybe you do, and maybe they are treated like sultans) that still live in Iran. For the most part they are out of harms way, but they live in a state of fear because on a constant basis muslim Iranians are investigating the actions of their Christians neighbors in order to implicate of breaking Islamic laws, they live in a state of fear. If you ask any Armenian from Iran how Iranians "really" view and treat them, most will tell you that in Iran Armenians are a second class citizen. Now, again, understand, I am not saying that "prejudice" and "racism", what ever, "biggotary", does not exists anywhere else and, certainly, this is not a attack on Iran, Iranians, the Middle-East, or Islam, I just want find it strange that you have Armenians willing to live in such conditions and when they do come to United States they still opt to partake in the cultural ways of the host nations they were previously from. Does this register with anyone on the boards? Are you really that ignorant to reality? And are you not offended or does it all not strike any emotions in you? For me I sometimes ponder about the situation and I don't understand it the reasons behind their actions unless...

Most Armenians have considered their "Armenian identity" as a suppliment identity, and in the grand scheme of things this make sense...

Originally posted by TomServo
                      Before inviting Armenians from the Middle East, shouldn't the Armenian government try to stop so many people from emigrating? I'm not sure if Armenia can handle immigration from Iran, Lebanon or Syria today (as opposed to the Soviet period). Did you read about the Iraqi Armenian refugees in Hetq?
                      Tom, buddy, again, this goes back to my previous point, this is all connected, think it though, essentially, you want the Armenian government to stop emigration, but at the same time you have a co-view that "Diaspora can help Armenians", both views create a self fulling prophacy. I don't want to get into this and I read about the refugees in Hetq, but you are missing the point. At least let us agree here, do you think that by staying in Iraq, were those Armenians better off? And would they be able to maintain their idenity in the long run? And if supposing they could, don't you think it would have a been a harder move if they were to stay in Iraq and then on a later date move to Armenia? Ok, one last question...really, are you telling me that under Hussain they were better off versus living under Bobby's regime? Does this make sense to you? It sure as hell does not make sense to me, when my grandparents immigrated here from the Middle-East the last thing on their minds was to partake in "middle-eastern culture", but I am not seeing the same "mentality" nowadays, its scary, you live under religious oppression and you still opt to remain under the influences of these religious oppression (i.e. listening to Middle-Eastern music and partaking in Middle-Eastern culture) even when you are living in a secular state.

Going back to Turkey, do you honestly believe those Armenians are benefiting the "Armenian cause" staying in Turkey? And don't feel that it is at some level a insult to the Armenian people when because of them Turkey slaps "fair treatment" in the face of Armenians?

I have my VERY staunch personal opinions on this, but I don't want to share it at this time, I just want to see what you or other board members think about this, really, is this "normal"? Really think about it, are these actions normal considering the treatment of Armenians historically (i.e. you have Persian, Turkish, and Russian conquest)?
                      Last edited by Virgil; 11-30-2007, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X