Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

I think polarization has been a big problem between the diaspora and Armenia for a long time now. This is another reason why i so strongly reccomend that the diasporans go to Armenia and understand their country and people better so we can talk in a more unicen voice. While the diaspora is more concerned about justice for past events, the people in Armenia are more concerned about improving the lives of their childeren. Many times the attainment of these two goals means contradictory actions are needed and this is not good for our country. No one will get justice while Armenia is a weak state so if you want justice you start by building a strong state which is impossible to do under isolation. Open borders are a part of building a stronger state. We do have to keep in mind that it is the turck we are dealing with and we must never forget what they have done to us but even the most bitter of enemies will find ways to work togather if it benefits them both.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Why is President Serge Sarsgyan accepting telephone calls from a foreign minister? He should be demanding to be talking to an equal ranked leader, Barack Obama. Hillary can talk to Edward.
      Federate

In order to arrange the conditions of this unconditional relations with Turkey you need to speak to the president.
      As long as nobody else is listening in it can be classified as unconditional !!
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        What is this insult? Why is President Serge Sarsgyan accepting telephone calls from a foreign minister? He should be demanding to be talking to an equal ranked leader, Barack Obama. Hillary can talk to Edward.
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Serzh Sargsyan and Hillary Clinton discussed RA-Turkish relations
        21.09.2009 12:51 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ RA President Serzh Sargsyan had a telephone conversation with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The conversation focused on current stage of RA-Turkish rapprochement, RA President’s press service reported.

http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=36642
        Barack is too busy following Kanye West's career... the jackass. I'm not so sure Barack is a step up from Hillary... just like any American corporation, the higher up the ladder you go, the more incompetent and clueless management becomes.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Barack is too busy following Kanye West's career... the jackass. I'm not so sure Barack is a step up from Hillary... just like any American corporation, the higher up the ladder you go, the more incompetent and clueless management becomes.
          Not that i am a Obama fan or anything (eventhough i did vote for him), but he has his hands full fighting the insurance lobby at home for now and all nations use their secretaries to deal with other heads of states, this is niether new nor insulting. As for managewment your statement is a common misconception, the entire philosophy of the corporation flows downward the chain of command, the impression you describe is due to the fact that it is impossible for lets say a ceo to manage every detail by him or herself.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Not that i am a Obama fan or anything (eventhough i did vote for him), but he has his hands full fighting the insurance lobby at home for now and all nations use their secretaries to deal with other heads of states, this is niether new nor insulting. As for managewment your statement is a common misconception, the entire philosophy of the corporation flows downward the chain of command, the impression you describe is due to the fact that it is impossible for lets say a ceo to manage every detail by him or herself.
            I didn't mean to pick on Obama, I have come to find that's just the way things work. The president like the CEO of a company is the last one to know about what is going on. He isn't a dictator, he is forced to make decisions on the information he is given. In a corporation there are board members and share holders that have more say into what goes on in the company than the CEO. Most of the time, the CEO like the president is just a yes man.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I didn't mean to pick on Obama, I have come to find that's just the way things work. The president like the CEO of a company is the last one to know about what is going on. He isn't a dictator, he is forced to make decisions on the information he is given. In a corporation there are board members and share holders that have more say into what goes on in the company than the CEO. Most of the time, the CEO like the president is just a yes man.
              Nah bro this is one title that people realy do want because it is raw power! The ceo is not a yes man(unless it is GM we are talking about). The ceo makes the and oks the company strategy, policy, pfilosophy... No one pays millions of dollars to a yes man (unless its GM). If you have a yes man as your ceo you end up like GM. Ford has a good CEO and that is what most companies want (unless your GM).
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                Nah bro this is one title that people realy do want because it is raw power! The ceo is not a yes man(unless it is GM we are talking about). The ceo makes the and oks the company strategy, policy, pfilosophy... No one pays millions of dollars to a yes man (unless its GM). If you have a yes man as your ceo you end up like GM. Ford has a good CEO and that is what most companies want (unless your GM).
                GM by its sheer size is bigger than the U.S. government... probably only trailing behind the U.S. industrial military complex. Once something gets so big, it's damn near impossible to control. Ford's CEO knows how to cut costs, but I think he's still in over his head. There is so much red tape in that company that it's too damn hard to turn a profit. Henry Ford never wanted a union. What is saving their butt is Ford of Europe. Ford is pretty well developed in Turkey as well.

Comment

GM by its sheer size is bigger than the U.S. government... probably only trailing behind the U.S. industrial military complex. Once something gets so big, it's damn near impossible to control. Ford's CEO knows how to cut costs, but I think he's still in over his head. There is so much red tape in that company that it's too damn hard to turn a profit. Henry Ford never wanted a union. What is saving their butt is Ford of Europe. Ford is pretty well developed in Turkey as well.
                  The ceo for ford is a forward looking man, he didnt just cut costs, he did it at the right time, and he reactivated plants at the right time also. Ford has reopened big plants to fill in the void left by gm and chrysler and is taking their market share. Gm had a bunch of yes men but ford is different, i just wish i had money to buy its stock when it was so low caus i knew it was gona go way up. I think we are drifting off topic here though.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Serzh Sargsyan: No 100% guarantee for RA-Turkish rapprochement to succeed
                    21.09.2009 12:56 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ “Yerevan’s initiative to invite Turkish president to Armenia and start negotiations for establishment of diplomatic relation and opening borders with Turkey is not a pre-planned program but an attempt to create an acceptable atmosphere, enabling a dialogue between neighboring countries,” RA President Serzh Sargsyan said in an interview with Vesti TV channel.

“In the past, there were some unsuccessful attempts at normalizing relations both on Turkey’s and Armenia’s side. Even now there’s no 100% guarantee for RA-Turkish rapprochement to succeed,” the President stated. According to Serzh Sargsyan, both in Armenia and Turkey there are some forces wishing to wreck the process. “Some third parties also have such forces. Yet, as opposed to previous attempts at rapprochement, current one is based on openness and publicity,” he emphasized.

There’s a lot of mistrust and enmity between Armenian and Turkish societies, resulting from Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire. Normalization of ties requires political will of RA and Turkish authorities, as well as people's involvement in the process.

Serzh Sargsyan reminded that by the initial agreement between Yerevan and Ankara, no preconditions should have been set.
                    “I believe, Armenian Genocide recognition can’t be a precondition for RA-Turkish rapprochement. Otherwise, I wouldn't have started the process. Should negotiations be successful, leading to establishment of relations and opening of borders, we'll gain more support. If RA and Turkey fail to agree, more criticism will follow. Still, whatever I do, I do it with assurance, working in accord with my team,” RA President stated.

Should Armenian-Turkish dialogue fail because of Baku, the world will appraise the fact
                    21.09.2009 13:31 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ In perspective, not only RA and Turkey, but also Azerbaijan will benefit from RA-Turkish rapprochement, RA President Serzh Sargsyan said in an interview with Vesti TV channel. “Turks and Azeris keep repeating they are one nation living in different countries. I do not argue, but should Armenian-Turkish dialogue fail because of Baku, international community has to give appraisal to the fact,” he emphasized.

According to Serzh Sargsyan, by expressing a wish to see progress in NKR issue resolution, Turkey intends for Armenia to make unilateral concessions. Linking RA-Turkish dialogue with NKR issue spells no quick solutions to either of the problem, he added.

“Alternative communications, alternative roads are a must to any country, especially to Armenia, as a land locked state, located in unstable region, as proved by August 2008 events. But more is at stake here. I mean, the return of our region to natural international coordinate system,” Serzh Sargsyan stated.

the tone of the news is changing again, a while ago nothing could go wrong and now this hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                      the tone of the news is changing again, a while ago nothing could go wrong and now this hmmm....
                      This sounds more like what I thought should be happening....

Comment

Working...
                      X