Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    While I do not doubt that Armenians are great traders, that article is actually quoting some of these Armenian entrepreneurs themselves and they don't seem to be too optimistic. Besides this, how does Armenia expect to be in the middle of participating in regional projects when all regional projects (railroad, pipelines) include "Azerbaijan"? Our border is permanently shut with that country.
    It wont be shut for long, as i have been saying there is a plan designed for the caucuses by the big powers and Armenia is in the middle of it. The fears regarding the economy are similar to the fears of Armenia assimilating into turckey, dont forget we have been armenian much longer then turcks have been turcks.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      it wouldn't be a long battle - there would be little or no opposition and Turkish forces could be driving into the center of Yerevan within an hour of crossing the border. There were no defensive structures in Armenia during the Cold War, no massive army bases and vast stockpiles of weapons, because the Soviets realised that Armenia was undefendable in a conventional war - Armenia has been undefendable in a conventional war ever since the bulk of its historical territory was lost after WW1. But everything else you wrote is true. And, as America has found, merely capturing a place and then controlling it on paper means nothing - a $20
      roadside bomb, or a 20c sniper's bullet, can kill a solder that cost a million dollars to train and equip.
      We will welcome you in Turk. hahaha

The Armenian Wedge will hold even if you take Yerevan.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        It wont be shut for long, as i have been saying there is a plan designed for the caucuses by the big powers and Armenia is in the middle of it. The fears regarding the economy are similar to the fears of Armenia assimilating into turckey, dont forget we have been armenian much longer then turcks have been turcks.
        The only way the border with Azerbaijan will be opened is if we either hand Artsakh in its entirety back or if we hand the liberated territories around the fictitious NKAO back and somehow they accept this. Neither of these "solutions" are settling the conflict in Armenia's favour and I would never support the "return" of an inch of land to Azerbaijan. I also doubt Armenia's leadership would be ready to accept any of these two scenarios though with Serge I am not too sure anymore since the buffoon had already decided Agdam is not Armenian a few years back only to be made look like an imbecile with the discovery of Tigranakert in 2005.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          We will welcome you in Turk. hahaha
          He is not Turkish. Everyone stop with the provocations and concentrate on the topic please. Thank you.

Comment

He is not Turkish. Everyone stop with the provocations and concentrate on the topic please. Thank you.
            My bad............but I think cat already knows I like him, regardless where he is from.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
              Guess that Turkey declared war upon Armenia, and somehow Russia did not stand against it and after long battles Turkish Army entered Yerevan...

So what? It is full of Armenians, Turks would not be able to control that land. And there is nothing to gain from it, no sources no seaports.. Ankara already has everything that Armenia also has.

There would be serious problems with EU and UN.. Probably there would be an embargo, most probably would lost her NATO membership; economy would be damaged, would be a radical country such as Iran and N. Korea...

lots and lots of loses just for a small land.

I do not think that would be possible... As long as ultra-fascists dont take the control.. even NMP can not take that risk.
              Think of everything you just said and now replace Armenia with Cyprus. Sure, no Turks in Armenia but do you really think there will be international pressure against Turkey?
              Last edited by Federate; 10-05-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

The only way the border with Azerbaijan will be opened is if we either hand Artsakh in its entirety back or if we hand the liberated territories around the fictitious NKAO back and somehow they accept this. Neither of these "solutions" are settling the conflict in Armenia's favour and I would never support the "return" of an inch of land to Azerbaijan. I also doubt Armenia's leadership would be ready to accept any of these two scenarios though with Serge I am not too sure anymore since the buffoon had already decided Agdam is not Armenian a few years back only to be made look like an imbecile with the discovery of Tigranakert in 2005.
                What you me or Serj think is irrelavent. You and i have as much power to change Armenias destiny as Serj does. The azeris and the armenians will accept whatever mother Russia tells them to accept. The only true battle raging in the caucuses for well over a decade now has been the one between usa and russia and in my opinion russia won this battle thus it will do as it pleases there. Lucky for us it needs a anti turckish wedge and we are it. Perhaps being refered to as a wedge is demeaning but i figure the bigger the wedge the happier russia is so i think we will hold on to much of our gains but i dought all of it. Once the peace treaty with the azeris is signed you will see huge developments in Armenia which will render the usa controlled georgia completely useless. Russia will do this to prove a point and to punish georgia till it accepts a russian puppet vs a usa one. Russia has a proven strategy for controling its neighbors, it does not let one get too much stronger then the other, this way it can dominate them both. Under Russia the caucuses can become a great place, the center of business..which will benefit all involved parties but it has no interest in making Armenia any more powerful then it needs her to be. People don't look at things in perspective and prefer to think in terms of how things ought to be vs how they are or really can be. This is human nature but to survive one needs to be able to control ones own nature.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

If Armenia is the kind of Russian satellite that you portray it to be, Russia would be smart to not antagonize the current Armenian republic with the Armenian diaspora. Armenia's national integrity is of Russia's best interests. Armenian organizations outside the border will not really consider the Russia factor either because it is an emotionally charged issue.

Moreover, the protocols are more favourable to Turks and also improve their image in Europe, which would make Turkey's EU accession easier. In the big picture, is Turkey's easy accession to the EU (thus strengthening it) advantageous to Russia? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Our state hired employees/politicians claim that using the “historical sub-commission" they can convince the Turks that AG happened.

They “don’t know” that every single Turk in Turkey knows that it happened.

Meanwhile every intelligent creature knows that they don’t recognize it, because they are not willing to return the Armenian land and homes they, or their compatriots are living in.

But our FM and “State employees” can do it, I’m “sure”, if they would cry bitterly.

Turks, after several decades of discussions, will declare that the sub commission could not come to a unanimous conclusion on AG, therefore the Genocide claim is not proved.

It didn’t happen.

In this protocol Armenia made all the possible/impossible concessions that could be done. And Turkey made just one concession and agreed to listen while the Armenian “politicians” who would try to prove AG, by crying. But they didn’t pre-sign that their conclusion will be positive for the weepers.
                    Last edited by gegev; 10-05-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
                      If Armenia is the kind of Russian satellite that you portray it to be, Russia would be smart to not antagonize the current Armenian republic with the Armenian diaspora. Armenia's national integrity is of Russia's best interests. Armenian organizations outside the border will not really consider the Russia factor either because it is an emotionally charged issue.

Moreover, the protocols are more favourable to Turks and also improve their image in Europe, which would make Turkey's EU accession easier. In the big picture, is Turkey's easy accession to the EU (thus strengthening it) advantageous to Russia? I seriously doubt it.
                      Russia is hardly anatagonizing the Armenian republic, it is russia that has protected and developed it for the last 90+ years. If armenian organizations outside the borders do not consider the "russian" factor then they will never achieve any meaningful goals, kind of like they have done for a long time now. The open borders will be far more advatagous to Armenia then for Turckey, i actually worry about the turcks closing the border after opening it for a little while. As for Turckey i it is hard to say if eu assention is in Russias interest or not but it would be in Armenias interest to have a eu country next door for both security and trade purposes.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X