Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Turkish Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    In return we get peace backed by the big powers and another open border with more possibilities.
    This thought is what revolutionaries in the Ottoman Empire promised, the communists in Russian Armenia promised, those who fought for the CIA/KGB in Beirut promised, and everyone promises when they are selling a dream.

I would never put the security of my people into the hands of odars. How many civilians died or suffered because they were loyal to/trusted the Ottomans? Russian Imperialists? Russian communists? CIA? Israel? Palangists?

Worst of all, trusting a Turkish government, one that promises loyalty to Azeris over and over and promising to return Artsakh to Azerbaijan.

This is why I give the Turkish credit...they're so sharp politically, that when they cut, it doesn't even feel painful.

You really haven't read much about Armenian history, if you can just throw out that statement like that. I mean no disrespect by that, and I'm not saying you're stupid because you disagree...I'm just saying that our history is filled with volumes with our people saying and trusting the same, only to be let down.
    kurtçul kangal

Comment

Armenian forces are going to be defending the finalized borders so its not like we are dependant on foreighn powers entirely but i do think a international border gaurds will have a role to play here perhaps as observers atleast. You give the turcks too much credit, they are being pushed into this similar to us.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

To the Turks and Azeris, Armenian forces are occupiers. This is their daily language, what they say in every comment about Artsakh. Do you really think they will EVER accept Artsakhs Army in what they still consider Azerbaijani lands?

Regarding international forces, that is a pill we will swallow when the sickness gets that bad but its too early for that. International forces will ONLY act as observers. In Kosovo and Sudan and so many other places, they have never been able to stop an advancing army. Let us not forget that some pills can make you more sick than the initial sickness.

I don't want to sound like a typical, over-proud Armenian. I understand that we can't stand on our own two feet against Azerbaijan, Turkey, and the nations that thirst for their approval. I know that we must compromise on what we consider the current 'status quo' but not with the governments that are still using such strong language against Artsakh, Armenia, and especially the Diaspora. When the hard-talk stops from their sides, then we can also be willing to talk man to man (when we are first talked to as men).

To the turkish media, we are all terrorism loving ex-rebels from the ottoman empire. their attitude is 'good riddance' and their wish is that we stay a diaspora. we do not have children, mothers, and are far from civilized. we're devils that worship asala. go to the turkish embassy website, any american-turkish association website, or even turkish news websites and you'll usually see a whole section dedicated to Armenians and how evil we are, terrorism loving and out to spread lies about the poor, honorable Turkish people.
        Same for their sovietized turd cousins, azeris.
        kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          The most important opinion will be Russia's since it has by far the most influence in the region and many levers of control over Yerevan, and to a lesser extent over baku.
          Unfortunately, when we say Russia, today we primarily mean the oligarchy there holding the stakes (gas and oil) primarily via the gigantic Gasprom. None of what is taking place is to benefit to Armenia's genuine interests (whether Nabucco or South Stream) and even that of Russia to be honest. They are sacrificing Armenia for a short-term energy gains that will go into Russian pockets, they will of course throw few bones to the local 'Armenian' bosses. But you will see massive out-migration from Armenia as the nation has been turned into an "importer" for sometime and has nothing that even come close to Turkish production. We will lose the most important battle which is the demographic one as more Armenians will go to Turkey and more Turks and Kurds will come into Armenia. We are facing very serious crisis of even keeping the little chunk of historic Armenia, not to mention the squandering of our sacred Armenian Cause.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
            This thought is what revolutionaries in the Ottoman Empire promised, the communists in Russian Armenia promised, those who fought for the CIA/KGB in Beirut promised, and everyone promises when they are selling a dream.

I would never put the security of my people into the hands of odars. How many civilians died or suffered because they were loyal to/trusted the Ottomans? Russian Imperialists? Russian communists? CIA? Israel? Palangists?

Worst of all, trusting a Turkish government, one that promises loyalty to Azeris over and over and promising to return Artsakh to Azerbaijan.

This is why I give the Turkish credit...they're so sharp politically, that when they cut, it doesn't even feel painful.

You really haven't read much about Armenian history, if you can just throw out that statement like that. I mean no disrespect by that, and I'm not saying you're stupid because you disagree...I'm just saying that our history is filled with volumes with our people saying and trusting the same, only to be let down.
            You are right, as history proved it hundred times!

Some people are trying to find out miserable arguments to back up their fault.
            Last edited by gegev; 10-23-2009, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Very well put Alpha. You have done your homework as every Armenian should have. We paid the ultimate price for a completely flawed line of thinking that places Armenian interests in the hands of ruthless 'peace brokers.'

Comment

To the Turks and Azeris, Armenian forces are occupiers. This is their daily language, what they say in every comment about Artsakh. Do you really think they will EVER accept Artsakhs Army in what they still consider Azerbaijani lands?

To the turkish media, we are all terrorism loving ex-rebels from the ottoman empire. their attitude is 'good riddance' and their wish is that we stay a diaspora. we do not have children, mothers, and are far from civilized. we're devils that worship asala. go to the turkish embassy website, any american-turkish association website, or even turkish news websites and you'll usually see a whole section dedicated to Armenians and how evil we are, terrorism loving and out to spread lies about the poor, honorable Turkish people.
                Same for their sovietized turd cousins, azeris.
                If you don't want to sound like "a typical, over-proud Armenian", why are you so unhappy at having as your only mortal enemy a nation of 8 million people that you have to up-the-challenge to a nation of 80 or 90 million people. If you are serious, you have to move away from your mindset that Azerbaijan = Turkey.

I did not expand on my point about the state-level Armenian non-coperation regarding the issue of the Julfa graveyard destruction. The regime and the national psyche of Azerbaijan is genocidal in nature. It may not always be thus, but that is the condition it currently is in. Only a fool would make any agreement with such a regime and nation - yet that is what Armenian politicians are seeking to do. So it is essential for those politicians to minimise the indications of the actual nature of Azerbaijan. Those Azeris photographed smashing with pickaxes and sledgehammers the thousands of medieval gravestones at Julfa, the graves of Armenians dead some 500 years, would (if given the chance) be just as eager to smash them against the heads of the living population of Nagrno Karabakh.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I hope I've never implied that Azerbaijan = Turkey. They are a world different in many ways, even with their attitude towards Armenia/Artsakh.

I agree that you can't negotiate with a country that has evil intent, and a nations intent is visible by not just what their leaders state but what they allow to go uncorrected. Armenia plays the 'peace-lover' role as if its victim identity is threatened and that will be its salvation.
                  kurtçul kangal

Comment

Karabakh unlinked with Protocols: Ivanovski
                    13:11 / 10/24/2009

Russian Ambassador to Turkey Vladimir Ivanovski stated they support Armenia-Turkey reconciliation and initiative of Kurdish issue resolution, Turkish Radikal daily reports.

“After August 2008 war, speaking in the Turkish Foreign Ministry I said it is high time to normalize Armenia-Turkey relations. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov made a good figure Protocols signing in Zurich. Both Turkey and Russia wish for stability in the Caucasus. Russia has cozy relations both with Armenia and Azerbaijan. About 2.5 million Armenians and 2 million Azeris live in Russia. The settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh problem is crucial also for us, as stability in Caucasus proceed from our interests will have a positive impact on our problems’ solution in Dagestan and Chechnya. However, it is incorrect to link Karabakh issue with Armenia-Turkey Protocols.

PKK issue cannot create obstacles for Russian-Turkish relations and no anti-Turkish actions will be permitted in Russia. Moreover, PKK does not launch any political and military activities in Russia. Despite this, each time meeting with Turkish officials, we express our readiness to assist anyhow based on their provided facts. Regional peace and security is in general interest,” Ivanovski concluded.

Russia telling Turkey to shut the xxxx up and open the border and that they can forget about having influence in Artsakh. lol

Comment

Karo, that's interesting, but the Turks are always very open in how they feel about Artsakh. From asbarez.com, here's what turkeys foreign minister said to azeri dictator: "“We consider the occupied Azerbaijani lands our lands and will continue our struggle to release them. We think that these protocols will give an impetus to this process,” Davutoglu said,"
                      kurtçul kangal

Comment

Working...
                      X