Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Georgian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Georgian Relations

Originally posted by Nare View Post
    Petk e gnas Vrastan vorpeszi qo achkerov tesnes te ichqan enq het mnacel irencic.

The question should not be between LTP, RK and SS. They are equally bad. But it is indeed a fact that current govt is the main source of depopulation in Armenia.
    Half of population in Armenia only has one kid since they say they can't afford the second one. Numbers of our girls who can't have kids are steadily increasing. Moreover now numbers of our guys who can't have kids are increasing, something we didn't have before. Numbers of newborn babies dying is increasing.
    More people from Armenia want to migrate than from our neighbouring countries. All we get from Georgia is puri bakers but they get our "brains and our hands". And obviously as ungrateful as they are centuries later they will assimilate our people, change their surnames and claim all contribution is done by Georgians to Georgia while in reality more is done by Armenians in Tiflis than by their lazy and untalanted people.

Inchi masin enq xosum ete mer erkric aghjikner' arden massayakan gnum en Turqya marmnavatcharutyamb zbaghvelu kam erexa nayelu? vrastan arden gnum enq, Turqya gnum enq, mnum a Aderbejan el gnanq...

Diaspora is afraid of LTP to come to power so they try to act as if it is not as bad.NO, it IS very bad..replace LTP with someone, send bright people form Diaspora to lead the nation, whatever but we must change situation today otherwise tomorrow will be late...

People don't go after LTP because they love him, they go after him in the hope to get rid of current regime. How come Diaspora hasn't "produced" anyone that Armenia also can trust and go after? Again, it is still possible to do it today.

I have been to tiflis, and I was not impressed. 3 times someone came up to me and asked if I wanted to buy drugs. This has never happened to me in Yerevan or any other city in Armenia. So I don't know what georgia you are talking about, if you mean the US state, then yes it is a nice place, I've been there too.

So what impresses you, the fancy hotels you may have seen on the Black Sea coast? A number of them are owned by Armenians, but I bet you already knew that.

Armenians with real skills are not going to georgia, they will try Russia and the EU/US before ever thinking of going to georgia. The migration numbers are good indicators of where people are going, and the numbers do not suggest that georgia is a target.

Again, I do not disagree that Armenia has many issues which need to be fixed, and fixed soon. However, you are making it sound as if Armenia is doing so bad while our neighbors are so much more advanced than us, this is absurd and not true. Much of Europe is having population issues, their native populations are having 2 kids or less. But they are much richer than Armenia, and they also will have to deal with large, unintegrated, muslim populations who have high birth rates.

The Diaspora is afraid of levon because they do not want to lose their Homeland. But I wish more were afraid and understood who levon works for. He and his group would love to establish an anti-Russian government that would allow their western masters to have easier access to the energy resources of the Caucasus/Caspian region. Outlets like Armenianow and policy forum Armenia, are mere tools in the active drive to foment civil and political unrest in Armenia so as to bring about 'friendly', that is, servile government, much like the one in tiflis, or the one that's about to get kicked out in Cairo. So I actually wish more Armenians, not just in the Diaspora, would realize how much of threat levon and his crew are to Armenia.

I believe in the saying, 'people deserve the governments which they have'.

Armenia needs politico-social evolution not a western backed revolution.
    Last edited by Armanen; 02-06-2011, 09:17 PM.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post

I believe in the saying, 'people deserve the governments which they have'.
      No, clever and talanted Armenians don't deserve brainless and ugly Dodo Gago, Nemec Rubo, Lfik Samo, Tsaghik Rubo, Chernii Gago,etc...

Until they hold monopoly on everything in Armenia we will experience depopulation which you really don't want to see.

Who cares if we are pro or anti Russian, pro or anti Western, none of them is good for us, they all use us as it suits them, we need to build OUR country, and somehow without native population it is hard to do so, and I don't see Diaspora moving there, but I do see Diaspora loosing its Armenianess. In our community we only see old people.

Comment

The problem is a cultural one. Armenians like to cut and run when xxxx goes south, at least a large number of them. It is a testament to our ancient roots and the patriots left amongst us that we are still a people.

And I guess you have little or no understanding of international affairs and geopolitics if you can freely and without worry, make the claim that it does not matter if the government is pro Russia or not.

I don't know what community you reside in, but I can tell you that the white genocide is affecting all diasporas, not just the Armenian one.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

And I guess you have little or no understanding of international affairs and geopolitics if you can freely and without worry, make the claim that it does not matter if the government is pro Russia or not.

You guessed wrong, we were pro Russian when Russia left us open to Turkish massacres in 1918 selling beforehand weapons to Ataturk.

I am neither pro Russian nor pro Western, I am pro Armenian and for that our first task should be to get rid of oligarchs. Then people will be able to make business in their own country and will not leave it. Armenia is the only place where people are unable to make business and it is because of just a bunch of uneducated, arrogant of oligarchs.

Armenia unlike our neighbours survives exclusively with the money their family members send from abroad. And it means no family is full in Armenia, we are all torn apart which it its turn means we can't give the best childhood to our kids if father/mother/grandparents,etc are not around, many questions rise in family education,etc,etc.etc...

besides our problem is not only our immediate neighbors but also other Muslims. Their population is growing and they are getting more Islamized. What was their Mujahedins numbers in Artsakh liberation war? 2.500 or 3.500? How many will be next time?
          We need free from oligarchs, normal life to grow, to have kids, not to leave the country...

People are leaving the country because of total anarchy, abnormal laws which only serve the interests of oligarchs, injustice,etc.

What are the reasons of growing infertility of our girls and guys? Baby death toll?

Comment

You guessed wrong, we were pro Russian when Russia left us open to Turkish massacres in 1918 selling beforehand weapons to Ataturk.

I am neither pro Russian nor pro Western, I am pro Armenian and for that our first task should be to get rid of oligarchs. Then people will be able to make business in their own country and will not leave it. Armenia is the only place where people are unable to make business and it is because of just a bunch of uneducated, arrogant of oligarchs.

Armenia unlike our neighbours survives exclusively with the money their family members send from abroad. And it means no family is full in Armenia, we are all torn apart which it its turn means we can't give the best childhood to our kids if father/mother/grandparents,etc are not around, many questions rise in family education,etc,etc.etc...

besides our problem is not only our immediate neighbors but also other Muslims. Their population is growing and they are getting more Islamized. What was their Mujahedins numbers in Artsakh liberation war? 2.500 or 3.500? How many will be next time?
            We need free from oligarchs, normal life to grow, to have kids, not to leave the country...

People are leaving the country because of total anarchy, abnormal laws which only serve the interests of oligarchs, injustice,etc.

What are the reasons of growing infertility of our girls and guys? Baby death toll?
            like our neighbors, people are leaving to find jobs. They go to Russia to work, send money back home to feed there families. Armenia is second in the Caucasus according to the Democracy Index, ranked behind Georgia by a few points. They are ranked 103 while Armenia is 109. azerbaijan is last and that is a country with no laws, oligarchs in charge of everything, etc. Armenia is considered a Hybrid Regime.
            Armenia is a landlocked country with two of its borders blocked, ofcourse our neighbors are going to do better: Georgia has the ports and is a transit country, azerbaijan has oil, gas and ports. Think about this, before the azeris began making money off there oil Armenia's economy was actually doing better than theirs.

Comment

No, it seems I guessed correctly, not only did you bring up a historical example (not IR or geopolitics), but you falsely accuse Russians of doing what bolsheviks were responsible for. Do you know that a large chunk of the bolshevik leadership were not ethnic Russians, and many were in fact, joos? And do you also know that Slavs suffered more under the yoke of the bolsheviks than any other major ethnic group in the ussr? But we are digressing.

As for being pro-Armenia, that goes without saying, I think most Armenians, or at least the ones on this forum, are pro Armenia. You are failing to understand the importance that a pro-Russian position has for the survival and growth of Armenia. And likewise, the dangers of being like georgia, at least in terms of foreign policy and the make up of their government.

Armenia is far from being the only place with oligarchs. All nations have them. The issue is that Armenia is like a small pond or lake, the actions of a few are felt much more than in places like the US which is more like an ocean, and people can get away with being an oligarch. Furthermore, azerbaijan is a prime example of an oligarchy, but you keep treating Armenia as if it is worse, which it is not at all.

Lastly, before you try to scaremonger with islam, realize that Armenia's only normal neighbor is Iran, the favorite boggie man of the mainstream US media.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                like our neighbors, people are leaving to find jobs. They go to Russia to work, send money back home to feed there families. Armenia is second in the Caucasus according to the Democracy Index, ranked behind Georgia by a few points. They are ranked 103 while Armenia is 109. azerbaijan is last and that is a country with no laws, oligarchs in charge of everything, etc. Armenia is considered a Hybrid Regime.
                Armenia is a landlocked country with two of its borders blocked, ofcourse our neighbors are going to do better: Georgia has the ports and is a transit country, azerbaijan has oil, gas and ports. Think about this, before the azeris began making money off there oil Armenia's economy was actually doing better than theirs.
                Our neighbours have oil, gas and ports but they don't have what Armenians have; brains and ability to work hard.

If we can have oligarch free country with working laws being double blockaded will not be a major problem for us. People ARE leaving country now and the reason is first and for most rulling regime's anarchy, monopoly

Comment

No, it seems I guessed correctly, not only did you bring up a historical example (not IR or geopolitics), but you falsely accuse Russians of doing what bolsheviks were responsible for. Do you know that a large chunk of the bolshevik leadership were not ethnic Russians, and many were in fact, joos? And do you also know that Slavs suffered more under the yoke of the bolsheviks than any other major ethnic group in the ussr? But we are digressing.

As for being pro-Armenia, that goes without saying, I think most Armenians, or at least the ones on this forum, are pro Armenia. You are failing to understand the importance that a pro-Russian position has for the survival and growth of Armenia. And likewise, the dangers of being like georgia, at least in terms of foreign policy and the make up of their government.

Armenia is far from being the only place with oligarchs. All nations have them. The issue is that Armenia is like a small pond or lake, the actions of a few are felt much more than in places like the US which is more like an ocean, and people can get away with being an oligarch. Furthermore, azerbaijan is a prime example of an oligarchy, but you keep treating Armenia as if it is worse, which it is not at all.

Lastly, before you try to scaremonger with islam, realize that Armenia's only normal neighbor is Iran, the favorite boggie man of the mainstream US media.
                  Oh, so you are one of those for who it is not Russian state but XXX? lol

Then the same way we should not accuse Turkey for AG...

Or who were Nazis id Hitler were not German but Austrian?

Who cares of ethnic make up of leaders? It's Russia, Turkey and Germany, especially who said that today Russia is rulled by exclusively Russians? Even their Foreign Minister is Armenian.
                  It is Russia,Israel, Ukraine who are selling today weapons to Azerbaijan. It is Russian state which allows Russian nationalists to kill our guys there.
                  They have betrayed us many times for their interests. They are no better than West who did the same. We have only ourselves to rely on.

We are one of the cleverest nations ever, our people are contributing to other countries, we need to direct all our power for Armenia and many Armenians are ready but their works are hindered exactly by ruling corrupt regime. Comparing oligarchs in Armenia and in West is absurd. Average person in the West doesn;t even think of their oligarchs but in Armenia they close average guy's business to have monopoly over it leaving many families without bread. Armenia unlike West doesn't have middle class which is the core of the country.

Iran has good relations with us but their Islamic leaders not once raised voice of support to Azerbaijan. And I m talking about all other Muslim states who sent Mujahedins to fight us in Artsakh. With the growth of Islamic fanatics we are going to have more of them in our country and we need more people, more kids but today we are experiencing the opposite.

What are we even discussing here? The flow of immigration from Armenia is increasing and birth rate is decreasing.

Comment

Nare, you are making a big mistake, I don't know it if you do it on purpose or not.

If it were for the Russians, probably the genocide wouldn't have happened and the map of Armenia would have looked very differently.

From all countries Armenians are hurrying to enter the ranks of the glorious Russian Army, with their blood to serve the victory of the Russian Army... Let the Russian flag wave freely over the Dardanelles and the Bosporus, Let your will the peoples remaining under the Turkish yoke receive freedom. Let the Armenian people of Turkey who have suffered for the faith of Christ received resurrection for a new free life....[29]

Martin Gilbert in The First World War states that in search of allies against the Turks, the Tsar visited the "Caucasus front" on December 30, telling the head of the Armenian Church that "a most brilliant future awaits the Armenians".

—Nicholas II of Russia

Together with the Russians, the Armenians were winning on all fronts, until the black day came for ethnic Russians and Armenians, when the Bolsheviks took over power. This is were we lost Western Armenia, this was the beginning of the ''biggest'' Armenian genocide, not only in Western Armenia, but also (what most people tend to forget) our billions worth of property in Tbilisi and Baku (which was 95% Armenian owned).

Again it is annoying to discuss such thing with a person with such low knowledge as you, as you don't even understand the difference between the Bolshevik government and the current Russian government, (SS and the current german government), in Turkey, the current government is the same as the ''modern day'' SS and the Bolsheviks, nothing has changed.

Furthermore, I am the first person who is against monopolies and I can state (as I often visit Armenia and have numerous contacts) that things are going the right way, albeit not as fast as I want it. But it is our job, of all Armenians, to help our country. Armenia is a developing country, and what we have seen is that monopolies are being taken down since a few years, and this will continue in the future. The president isn't all mighty, something people tend to forget.

Armenians are ready but their works are hindered exactly by ruling corrupt regime
                    I like this sentence. You know, every time an Armenian says this, it means they never tried but only listened to rumors. I can tell you one thing, I have been active in Armenia for over a decade, and even in worse times I, my friends and relatives have accomplished a lot in Armenia, I am not speaking about how extremely easy it is today to do business in Armenia or something else that helps our country. I, nor my friends, nor my family has ever experienced any problem with the government, you just have to do it the ''European'' way, and everything by law. It also helps to say you are getting support from European government and are making a ''documentary'' on how to do business, etc and thus the reason why you want to film the process. Anyway, there are dozens of ways to help our country.

The thing is, lazy, stupid, unintelligent, greedy people are the ones who are constantly shouting ''we can't do anything'', ''the government is corrupt'', ''everybody wants to help but the regime doesn't let them''. BULLxxxx. STOP your lies. ''We'' are smarter than them (the corrupt ones, because there are also enough patriotic and good persons in our government today), and slowly but steadily we must ''infiltrate'' from the inside and take over power. That is what we are currently doing.

And last, the biggest reason people are leaving Armenia is because of our dim economic prospects. The situation would have been very different if we at least would have a connection to a sea, or a stable country (Iran is blockaded and Georgia is the same xxxx as Azerbaijan). If we use our brains, we need to have good export routes, and unfortunately just don't have it. Plus, Armenians are not as Turks or Azerbaijanis, every Armenian wants to become a ''millionaire'' as a matter of speech, so most of the Armenians don't take granted what they have and want to go to Los Angeles where you can pick up dollars on the street or Europe where you don't have to work to get rich. Anyway, there are dozens of other factors than your constant wining about ''oligarchs'', which of course should be taken care of.
                    Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-07-2011, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Bolsheviks sold us and our lands to the Turks/Azeris.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X