Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Georgian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artashes
    replied
    Re: Armenian Georgian Relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Georgia having normal relations with Russia is marvellous for us. Georgia is like Ukraine. Color Revolution -> Realises being lodged into West's a$s is not practical -> Recoil to the 'middle ground'.
    ------- being lodged into the west's as$ ---------
    Great discription Moss

Leave a comment:

• Mos
    replied

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Ivanishvillii's visit seemes to have made some good progress and is seen as a positive development by over 60% of Georgians who also want better relations with Russia. On the other hand there is shakasvilii who is trying to start a panac and undermine everything the PM tries to do. I am glad georgians are taking a more rational approach to their foreign policy and Shakasvillii is becoming more and more seen as a neocon natzi scumbag that he is.
    Georgia having normal relations with Russia is marvellous for us. Georgia is like Ukraine. Color Revolution -> Realises being lodged into West's a$s is not practical -> Recoil to the 'middle ground'.

Leave a comment:

• Vrej1915
    replied

Վրաստանում ստեղծվել է հանձնաժողով հայկական եկեղեցիների հարցով
    Ուրբաթ, 25 Հունվարի 2013,

Վրաստանի մշակույթի նախարարության նախաձեռնությամբ մի քանի օր է` գործում է փորձնական հանձնաժողով, որն ուսումնասիրում է Վրաստանի հայկական եկեղեցիների վիճակը: Այս մասին Lragir.am-ին տեղեկացրեց «Բազմազգ Վրաստան» կազմակերպության նախագահ, Թբիլիսիի հայերի ասամբլեայի համակարգող Առնոլդ Ստեփանյանը` նշելով, որ որոշվել է փորձնական հանձնաժողով ստեղծել Վրաստանի վարչապետ Բիձինա Իվանիշվիլիի` Երևան կատարած այցից հետո:
    Հանձնաժողովում ընդգրկված են մշակույթի նախարարության, Հայ Առաքելական եկեղեցու վիրահայոց թեմի, վրաց ուղափառ եկեղեցու և երկու հասարակական կազմակերպությունների` «Բազմազգ Վաստանի» և «21-րդ դարի» մասնագետները: Հանձնաժողովի անդամները շրջում են հայկական եկեղեցիներում, գնահատում, իրավիճակը, որից հետո կներկայացնեն իրենց առաջարկությունները: Նախնական ընտրվել է հինգ եկեղեցի, որոնք գտնվում են խիստ վթարային վիճակում և վերականգնման կարիք ունեն: Դրանք են Սուրբ Նորաշեն, սուրբ Մինաս, Կարմիր Ավետարան, Սուրբ Նշան և Մուղնու Սուրբ Գևորգ եկեղեցիները: Հունվարի 23-ին մասնագետներն արդեն եղել են Սուրբ Նորաշեն եկեղեցում և ծանոթացել իրավիճակին:
    «Այս փուլում խոսք է գնում եկեղեցիների վերականգնման և պահպանման մասին, սակայն թե ինչ արդյունք կտա հանձնաժողովի աշխատանքը, դեռ վաղ է ասել»,- նշեց Առնոլդ Ստեփանյանը: Նա նաև ասաց, որ հայտնի չէ` հանձնաժողովի աշխատանքն այս ձևաչափով կշարունակվի, թե խնդրի լուծման համար միջկառավարական հանձնաժողով կստեղծվի: «Մի քանի տարբերակ կա` կամ այս ձևաչափով կշարունակվեն աշխատանքները, կամ միջկառավարական հանձնաժողով կստեղծվի: Բայց կարևորն այն է, որ կոնկերտ քայլեր արվեն, և արդյունքները տեսանելի լինեն»,- ասաց Ստեփանյանը:
    Նշենք, որ Թբիլիսիի մեր աղբյուրները հայտնում են, որ Վրաստանի վարչապետ Բիձինա Իվանիշվիլին նախքան Հայաստան կատարած այցն է իր շրջապատում քննարկել Վրաստանում գտնվող հայկական եկեղեցիների պահպանման հարցը:

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Ivanishvillii's visit seemes to have made some good progress and is seen as a positive development by over 60% of Georgians who also want better relations with Russia. On the other hand there is shakasvilii who is trying to start a panac and undermine everything the PM tries to do. I am glad georgians are taking a more rational approach to their foreign policy and Shakasvillii is becoming more and more seen as a neocon natzi scumbag that he is.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Well how about that-a politition doing what he promised-it is so refreshing. I hope this means improvments for the people living in southern Georgia.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Chakhalyan Released from Georgia Prison

AKHALKALAK, Javakhk—Georgian authorities on Thursday released Georgian-Armenian activist Vahagn Chakhalyan, who was serving a 10-year sentence for alleged weapons possession and inciting unrest, his lawyers reported.

Chakhalyan was arrested by Georgian authorities on July 21, 2008. He was given a 10-year sentence for “organization of large-scale events, public disturbance, hooliganism and illegal possession of weapons,” based on falsified evidence. Vahagn Chakhalyan’s case is currently being studied at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.

Chakhalyan, accompanied by friends and colleagues who were gathered at the prison, went to the Holy Etchmiadzin Church in Tbilisi, where he was greeted by the Primate of the Georgian Diocese Bishop Vasgen Mirzakhanyan.

Chakhalyan was greeted at the church by Armen Gevorgyan and Ruben Shekoyan, two Armenian political prisoners who were released on January 13 in accordance with a parliamentary amnesty decision.

His Holiness Karekin II, Catholicos of All Armenians also spoke to Chakhlyan by phone, sending his blessings to the newly released activist.

Chakhalyan left the Tbilisi church and headed home to Akhalkalak, Javakhk.

Head of the “Strong Homeland” party, Shirak Torosyan, told Yerkir Media that Georgian-Armenian organizations, as well as the Georgian Diocese played a large role in securing Chakhalyan’s release.

“We are encouraged by the new Georgian government’s recent release of Vahagn Chakhalyan and other Armenian activists, from Javakahk and across Georgia, who were improperly jailed simply for the free expression of their ideas and aspirations,” said Armenian National Committee of America Executive Director Aram Hamparian.

“We welcome these first signs of a more tolerant and pluralist atmosphere in Georgia, and hope that a new, positive approach to the nation’s ethnic and civic diversity will open the door to the cooperative and comprehensive solutions needed to bring about enduring improvements for the Armenian population and all of Georgia’s citizens,” added Hamparian.

During a visit to Armenian last week, Georgia’s Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili said the “ball is now in my court,” to fulfill campaign promises regarding the improvement of conditions for the Armenian population of Javakhk.

Speaking to RFE/RL’s Armenian service, Ivanishvili pledged to do his best to improve the situation in Georgia’s Javakhki region mainly populated by Armenians. Most of them voted for his Georgian Dream alliance in the October elections.

“The Georgian opposition has never received so many ethnic Armenian votes before,” said Ivanishvili. “I want to again thank [Javakhk Armenians.] I gave them many promises. I won’t list those promises now. But I guarantee that the ball is now in my court.”

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

GEORGIA'S IVANISHVILI SAYS 'BALL IN MY COURT' ON JAVAKHK

Thursday, January 17th, 2013

President Sarkisian greets Georgian Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili

YEREVAN-Georgia's Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili, who is on an
    official visit to Armenia, said the "ball is now in my court," to
    fulfill campaign promises regarding the improvement of conditions for
    the Armenian population of Javakhk, reported Radio Free Europe/Radio
    Liberty's Armenian Service on Thursday.

Speaking to RFE/RL's Armenian service, Ivanishvili pledged to do his
    best to improve the situation in Georgia's Javakhki region mainly
    populated by Armenians. Most of them voted for his Georgian Dream
    alliance in the October elections.

"The Georgian opposition has never received so many ethnic Armenian
    votes before," said Ivanishvili. "I want to again thank [Javakhk
    Armenians.] I gave them many promises. I won't list those promises
    now. But I guarantee that the ball is now in my court."

During his first visit to Armenia since becoming Georgia's prime
    minister Ivanishvili also pledged to seek the restoration of Georgia's
    railway communication with Russia, vital for Armenia, and help make
    Georgian-Armenian relations "ideal" during his first official visit
    to Yerevan on Thursday.

He also announced an ambitious initiative to end a long-running
    dispute between the government-backed Armenian and Georgian churches
    after holding talks with President Serzh Sarkisian and Prime Minister
    Tigran Sargsyan.

"I think Armenian-Georgian relations can today be considered normal
    and even good," Ivanishvili told RFE/RL's Armenian service in an
    exclusive interview. "We spoke about their future with your president
    and prime minister. I think we agreed that our centuries-old relations
    must become ideal and exemplary.

"This is what I personally and our new government are aiming for,
    and I felt the same desire by the Armenian government."

Ivanishvili, who swept to power after defeating Georgian President
    Mikheil Saakashvili's party in last October's parliamentary elections,
    was particularly satisfied with his "very warm" meeting with Tigran
    Sargsyan. "We spoke in such an atmosphere as if we have known each
    other since childhood," he told a joint news conference with his
    Armenian counterpart.

Ivanishvili spoke of "interesting decisions" adopted by them. "There
    are a few remaining issues that need further discussion, but I am
    confident that we will agree on them as well," he said.

One of the key issues on the agenda was Ivanishvili's post-election
    calls for the reopening of the railway linking Georgia to Russia via
    its breakaway region of Abkhazia. The railway, which used to serve
    as a lifeline road for landlocked Armenia, has been closed since the
    outbreak of a bloody war in Abkhazia in 1992. Successive Armenian
    governments have for years held out hope for its re-launch.

"I think that [the railway] will definitely be opened," Ivanishvili
    told RFE/RL's Armenian service later in the day. "We have discussed
    this issue today for two or three times. On our side, there is full
    readiness [to have it reopened.]"

"I feel that Russia is showing understanding for this issue. There
    are positive signals from our Abkhaz brothers," he said.

Ivanishvili explained that renewed rail communication between
    Georgia and Russia would be in line with his government's strategy of
    facilitating the eventual resolution of the conflicts over Abkhazia
    and South Ossetia through confidence-building measures.

The billionaire businessman-turned-politician, who made his huge
    fortune in Russia in the 1990s, has advocated a softer Georgian line
    on Moscow ever since entering the political arena in late 2011.

Georgia and Russia severed diplomatic relations after fighting a
    brief but bitter war in 2008.

Prime Minister Sargsyan said he reaffirmed Yerevan's strong interest in
    the reopening of the Abkhaz railway during the talks with his Georgian
    counterpart. "We stressed that we will make every effort to have the
    railway operate efficiently," he told reporters. "We are interested
    in a quick solution to that issue and will adopt a proactive stance
    in its settlement."

Most of the freight shipments to and from Armenia are currently
    carried out through the Georgian Black Sea ports of Batumi and Poti.

The Russian-Georgian rail link would make some of those deliveries
    cheaper and thus shore up the struggling Armenian economy.

According to Ivanishvili, Sarkisian also called for the creation of
    a Georgian-Armenian "common market." He said he likes idea.

In what was described as a further step towards bilateral economic
    integration, the two premiers presided over the signing of a
    Georgian-Armenian agreement on joint customs administration at the
    border between the two neighboring states. Yerevan had tentatively
    agreed on the joint use of the border checkpoints with Georgia's
    previous cabinet controlled by Saakashvili.

Ivanishvili also discussed in Yerevan the issue of worship sites
    claimed by the Armenian Apostolic and Georgian Orthodox Churches. The
    unresolved dispute centers on ownership of several formerly Armenian
    churches in Tbilisi as well as abandoned medieval monasteries in
    Armenia's Lori province bordering Georgia. The supreme heads of the
    two churches failed to reach any agreements during almost one week
    of negotiations held in June 2011.

Ivanishvili said he proposed that his private charity finance the
    renovation of all disputed churches "in both countries" pending a
    joint Georgian-Armenian study of their origin. "We could also do
    archaeological work there, which I'm also ready to finance through
    my fund," he said.

"I think this initiative was received well by the [Armenian] president
    and the prime minister," added Ivanishvili. "I think that we will set
    up a bilateral commission in a matter of days, start the process of
    restoration of these monuments and clarify their origin."

Ivanishvili discussed the matter at a separate meeting with Catholicos
    Karekin II at the Etchmiadzin headquarters of the Armenian Church. The
    Catholicos' office said the Armenian pontiff expressed hope for its
    "proper resolution."

Leave a comment:

• Vrej1915
    replied

Սահակաշվիլի. "Հայաստանում Իվանիշվիլիի հայտարարությունը մտահոգիչ է եւ հաշվի չի առնում Վրաստանի շահերը"
    17/01

Վրաստանի նախագահ Միխայիլ Սահակաշվիլին "հակապետական" է անվանել Վրաստանի վարչապետ Բիձինա Իվանիշվիլիի հայտարարությունը՝ Ռուսաստանի հետ երկաթուղային հաղորդակցության հնարավոր վերականգնման մասին:

"Իվանիշվիլիի հայտարարությունը, որը նա արել է Հայաստանում մտահոգիչ է եւ հաշվի չի առնում Վրաստանի ռազմավարական եւ աշխարհաքաղաքական շահերը",-հայտարարել է Սահակաշվիլին այսօր՝ հունվարի 17-ին կայացած բրիֆինգում:

Նրա խոսքով՝ ներկայումս նման երկաթուղու անհրաժեշտություն չկա, քանի որ Վրաստանն այլընտրանքային ելք ունի դեպի Եվրոպա՝ Ախալքալաք-Կարս երկաթուղով եւ այդ երթուղին մրցակից է առաջին հերթին Ռուսաստանի համար:

"Երկաթուղային հաղորդակցության վերականգնման հարցը պետք է լուծել միայն Աբխազիայի դեօկուպացիայի հարցը լուծելուց հետո կամ այդ հարցին զուգահեռ, քանի որ երկաթուղային հաղորդակցության վերականգնումը փաստացի նշանակում է Ռուսաստանի կողմից Աբխազիայի ճանաչման օրինականացում",- նշել է Վրաստանի նախագահը, հաղորդում է news.am-ը՝ "Նովոստի Գռուզիային" հղումով:

Հիշեցնենք, որ Երեւանում այսօր կայացած ասուլիսում, Իվանիշվիլին հայտարարել է, որ Աբխազիա-Վրաստան-Հայաստան երկաթուղային հաղորդակցության վերականգնումը հնարավոր է եւ վրացական կողմը բազմիցս պատրաստակամություն է հայտնել այդ հարցում: Իվանիշվիլիի խոսքով՝ այդ երկաթուղային հաղորդակցության վերականգնումը մեծ չափով կախված է Ռուսաստանի դիրքորոշումից: Նա նաեւ ընդգծել է, որ Վրաստանն այդ ուղղությամբ գործադրում է բոլոր ջանքերը:

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

TENSION AHEAD OF IVANISHVILI'S VISIT
    HAKOB BADALYAN

17:07 16/01/2013
    Story from Lragir.am News:

Ahead of the Armenian visit of the prime minister interesting
    developments are taking place in the Armenian-Georgian relations.

In particular, the coordinator of the Armenian Assembly of Tbilisi
    Arnold Asatryan has told tert.am that the statement by one of the
    candidates for president Vardan Sedrakyan that he will annex some
    territories of Georgia to have a border with Russia in case he is
    elected has caused an anti-Armenian surge in Georgia. Stepanyan says
    in Georgia they do not know anything about the serious or unserious
    prospects of this candidate and his statement has naturally appeared
    on the first pages of the press and caused anti-Armenian moods.

It is not ruled out that Georgia imagines the ratio of the candidate's
    seriousness to his non-seriousness, and they just needed a convenient
    opportunity to launch an anti-Armenian campaign. Furthermore, there
    are some groups in Georgia who would not miss a chance, and they will
    not even wait until a serious opportunity opens up.

One way or another, this incident may affect the Armenian-Georgian
    meeting. It is not ruled out that Georgia caused tension consciously
    to make sure Yerevan regrets for the candidate's statement and ensures
    that Armenia respects Georgia's territorial integrity and apologizes
    to the insulted Georgians.

In fact, there is no need for regret. It does not mean that Yerevan
    must reiterate the statement on taking the Georgian territory.

However, there is no need for regret. It does not mean that Yerevan
    must reiterate Georgia's statements. However, it does not mean that
    Yerevan must reiterate the statements on annexation of Georgia's
    territory. However, there is no need to account for every candidate's
    statement.

After all, Tbilisi did not feel ashamed to say that it joins
    Kars-Akhalkalaki project which is an Azerbaijani-Turkish project which
    will deepen the isolation of Armenia. Or official Tbilisi has never
    felt uneasy about infringements of the rights of Armenian community
    of Javakhk.

The Armenian-Georgian relation is very subtle considering that Armenia
    has transportation limitations. However, in the long run, it does not
    mean that Yerevan must always apologize. It will not resolve the issue,
    and the feeling of superiority over Armenians is growing in Tbilisi.

Meanwhile, the representatives of the Armenian community in Georgia
    should take care about their new level of self-organization rather
    than worry about the statements of an ethnographer who aspires to
    the post of president. Georgia has about 300 thousand Armenians,
    which is about 10% of Georgia's population but the influence of this
    community on Georgia's life will hardly be 0.1%.

This is an absurd situation. There is a discrepancy between the number
    and the influence. Meanwhile, the Georgian Armenian community could
    have been a factor which could bring content into the attitude of
    Georgia to its relationship with Armenia.

This relationship must be taken beyond the level of toasts or backstage
    deals when the sides reach a compromise through silence and inaction,
    enabling Georgia's minor aggressions against the Armenian factor
    in Georgia.

In the long run, it is not in Georgia's interests interests to
    look down to Armenia because this country's most sustainable ally
    in defending the country from Turkish-Azerbaijani expansion will be
    Armenia which has no strategic claims to Georgia and simply expects
    protection of the Armenian community of Javakhk in accordance with
    the Georgian legislation which applies to every citizen of Georgia.

Leave a comment:

• Artashes
    replied

How I wish I knew how to speak and read my own language.
    Artashes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X