Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Georgian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Georgian Relations

Originally posted by skhara View Post
    I am not sure if you are joking. Even Russia does not do that in todays political environment.
    It's more a case of wishful thinking. However, gaining an access to the Black Sea must be Armenia's most important long-term strategic task.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

If georgia were to disintegrate and we were able to get Javakh, do you think we'd have a good chance to get Ajara or not?

And yes I know it's a hard question with many variables and ifs/buts.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        ....do you think we'd have a good chance to get Ajara or not?.
        Irrelevant who's country's control it will be under in the short term. We have plenty in our plate yet to damage our northern frontier. At this time we should focus on our economy. We need to build the refinery in the south get a new nuclear power plant and build infrastructures towards Javakh and gradually towards the black sea. Let Russia discipline Georgia or what is left of it. Our expansion should be realized economically the geography will fallow (by itself). On the long term we have to polarize ourselves towards Russia. Once Iran does acquire a nuclear device it will have an expansion ambition the azeris will be the first to go. We have to be careful to keep our economy integrated with Russia if not we can become cannon fodder.

Comment

Panarmenian.Net held an interview with the chairman of the annalytical center "Mitk", Edward Abramian. (I have never heard of Mitk, but I am more interested in the observations).

He indicated that Armenia has no realistic chance in softening the anti-Armenian position of the Georgian government. He proposes a strategic plan of action.

1. Make Armenian influence in Adjaria a priority (economic and political). Presumably Armenian Russian diaspora and the Republic of Armenia can play a significant role.

2. At the same time, he wants the government of Armenia to become an advocate for the Armenian population of Javakh (Support their demands for autonomy and invest in the region economically while counteracting the Georgian attempts to assimilate the Armenian population.

He points out that by way of Javakh and Adjaria is the most realistic outlet for Armenians to access the black sea. Essentially he suggests carving out a pro-Armenian path through Georgia.

У Армении нет реальных возможностей смягчить антиармянскую позицию Грузии

Роль Армении в регионе могла бы быть намного выше и активнее чем, сейчас, и это не связано с вопросом НКР и блокадой Армении со стороны Турции. Об этом в интервью PanARMENIAN.Net заявил председатель аналитического центра «Митк», кандидат исторических наук Эдуард Абрамян. По его словам, роль Армении, из-за некомпетентности внешнеполитического ведомства и отсутствия гибкости внешней политики в регионе, сильно занижена. «У Армении нет столь реальных возможностей смягчить постепенно усиливающуюся антиармянскую позицию Грузии во внешней политике и противостоять антиармянской политике Тбилиси внутри страны. Этнополитическому антагонизму Тбилиси в отношении своих граждан-армян и в отношении самой Армении ничего не противопоставляется. Однако сама Армения могла бы стать неофициальным гарантом спокойного развития армянонаселенного Самцхе-Джавахка, полностью связав регион в экономическом и общественно-образовательном аспекте», - отметил он. Абрамян считает, что нужно способствовать усилению армянского экономического и, прежде всего, политического влияния на Аджарию путем способствования политической и территориальной автономизации Самцхе-Джавахка.

«Это вынудило бы Тбилиси часто прислушиваться к решениям Еревана. Аджария и Самцхе-Джавахк – это путь армянского государства к Черному мору, выход к которому может решить главнейший вопрос блокады государственности и нации в целом. Как ни странно, этот путь сегодня удачно проходит Баку в Квемо Картли, где открываются предприятия и заводы с азербайджанским капиталом, начался этап политической консолидации азербайджанского общества в Грузии путем создания единых региональных политических органов, каким стала Национальная ассамблея азербайджанцев Грузии и учрежденная в этом году единая политическая партия азербайджанцев Грузии. На фоне полного вымирания Самцхе-Джавахка как политического субъекта, Квемо Картли постепенно набирает обороты и уже сегодня имеет все шансы на постепенную автономизацию как в экономическом, так и в этнополитическом плане», - сказа он.

Что бы избежать катастрофы, по мнению аналитика, новоизбранному руководству Армении нужно будет активно пресечь грузинизацию и отток армянского населения из Самцхе-Джавахка хотя бы путем прямых инвестиций в экономику региона. «И лишь создав какие-то основы для перехода территориального объекта в реальный политический субъект, можно будет говорить о роли Армении не только в Грузии, но и во всем регионе», - подчеркнул Абрамян.

Comment

Comment

Very awsome video Lernakan

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                I really like the song! The performer sounds familiar, who is he?
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                  Very awsome video Lernakan
                  Yes I found it on youtube and really liked it so I wanted to share it with you guys. How have you been akhper? It's been a while since we've talked.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                    I really like the song! The performer sounds familiar, who is he?
                    Yeah I love the song! I don't know who the performer is but I'm sure I've heard more patriotic songs by him because his voice sounds familiar to me as well.

Comment

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Armenia should take every opportunity for recognition of Javakhk as autonomy, an ARFD Bureau member said.

“The ARFD backs Javakheti Armenians’ their struggle for autonomy within Georgia. However, we come across a wall of silence of Tbilisi and the international community. That is why, it’s time to convey a new impulse to the process,” Hrant Markarian said in his address to the ARF Dashnaktsutyun General Meeting.

The Armenian-inhabited Samtskhe Javakehti region is situated in the north of Georgia, the Tayk region of historical Armenia. Its population reaches 238 thousand people.

Comment

Working...
                      X