Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
    If it comes down to Der Pedrosyan or Serge Sarkissian, I call upon you all who have families in Armenia to advice them to vote for Der Pedrosyan.
    Us in diaspora tell Hayastancis for who they should vote? No thank you. Wasn't it you who had said that Diasporans need to but out of Armenia's politics.

I personally still remember the distrust, ridicule and even hatred with which everyone around me looked at Ter-Petrosian. As you know, in politics often the lesser of two evils is the best choice. The fact that Levon betrayed the trust of his people when he was in power makes him the greater of the two evils.

I think that 10 years later, the Armenians that are listening to him are sort of going through the democratic emotions. He's another voice and he's a real politician, by virtue of which he is worthwhile to listen to. When it comes time to vote though, memory will take over and all the pretty, reasonable speeches he has made won't make a difference.

Comment

I call upon the people of Armenia to vote for this man:

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
        They could have made the report much more severe. A very good report, nonetheless, Yedtarts. Do you know which television station this report was produced by?

The featured criminal traitor in question is obviously working for western interests, why else would he and his yenta wife come out of their safe rat hole and put their life at risk? Nevertheless, I am disheartened by the fact that there still are mentally retarded low-lives amongst us that would still support this pathetic agent.

However, I have a feeling that Serge Sarkisian and company are quite happy about his sudden appearance. What better person than "LTP" to make even the most corrupt Armenian official today look like a boyscout?
        I'm not so sure about the TV station, but according to my wife (by hearing the announcer’s voice) it's "H1 station". We also heard from Armenia that there was much better one just been broadcasted by "H1 station" yesterday (more severe), which according to my father-in-law they wiped the floors with "Ter Bedrosyan"
        Last edited by Yedtarts; 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
          I'm not so sure about the TV station, but according to my wife (by hearing the announcer’s voice) it's "H1 station". We also heard from Armenia that there was much better one just been broadcasted by "H1 station" yesterday (more severe), which according to my father-in-law they wiped the floors with "Ter Bedrosyan"
          I am still in shock that there still are supporters of LTP in the country. What do your in-laws think about this situation?

By the way, are you Dhyjoe from Quebec?
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Armenian parliamentary speaker: “Color revolutions” bear nothing good

It had been done a lot to increase attendance of the opposition rally on October 26, but expectations of the organizers failed, Armenian Parliamentary Speaker Tigran Torosyan announced commenting on the opposition rally, at which Armenia’s first president Levon Ter-Petrosyan addressed the audience with a speech. A REGNUM correspondent quotes the parliamentary speaker as saying that a possibility of “color revolutions” is ruled out in Armenia. “Our people do comprehend it that ‘color revolutions’ bring no good,” Torosyan said. Commenting on the position of the Armenian Republican Party regarding Levon Ter-Petrosyan’s participation in the forthcoming presidential election, he noted it would have been nonsense if the most influential political force depending on participation of certain personalities would change its approaches and strategy. Answering the question whether the Republican Party sees Levon Ter-Petrosyan as major rival at the election, Torosyan added that it is prerogative of the people to treat anyone as a rival or not. Commenting on the Armenian president’s opinion that the former ruling party, the ARFD, is top be held responsible for the collapse of the country’s economy, he said that there were two angles of the issue– objective and subjective processes. “I am sure that the wording presented by the Armenian president was definitely about the subjective matter,” he concluded.

Source: http://www.regnum.ru/english/906434.html

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
              By the way, are you Dhyjoe from Quebec?
              That's me

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                That's me
                I was wondering where you were. Bari galust, "yedtarts." I like your new name much better

Նժդեհ

Comment

Bari Galust Yedtarts

Comment

Reasons why people shouldn't vote on Levon

Before the fall of the Soviet union Armenia was oone of the richest and productive republics around in the Union. Armenians had evreything they could wish for. In most parts of the Soviets it was forbiden to go to church many Armenians wnet to church evrey sunday. The goverment didn't treat the Armenians that bad. Evreything goes great, but then the soviet union falls apart, and Levon comes to power. In a few years he takes one of the msot productive and rich soviet republics and makes it one of the poorist countries on the planet. Hasn't he done enough

He talks abou the goverment not beining democratic, I find that funny. Because back in those days the word didn't even exist in Armenia. He and his elite class ruled while the people were starving. Factories were closed down, many things the goverment had sold to the Turks just so they could become richer.

Khocharian and co have done much for Lenakan, when I see a picture of the city I don't reconise it. Back when I was there 70% of the city lay in ruines. I can understand why nothing was't rebuildid during the war, but why wasn't nothing build after the war was done. Because Levon was to busy stealing the money for him and his Գոծական friends.

And we can be sure that Robert doesn't sell his own lands, he's from Artsakh. Levon was ready to sell it. What will he do now when he comes to power sell evrey bit of Armenia, not only Artsakh.

The defence buget is now bigger than the state buget of a whole year during the levon era. The pensions are rising again, more job oppurnaties will be createit. We can stan now on our feed, we have almost reached a point we were 20 years ago. So don't vote for the traitor but let the goverment to it's job and vote on Serj. And 5 years later maybe we can see Robert back doing his job that he has done very good for the past 10 years.

Comment

Some of my comments about Kocharyan's administration and the current political situation in Yerevan:

How is the homeland doing?

In reality, our republic today is much better than it was fifteen years ago, it is much better than it was ten years ago, it is much better than it was five years ago, it is much better than it was a year ago. However, we obviously still have a very long way to go before we meet "western" standards. A mess that took a thousand years to create will not be cleaned up within a few years.

Many people say that the assassinations of 1999 was a severe setback for the Armenian Republic and that had Vazgen Sarkisian and Garen Demirjian been alive today the sociopolitical situation would have been much better.

In my opinion, we have not lost anything today by not having Vazgen Sarkisian and Garen Demirjian in power. As a matter of fact, our political situation could have been worst had they been around. The reality of the matter is Vazgen Sarkisian was a bad politician and the stories about him stopping corruption was a fairytale, he was actually amongst the most corrupt individuals in the nation. According to Artsakh war veterans Vazgen Sarkisian also made many mistakes during the war that caused the deaths of many Armenians. I believe Vazgen Sarkisian meant well and he did some good, however, he was a not qualified to represent our nation. He essentially appealed to the uneducated class within the Armenian Republic. And if the rumors that he was getting close to the US State Department and, as a result, Russia wanted to get rid of him was true, then it's good that he is out of the picture today.

Garen Demirjian was another one of the Soviet era's worthless technocrats. It was during Garen Demirjian's watch that the Azeri population within Armenia grew and prospered as Armenian regions such as Zangezur suffered from state neglect. It was during Garen Demirjian's watch that the uneducated "Rabiz" sub-culture within Armenia became very prominent. And it was Garen Demirjian that tried very hard to stop Armenians from rising up and fighting for Artsakh during the early stages of the conflict.

The above two individuals won't be missed much within Armenian politics. Nevertheless, I need not say a single word about how dangerous Levon Ter Petrosian's administration was. The man in question was a criminal agent working for foreign powers and should have been tried for treason.

When observed within a proper 'balanced' perspective, the Armenian Republic today is on the right path. Armenia has successfully secured its borders by having a strong armed forces and close geostrategic relations with the Russian Federation and the Islamic Republic of Iran. Armenia has also been getting closer to the EU and China. During the past several years, many of the vital sectors of the Armenian economy has been gradually growing as well. And there is a new generation in Armenia now that is realizing that they need to get an education and "work" to make a living instead of expecting hand-outs from the government and/or the Diaspora. It is also no secret that Yerevan is growing fast and prospering. Most importantly, the Armenian Republic is politically and socially stable - unlike all the other nation within the region.

What Armenia has been able to accomplished today under such dire conditions, within such a bad region, is nothing short of a miracle. The reality is that Armenia today is better-off many most other former Soviet nations who don't even have a fraction of Armenia's problems. And as harsh as it sounds, the aforementioned 'general' perspective of our nation is what counts in the real world, not the opinions of the unemployed uneducated class of poor people who constantly complain about the government not feeding them. Nations in transition will go through such growing pains, it's natural. All nations have gone through such periods, including the finest nations in the West. Unfortunately, however, Armenia's destiny is not totally in her hands. Due to Armenia's geographic position, her prosperity, her future, is dependent upon the region's superpower politics.

What about Artsakhtsis in Armenia?

I hope none of you here are amongst the ignorant low-lives that bad mouth Artsakhtsis and their presence in Yerevan. The fact of the matter is, Artsakhtsis took control in Yerevan during the worst sociopolitical period in the Armenian Republic. No one gave them the power, they took it themselves because there was more-or-less a vacancy in the government. Had Armenians in Yerevan been a bit more ideologically driven and organized perhaps they would be in control today and not the Artsakhtsis. However, we saw what happened when Yerevantis were in control during the "Levon" years.

Now that we have had various high profile revolutions within the region, do we need a revolution in Armenia?

I always try to caution those who call for a revolution within Yerevan. Any change of the status-quo within Yerevan today can potentially be very detrimental for the wellbeing of the Armenian Republic. Let's all first realize that we have a real foreign threat in Yerevan today: US State Department financed NGOs and various American "news" organizations like "Armenianow" are working very hard to bring about a "pro-democracy" revolution in Armenia. Sadly, most Armenians are clueless about real world politics and, as a result, many fall victim to their manipulations. This is absolutely no time for a revolution in Armenia. Kocharyan's administration has many faults but it's the best we have under our unique circumstances. Having said that, I would also welcome Serge Sarkisian's presidency.

I'm satisfied with the fact that officials in Yerevan today have managed to foster close ties with Russia and Iran at the same time keeping good relations with EU and the United States. I'm also glad that official Yerevan is not kissing Turkish ass. Under the leadership of Kocharyan and Sarkisian, the borders of the Armenian Republic are secure, Armenian society is stable and the Armenian economy keeps growing from year to year. The aforementioned are the fundamental things that I expect a government to provide it people. As far as corruption is concerned, it won't disappear anytime soon because it is deeply embedded within our people's psychology and the socioeconomic conditions of the region also foster such behavior. We need at least a couple of generations to negate the corruption level in Armenia.

And I don't care if Serge Sarkisyan has castles built upon the Moon, or Mars for that matter, as long as he is doing his job as Defense Minister/Foreign Minister or as President. I suggest some of you here to look at how other politicians around the world live and stop acting like ignorant peasants. As bad as corruption may be it is nothing new nor is it exclusive to former Soviet states. As a matter of fact, the word itself is being used as a propaganda tool by Western governments to poison the minds of the citizenry in Armenia. The Armenian Republic gets chastised for "corruption" by, of all entities on earth, the US government, perhaps the world's most corrupt and violent entity.

Nonetheless, under Kocharyan/Sarkisian's rule the Armenian Republic has attained the following:

Armenia today is one of the safest countries in the world

Armenian society and politics are quite stable, unlike most others within the region

Armenia has secure borders due to its strong military infrastructure and its strategic alliance with the Russian Federation

Armenian economy is growing fast

Yerevan is blossoming

More and more Diasporan Armenians are feeling welcome in Armenia today

Corruption is gradually decreasing

I would like to emphasize again that this is absolutely no time for any kind of revolution within the Armenian Republic. Revolution in Yerevan is what US State Department officials wants, that is what Ankara wants, that is what Baku wants and that is what Tbilisi wants. And the aforementioned would also rejoice if Levon Ter Petrosian came back to power. In short, change of government in Armenia is what our enemies want. As a result, I will not shed a single tear if all the "revolution" seekers within the Armenian Republic get beaten to a bloody pulp in the streets by government forces. The Armenian population today, in my opinion, is not ready yet to determine its future. And to hell with the brand of democracy being exported today from executive boardrooms and military command centers. Democracy is simply a philosophical rhetoric, and such philosophical rhetoric is relative to interpretation and implementation. Nevertheless, democracy today is being used by globalists as a tool and a pretext to occupy and exploit vulnerable nations.

Democracy is what Christianity used to be in the West several hundred years ago - simply excuse to impose your rule over weaker unbelieving nations and exploit their resources. The United States, as with all other so-called democratic nations on earth, is a democracy only in name. At best, certain aspects of democracy is upheld to a certain point/extent. Nevertheless, democracy in pure form is an intangible concept, one that is only spoken about in lofty terms but never truly seen or felt.

Politicians who preach democracy today are essentially representatives of corporate conglomerations/federations that serve the interests of the ruling elite. When an individual or politician tires to cross some ideological or political boundaries, when one deliberately steps on the foot of the ruling elite, the facade of democracy will come crashing down upon his/her head. Democracy today in the western world is what Christianity was for the past two thousand years - something to believe in, pay allegiance to, and when it suites the ruling elite - something to fight and die for.

Supreme God of the western world today is the notion of - democracy. And the Devil, the evil one, is anyone who for whatever reason opposes it. Nevertheless, taking into consideration the many vulnerabilities and weaknesses of the citizenry of the Armenian Republic today, the attempt to practice that thing called democracy in a nation like Armenia can potentially be a suicidal act.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X