Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    To have substance as a human being you must learn to think for yourself and this is why i have no respect for Raffi and much of the diaspora because they simply serve as mouth pieces for others and have nothing to offer themselves to anyone.
    I think we are starting to see how despairing the old guard are becoming. Their ideology is so discredited they have now to resort to cynically mouthing the principles of their opponents. It is deference to power, to positions of hierarchy, to knowing your place, to doing what you are told by your "betters" and accepting what your "betters" give you, that maintains the corrupt like Sargsyan in power. The goal of all who oppose that system, and who want reform and progress, is to get the electorate to become individuals who will "learn to think for yourself".
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

This has nothing to do with ideology mr cat! As i said thinking for yourself is good so long as you are thinking rationally but people like Raffi are not advocating rationality-they simply want to replace the present corrupt system with another corrupt system which will put our nation in far more jeapordy because it spits on the very things that allow Armenia to survive. Bell the only thing being discredited are your ideas here-you really want to compare France to Armenia last few decades? Was France involved in a major war where its own existence was threatened lately? Has France been under blockade for the last few decades? Is France as resourceless as Armenia? Is France surrounded by enemies who want to destroy it? Did France endure a devastating earthquake which leveled its second biggest city along with many towns and villages killing thousends and thousends of people and destroying infastructure? And you speak of discrediting others lol. This is what the diaspora refuses to understand-Armenia is not France! So you want the people of Armenia to start worrying about the diaspora for change huh? Sure they should take time out of their lives and instead of finding ways to put food on the table they should start worrying about why the diasporans wear lingerie to church, they should worry about why poor hagopik is sniffing glue as his mom and dad contemplate a divorce. Its the glasses guys im tellin you its those rose collored glasses - they make you think you are playing a mmorpg and you lose yourself in this alternate reality along with your attachment to reality. While many here think Armenia is France-no one in Armenia thinks this to be the case so tell me who is more attached to reality? I have no problem replacing Sargsyan if there is a better candidate for the job and if there was such a person i would gladly support him/her but that person is not Raffi and i will not support anyone with the ideology he brings with him. I did not support LTP and i knew what he would bring to Armenia long before he became president. People leave Armenia because of lack of opportunities which exist because of things like blockade, lack of resources, threat of war..The things that most here complain about are oligarchs and monopolists yet they have far less adverse effects on the economy then the former factors. This is a fact not some made up rose collored mmorpg. Oligarchs, monopolists, monopolistic.. these are all forms of markets that exist in every capitalist system and it is comical to hear people supporting capitalism yet denouncing these market forms. Quit smelling that turkish coffee-i know it smells good but it will kill you in the end.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

"Sniffing glue"? Do you really want to start comparing the behavior of diasporans and many of your compatriots in Los Angeles? You may choose to view the community with "rose-colored glasses" but the reality (like the reality in Armenia) is ugly.

This is what I meant when I said that there needs to be an honest examination of the failure of the postwar diasporan repatriation to Armenia. An Armenian government official (I believe it was the Minister of the Diaspora) apologized a few years back but that's not good enough. The diaspora can't serve as a cash-cow to a country whose inhabitants treat them and their concerns with such indifference (and in some cases, aversion). Fortunately, many diasporans have realized this, hence the increasing support for people like Hovannisian and Oskanian.

I refuse to accept your argument that it is the blockade, lack of resources, and threat of war and not the oligarchy that is responsible for the current situation. Armenia could still be an attractive place to live even with those barriers. You just don't want to examine the country's sundry problems and use the blockade and Turkey/Azerbaijan as excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
          Vahram dear,
          You forgot to mention climate change!

Why are you unhappy with this flight fate?
          I am pretty happy about this one
          Concerning the decision to NOT have turdish flights to Yerevan --- hooray ! I also am pretty happy about that .
          Artashes

Comment

I refuse to accept your argument that it is the blockade, lack of resources, and threat of war and not the oligarchy that is responsible for the current situation. Armenia could still be an attractive place to live even with those barriers. You just don't want to examine the country's sundry problems and use the blockade and Turkey/Azerbaijan as excuses.
            How can someone who refuses to except one set of facts accuse another of making excuses when he did say that he does not find anything better then what is available now? About the sniffing glue part he his spot on, the guys sniffing glue are future Raffi supporters...LOL

If you can be blind enough to refuse to except it then you have to take your licking.

Do you really want to start comparing the behavior of diasporans and many of your compatriots in Los Angeles?
            He meant people outside of Armenia, you on the other hand said something nasty about former Armenian citizens. I'm sorry to say but L.A. you guys are lost, all of you! We don't have such stupidity on the East coast thank god, and your comment about cash cow, I have news for you money is being raised all the time. These are simply people refusing to accept reality because their Raffi did not win. So here on the East Cost we still raise money, and Raffi is a laughing stock over here! This includes Tashnags and everyone else in between!
            Last edited by Vahram; 04-05-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Concerning the decision to NOT have turdish flights to Yerevan --- hooray ! I also am pretty happy about that .
              I'm happy too, form a patriotic standpoint. But we must understand as happy as we are this is costing us MONEY! Something Tomservo refuses to accept! This is called living in a daydream. We don't want fish farms, we don't want to use the water from Sevan. We don't want sheep, we don't want mining. We don't seem to want much of anything yet we sit here and criticize the Armenian government for not doing enough. Every move they make is wrong, all approaches to making any money are refused yet we want a utopian country that has no problems. This fantasy we have to leave behind, and understand and accept reality for what it is. We the people are guilty and yes damn the fecking toorks and their airports. Hence this makes me as guilty as some of you here, however I don't sit back and put my head in the sand and expect a rosy outcome because of our nationalistic views and just blame the Armenian Government for all the actions of all her children, including the ones in L.A. Sniffing glue!
              Last edited by Vahram; 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
                I'm happy too, form a patriotic standpoint. But we must understand as happy as we are this is costing us MONEY! Something Tomservo refuses to accept! This is called living in a daydream. We don't want fish farms, we don't want to use the water from Sevan. We don't want sheep, we don't want mining. We don't seem to want much of anything yet we sit here and criticize the Armenian government for not doing enough. Every move they make is wrong, all approaches to making any money are refused yet we want a utopian country that has no problems. This fantasy we have to leave behind, and understand and accept reality for what it is. We are as guilty as the government and yes damn the fecking toorks and their airports. Hence this makes me as guilty as some of you here, however I don't sit back and put my head in the sand and expect a rosy outcome because of our nationalistic views and just blame the Armenian Government for all the actions of all her children, including the ones in L.A. Sniffing glue!
                Perchance we are not understanding one another .
                I agree from a patriotic point also . The constant bait and switch offering financial gain for such things as those flights , lax or non existent mining regulations , polluting and depleting Seven ( and other water resources ) , sheep grazing & baboon residence , etc are just that --- bait and switch .
                Not every opportunity to reap financial gain is beneficial . Most of any monetary gain by the likes of fish farming etc goes in the hands of the privileged and unjust and actually does more harm to the nation , offsetting any potential benefit the monetary gain might seem to bring .
                To say or imply that we cannot develope our mineral , water , land , etc resources properly , with appropriate oversite is wrong . The desire to circumvent due diligence for the quick cash is an offen used tactic by the greed ridden that has proven quite successful for them to the detriment of the world at large .
                I and others am not saying we don't need to generate cash but millions of sheep and the accompanying monkeys ???? Fish farming ??? Etc. sorry , those are terrible ideas on so many levels .
                We cannot ruin the environment for cash !!! We cannot jeopardize our sovereignty and safety for cash !!!
                We have been blessed with a fine intellect and an industrious nature . Let us not be guided by the greed ridden by their bait and switch money con . Let us instead do the environmently & nationally right and appropriate thing .
                To do it right and be financially successful are not exclusive to each other , no matter what the conniving try to tell us .
                Artashes

Comment

Armenian officials doing what they do best...

Money Laundering, Offshore Transactions: Nairit’s Rubber Money Flows Into Pockets of Russian & Armenian Officials

$170 million is squandered and stolen in Armenia, a country in the midst of a deep economic crisis and where 35% of the population officially lives in poverty. The regime brandishes a sword in its declared fight against corruption in one hand, while the other hand is busy stealing and squandering from the people.

It goes without saying that the RA government, particularly the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources which owns 10% of Nairit, is responsible. The government knew about the tens of offshore and Russian companies that Nairit set up and the transactions carried out. Vahan Melkonyan, Interstate Bank’s representative in Armenia, and Nairit director at the time of the loans, can present a detailed picture of how this tangled financial puzzle siphoned off all those millions. RA Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan is also full aware of what happened since the sale and loan transactions occurred under his watch. Adding insult to injury, Ashot Sargsyan, one of the Nairit Plant deputy directors, is the PM’s brother,

It’s hard to predict if any of these officials will ever be called to account. But neither can these same officials pretend not to notice the facts staring them in the face.

Full article: http://hetq.am/eng/news/25140/money-...officials.html

Comment

We have been blessed with a fine intellect and an industrious nature . Let us not be guided by the greed ridden by their bait and switch money con . Let us instead do the environmently & nationally right and appropriate thing .
                    To do it right and be financially successful are not exclusive to each other , no matter what the conniving try to tell us .
                    Bro I'm not misunderstanding you, what I'm saying is that we should come up with some concepts if the ones presented are no good. We can't say no to everything and be stuck where we are and expect utopia! We have a global issues, governments have gone by the wayside. Look at Cyprus, a nation with banks, shipping oil and gas. They just robbed their own people to pay the likes of Goldman Sacks. We are not seeing realities nor are we coming up with any solutions besides blaming one entity for every problem we have. We should get money from someplace and be able to afford all the things we want. But under a blockade when you can't even ship manufactured goods because of the expense of air travel we can't sit back and blame Oligarchs. We are being silly and not understanding that the situation is not good globally let alone tinny Armenia.

Lets open the discussion to what should be done! It is easy to say no to every idea but we need to come up with ideas. I'm as guilty as anyone for not having some great idea to get us making money. But none of us here are coming up with any solution just crying like babies and trying to topple what little we have built in these 20 short and troubled years. From quake to blockade every issue can't simply be brushed aside. This is unreasonable! especially when no one else has the remotest of an idea of how to fix one thing, let alone everything!
                    Last edited by Vahram; 04-05-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Armenian officials doing what they do best...
                      I refuse to believe a word you say

Comment

Working...
                      X