Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Anahit and her colleagues are very scary. What the hell are they doing protesting elections in Armenia from within the U.S. They are making Armenians look aloof. What do they expect the U.S. to do?

All I remember is looking at her and thinking if that many people are willing to gather to listen to her and her colleagues in Hollywood, CA, our alphabet soup lobbying organizations in DC are empty shells with no influence in the largest US population of Armenians and, based on comparing rallies or protests directly or indirectly organized by them to the one on Oscar Sunday, that these lobbying organizations have failed miserably in establishing grassroots in their respective regions.

It was disheartening. Someone needs to muzzle Anahit and those goombah rabiz looking individuals that are mobilizing Armenians to protest the RA's elections in Hollywood. What happens if a reasonable Armo wants to get some lahmajun and tahn on Sunday afternoon and gets t-rampled underfoot by his protesting countryman. THE HORROR!!!!
    Last edited by freakyfreaky; 03-03-2008, 06:38 PM.
    Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
      Nothing is guaranteed 100%, but people are need of change.

People are not 100% either. I been talking to hayastan, they would get paid 5000 dram to give out their votes, people got the money voted for Serj, and now they are out hunting him down Poor hungry people

Yes you are right, nation is under great risk, even right now. Current administration is not helping the situation and at this point on I don't think people even care what happens next.
      People don't care because the people of Armenia being lied to by LTP. Do you honestly think that if LTP was elected he would "work magic"? I doubt it, the problems of Armenia were finally being solved, regardless of Kocharian, Armenia was recently labeled the "Caucasian Tiger" due to the momentum in economic growth compared to its neighbors. And let us look at our neighbors, Georgians are now attempting to oust Mikheil Saakashvili, the self proclaimed "leader of the 'rose revolution'" (Where do they get these names from btw?), what did Georgians acheive except alianate their biggest trading partner Russia and push themselves under the control of Turkey, who incidently, will always favor Azerbaijan and only view Georgia as a state that can be used ot isolate Armenia? Absolutly nothing, now, the "opposition" are candidates that are Pro-Western, later, when LTP is in office, the "opposition" will be candidates that are Pro-Russian, so on and so fourth, a century of foreign domination. This is the destiny and instability that awaits the Armenian people if we prematurly resort to revolution after revolution, this is why states in Latin America and Africa are still, relatively, instable regions and some, barely after two hundred or so years of foreign domination, are finally able to pick up the peices left by perpetual state of civil war.

Let me just hint at something, this idea of "opposition" or "mainstream" candidate, its one big fat lie, the reality is this, if you choose to accept it, the region is in a state of a cold war, there exists third parties that are trying to win control of the region because the region is a major corridor linking oil rich Middle-East with Europe and Asia, the candidates are either Pro-Russian or Pro-Western, this is the lines that seperates them or else no actually candidate can exercise absolute power over Armenia. Armenia does not have the populations to go to war with any state and certainly, it is caught in economic quagmire between east and west. You are ignorant and ridiculous stupid if you think that LTP can change this bottomline fact of the state of Armenian politics and the politics of the regoin, for that matter. LTP and candidates like him, that resort to bringing in a third in the election process in order to gurantee a win, will only lead the Armenian people into a century of civil war and chaos. The truth is, after the "revolution", there exists no direction, all this hot air coming out of LTP's ass is just that, "hot air". Has anyone asked him what is stance on Armenian issues are? How he is going to fix the economy that he and his supporters have broken? How he is going to deal with Azerbaijan and Turkey? What his foreign policy with the US is? Conversly, what his foreign policy with Russia is? Has anyoen asked him? All you have asked him is to stir up trouble at the expense of the interest of the Armenian people, you have given the enemy a oppurtunity to invade the country, you have given the enemy a crux to stand on, and you have only weakened a fledgling state that is in state of economic and political development. No progression, only degeneration, we are going back another ten years, to the dark ages of Armenia.

Honestly, you people that support LTP, you people make me sick, you retards, do you understand why and who "picked LTP"? Is it a suprise to you imbicles that LTP was on the papers of every major Turkish newspapers as their "ideal candidate"? .... hmm ... I wonder why, use your heads for once and connect the xxxxing dots, I would rather be a slave to a master that will reward me for my services versus a master that will only reward me with death.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
        People don't care because the people of Armenia being lied to by LTP. Do you honestly think that if LTP was elected he would "work magic"? I doubt it, the problems of Armenia were finally being solved, regardless of Kocharian, Armenia was recently labeled the "Caucasian Tiger" due to the momentum in economic growth compared to its neighbors. And let us look at our neighbors, Georgians are now attempting to oust Mikheil Saakashvili, the self proclaimed "leader of the 'rose revolution'" (Where do they get these names from btw?), what did Georgians acheive except alianate their biggest trading partner Russia and push themselves under the control of Turkey, who incidently, will always favor Azerbaijan and only view Georgia as a state that can be used ot isolate Armenia? Absolutly nothing, now, the "opposition" are candidates that are Pro-Western, later, when LTP is in office, the "opposition" will be candidates that are Pro-Russian, so on and so fourth, a century of foreign domination. This is the destiny and instability that awaits the Armenian people if we prematurly resort to revolution after revolution, this is why states in Latin America and Africa are still, relatively, instable regions and some, barely after two hundred or so years of foreign domination, are finally able to pick up the peices left by perpetual state of civil war.

Let me just hint at something, this idea of "opposition" or "mainstream" candidate, its one big fat lie, the reality is this, if you choose to accept it, the region is in a state of a cold war, there exists third parties that are trying to win control of the region because the region is a major corridor linking oil rich Middle-East with Europe and Asia, the candidates are either Pro-Russian or Pro-Western, this is the lines that seperates them or else no actually candidate can exercise absolute power over Armenia. Armenia does not have the populations to go to war with any state and certainly, it is caught in economic quagmire between east and west. You are ignorant and ridiculous stupid if you think that LTP can change this bottomline fact of the state of Armenian politics and the politics of the regoin, for that matter. LTP and candidates like him, that resort to bringing in a third in the election process in order to gurantee a win, will only lead the Armenian people into a century of civil war and chaos. The truth is, after the "revolution", there exists no direction, all this hot air coming out of LTP's ass is just that, "hot air". Has anyone asked him what is stance on Armenian issues are? How he is going to fix the economy that he and his supporters have broken? How he is going to deal with Azerbaijan and Turkey? What his foreign policy with the US is? Conversly, what his foreign policy with Russia is? Has anyoen asked him? All you have asked him is to stir up trouble at the expense of the interest of the Armenian people, you have given the enemy a oppurtunity to invade the country, you have given the enemy a crux to stand on, and you have only weakened a fledgling state that is in state of economic and political development. No progression, only degeneration, we are going back another ten years, to the dark ages of Armenia.

Honestly, you people that support LTP, you people make me sick, you retards, do you understand why and who "picked LTP"? Is it a suprise to you imbicles that LTP was on the papers of every major Turkish newspapers as their "ideal candidate"? .... hmm ... I wonder why, use your heads for once and connect the xxxxing dots, I would rather be a slave to a master that will reward me for my services versus a master that will only reward me with death.
        Good points Virgil, it is basically pro-western vs. pro-Russian, but look at our economical and political situation. What we need is STABILITY we are (or were) going towards a right direction with the pro-Russian leaders, we cannot let such instabilities occur it will just bring us back to where we started. Ok the government might have some corruption, but at least they have taken us out of the economical mess we were in the early 90s. Look at Armenia now and look at it 10 years ago. The fact is we are growing. I believe LTB has no right to accuse corruption when in fact he had the most corruption during his term. During LTB there was no light, little food in Armenia. You got him out put Kocharian in and Armenia has been improving ever since. Just shows that a pro-russian agenda for Armenia right now is the best for it.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Good points Virgil, it is basically pro-western vs. pro-Russian, but look at our economical and political situation. What we need is STABILITY we are (or were) going towards a right direction with the pro-Russian leaders, we cannot let such instabilities occur it will just bring us back to where we started. Ok the government might have some corruption, but at least they have taken us out of the economical mess we were in the early 90s. Look at Armenia now and look at it 10 years ago. The fact is we are growing. I believe LTB has no right to accuse corruption when in fact he had the most corruption during his term. During LTB there was no light, little food in Armenia. You got him out put Kocharian in and Armenia has been improving ever since. Just shows that a pro-russian agenda for Armenia right now is the best for it.
          Well, its all going to xxxx now, when basic economic investment is a measure of confidence in a system, how can you ask anyone to invest in Armenia now that it is both "corrupt" and the authority of government has been questioned? You can not, the goal of this protest was not to "overthrow", the goal of the protest was to "destabilize" the government. You have to understand, before you can overthrow a regime, you have to spend time destabilizing them economically and politically, today, a lot of the backers of the government are now questioning themselves, today, the investors and owners of those boutiques and stores that were looted, are now wondering why they invested in Armenia, essentially, all these actions only set back Armenia, I would guess, one or two years, it will take a while before people are again confident in the government. And what do you think will happen at this? More corruption, more straving populations, that will find oppurtunity in pety theft and prostitution versus capitalistic endevors. All the LTP supporters just xxxxed Armenia over bigtime, they screwed the Armenian people, and like I mentioned earlier, it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Thank LTP for further isolating Armenia and sealing the deal on the economic growth, we would be lucky if the economy only suffers a recession and not a depression.
          Last edited by Virgil; 03-03-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
            Well, its all going to xxxx now, when basic economic investment is a measure of confidence in a system, how can you ask anyone to invest in Armenia now that it is both "corrupt" and the authority of government has been questioned? You can not, the goal of this protest was not to "overthrow", the goal of the protest was to "destabilize" the government. You have to understand, before you can overthrow a regime, you have to spend time destabilizing them economically and politically, today, a lot of the backers of the government are now questioning themselves, today, the investors and owners of those boutiques and stores that were looted, are now wondering why they invested in Armenia, essentially, all these actions only set back Armenia, I would guess, one or two years, it will take a while before people are again confident in the government. And what do you think will happen at this? More corruption, more straving populations, that will find oppurtunity in pety theft and prostitution versus capitalistic endevors. All the LTP supporters just xxxxed Armenia over bigtime, they screwed the Armenian people, and like I mentioned earlier, it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Thank LTP for further isolating Armenia and sealing the deal on the economic growth, we would be lucky if the economy only suffers a recession and not a depression.
            Very good points Virgil. Any person in his/her right mind couldn’t expect “rose revolution” to go through in Armenia. The goal indeed was to destabilize Armenia. I still can’t believe that Robert underestimated these bustards. Here is how you should deal with them. In any country in the world unsanctioned meetings are illegal, so in essence who ever goes on the street with protest without having the permission from government is breaking the law. Robert and Serjh had all the rights to use the force against these criminals from the beginning. Imagine what would American government do if thousand of supporters of Al Gore would occupy the square in DC, not too far from White House to protest election in 2000.

Comment

Umm, so what all of you guys are saying is that Sargsyan was a member of LTP's terribly corrupt government or was he the one who helped that government fight for NKR with diasporan freedom fighters and Armenian forces or was he the one who neglected to question Kocharyan's legitimate constitutional power despite not likely being qualified under the RA's constitution to run for the office of presidency or was he the one who was a communist party leader in a foreign country or was he the one who was the Ministry of Intenal Affairs and National Security when the Parliament was overrun by gunmen. Which one is he? But of course, he was one in the same.

See, Vahan Hovannisian was right. Both of the leading candidates come from questionable regimes. But, Vahan is married into members of the ruling party. Barakam en. Che?

At the very least, Sargsyan was unable to protect the parliament or help bring the matter to official closure and he likely was groomed for the presidency by a president that was seeking to legitimize their otherwise questionable tenure.

Armenia diverted a lot of energy, resources and man power to NKR and now it is under martial law while people from NKR control it. Its like a double fleecing. Welcome to the Soviet Republic. F'in brilliant.

I wonder what is going on in the Constitutional Court right now. Probably not a lot of official business.
              adolescence

Comment

That's nonsense. In a free society as Armenia was portraying itself, you don't need government permission to assemble in a public place. Hogwash, Aray.
                adolescence

Comment

You have made some excellent points Virgil. LTP and company may have really f***ed us over. Time will only tell. You just don't understand how depressing and disappointing this bloody ordeal has been for me. I blame us, the people, for this mess. Not even a million LTP's could manage to do anything if the people did not allow it. And this ordeal reinforces my conviction that most Armenians alive today are garbage. Just take a close look around you in California... virtually all of them, from Lebanon, from Iran, from Armenia, from Turkey, from Syria... They are all garbage... Just consider the disturbing fact that out of merely three million people approximately three hundred thousand would vote for a treasonous whore like Levon, who's entire political platform was to cause divisions between Armenians from Armenia and Armenians from Artsakh, to break Armenia away from Moscow's sphere, to do away with Genocide recognition and to abandon Nagorno Karabagh... Levon's platform is essentially suicide for the Armenian nation. And this is the demon perhaps 1/4 of the country would go to the streets for. You still think Armenia is ready to have free and fair elections?
                  Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
                    That's nonsense. In a free society as Armenia was portraying itself, you don't need government permission to assemble in a public place. Hogwash, Aray.
                    Freaky idiot, I want you to assemble a few thousand people without notifying your local city hall, without getting a permit, and march on Main street. See what will happen...
                    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                      Freaky idiot, I want you to assemble a few thousand people without notifying your local city hall, without getting a permit, and march on Main street. See what will happen...

Comment

Working...
                      X