Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
    But then you see a 13 year old driving a $50000 car. And if anybody gets in their way, they drive over them, and nothing happens to them. Its this kind of stuff that drives people to the edge. As I said before, corruption is everywhere, but there is a LIMIT as of how much you can push the people.
    But did this sort of corruption exist during Ter-Petrosian's term? How about the Soviet period?

The question is, how are we going to change it. A good topic for AATL 2008...

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
      I thought Sefilian was released?

It Has Been 1 Year, 2 Months, and 26 Days The Commander of Shushi Battalion Jirayr Sefilian Is Imprisoned in "FREE" Armenia.

http://www.azadakrum.org/english/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh
        Virgil, you consider yourself "enlightened", but you are blind on your a-s-s.
        I don't consider myself anything but a person with independent ideas and opinions, unlike yourself and your little band of muppet babies that think they are the next Che. You can not understand the plan and simple truth of Armenian politics, it boils down to Pro-Russian versus Pro-Western, this is how it is moving forward. Furthermore, I have pointed out numerous times that this kind of sudden and rash attempt at regime change will only bring with it severe blowback. While LTP attempts to reestablish his hold on the Armenian government, our enemies, whether Pro-Russian, Pro-American, or Pro-Swahili will attempt to strike against us. This is exactly what happend to the first republic, intellectual midgets fought amongst themselves for their own egos and breadcrumbs, in the process they lost our land and lost sight of what is most important, the safety of the people and the national interests of Armenia.

You know what, I am done with this debate, it seems to me that you can only explain and hand wave for only so long before you realize that people are just lost in the moment. Any logical and rational person can see that armed revolution for a state like Armenia is just suicide. Furthermore, anyone can see that the alternative government holds no solutions besides "regime change" and what happens "after the fact"? Will men like Ara Baliozian in which idiots like you champion or will boys like FreakyFreaky jump on the first plane to Armenia? I highly doubt it, if anything happens to those people, you and your band of muppet babies will still be sitting behind the computer with your thumbs up your asses, while Armenia and its authonomy is being assaulted. If anyone is shortsighted and lacks "enlightenment" it is you, I neither seek "enlightenment" nor have claimed to be "enlightenment", I merely want to make it a point that looting and rioting will signal the death of Armenia and our national interests. Again, I have already put out there, if this coup esculates, I will hold you and your band of muppets responsible, you sure as hell be prepared to explain why you are sitting behind the computer when your people suffer in Armenia due to actions you and your band of muppets, online and offline, supported.

The reality is that you are going to replace LTP, to find out that Armenia is in a more corrupt and destabilized state. You are going to then realize that what a idiot you were, and finally, all this talk of democracy will go out the windown when basic economic growth hits a recession and LTP must answer for his lack of solutions and guidence. Any moron can see what will happen, post-revolution is the worst time for a nation, you are alone, broke, and lack the GDP to defend your national interest, essentially, you become the xxxxx in cell block A, good luck and God forgive you people.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
          This is exactly what happend to the first republic, intellectual midgets fought amongst themselves for their own egos and breadcrumbs, in the process they lost our land and lost sight of what is most important, the safety of the people and the national interests of Armenia.
          Bravo Virgil, I say to hell these disgusting low lives. After what they tried to do, I see them to be worst than Turks. And watch these petty street whores now run for cover as the state apparatus in Armenia goes after them one by one. Let me remind you that Serzh Sargsyan is a vengeful man and this is not 1918.

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
          But did this sort of corruption exist during Ter-Petrosian's term? How about the Soviet period? The question is, how are we going to change it.
          Thats a good point Tom. Levinites want the world to believe its the Artsakhtsis that have turned Armenia into a den of thieves. You know the world has turned up-side down when Levin Petrostein is preaching to us about corruption and nation building.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
            Thats a good point Tom. Levinites want the world to believe its the Artsakhtsis that have turned Armenia into a den of thieves. You know the world has turned up-side down when Levin Petrostein is preaching to us about corruption and nation building.
            It always existed but year by year it only gotten worse.

Comment

Good point, day to day people struggle to survive, when I was there with my family, we could not go out and buy food, because when everyone around you is starving, its better to starve with them then make a fool of yourself.

But then you see a 13 year old driving a $50000 car. And if anybody gets in their way, they drive over them, and nothing happens to them. Its this kind of stuff that drives people to the edge. As I said before, corruption is everywhere, but there is a LIMIT as of how much you can push the people.

And out of frustration what people do, leave and never come back. Its small stuff like that that gets the people. And here we have few idiots talking about Pro-US and pro-Russian bullxxxx. Go to Lelnakan and ask a father of 3 children that barely survives everyday, what he thinks of russians or americans? or WHAT has CHANGED since 1988 perhaps.
              \

You xxxxing idiot, don't blame anyone but the US for bringing down the "evil empire", you are idiot if you think that is not the norm anywhere else. How many sixteen year olds do you see in Glendale driving 120k cars, working at JONS or selling drugs? That is waht capitalism is, a unproportional division of wealth, you can't blame anyone but the agents that funded and opted for regime change and brokeaway from the USSR, that is the reality of the world, LTP is not going to change that bottomline fact, but the economic growth thus far, has. It provides some level of security. Overtime, a nation builds wealth, overtime you get investors in your country, however, this is not possible if the people are out on the streets looting and pillaging the stores, how is this the "free man's" revolution? It is a revolution centered around crime. You can go and claim that the it is not about "Pro-Russia or Pro-Western", but the reality is that Armenia lives under the protection of the Russians. The only nation that has a interest in defending Armenia is Russia or else history has shown that Western promises of "protection" are only good on the paper they are written on. The reality is that it is under these national interests that Armenia has to develop, Pro-Russian or Pro-Western, this is what state building and diplomacy is all about, it does not occur overnight, it occurs over decades.

Comment

It always existed but year by year it only gotten worse.
                It's the exact opposite stupid, but how the xxxx would you know since you have never been back. Didn't your family swear they will never step foot in their homeland again??? Looking at your sorry ass I realize that it's true what they say about the apple not falling too far away from the tree....
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
                  \

You xxxxing idiot, don't blame anyone but the US for bringing down the "evil empire", you are idiot if you think that is not the norm anywhere else. How many sixteen year olds do you see in Glendale driving 120k cars, working at JONS or selling drugs? That is waht capitalism is, a unproportional division of wealth, you can't blame anyone but the agents that funded and opted for regime change and brokeaway from the USSR, that is the reality of the world, LTP is not going to change that bottomline fact, but the economic growth thus far, has. It provides some level of security. Overtime, a nation builds wealth, overtime you get investors in your country, however, this is not possible if the people are out on the streets looting and pillaging the stores, how is this the "free man's" revolution? It is a revolution centered around crime. You can go and claim that the it is not about "Pro-Russia or Pro-Western", but the reality is that Armenia lives under the protection of the Russians. The only nation that has a interest in defending Armenia is Russia or else history has shown that Western promises of "protection" are only good on the paper they are written on. The reality is that it is under these national interests that Armenia has to develop, Pro-Russian or Pro-Western, this is what state building and diplomacy is all about, it does not occur overnight, it occurs over decades.
                  Thank you, for capitalism has done things like that. That is why I myself am a Marxist and believe with communism the corruption of society can be mitigated. Look at the people who came from the USSR. Yes some turned out corrupt, but during the USSR everybody was hard-working, conscience of society, and the most important thing NOT MATERIALISTIC. It is this attachment to materialism has corrupted society especially in the US. And with capitalism comes this materialism. What comes with materialism: greed, moral blindness, dissatisfactions from one's life, and the moral corruption of one. I have noticed that people's attachment to materials has distorted their perception of the world and of society. With a Marxist society emphasis can be put on education, hard work, and dedication to the state.

I know this is off-topic, so just a few words on the situation in Hayastan. First of all, don't be distorted by LTP's message of mass-corruption and this and that. I can bet that it is his ego-centric and greedy feelings that have brought upon this message. Because LTP knows well that under him there was even more corruption. Now it's ok to have opposition which is healthy in any society, but violence especially against the state is over the line and disrespectful. My solution: Armenia's economic situation has been improving since 1998 (beginning of Kocharian's term) and Armenia's has gained a upper hand in the region and world wide. We have a strong military and improvement is visible in the distance. So keep Serzh, keep the current adminstration, stability is what we need more than ever even if they are a little corrupt. Because with a slight distruption in instability will make us vulnerable to our enemies. Look at what happened just today, when Azeris attacked us, just shows how dangerous instability can be. If LTP and his supporter love Armenia, then they will respectively stand away, and instead know that Armenia, the state, always comes first.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh
                    Just the opposite. If Serzh has any namus, he would understand that the people don't want him and would have already resigned, instead of trying to crush the innocent protesters by force to stay in power. He is the one jeapordizing the security and peace of Armenia for the sake of clinging on to power and wealth.
                    LTP coming to power will greatly jeapordize our situation. He basically sell Artsakh to the Azeris, and be like the Georgians and try to kiss the a**es of the western countries. Now that is weak, and if you want a better and greater Armenia you will not want LTP in power.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

There is a definiate pattern and a common denominator.

Here is a small part of an article.

Azerbaijani High-Ranking Official:
                      The Opposition is Going to Disappoint Its Foreign Sponsors
                      Orange revolution? Not in Azerbaijan

Answering the question concerning a possibility of an "orange" revolution in his country, Nazim Ibragimov said that certain conditions must be present in order for such revolution to take place. "High ranks do not know how to administrate. Low ranks do not make peace with current administrators. This is a necessary condition for a revolution. Nevertheless, there is not such atmosphere in Azerbaijan". Furthermore, he asserted that in 2005, the economy of Azerbaijan registered a 20% growth, and that in two years the Azerbaijani budget raised up by three times. "In a country with such a rapid growth, there can not be a revolution," Ibragimov concluded. He then blamed the opposition, and particularly one of its leaders – Isa Gambar in receiving money from the American philanthropist, George Soros.

For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                      X