Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

What we need in Armenia is a “Western style” democracy (I’d rather call it mediacracy for obvious reasons to all) so we won’t have to deal with this crap after every election. We need multiple political parties who agree on the most vital issues of national interest but differ on for example some small ethical or economic issues.

It’s not possible to let the brainless masses decide on issues of vital importance to the survival of a nation. This doesn’t happen anywhere in the world.

Just like in the west we need political parties like “republicans”, “democrats”, “the green party”, “the labour party” and other blabla who in essence adhere to the same policies when it comes to vital national interests but like I said differ on the less important issues. This way you make the ignorant masses believe they actually have a choice in deciding their nation’s future and that their vote actually counts.

These political parties can make different promises during the pre-election period. Even take extreme positions which wholly differ from each other. After the elections are held the biggest parties have to go in a coalition. During the talks on forming this coalition they can backtrack on the promises they made to the populace by using the excuse that they had to give up certain things to gain certain things so it would enable them to join the coalition and thus be part of the ruling government (this is how it works in Holland for example).

At the next election you just repeat this process.

Of course Armenia isn’t at this stage yet but we should get there as soon as possible. I’m hoping the Prosperous Armenia party can play this role in the future but I doubt it since the treacherous vartan oskanian joined this party.

In contrast to 2008 the rallies this time were very small. In 2008 literally tens of thousands of people were protesting on the streets but this time they amounted to approximately 3.000 people and on one day maybe even 10.000 people at most. Let us not forget that this only amounts to about 0,3% of the populace. If you wouldn’t know better and would only judge by all the negative articles on the internet you’d think that (as raffik likes to say) “the people” had come out against the government. This is not the case at all. In Yerevan you won’t notice a thing of this whole post-election rallying, most people just go about their daily business. The only place where you would notice it is exclusively near the Opera.

I think raffik himself didn’t expect to get so many votes and it’s gotten to his head. Let’s hope he will wake up one of these days and understand that he is not in a position to talk in ultimatums.

What I do worry about is that they’re now planting the seeds for something worse at the next election or the election after that. But seeing our respectable President Mr. Serzh Sargsyan deal with levonik I’m hopeful he will also be able to deal a blow to raffik’s movement.

All in all I’m glad the majority of the people made the right choice and voted for Mr. Serzh Sargsyan to rule our government for the next five years. There is no better alternative.

Last edited by Lernakan; 03-19-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I've always found that the more bombastic a person's screen name or tag or avatar photo is, the more uselesly pathetic they are in real life.
      Bell the Cat said this, with one of the most bombastic screen name and avatar I have ever seen...LOL ( swiping tears from eyes )

Ever look in the mirror sometime? You just might see a hairy dingle berry...LOL Turn around, turn around and show us more of the dingle berries in your arse...ROTF

Thanks for the laughs bell the kitty, you are the bestest....HAHAHAH!!!
      Last edited by Vahram; 03-19-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

It’s not possible to let the brainless masses decide on issues of vital importance to the survival of a nation. This doesn’t happen anywhere in the world.
        It's not even the masses that are the ones complaining, these are only a small select who are pushing their agenda on the net. Either they realize it or not, they are playing into the hands that want to destroy Armenia. Coming from countries that can't even say the G word, these people better wake the feck up!

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
          It's not even the masses that are the ones complaining, these are only a small select who are pushing their agenda on the net. Either they realize it or not, they are playing into the hands that want to destroy Armenia. Coming from countries that can't even say the G word, these people better wake the feck up!
          Yes Vahram jan it's not the masses but the masses should believe that by casting a vote they actually make a difference. You're right this time it's only a small group of people protesting and they won't gain anything by their stupid actions.

Comment

You're right this time it's only a small group of people protesting and they won't gain anything by their stupid actions.
            Just had a talk with a big Tashnag, East Coast! Everyone is laughing at Raffi, even Tashnags think this is going too far! What's wrong with some of the boys online?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Yeh Raffi seems to be a hollow plastic doll with nothing much to offer becides a screaming voice. What is his national security policy? What is his economic policy? How does he plan to build a nation? Screaming won't get any of these things done and i bet even his strongest supporters do not know what his policies are regarding these issues ( i wonder if he himself knows).....
              exactly! What people also often overlook is the fact that not everything is in the presidents hands. With Serzh Sargsyan you at least know that he's coming with a full team of experienced people (Seyran Ohanyan, Tigran Sargsyan, Taron Margaryan etc. etc.) this however doesn't mean that the people around Serzh Sargsyan are secure of their position. There have been 20 personnel changes during the last 5 years of his presidency. But now lets look at raffiks team do we really want a crazy lunatic like zaruhi postanjyan to become a minister? Or rouben hakobian who accompanies raffik to every protest and always gets in a fight with the people attending and the only reason it doesn't amount to a fistfight is because raffik constrains him. Are these the people that can lead our country? I don't think so
              Last edited by Lernakan; 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

exactly! What people also often overlook is the fact that not everything is in the presidents hands.
                Here in Giant America I don't even pick who runs, they parade people in front of me and tell me " This guy or this guy is your choice " I have no choice! I don't even know where these people came from! But know it or not, you have a choice to pick Goldman employee #1 or employee #2! Does not matter who you vote for, Goldman wins!

What is shocking most of all is the delusional people here in this forum who think that they have some kind of insight, when even they are mere slaves to the system.

WAKE UP! Wake up people and smell some coffee!
                Last edited by Vahram; 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
                  Here in Giant America I don't even pick who runs, they parade people in front of me and tell me " This guy or this guy is your choice " I have no choice! I don't even know where these people came from! But know it or not, you have a choice to pick Goldman employee #1 or employee #2! Does not matter who you vote for, Goldman wins!

What is shocking most of all is the delusional people here in this forum who think that they have some kind of insight, when even they are mere slaves to the system.

WAKE UP! Wake up people and smell some coffee!
                  I just woke up (a long nights work) and read --- Goldman #1 or Goldman #2 choice
                  Too funny , very good analogy
                  Nice to wake up to a laugh , thanks
                  Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                    exactly! What people also often overlook is the fact that not everything is in the presidents hands. With Serzh Sargsyan you at least know that he's coming with a full team of experienced people (Seyran Ohanyan, Tigran Sargsyan, Taron Margaryan etc. etc.) this however doesn't mean that the people around Serzh Sargsyan are secure of their position. There have been 20 personnel changes during the last 5 years of his presidency. But now lets look at raffiks team do we really want a crazy lunatic like zaruhi postanjyan to become a minister? Or rouben hakobian who accompanies raffik to every protest and always gets in a fight with the people attending and the only reason it doesn't amount to a fistfight is because raffik constrains him. Are these the people that can lead our country? I don't think so
                    Raffi is elected president. He appoints Rouben Hakhverdian as minister of culture and education... New minister goes to work hard to combat alcoholism and political ineptness in artists, and to bring light of culture in some far away and lost places like Syunik or "azerbaijani region of Karabakh"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                      :..... With Serzh Sargsyan you at least know that he's coming with a full team of experienced people (Seyran Ohanyan, Tigran Sargsyan, Taron Margaryan etc. etc.) ....
                      You seem to be confused between elected people and appointed people.

Seyran Ohanyan was in the military, servant of the country and his people.
                      He was appointed as Minister of Defence.
                      Because of his principles of serving his country and his people he did not join the Republican Party.
                      As far as as I am aware he is the only minister who by choice decided to stay unaffiliated to any political party.
                      He would be an ideal candidate as DM in any future government.

Tigran Sargsyan was non partisan when appointed.
                      After appointment he recognised which side of his bread had butter so he joined the Republican Party.

Taron Margaryan as Mayor of Yerevan is elected to his post.

Last edited by londontsi; 03-19-2013, 08:46 PM.
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X