Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians on the verge of extinction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Armenians on the verge of extinction?

How many Armenians are there worldwide? I heard that Armenians only number a couple million. Whatever the number is, Armenians should seriously make increasing their numbers their number 1 priority. Armenians should breed like hell. Matter of fact, it should be in every Armenian's philosophy that any Armenian who doesn't have at least 4 kids, is a traitor to his/her people.

Re: Are Armenians on the verge of extinction?

Oh, please... We are not on the verge of extinction. You are exaggerating.
    But I agree. We need kids, since our country is apparently experiencing a demographic 'implosian' for various reasons. But I have noticed an increasing trend amongst our women who absolutely don't want to have any kids, or with their own mentality and words; they don't like to be a "breeding machine", etc. Weird... However, on the other hand, "breeding like hell" - as you suggest- is not the secret either.( What's the use of having, for instance, four or five self-hating, ignorant fruits?) The secret- in my opinion- would be; to give a proper education and discipline to these adorable creatures and to instil them with our values and that's a big responsibility that would take a lot of time and energy, for which only motivated, commited and eager people are needed.
    Last edited by Lucin; 10-12-2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
      Oh, please... We are not on the verge of extinction. You are exaggerating.
      But I agree. We need kids, since our country is apparently experiencing a demographic 'implosian' for various reasons. But I have noticed an increasing trend amongst our women who absolutely don't want to have any kids, or with their own mentality and words; they don't like to be a "breeding machine", etc. Weird... However, on the other hand, "breeding like hell" - as you suggest- is not the secret either.( What's the use of having, for instance, four or five self-hating, ignorant fruits?) The secret- in my opinion- would be; to give a proper education and discipline to these adorable creatures and to instil them with our values and that's a big responsibility that would take a lot of time and energy, for which only motivated, commited and eager people are needed.
      What are "our values"? As mentioned in my intro, I am here to try to understand what it means to be Armenian. It seems I notice so far primarily Christian in religious belief, is there a particular branch of Christianity that is more "typical" Armenian? I don't remember my grandfather ever going to church, but he was senile by the time I knew him and perhaps the family didn't want to expose him like that. Grandma went to the Baptist church but she wasn't Armenian.

I notice you live in Tehran. I don't know why that surprises me, but it does.
      I guess just knowing the dry history of the treatment of them and "us" would indicate to me a comradery. I have had no exposure to what I am reading on here.

This has been the most eye opening 12 hours I can remember in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post
        How many Armenians are there worldwide? I heard that Armenians only number a couple million. Whatever the number is, Armenians should seriously make increasing their numbers their number 1 priority. Armenians should breed like hell. Matter of fact, it should be in every Armenian's philosophy that any Armenian who doesn't have at least 4 kids, is a traitor to his/her people.
        Dude, Armenians have been around for thousands of years. We as a nation have probably been through more crap than the entire human race combined. So, don't worry we are not going anywhere. Besides, a large Armenian population on earth would most probably be a threat to the geopolitical stability of the world anyway. So, nature has a way of creating a delicate balance. Nevertheless, with some time and a little stability you will see what we, as a collective nation, can do.

Originally posted by Grandchild View Post
        What are "our values"? As mentioned in my intro, I am here to try to understand what it means to be Armenian. It seems I notice so far primarily Christian in religious belief, is there a particular branch of Christianity that is more "typical" Armenian?
        Armenian values/ethics are rooted in Orthodox Christianity and our national Church has the oldest Christian tradition on earth. Thus, the values of Orthodox Christianity are deeply ingrained in Armenian culture and identity. Armenian national values/cultural expressions are also deeply rooted in our ancient Aryan/Caucasian culture and beliefs.

I notice you live in Tehran. I don't know why that surprises me, but it does.
        There are Armenians living in most civilized nations on earth, including some uncivilized ones such as Uganda and Turkey, for example.

I guess just knowing the dry history of the treatment of them and "us" would indicate to me a comradery. I have had no exposure to what I am reading on here. This has been the most eye opening 12 hours I can remember in a long time.
        Well, eventually you will either find yourself here or loose yourself here. Armenians may be a lot of things but dull or unopinionated they are not. However, before you make-up your mind about us, please take your time and familiarize yourself with the national culture and identity first.

Here are some good websites that can help you do that:

Tour Armenia is a travel guide to Armenia, with detailed information and direciotns of over 500 destinations, a practical guide to Armenia listing cheap flights, hotels and lodging, eating out, and details on adventure tours, ecology, flower tours, birding, mountain climbing, history, religious tours.

Armenian History​ - Armenians, History of Armenia. Armenian Mythology, Armenian Culture, Armenian Religion, Kings and Queens, Maps of Armenia.

Some image galleries:

Selamat datang di RUPIAH369, situs penyedia Betting Terlaris online di Indonesia yg memudahkan para pemain untuk mendapatkan maxwin ataupun jackpot.

Here are some images that capture the Armenian spirit:

Last edited by Armenian; 10-12-2007, 07:54 PM.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Besides, a large Armenian population on earth would most probably be a threat to the geopolitical stability of the world anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
            Dude, Armenians have been around for thousands of years. We as a nation have probably been through more crap than the entire human race combined. So, don't worry we are not going anywhere. Besides, a large Armenian population on earth would most probably be a threat to the geopolitical stability of the world anyway. So, nature has a way of creating a delicate balance. Nevertheless, with some time and a little stability you will see what we, as a collective nation, can do.

Armenian values/ethics are rooted in Orthodox Christianity and our national Church has the oldest Christian tradition on earth. Thus, the values of Orthodox Christianity are deeply ingrained in Armenian culture and identity. Armenian national values/cultural expressions are also deeply rooted in our ancient Aryan/Caucasian culture and beliefs.

There are Armenians living in most civilized nations on earth, including some uncivilized ones such as Uganda and Turkey, for example.

Well, eventually you will either find yourself here or loose yourself here. Armenians may be a lot of things but dull or unopinionated they are not. However, before you make-up your mind about us, please take your time and familiarize yourself with the national culture and identity first.

Thank you for your detailed response. I've looked in the phone book and looks like a Greek Orthodox church is the closet to what you mentioned. Would this be approximately correct?

I know some of what you've discussed, like the "age" of Armenian culture. I certainly know the temperament.

I've been amazed at some of what I've read here, and how much in alignment they are with my own intellectual evaluations of world affairs (not having ever had an "Armenian" slant, just straight intellectual evaluation.) Yet here I am reading about issues that I have been thrown off numerous forums just for considering to question; and here it seems common conversation. Pretty cool so far.

Though I suspect my remarks may be minimized after admitting this; I'm not a dude, I'm a dudette.

Comment

Though I suspect my remarks may be minimized after admitting this; I'm not a dude, I'm a dudette.

Minimized??? I think they were magnified...

Please tell us more about yourself, dudette. In your introduction thread you said that the current news about the Armenian Genocide resolution got you interested. That is interesting because sometimes within the Armenian diaspora it takes an event to trigger the awakening of the Armenian spirit within. For me it was the earthquake and the Artsakh war movement in the late 1980s that did it.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post

Minimized??? I think they were magnified...

Please tell us more about yourself, dudette. In your introduction thread you said that the current news about the Armenian Genocide resolution got you interested. That is interesting because sometimes within the Armenian diaspora it takes an event to trigger the awakening of the Armenian spirit within. For me it was the earthquake and the Artsakh war movement in the late 1980s that did it.
                Well, I am older and my story is very long. To peek at the most recent page you would find a longing to find "home" somewhere in the world, but a resignation that it is likely too late to do more than dream. ( I do actually own a home; but that isn't what I mean).

Comment

To peek at the most recent page you would find a longing to find "home" somewhere in the world, but a resignation that it is likely too late to do more than dream. ( I do actually own a home; but that isn't what I mean).
                  I know exactly what you mean. I am no spring chicken myself, and I have more-or-less been searching as well. For individuals with spiritual depth that "search" never ends. In final analysis, however, home is where the heart is. And in my case my heart and soul is with my family and my homeland. And regarding the homeland: I see Armenia as my mother and America as my wife.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Lucky you to have such ties. I am the black sheep of the family and have no contact with them in decades. And though I should call USA my homeland, I have never felt a part and tend to being entirely too critical of her. My congratulations to you for having a solid foundation.

Comment

Working...
                    X