Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians on the verge of extinction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concern

Mos jan, if we only had more youth like you. If you represent the future of our nation then we as a nation have nothing to worry about. I salute you and your parents.

Apres yeghbayr
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's all the parents' fault. Which makes stories of adults who discover their roots on their own so much more precious and wonderful. Sadly, in most other cases, children in whom the Armenian spirit was allowed to die or was even forcibly put out, will not discover it in their adulthood.

Comment

Re: Are Armenians on the verge of extinction?

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
        En vor asum en denet tak teghits galis, hima konna.

Ahh...you should of been right there with me when my father left for karabakh, you should been there sitting in darkness for months in freezing winter, you should of been there when we entered Osetiya and Armenian-Georgian border, you should of been there when KGB entered our house, you should of been there when we took 1 week train ride to cyberia, you should of been there when we entered Amsterdam, but you weren't there, because you were busy growing up in this glorious land.

I am sorry that my eyes don't look at Armenia the same way you eyes do. And all you can do is call me names.

Keep taking trips back to Yerevan every summer, hey at least your doing something, for yourself.
        I am so sorry for you to have had to struggle so much. I hope you have healed in yourself and in your family. Those are the most important "fatherlands" no matter where you are.

Comment

[QUOTE=Armenian;182454]
          Just stop the your nonsense, Fedayeen. None of what you wrote has any bearing on what we are discussing here.
          We as a race are on danger, what i said clearly shows on what kind of disaster, at least most of us in diaspora are in. No wonder i don't make sense to you.

And you wont get any sympathy from me, because none of what you have told me is an excuse for spiritually and physically abandoning your fatherland. As if you are the only one with a sob story. Get on line. You are simply making superficial excuses for your self-hate, pessimism and defeatism.
          You live in a world of denial. Yeh we tried really hard to come up an excuse

Self-hate...wow...you got a lot of guts, let me tell you. How can you bring yourself to call another Armenian self-hating individual? What makes you better Armenian then me?

Listen dude, throw in the towel and get on with your life here in the "glorious land" of Armendale.
          I wish i was that selfish, i wish i was that stupid, i wish i could pretend everything is good. I wish i could just buy a benz, buy a house, and live my life with towel over my head. But no, because as you say, i'm one of those. Its easy for people to forget where they come from, because its so easy to get destructed in this materialistic world and be part of grand plan of Armenians extingshion supported by jooish.

Living as an Armenian without a connection to the homeland is pointless and senseless.
          If that by you mean visiting Yerevan every summer, then yes i have to disagree.

You are right, Armenia is not for people like you. Sadly, there are a lot of people like you stuck over there, I wish they could leave as well. You don't have the maturity to see the Fatherland for what it is or needs to become. And the funniest thing here is your user name.

Of course it not, its for people who are criminals, liers, killers, inhuman, don't care about the future, and mafios & really poor people. I am sorry i could not fit in in any of those categories

Yeh i agree i was a just a little boy when i saw what "fatherland" was. Wish i was older back then so i could of understand that its not so bad.

Yeh its pretty funny user name, i get that a lot.

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          And yeah - ձայնս «շատ» տաք տեղից է գալիս:

Comment

As you said, through out the history, our people been through even worse situations, then we are facing today. But they managed to survive and keep the legacy alive.

I'm afraid we will never reach the point where we as a race are not facing danger. Because we have people like you who put them selfs above others.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Over the years, during my residence in the States I have noticed a rather disturbing thing. That thing is Armenians forgetting their heritage and culture and become "American." I am not tending to give the label "american" a bad reputation, but instead I am concerned with the people who are of Armenian descent, that dont recognize their ethnicity, show no interest in their native culture, but instead want to "blend" in with everybody else, with majority not recognizing their culture, but instead labeling themselves as "Americans." I for one was not born in the States but grew up in the states for a large amount of time and even though it has been sometimes difficult to sustain my full culture and ethnicity, through this "melting pot" of American society especially after 9/11. I know many Armenians (some by just looking at their last names, then actually seeing them) that show not even the slightest desire to recognize their real Armenian heritage, and once I asked one of these people what country they were from, they said Italian/Arabic , and then later they said an Armenian phrase "ինչ պես էս" , and stated it was Arabic. This is one of the instances that I noticed where an Armenian completed ignored his or her nationality. As Armenians have and do dispearse around the world I wish they could still sustain, their culture (as many do) and remain Armenian even though every one around them is of a different culture/nationality.

Yeah I know some of these people do that too. I hear some even say they are Mexican to sound like hardcore gangster or something, stupid people I dont know what their parents are thinking

Comment

You are right, Armenia is not for people like you. Sadly, there are a lot of people like you stuck over there, I wish they could leave as well.
                Armenian, I used to like you, in fact I think that you are one of the greatest minds in this forum. But with this thread and with your remarks here you have disappointed me. You are telling an unfortunate refugee from Armenia that Armenia is not for people like him and wishing even more Hayastantsis would leave their homeland. WTF?? ...Listen, with all due respect, but it seems that you are forgetting who you are. You are an akhpar, so behave yourself accordingly and don't get cheeky, Ekhav ara?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahan View Post
                  Armenian, I used to like you, in fact I think that you are one of the greatest minds in this forum. But with this thread and with your remarks here you have disappointed me.
                  I am not interested in wining the hearts and minds of the readers. I simply speak my mind. Some will support what I say others will not, its natural. Instead of getting antsy, if you have a point to make in support of a counterargument, make it.

You are telling an unfortunate refugee from Armenia that Armenia is not for people like him and wishing even more Hayastantsis would leave their homeland. WTF?? ...
                  Yes, it's obvious you are confused. Personally, I have nothing against the "unfortunate refugee" from Armenia. He seems to be a decent person. However, the person in question should learn to respect the concept of a Fatherland and learn to serve the nation unconditionally. And I give a rat's ass how much money one has, how much education one has, or where one is born. What matters to me are individuals who have a healthy, objective and balanced approach to their troubled homeland. The person in question has obviously had bad experiences, as have so many others like him. But that does not give him the right to more-or-less give up on his nation and not see the point of preserving the Armenian identity in the diaspora. What good is he as an Armenian if he/she does not have a viable healthy connection to the homeland? What would your avatar sake Garegin say about this matter? The point is, we don't need any more defeatists who sow the seeds of discontent in our society, we have too many as is.

I don't want to go into detail but the Armenian Republic today is full of worthless and useless citizens. In my opinion, they should all be allowed to gradually leave the nation. At the same time, however, there should be a pan-Armenian program set up to attract conscientious Armenians from around the world. Anyway, why don't you read the entire exchange of words between him and I before you make yourself out to be an idiot.

Listen, with all due respect, but it seems that you are forgetting who you are. You are an akhpar, so behave yourself accordingly and don't get cheeky
                  Don't forget I'm an Akhpar? Are you one of them ppzogh geghatsis? What is your point?

, Ekhav ara?
                  Learn correct Armenian grammar. It's spelled "yeghav" (Եղավ) and my name is not Ara.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't want to go into detail but the Armenian Republic today is full of worthless and useless citizens. In my opinion, they should all be allowed to gradually leave the nation.
                    It might sound 'harsh' to some but I agree with you wholeheartedly. These kind have always been an impedement for the country's developpment and prosperity, not only today but throughout Armenia's history.

Are you one of them ppzogh geghatsis?
                    Last edited by Lucin; 10-30-2007, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
                      As you said, through out the history, our people been through even worse situations, then we are facing today. But they managed to survive and keep the legacy alive.
                      The "they" you are referring to "survived" more-or-less within the region of the Armenian homeland within Islamic societies, namely that of the Ottoman Empire and Persia. The then equivalent of a western diaspora, the medieval Armenian communities of eastern Europe numbering over a quarter million, disappeared into the pages of history. And today in this modern age of materialism and liberalism, especially in the western world, modern Armenian communities have no chance in hell of preserving their national identity past several generations.

So, what is it all about, do you attempt to preserve or do you disappear? Look at your parents, according to what you said, they claim that they would never step foot in the Armenian Republic again.... Let's think of that conviction for a moment... Had most Armenians been like your parents what would have become of the Armenian nation? For me, your parents, like many others in our republic and the diaspora today, are total wastes as Armenians. And if it makes you feel any better, I also have family members like that. I don't associate myself with them and I don't even allow my children to spend any amount of time with their children.

I'm afraid we will never reach the point where we as a race are not facing danger. Because we have people like you who put them selfs above others.
                      I'm putting myself above others and that is why the Armenian Republic is in danger??? What the heck are you talking about Had I been selfish, I would not waste my precious time in this board and I would live a very comfortable "American" life. The Armenian Republic, good or bad, is my only homeland. I have a duty to be apart of it unconditionally. And it is my duty to participate in its development in any way that I can.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X