Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The sad state of affairs of the forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why the hell is the armenian club chatroom a ghost town

I agree, and my own inactivity is a result of school. Soon will be free.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Is Anonymouse a new Hitler?

We can post Ottoman Flags like this:

Responsible for 1.5 to 2 million Christian deaths, but God forbid we post:

UNDERSTAND, I AM NOT A NAZI NOR IS ARMENIAN, BUT YOU ARE BEING BRAINWASHED VIA MENTAL CONDITIONING

YOU FEAR THE SECOND IMAGE, BUT HAVE NO EMOTIONS TOWARDS THE FIRST, ADMIT IT!

This is because for years you have been taught to view everything evil in Nazi symbols. Consider that the symbols on the Ottoman flag, the "Crescent" is no different than the "Swastika" on the Nazi flag, have you asked yourself why one symbol strikes you with fear while the other is tolerated to the point where the modern republic of Turkey is allowed to use it again on its flag? Does this very simple double standard even remotly register in your heads?

Comment

Here's an image for you:

Last edited by Sip; 11-27-2007, 11:05 PM.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

As demonstrated over and over and over, people very soon get sick of spam. A forum full of spam will INEVITABLY lose all its valuable members. Recently, all you see here is jew this and jew that and Israel this and Israel that. Most people who visit such forums are either interested in connecting with fellow Armenians or trying to learn about relevant Armenian issues. The jew talk, although interesting and relevant at times, gets VERY boring after a while ... especially when you show up and there are like 10 threads on the same nonsense over and over and over.

Worst of all it's always the same few that just go on defending each other and after a while get the feeling that their own poop don't stink.

And there is NOTHING wrong with attracting young and fresh members with car talk, rap, and humor and hoping they will stick around and occasionally read the more "intellectual" (note this is not equivalent to "jew bashing") threads. I really despise the "snobish" attitudes of those who somehow consider themselves superior to everyone else and almost immediately alienate anyone who might not be deemed as intellectually superior as they are. We need to retain new members (not the obvious Turkish trolls of course) and telling them "car talk" and "humor" is not welcome is not a good way to do it IMO.

There is an appropriate section for everything and everything has it's time and place.
          Last edited by Sip; 11-27-2007, 11:27 PM.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Sip; the good will ambassador of Hryas...

Originally posted by Sip View Post
            Recently, all you see here is jew this and jew that and Israel this and Israel that.
            I haven't seen much. But has it been unjust or unfair?

In any case, I don't see why you (as an Armenian) get upset???

Comment

No Anon is not a new hitler ... and Sip I agree with your assertion about the state of the forums. Think it comes and goes ...

Where are you from Virgil, and where are you now ... please don't say behind me.

Hey Anon new forum rule?? No obnoxiously large linked images of hitler mmmkay?

I duece on this thread as well ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Sip; the good will ambassador of Hryas...
                Why do you lower yourself to this level? I really think you have a bit more sense than that.

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                In any case, I don't see why you (as an Armenian) get upset???
                I have said this before and will say it again: I don't know which one is worse ... Turks that show up openly denying the Genocide or the Nazis that show up and pretending they give a damn about Armenians.
                Last edited by Sip; 11-28-2007, 03:38 AM.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Heil Mouse! Heil Mouse! Heil Mouse!

Comment

Why do you lower yourself to this level? I really think you have a bit more sense than that.
                    Lower yourself to what level? What the xxxx are you talking about? The level of reality right? For how many more years are you going to ignore the very reality of these views.

Originally posted by sip
                    I have said this before and will say it again: I don't know which one is worse ... Turks that show up openly denying the Genocide or the Nazis that show up and pretending they give a damn about Armenians.
                    What nonsense is this? Why is anyone a Nazi when they critisize the xxxish state and people? Does this make sense to you, at all? You are telling me that their is no grip over world opinion, but here you are defending them it is like they have reprogrammed every Armerican with their views. And what is funny is that you do not even try to understand what the hell it is I am trying to communicate to you, your first impulse is to view my opinions as somehow a threat to you by calling me a "Nazi", how obvious is this, hello, does anyone notice this?

Your stupid if you think that by staying quiet you can reap some benefit from xxxs, the reality is that they are employing this very same media crusade against the Armenian people (i.e. Turks a secular people, Turkey a "secular western democracy", "Iran, a fundimentalist regime", "Russia, a oppresive regime", "Kosovo belongs to Albanians", "Cyrus, not being reasonable in negotiations, and etc ... ). You are ridiculous, go to any xxxish forum, they will die for their Israel. I am not hung up about the choose people, but again, it does not take a person with half a brain and some moral convinctions to see (a) Israel and xxxs are minipulating public opinion and (b) exploting this very public opinion for injust reasons.
                    Last edited by Virgil; 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM.

Comment

As demonstrated over and over and over, people very soon get sick of spam. A forum full of spam will INEVITABLY lose all its valuable members. Recently, all you see here is jew this and jew that and Israel this and Israel that. Most people who visit such forums are either interested in connecting with fellow Armenians or trying to learn about relevant Armenian issues. The jew talk, although interesting and relevant at times, gets VERY boring after a while ... especially when you show up and there are like 10 threads on the same nonsense over and over and over.

Worst of all it's always the same few that just go on defending each other and after a while get the feeling that their own poop don't stink.

And there is NOTHING wrong with attracting young and fresh members with car talk, rap, and humor and hoping they will stick around and occasionally read the more "intellectual" (note this is not equivalent to "jew bashing") threads. I really despise the "snobish" attitudes of those who somehow consider themselves superior to everyone else and almost immediately alienate anyone who might not be deemed as intellectually superior as they are. We need to retain new members (not the obvious Turkish trolls of course) and telling them "car talk" and "humor" is not welcome is not a good way to do it IMO.

There is an appropriate section for everything and everything has it's time and place.
                      Wow, talk about the teapot calling the kettle black? Every post anyone has made with regards to the events you are refering to has been in the appropriate sections, don't accuse people of imaginary violations, you post a opinion, people respond or they don't, you don't have to read my comments, you don't have to respond to them.

But you know what ticks me off though is when you write, "A forum full of spam will INEVITABLY lose all its valuable members", xxxx you, your ideas are as much of a "spam" as mine or anyone elses and I am as valuable as your degenerate ass is, the only differences is that because you are getting crushed under the intellectual weight of certain comments you are now acting like I or any like minded individuals are the "big bad wolf" and you are "little red riding hood", however, 9 times out of 10 you are the one that verbally attacks members with one liners.

Understand, I did not violate you and if you have read my posts not once have I insulted anyone including you. If I were to post somthing along the lines, "Yeah, I am dating a Alien and having threesome with a Zebra", you would be a the first one to compliment on my post and it would not be considered "spam", but because I talk about somthing beyond your sphere of understanding you try to ostersize me and likeminded individuals because our ideas don't sit well in your head, which is fine, but don't accuse me of spamming the board with "reduncy". If it was "reduncy" I would not have to post them on the board, now would I? No I wounld not.

On the other hand, you are the one that continually camp posts and insult every idea that is not part of mainstream liberal ideology, if even that, at least liberals defend some values. You don't even contribute to any discussion, all you do is write some "one line" just to derail the thread because it does not fall in, for a lack of a better description, the "liberal mainstream". IF anyone contributes to derailing threads its you and your little mafioso members that try to attack moderators and conservative members for their views, I am not stupid I know you send comments to the moderators instead of having the decency to comment with sound intellectual ideas.

The bottomline is you can post in what ever section you want to post in, we live in a United States and this is a American forum based on American values, this includes freedomw of speech. Furthermore, anybody that wants to "connect" with one another can connect, you are older enough to avoid political discussion if you don't have the intellectual capacity to participate in them. I don't have a gun to your head forcing you to read my posts.

Spam my ass, half the time the topic gets derailed because you derail it and spew out the same garbage some jackass like Bill O'Rielly or Bill Muer would say, by the way, you don't have tolerate the truth for much longer, I just came here to raz some members and be a counterweight to degenerate ideas because no one is saying anything either because they are afraid of you or people like or they are shy.

Its funny, after reading your comments its no suprise to find Armenians in this state, after 90 years we still have are heads in our asses and on the base level can not even adhere to a single value that are forefathers passed on to us, is it suprising that our state and people is in shambles? Turks put people like Ataturk on pedistal, they worship them and in the process develop a nation into one of the most successful nations of the 21th century and one grounded in a sollid vision of the respective leader (one vision fueled by nationalism), however, Armenians take their nationalist and leaders, put them in boxes, silencing them in the process, and worship false idols with the same mindset as Siphan, which essentially is the mindset of a nillist that defends no core Armenian and or human values, there is not one post where you have ever defended a traditional Armenian values, instead, you replace culture and traditional values with emptyness.

Admit it Siphan, you value nothing, at least I value somthing and am willing to defend these values, enough said, no more replies.

However, I agree with you that anyone should be able to post anything and anywhere, I don't care what you post, but as long as I post my opinions in politics section, you have the option of joining the discussion or you can just avoid it or sit at the sidelines, but don't accuse of being "fascist" or some ridiculous nonsense like that. Likewise, no one has a right to limit the posting, I think Armenian is motivated by the intolerant views with regards serious discussion, we can post about meaningless reduncies like "Britney Spears" and the rest of half wits in Hollywood, but we get crusified for talking about meaningful events and view points, face it, even here a double standard is placed on views.
                      Last edited by Virgil; 11-28-2007, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X