Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Discussion on Armenia's nation/culture/civilization/race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on Armenia's nation/culture/civilization/race

This thread is a result of the messy cleanup that occured here: http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread.php?t=15905

A lot of it was due to bickering, supporting eachother's nationalistic sentiments and posting otherwise irrelevant content to the serious topic that was at hand.

I decided not to go and delete all of the irrelevant stuff because I considered some of the discussion to be relevant, but I went ahead and deleted what I deemed was not useful or too isolated of a comment.
    Last edited by jgk3; 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM.

Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Sero
    He's a Turk on this forum who in one thread accepted the Armenian Genocide happening but then denies it happened. He'll always stand up in front of an Armenian even when he's wrong. Btw Merci Anoush jan

Ayo, Just like KaroTheGreat's signature said, "Miyayn zenkov guka Hayots prgutyun!!!" Merci Jgk3 Jan

YOU SAID ITMiayn zenkov gay HAYOTS PERGOUTYOUN.... So guys please please Tashnagtsoutyoun is on your mine and for Armenias side... most of them they would give their life for our sacred cause just like you and me would.

Sero jan you dont have to thank me janik. Because it comes from the heart just like yours and jgk3s does.

I am so proud of all of you guys for being such giving guys for your brethren and for your beloved country as it is mine too.... and I love you all that you feel this way... exactly the way I do... I love this Forum now and may it live a loooong time. I know I am a passionate Armenian like you guys but I cant help myself.
    Last edited by Anoush; 01-05-2009, 06:50 AM.

Comment

All this talk of fighting. If you stop and think for a moment, you're putting your life on the line for something. For what? A language?

For me, unless it's God, not much else, maybe a few other things, warrant that kind of sacrifice.

Comment

You keep thinking like that, it makes our job easier

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
          YOU SAID ITMiayn zenkov gay HAYOTS PERGOUTYOUN.... So guys please please Tashnagtsoutyoun is on your mine and for Armenias side... most of them they would give their life for our sacred cause just like you and me would.

Sero jan you dont have to thank me janik. Because it comes from the heart just like yours and jgk3s does.

I am so proud of all of you guys for being such giving guys for your brethren and for your beloved country as it is mine too.... and I love you all that you feel this way... exactly the way I do... I love this Forum now and may it live a loooong time. I know I am a passionate Armenian like you guys but I cant help myself.
          You know, for a long time, I had forgotten that feeling from the heart. I felt it when I was 5 or 6 though, there must've been a lot of talk about the Armenian-Azeri war at the time and I really wanted to be a soldier at that age. I never learned the outcome of the war though haha, my parents had such an aversion towards these matters.

I only really felt it again rather recently, when Georgia started bombing S. Ossetia. Suddenly I felt this surge of how volatile life is and why we must fight for it, suddenly I realized that all this bad rap on honour and giving one's life for the nation is just to keep us sterile and weak. It was the first time in my life that I ever witnessed (though through the news and internet videos) chaos in the world that I felt a sense of connection towards. I immediately felt this strong urge to go and join our own army at that point.

Right now it's calmed down, thanks to the fact that I live somewhere where no one comprehends the purpose of fighting. But I know very well that I'll feel the same thing again when Armenia needs to fight. In the meantime, I want to make an environment here for myself though that reminds me of this often enough so that I can feel prepared for when I actually arrive.

You're the first woman I've met who I can share this with, and god, what a sense of relief! I wish more Armenian women understood what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
            You keep thinking like that, it makes our job easier
            No. No, it's not going to help you. The Islamic ruling is that not even a hand span of land can be given up to infidels. It becomes compulsory for every able bodied person, even women and children that can walk and pick up brick, broom or rock to dispel disbelievers.

I should have been more clear and specified that "Kemalism" is not enough for me to fight, because it's really nothing special. Kemalism is just the worldy and unspiritual phenomena of nationalism applied to the Turks. In that regard, every people have a right to self determination in theory, but it's a farce to think they have a right to infringe on other's rights. I don't live by nationalistic philosophies and at the least I try not live by any worldly/existential philosophies.

I'm pretty sure you've read "All Quiet on the Western Front" or have seen its production in film, have you? My understanding of nationalism is that it is a vain and empty philosophy.
            Last edited by SoyElTurco; 01-05-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

good for you SoyElTurco, that's actually the doctrine that got the Muslim empire so vast when scimitars were advanced enough to get the job done.

I do wonder though why the Arab-Israeli war was such a catastrophe... Maybe not all the islamic world, but a big chunk of it, wanted to destroy the infidels, and they xxxxed up because they were poorly organized. Hell, now none of those countries have an airforce anymore because they were decimated by the Israelis. Good job. (though now they're finally starting to reorganize them).

So the doctrine isn't enough. You can't be a bunch of fat idiots holding guns, you must live a way of life that leads to the imperium. Now, go look at your numbers living in Turkey and tell me how many of them share your doctrine and lifestyle that actually has this potential to kick infidel ass.
              Last edited by jgk3; 01-05-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                good for you SoyElTurco, that's actually the doctrine that got the Muslim empire so vast when scimitars were advanced enough to get the job done.

I do wonder though why the Arab-Israeli war was such a catastrophe... Maybe not all the islamic world, but a big chunk of it, wanted to destroy the infidels, and they xxxxed up because they were poorly organized. Hell, now none of those countries have an airforce anymore because they were decimated by the Israelis. Good job. (though now they're finally starting to reorganize them).

So the doctrine isn't enough. You can't be a bunch of fat idiots holding guns, you must live a way of life that leads to the imperium. Now, go look at your numbers living in Turkey and tell me how many of them share your doctrine and lifestyle that actually has this potential to kick infidel ass.
                You've stated many concerns that are discussed among the concerned of Muslims. Colonialism ended more than half a century ago, we're only the third and now forth generation out of colonialism, and now we are bombarded with all these ideas of being "modern" and western. Sadly, not all of us do the bare minimum of praying five times a day and observing fast for one month out of the year let alone trying to take a piece of land thbarely the size of New Jersey back from 6 million xxxs. These things take time. It's not just the Muslim world that experienced the weight of colonialism.

Maybe you could relate - it's only been 18 years since the collapse of the Soviet Union - that does take time to adjust and organize a people's thoughts.
                Last edited by SoyElTurco; 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Last edited by crusader1492; 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soyelturco
                    Several former Soviet bloc countries have this problem completely remedied, such as Poland, Georgia and Ukraine, who are western oriented and pay attention to the human rights standards of the west.

You've got to be joking! Both georgia and ukraine, especially the former, are in chaos politically and socially. Poland is more advanced true, but it still has quite a distance to go before it really joins the ranks of western europe. Georgia is a failed state and in 20 years will either not exist or be half the size it is now and I'm not even counting S. Ossetia or Abkhazia. With every passing day Ukraine is coming closer to a civil war which will see the east go with Russia and the west go with the so called 'west'.

In many respects Armenia is much more advanced than ukraine and certainly georgia, and I venture to say our Armed Forces could give the poles are serious run for their money in terms of battle readiness and tenacity.
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                    X