Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians white????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Armenians white????

Hello, I'm a German from Berlin... I have 2 Armenian friends they look very European looking and have light hair and light eyes can you guys tell me if majority of the Armenians are white or not?

Re: Are Armenians white????

lol ya i think were white at least i know i am LOL

Comment

No we are a bit darker then white although you will find lots of variations among us with some being white and some pretty dark.The phnotype of the armenian race has a good deal of variation in it.Some people look like they are from western europe and some looklike they are from a arab country.The armenian nose and our short stature seem to be a prevalent phenotyp unfortunatly hehe.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan
        No we are a bit darker then white although you will find lots of variations among us with some being white and some pretty dark.The phnotype of the armenian race has a good deal of variation in it.Some people look like they are from western europe and some looklike they are from a arab country.The armenian nose and our short stature seem to be a prevalent phenotyp unfortunatly hehe.
        Is the Arab look a minority in Armenians or majority?

Comment

Originally posted by German66 View Post
          Is the Arab look a minority in Armenians or majority?
          This is a good example:

Would you say the above person is "white"?

How about this one?

The answer: they are both Armenian and have both been presidents of Armenia. This is a pretty good summation of the different looks among Armenians.

Comment

Armenians are Indo-europeans. Check www.armenianhighland.com for more info(recomendation). If you happen to be a racist i recommend you the following sites: www.panaryan.com. Some racist Armenians have even made a forum for other racists Armenians, their site is called www.armenianaryans.com, but i wouldn't take those guys to serious cause many of them dont know what they are saying.

Comment

What is the "Arab look"? How does a Saudi look like a Syrian? How does an Iraqi look like an Algerian?

What is the "European" look? How does Arnold Schwarzneggar look anything remotely similar to a common Mediterranean type? Is there such a thing as this homogenous sense of "European" "white" appearance? How come Italians can have a dark tan, yet you don't hesitate to call them European, or white? How come many Russians can have mongoloid features, yet there is no hesitation to call them white? How come Spanish people who have Arab blood, are admitted as Europeans?

To me, this question of "European" is more about Geographical boundaries than anything else to the common inquirer who hasn't looked into the variety of phenotypes the Europid race can manifest itself in.

Why is it that, just because Armenians live in a different region in the world, our phenotypes which are inherently Europid, are questionable to Europeans? The simple answer is.... regional bias.

Armenians have their own variety of appearances, just as Germans, French, English, Arabs, Russians do within their own multitude of phenotypes. We have our own flavour which has historically creeped itself both southwards in modern Arab regions (so it can be easily said just as easily that it is Northern Arabs who look like us, as an alternative to the conventional idea that we look like them) and northward/westward into Europe.

All of this "white" "European" is a matter of definition in the end. Why should we have to entertain this insecurity put forth by having to "pass as white" or "pass as arab" or pass as something defined by Eurocentrists. We recognize ourselves as Armenian. Perhaps during ancient times, foreigners seemed to have understood this better because we were not such an obscure nation to them.
              Last edited by jgk3; 01-27-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

The first picture looks suspicious to me, the 2nd picture looks white to me... I would say you're other leader robert kocharian looked quite Sicilian italian

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post

All of this "white" "European" is a matter of definition in the end. Why should we have to entertain this insecurity put forth by having to "pass as white" or "pass as arab" or pass as something defined by Eurocentrists. We recognize ourselves as Armenian. Perhaps during ancient times, foreigners seemed to have understood this better because we were not such an obscure nation to them.
                  One-drop rule! Those dirty Armenids need to go to the back of the bus!

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
                    What is the "Arab look"? How does a Saudi look like a Syrian? How does an Iraqi look like an Algerian?

What is the "European" look? How does Arnold Schwarzneggar look anything remotely similar to a common Mediterranean type? Is there such a thing as this homogenous sense of "European" "white" appearance? How come Italians can have a dark tan, yet you don't hesitate to call them European, or white? How come many Russians can have mongoloid features, yet there is no hesitation to call them white? How come Spanish people who have Arab blood, are admitted as Europeans?

To me, this question of "European" is more about Geographical boundaries than anything else to the common inquirer who hasn't looked into the variety of phenotypes the Europid race can manifest itself in.

Why is it that, just because Armenians live in a different region in the world, our phenotypes which are inherently Europid, are questionable to Europeans? The simple answer is.... regional bias.

Armenians have their own variety of appearances, just as Germans, French, English, Arabs, Russians do within their own multitude of phenotypes. We have our own flavour which has historically creeped itself both southwards in modern Arab regions (so it can be easily said that it is Northern Arabs who look like us, instead of the conventional idea that we look like them) and northward/westward into Europe.

I consider Armenians as white. perhaps the reason why some Armenians look Arab is because during the Ottoman times; Armenians were forced or driven to Middle-Eastern countries and they got Iranizied or Arabizied.

Do Armenians marry with Christian Arabs? perhaps thats why you see some Middle-Eastern type Armenians.

Comment

Working...
                    X