Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians white????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Armenians white????

Originally posted by German66 View Post
    The first picture looks suspicious to me, the 2nd picture looks white to me... I would say you're other leader robert kocharian looked quite Sicilian italian
    Why is the first picture suspicious?? That is Levon Ter-Petrossian. Many Armenians look like that and many Armenians look like the second picture. It's all a matter of perspective.

In the end, there is only an Armenian nation, not an Armenian "race" so to speak.

Comment

I consider Armenians as white. perhaps the reason why some Armenians look Arab is because during the Ottoman times; Armenians were forced or driven to Middle-Eastern countries and they got Iranizied or Arabizied.
      Levon's family came from the Ottoman empire so this statement obviously does not hold true. Contrarily, Serj Sargsyan's family came from "Russian" Armenia. It goes to show that Armenians are varied in their appearance.

Do Armenians marry with Christian Arabs? perhaps thats why you see some Middle-Eastern type Armenians.
      Possibly, but I don't think it's as wide spread as in Western Countries with majority Christian populations.

Comment

I think he has some xxxish ancestry his facial expression does not look white to me thats just my opinion however.

Possibly, but I don't think it's as wide spread as in Western Countries with majority Christian populations.
        I have heard Armenians are the most sensitive when it comes to marrying with other enthic groups is this true?

Comment

I think they'll be able to help you out a lot more here:

Comment

I find it interesting that German66's registration date is today in light of the recent 'drama'. Hmm.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

I'm not a racist, I just like discussing about genetics thats all.. anyways as a German I love Armenians and I consider them to be brothers of the German people.

Comment

I consider Armenians as white. perhaps the reason why some Armenians look Arab is because during the Ottoman times; Armenians were forced or driven to Middle-Eastern countries and they got Iranizied or Arabizied.

Do Armenians marry with Christian Arabs? perhaps thats why you see some Middle-Eastern type Armenians.
                In the Levant Arab countries you will find Armenians marrying Christian Arabs. We've also absorbed Assyrians in the past into our genepool.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
                  In the Levant Arab countries you will find Armenians marrying Christian Arabs. We've also absorbed Assyrians in the past into our genepool.
                  Interesting.. do a lot of them marry with Christian Arabs? I have heard that many Assyrian people usually want to marry with Armenians because of some "christian brotherhood" thing.

Comment

yes, they appealed to the Armenian Apostolic Church in the past because I guess it had more prominence than their own church during late Ottoman times.

Considering the marriage rate nowadays between Armenian in the Middle Eastern diaspora and non-Armenians, I think it's much more elevated than before, especially in Istanbul. I don't know about Lebanon, Syria or Egypt but I hear about these cases here and there of Armenians marrying Arab Christians. In the past, we've had wealthy Armenian families living in those countries even marry wealthy muslims (and wealthy muslims would also marry wealthy arab Christians too), I guess because they lived in a strata of society that was above the tribalism/factionism/sectism (whatever you want to call it) of the lower classes. However, the numbers of such intermarriages in the upper classes are not really representative of Armenians as a whole living in the diaspora. And even so, marrying Muslims doesn't translate into marrying a dark, non-European person. By contrast, certain cases of Armenians marrying these wealthy Muslims entailed an Armenian marrying someone very fair in complexion, with blue eyes and even blond hair.

It is easy to run into assumptions on what exactly these intermarriages entailed at the genetic, or phenotypical level based on common stereotypes on this "arab" appearance, something you still need to break down properly if you wish to understand the makeup of the Middle East in terms of physical appearance and their regional diversity.

Comment

May I ask why Armenians are so fond of marrying with Christian Arabs? as a Indo-European peoples the Armenians if they want to marry with other ethnic groups should marry with there European christian brothers but thats my opinion.

whatever the case I don't think its good for the Armenian genepool when these type of marriages occur. every nations forthfathers fought to keep there own race pure.. that includes countries like France/UK/Finland and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                      X