Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians white????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Armenians white????

Armenians are related to Europeans. If you understood the principle of Med migrations (Which created every European appearance that is not Cro-magnid, in other words, every European appearance that isn't reminiscent of Arnold Schwarzneggar or all those other Cromagnid types that dominate the British Isles for example, you'd figure out that they had to pass through the Armenian Highlands first to get into Europe.

After this population of Europe by Meds, later waves of peoples from the Armenian Highlands who developped under conditions of Armenization made their way into Europe, and Europeans in turn, making their way from the Caucasus mountains or the Bosporus, would populate the Armenian highlands with their own regional types of Med which evolved later on.

You need to understand this interaction as dynamic, a process that made up both the character of those living in Europe and those in the Middle East. If you can't understand that, then there is nothing more to say.
    Last edited by jgk3; 01-27-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I always figured Armenians were most related to Greeks and Southern Italians. I'm sure some Armenians can relate to Italians and Greeks in appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by German66 View Post
        I always figured Armenians were most related to Greeks and Southern Italians. I'm sure some Armenians can relate to Italians and Greeks in appearance.
        Of course we're related, but in terms of historical genetic closeness, they are more removed from us than say non-Armenian Anatolians and northern Mesopotamians. This is based on haplogroup studies.

Yes many Armenians can relate to Italians and Greeks in appearance, but obviously each of these ethnicities host their respective types, some of which coalesce in appearance with types found in other ethnic groups more easily.

I would also like to stress that common phenotypes don't necessarily reflect comparative genetic closeness in a reliable way. Frequency of intermingling does. If you look at the genes of Eastern Europeans for example, you will see that they are starkly different (that is, speaking within the bounds of the Caucasian race) from those found in Western Europe, even though the two regions may share certain categories of phenotypes in common.
        Last edited by jgk3; 01-27-2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
          I don't think we have intermingled with the Georgian tribes very much historically.
          I will ask our friend from AH about this. You could very well be right.

Originally posted by jgk3
          Europeans in turn, making their way from the Caucasus mountains or the Bosporus, would populate the Armenian highlands with their own regional types of Med which evolved later on.
          Is this a reference to the Phyrgians? I'm not really sure what you're trying to convey with this, would you go into detail more?

I'd like to add a sub note to your example about eastern Europeans, which is that even amongst them there are large differences especially when we consider the Romanians and their Slavic neighbors. And if we include the Baltic states as part of eastern Europe then that's another good example that although peoples may live close to one another for thousands of years that doesn't necessarly mean a lot of genetic interaction took place.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            I will ask our friend from AH about this. You could very well be right.
            good idea

Is this a reference to the Phyrgians? I'm not really sure what you're trying to convey with this, would you go into detail more?
            Phyrgians? No, at least not manifested in their Phyrgian culture.

People like the Muski as recorded by Assyrian Records? Yes, most probably.

However I'm not referring to any one people or any one time period of migration from Europe into the Armenian Highlands. These things worked in waves, in progressions. This is the nature of historic human migrations during periods of power vacuums in a given territory. I also implied that this sort of thing occurred in considerable scale before recorded history. Haplogroup studies are the evidence for those cases.

I'd like to add a sub note to your example about eastern Europeans, which is that even amongst them there are large differences especially when we consider the Romanians and their Slavic neighbors. And if we include the Baltic states as part of eastern Europe then that's another good example that although peoples may live close to one another for thousands of years that doesn't necessarly mean a lot of genetic interaction took place.
            Worthy point. Thanks for reminding us. And Romanians are a rather good example to bring up, a Romano-centric people engulfed in a sea of Slavic population and culture. Balts also, are very much their own thing, they even have their distinct phenotype category called Baltoid. I am not really well read on the processes behind its evolution however.

It is curious though, that Lithuanians picked being assimilated into the Poles over being reincorporated into the Muscovite realm as Belorussians. Funny how royal alliances can so decidedly change the culture and the genetic composition of an entire race (race as in the spiritual, supranatural core of an ethnic group).
            Last edited by jgk3; 01-27-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for clearing some things up.

Do you think the Phrygians played any role in the history of the genetic make up of the Armenian people? Of course I am not referring to the silly theory associated with Herodotus.

I don't know much about the Balts either. How did the Lithuanians assimilate into the Poles? Are you talking about in recent history such as the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or sometime in pre history?
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

regarding Lithuanians, I was talking about the Polish-Lithuanian Confederation, relatively recent.

Regarding the Phrygians, no, I no longer see how they helped to generate the Armenian nation/race. At best, Urartian kings, during peaks of its geopolitical influence, had settled in their heartland or in newly won territories maybe hundreds of Phrygian farmers to boost local population.

Still, I don't know much about the relations between the two powers. Not much is known about Phrygian and Urartian relations. It's known that Cimmerians severely hampered them both though. I don't think they had that much room to do anything overly ambitious to eachother.
                Last edited by jgk3; 01-27-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

With the mainland of Araratyan Urartians, the mainstream of Armenians are; the Hayasas, Nairis, Armens, Urartians, Diainis and Ervandunis. Historically we were tribal people and yes Thracians and Phrygians also came to Armenia as well as the mainland Urartians to form the whole of the Armenian people.

Comment

I think the jury is still out on whether the Thracians and Phrygians really played an important part in the make up of the modern Armenian.

The various Armenic tribes along with other Caucasian tribes really formed the basis IMHO.

Comment

Armenians are Armenian.

Comment

Working...
                      X