Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians white????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Armenians white????

Assyrians weren't Arabs, they were Semites but not Arabs. IDK what exactly the Urartians were I heard somewhere they came from India I'm not sure, and Greeks weren't blond either. IMO blond Armenians are mixed with Russians or Europeans. Why are some Greeks blond? I think they mixed with Germanic people during the Roman conquest.
    Every semite is related to Arabs ( that includes the Judaists ). its a proven fact they are closely related genetically.

Greeks are mediterenean always have been. but some are blonde because of the Roman influence.

I'm not sure why you dismiss the fact that Pure Armenians can't have blonde hair though. Cacuasian lands have always been part of Europe no??

Comment

Originally posted by merhayrenik View Post
      Assyrians weren't Arabs, they were Semites but not Arabs. IDK what exactly the Urartians were I heard somewhere they came from India I'm not sure, and Greeks weren't blond either. IMO blond Armenians are mixed with Russians or Europeans. Why are some Greeks blond? I think they mixed with Germanic people during the Roman conquest.
      Yes, Assyrians are semites like the Arabs and ancient Hebrews. Urartu, which is the Assyrian name - I like to call it the Kingdom of Ararat - were native to the region, that is the Armenian Highlands. Blond Armenians have always been around, this is not because of outside mixing, it is because the Armenians have quite a mixed ethnogene pool, with alpine and mediterranean phenotypes. In fact many people of the Caucasus mts. have blond hair and even blond hair with blue eyes. As futile as it may be, one can even argue that these traits were passed to the Nordic peoples of Europe by Armenians and others of the Caucasus region, although I frown on making such conclusions for obvious reasons.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Thank you for the Info Armanen. but I have seen some Persians who have the Mongol eyes. maybe they have some Turkic blood I don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by German66 View Post
          Thank you for the Info Armanen. but I have seen some Persians who have the Mongol eyes. maybe they have some Turkic blood I don't know..
          Sadly because Persians don't have the religion barrier some of them married turks. Apart from this 20% or perhaps more of their population is turkic e.g. azeri. Iran also has a large Arab population. You can find downward narrow eyes everywhere even in Germany it's not that they are mongols it's just the shape of their eyes. There are exceptions everywhere take that also into account.

Comment

Originally posted by German
            but I have seen some Persians who have the Mongol eyes
            You have to remember that Persia was a great empire for over 2000 years, and as with any empire there was a lot of ethnic groups being clumped together in various urban centers. The eastern reaches of the Persian empire did touch Central Asia and the adoption of Islam by Persia made it more acceptable for Persians to marry non Persian, non Indo-Europeans.

Also, remember that Iranian isn't a correct term to use for Persians as many non Persians are also Iranian, such as the Baluchi, and the Azari. However both are Iranic peoples. Iranian rather should be used as a political name for any citizen of Iran, while Persian should be used for those who actually have Persian blood.
            Last edited by Armanen; 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Yeah but very few pure Persians exist.. so most of the Iranians would want to be Persian like how I have seen some Azeris call themselfs Persian just because he has Iranic blood.

I don't think Iranian(Persians) like Arabs do they?

Comment

Finally some one that knows what he is saying, i'm talking about you enker Armanen aka "your highness" (you know what i'm talking about haha).

Comment

Originally posted by German
                  Yeah but very few pure Persians exist.. so most of the Iranians would want to be Persian like how I have seen some Azeris call themselfs Persian just because he has Iranic blood.
                  Well it's hard to define pure Persians or pure any other ethnicity because people often do not know their family background outside of a few generations and until recently there was no scientific way to test ones hereditary genes.

I understand what you are saying and would agree but I think we once again need to remember that since Persia was an empire and since it adopted the religion of its neighbors (except Armenia) that inter ethnic and even inter racial mixing became much more likely. Iran or Persia has always been a heterogeneous state.

I don't think Iranian(Persians) like Arabs do they?
                  No most of them don't. I wouldn't say they hate them but there is friction in their relationship due to the Arab conquest of Persia, the fact that majority of arabs are sunni while Persians are xxxxe, and in recent years the geopolitcal factor of saudi arabia and egypt being western allies or pawns whichever you deem to be more accurate.

Originally posted by AR MENIA
                  i'm talking about you enker Armanen aka "your highness" (you know what i'm talking about haha).
                  LOL! I see you're resting from a long days work of cultivating the manor fields.

Comment

ugh.... Persians/Iranians, especially the ones adjacent to Armenia are quite similar to us genetically. I don't know what you guys are talking about, they don't, on the whole, look Asiatic. Because they had a large empire once, it makes sense that they incorporated many different peoples though, however this doesn't undermine the fact that historically, in Atropatene for example, they pretty much looked the same as their Armenian neighbours. German66, just because of the few people of each ethnic group you've seen, you generalize the appearance of entire nations?

This is starting to smell like pan-Europeanist crap. Can you guys flaunt already the fact that many of us Armenians have darker complexions (ummm, think fedayis?) where the men have thick beards. It's not because we've got "arab" blood. This is part of the Armenian genetic makeup, get used to it.

I'm somewhat dark, I like to grow thick blackish beards every now and then. If an Armenian saw me, he'd know this type comes from the Armenian Highlands. I'm not here to fulfill some Eurocentric wet dream.

On being a "semite", semitic signifies first and foremost, a language family, much like Indo-European. If you go out and say there's always been a fine line between semites and Indo-Europeans, that would mean that Assyrians, Ugarits and Aramaens cannot have anything in common with Armenians, which is just not true. We are genetically related, their peoples have been incorporated in Armenian kingdoms in the past, their territories have been under ancient Armenian influence in the past. Armenian shares some 200 or so lexical items with Aramaic.

Only idiots will deal with such stupid absolutes of "Semitic" vs "Indo-European" race/culture when we're talking about the Near East.

If you recall the user Armenian's discussion on Hebrews, if Ancient Hebrews were indeed descendants of the Hyksos who, after being overthrown as the ruling/merchant class in Ancient Egypt became a slave-like people seeking a homeland, you will remember that the original Hebrews too, originated from either the Armenian Highlands or adjacent territories to the south of it with heavy influence from our ancient civilization. Hebrews took on a new genetic character after they assimilated themselves with the Canaanites (who were the majority population, natives of that land) they came to ruled over. What else could explain the fact that xxxs have historically shared certain Armenoid elements in their genepool since their very beginnings?

Semitic nations aren't necessarily Arabid. Arabid appearance is more prevalent in the desert parts of the Middle East to the south, particularly in the Arabian peninsula.

Wake up and realize though that throughout the Middle East, you have a stock that is prevalently Med (though obviously of an Orient flavour). To the North, you'll find more alpines (Armenian Highlands). The Armenoid strain also pops up throughout the Middle East because of Ancient imperialistic and commercial migrations from the Armenian Highlands (where this type originates). The "hook nose" is from Armenoids, not Arabids. The "hook nose" of Armenoids also manifests itself in Europe, though over there it's called Dinarization (an evolutionary process that seems to have developped in Europids living in higher altitudes). The principle entails: flattening of the occiput of the human skull, the receeding forhead, receeding chin, large eyes and a prominent, hook nose. Also, Dinarization entails having darker skin pigment as well and is associated with brown, thicker hair on the head and an abundance of body hair. Their bodies are of average height and they can be somewhat robust. The difference between Armenization and Dinarization has to do with what the original stock started off as before this evolutionary process began in the respective highlands. The original stocks were probably related, except that in the Armenian Highlands, we may have started off with more Irano-Afghans types who underwent this process after settling on the high altitude, a stock not found in Europe, though still considered Europid.

If all of this scares you German66, I'm glad, I feel like I've served Armenians well to scare off some pan-Europeanist (which is more often than not a closet case Nordicist ideology) wet dream that can only undermine our comfort with our natural racial characteristics.
                    Last edited by jgk3; 01-27-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
                      ugh.... Persians/Iranians, especially the ones adjacent to Armenia are quite similar to us genetically. I don't know what you guys are talking about, they don't, on the whole, look Asiatic. Because they had a large empire once, it makes sense that they incorporated many different peoples though, however this doesn't undermine the fact that historically, in Atropatene for example, they pretty much looked the same as their Armenian neighbours. German66, just because of the few people of each ethnic group you've seen, you generalize the appearance of entire nations?
                      I don't think Modern Iranians are genetically close to Armenians, however you can make argument that ancient Persians were since they were not Arabizied as they are now.

This is starting to smell like pan-Europeanist crap. Can you guys flaunt already the fact that many of us Armenians have darker complexions (ummm, think fedayis?) where the men have thick beards. It's not because we've got "arab" blood. This is part of the Armenian genetic makeup, get used to it.
                      I think keeping beards is fine when did I say it wasn't? in fact its common for Basques and other South Euros to keep there beard thick you are not different then them.

I'm somewhat dark, I like to grow thick blackish beards every now and then. If an Armenian saw me, he'd know this type comes from the Armenian Highlands. I'm not here to fulfill some Eurocentric wet dream.
                      Then thats you're choice and I support it

On being a "semite", semitic signifies first and foremost, a language family, much like Indo-European. If you go out and say there's always been a fine line between semites and Indo-Europeans, that would mean that Assyrians, Ugarits and Aramaens cannot have anything in common with Armenians, which is just not true. We are genetically related, their peoples have been incorporated in Armenian kingdoms in the past, their territories have been under ancient Armenian influence in the past. Armenian shares some 200 or so lexical items with Aramaic.
                      So Assyrians and Armenians are related genetically? then I'm guessing you're fine-line is Armenians are related with their Semite brothers "The assyrians" and not to Georgians/Greeks/Italians?

Comment

Working...
                      X