Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenians white????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are Armenians white????

Try this...

Originally posted by Nare View Post
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Really how did you end up calling "Nare" a "Sir? lol
      Because I've never met a Nare before, forgive me.

I didn't know there were special rules on this forum suggesting first I have to discuss history and culture and only then clarify with proofs genetic issues...
      There are no such rules, I just am sensitive to this kind of presence in our forum, because I too used to be like you. I briefly dated an SFer and at some point I accepted her worldview and felt an immediate inferiority complex regarding "whiteness". For a while, I became obsessed with genetic profiling, my appearance vis-a-vis Europeans, all the while not really knowing much about my heritage, language or religious community. Today I look back, and know that I feel much happier now than I did then, when my preoccupation with Armenia had more to do with being kosher with SFers, than to just accept myself for who I am, and even have the maturity and self respect to question the very patriotic doctrines necessary to formulate an idea such as "the Armenian race". One might see this as a defeat, a sign of weakness in my ties to Armenians, but I see it as a strength, because by the very same means, I can see through one's emotional attachment to any ideology.

I did mention that we have hosted many persecuted Christians from neighbouring areas which changes our genetics...for example we have assimilated Talysh,Udis but not to extent to loose ours,
      Lose ours? We never had one. We always had a variety, continually in flux, and not exclusively our own.

genetics researches prove our main blood is European R which migrated from our area to Europe. That is another proof Europe started in Armenian Highland...I guess that doesn't matter to you either. You can't prove your history if you take it separate from your genes.
      Europe started in the Armenian Highland? Europe started when a bunch of people started calling Europe as such, as distinct from other continents. It's a geographical term, not a biological blueprint. Genetic history is exactly that, Genetic. It can be used as a tool to evaluate certain trends that have occurred in human history, but it has its limits. It for example, explains nothing about the evolution of our language, customs, food, civilian life, nobility, etc... It just vaguely illustrates the sexual history of a bunch of ancestors we don't even know, who carried genetic markers of ancestors they did not even know. And somehow, we tie these facts into "race" and "Europeanness".

Assimilated minorities bring in their culture, it is absolutely natural process but it is killing ours. And if we pretend it is ours we will all end up with painted faces like Arabs or squating in every corner.
      Killing ours? Assimilated minorities already brought in their culture throughout history. Where do you think we got "Armenian cuisine" from? Why the hell is it so similar to Turkish, Syrian, Lebanese, and Greek cuisine? Because they are not really owned by any of those national identities, but by the people who created and popularized them, and continue to keep them alive. Assimilated minorities... The ruling classes of ancient Armenia were assimilated Persians and Parthians! If you don't like rabiz culture, that's fine (I personally don't know or care much about it), but it's not killing anything, that's just a constructed ideal in your head of some "what was once pure Armenian, pure white, wonderful" that is now under attack, being tainted by the forces of evil. Sounds like a wacky religion.

Diaspora in majority is much whiter than Armenia proper which shows that diaspora is mostly minority free. Notice it was Diaspora mostly on receiving end, also another very important point is Diaspora has always been completely crime free unlike Armenia.
      This is a great way to make enemies and divide Armenians, great contribution.

For example this is France community, by the logic of mixing they should be Turk/Arab,etc looking people since they are from Western Armenia but most suspicious looking people are actually from Armenia proper where last centuries by the same logic we should have been mixed with Russians...
      suspicious? So now you're going all nazi on our own people? Look, every region has their own ethnic mix which is usually open to mixing with any peaceable newcomers, unless they have strict laws about who to marry and not, in which case they're likely to become inbred over the centuries and start developing genetic diseases. That's what's happened to certain highly conservative xxxish and Zoroastrian groups, which if they were more rational, would not compromise their health over racial fervor, and would likely be successful in surviving within the mainstream religious community, instead of excluding themselves from it because of "suspicious" faces that lurk in it.

Ethiopian Armenian community which by the same mixing logic should look like Turkish and black...
      Why Turkish? What does a Turk look like? Anyway, I don't know much about the Ethiopian Armenian community, how have their numbers fared throughout history since they first settled there? This is actually an interesting matter that I'd like to know more about.
      Last edited by jgk3; 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        Try this...
        lol How did you do that and how did u see what pic exactly was there?
        try what?

Comment

Tali, here's typical Armenian man, very typical I must say, he was also 2nd president of Armenia.

also typical

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

lol How did you do that and how did u see what pic exactly was there?
            try what?
            For some reason you had http://http// Name is bond, james bond, LOL
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              When I went to an Armenian event or church or looked at anyone in my family, they were white. I'm confused. Armenians were not involved in the slave trade nor were we responsible for the hatred of the white man. We shouldn't have some sort of racial complex but we do. We are indigenous Caucasians.
              I know what we are, but we never cared so much about what race we belonged to in the past. We just went to our church and that settled it. I just don't understand what all the hype about being white or Caucasian is about anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                Because I've never met a Nare before, forgive me.

There are no such rules, I just am sensitive to this kind of presence in our forum, because I too used to be like you. I briefly dated an SFer and at some point I accepted her worldview and felt an immediate inferiority complex regarding "whiteness". For a while, I became obsessed with genetic profiling, my appearance vis-a-vis Europeans, all the while not really knowing much about my heritage, language or religious community. Today I look back, and know that I feel much happier now than I did then, when my preoccupation with Armenia had more to do with being kosher with SFers, than to just accept myself for who I am, and even have the maturity and self respect to question the very patriotic doctrines necessary to formulate an idea such as "the Armenian race". One might see this as a defeat, a sign of weakness in my ties to Armenians, but I see it as a strength, because by the very same means, I can see through one's emotional attachment to any ideology.

Lose ours? We never had one. We always had a variety, continually in flux, and not exclusively our own.

Europe started in the Armenian Highland? Europe started when a bunch of people started calling Europe as such, as distinct from other continents. It's a geographical term, not a biological blueprint. Genetic history is exactly that, Genetic. It can be used as a tool to evaluate certain trends that have occurred in human history, but it has its limits. It for example, explains nothing about the evolution of our language, customs, food, civilian life, nobility, etc... It just vaguely illustrates the sexual history of a bunch of ancestors we don't even know, who carried genetic markers of ancestors they did not even know. And somehow, we tie these facts into "race" and "Europeanness".

Killing ours? Assimilated minorities already brought in their culture throughout history. Where do you think we got "Armenian cuisine" from? Why the hell is it so similar to Turkish, Syrian, Lebanese, and Greek cuisine? Because they are not really owned by any of those national identities, but by the people who created and popularized them, and continue to keep them alive. Assimilated minorities... The ruling classes of ancient Armenia were assimilated Persians and Parthians! If you don't like rabiz culture, that's fine (I personally don't know or care much about it), but it's not killing anything, that's just a constructed ideal in your head of some "what was once pure Armenian, pure white, wonderful" that is now under attack, being tainted by the forces of evil. Sounds like a wacky religion.

This is a great way to make enemies and divide Armenians, great contribution.

suspicious? So now you're going all nazi on our own people? Look, every region has their own ethnic mix which is usually open to mixing with any peaceable newcomers, unless they have strict laws about who to marry and not, in which case they're likely to become inbred over the centuries and start developing genetic diseases. That's what's happened to certain highly conservative xxxish and Zoroastrian groups, which if they were more rational, would not compromise their health over racial fervor, and would likely be successful in surviving within the mainstream religious community, instead of excluding themselves from it because of "suspicious" faces that lurk in it.

Why Turkish? What does a Turk look like? Anyway, I don't know much about the Ethiopian Armenian community, how have their numbers fared throughout history since they first settled there? This is actually an interesting matter that I'd like to know more about.
                OK, I get your point. You are afraid that white/non white issue might divide Armenians. And for that you are denying majority of whites among us calling us all non white.

But that's not the way to handle this issue. The fact is in our overwhelming majority we are whites...

Btw, I am originally from Yerevan so Ia m not discriminating Armenia praising Diaspora. I believe it was Mos who mentioned Diaspora turned a blind eye at Armenia being led by Dashnaks, I feel the same way. But when it comes to white/non white it is not only a question of how we look, da naev mshakuyt, kecvatzq, mtatzelakerp, isk ete du dasum es mez vorpes voch spitak, apa du dnum es mez arab,kurd,cigani het havasar, isk inch en tvel iranq ashxarhin baci spanutyunic, fanatizmic,etc? menq erbek musulman ashxarhi het chenq lini, baic ete spitak chenq, apa evropacinern el mez havasar chen 'nduni....baic inchu? ete metzamasnutyun' mer iroq spitak e...

I can tell you I know many Armenians who want to leave the country because they can't stand any more non Armenian/rabiz subculture...

Comment

I know what we are, but we never cared so much about what race we belonged to in the past. We just went to our church and that settled it. I just don't understand what all the hype about being white or Caucasian is about anymore.
                  What you are is what you are. I know I'm not from Japan, China , India or Africa simply by looking in the mirror. If I didn't know I was Armenian, I would have never been interested in Armenian history nor would I have cared about Armenian issues.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mos;304714]Tali, here's typical Armenian man, very typical I must say, he was also 2nd president of Armenia.

also typical

As I have noticed people don't really know what white means...Both men are white, med type, wide spread in Southern Europe

Comment

Forget about it.

We are few.........but we are the Armenians.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X