Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are Armenian women handicapped because of their upbringing?

Notice the entire time I've been talking about assimilation of cultures. And this is not our Armenian culture but the culture that men have adapted from America, Russia, Europe, etc. which are the dominant cultures surrounding our communties.
    Thank you Lord for creating this wise being so that he could one day enter these forums and say this. This sums everything up. I think we know now what "tradition" or "culture" spoils women around the world!

Other women. Armenian men just like odar men they screw their Armenian women or lovers royally by sleeping with whomever they come across to (other Armenian women or other odar women). I hear it and I notice it even on these so called Armenian Forums. I have noticed enough to know it.
    You know what you can hear a lot of the time here in Yerevan? "Levi gunank, tugherk?" There are so many gorgeous creatures here that men have completely lost themselves. They treat them like toys though instead of treating them the way they deserve to be treated. I don't know what to say. I got out of one of my jobs because of this. It wasn't the only reason but it was one of them. One of my bosses (I used to be the lead designer for a press here in Yerevan) was a complete dumbass ... about 25 years old. He was smart but he treated girls like toys. Sex was on his mind every xxxxing day. He brought pictures of his girlfriends from time to time and one day I saw a picture of a 14 year old on his computer screen by accident. I thought this was his relative, lol. I was wrong....he xxxxed her too. It's not surprising. When this guy was fifteen, he screwed his teacher in the living room while her 5 year old was sleeping in the other room. What do you expect from a person like this. Love? lol. Before and after I saw that 14 year old, I used to have serious discussions with him from time to time when I had some time on my hands, related to marriage, sex, etc. He knew I was serious and teased me sometimes when I talked about proper behavior, marriage, love, etc. He used to say "es vor tivna" or basically times have changed. My views never changed though even a bit and he realized that I could change him but he couldn't change me. That's the kind of discipline that I've gone through and I owe it only to my parents. Anyways, one day, I heard him speak about his girlfriend who he wanted to marry. I asked him if he would stop what he was doing and you know what he said? He said that he wouldn't. Then I asked how his wife would feel if she found out and he said that she's just a women and that she will never find out.....

I rest me case!

Now, I'm not saying that there are no such women with those characteristic amongst us but it'd be really good if we sometimes were more open, self-aware, conscious, self-critical and less self-absorbed and self-assured…
    Honey, what do you think we've been doing here all this time?

So some are not repressed, they simply do not have that thing called charm.
    I think you just made an important discovery .........
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Yes Saco jan, I hear you loud and clear, and please do not misunderstand me; women are by no means all saints, I mean Armenian women
      Did I say all Armenian girls are Angels? All aren't of course but they are our girls and compared to girls around the world, they are Angels and should be respected by the Armenian populace. If they were being treated right, everything would be much better today so let's not blame them, people. It's starting to disgust me.

but if you do a concesus vs. the Armenian men, you will find out that Armenian men do astray a greeeaaat deal more. And if some women that do astray it is because some Armenian men abuse the women by extremely alluring her and making her like a puppet to them - then they throw her away like a dirty rug.
      Read my above post! It proves your point.

But the ones that don't fall into that crappy trap, these are the women that fight against those bad men and their bad habits with their good basic beliefs like a beautiful statue! These are the women that do win at the end, because when they look back they will see that they won over the bad with their good standing and they will feel deep respect towards themselves!!!!
      THESE are the Angels I talk about. They are the real Armenian women.

Now about the men, or I should say Armenian men; at least after marriage they should stick with their wives good or bad and stick it out. Rather than continuing their cohabitating habits of the past.
      Nicely said. I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
        No Saco jan, not with whoever they want. I don't think men or women should sleep with whoemever they want. But I gather a great deal of men doing that before they get married then it becomes a very bad habit for them and then they continue that bad habit after their marriage and they start screwing their wives and their CHILDREN royally by doing that. Because children feel very bad too - they feel they are rejected and then one day when they grow up they will do the same. The bad cycle will continue. I think that when a man and a woman fall in love they should first find out if they are really compatible to each other, "kaghaparagan antsik en adonk te voch" and then cohabitate and get married. Otherwise that union will not be heaven but HELL.

I guess my comments above was an outbrust and anger towards our society's "double standard" that choose to give cart blanche to the men to cohabitate with as many women as they want before and after a marriage, then if a girl just flirts a little they "name call" her and say bad things about her and label her like she is sent from hell. It's very unjust and the "double standard" and the "unfairness" makes me throw up quite frankly!!!!
        Very well put! I agree with the above.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        ...but I'll be routing for the flawless, charming, pretty sweet angels, lol.
        Good luck! But you'll have a difficult job.

Comment

"I guess my comments above was an outbrust and anger towards our society's "double standard" that choose to give cart blanche to the men to cohabitate with as many women as they want before and after a marriage, then if a girl just flirts a little they "name call" her and say bad things about her and label her like she is sent from hell. It's very unjust and the "double standard" and the "unfairness" makes me throw up quite frankly"

Feels good to get it out doesn't it?

Ok, I'm getting a little tired of words like "our society" getting tossed around when it's NOT OUR SOCIETY. We've been hijacked by powers that don't want us (Armenians) to survive and as long as we sit here and pretend that 2 wrongs will make a right we will continue this cycle of misery.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            Good luck! But you'll have a difficult job.
            Some of us are working on raising angels... so while some sit around waiting for the world to change, others are making it happen.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Some of us are working on raising angels... so while some sit around waiting for the world to change, others are making it happen.
              Good point. Time for us to get married, bro !
              Last edited by Sako; 05-12-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                Good point. Time to get married, bro !
                Its a dog eat dog world... and if I'm not working like a dog, then I'm dog tired. But you know the old saying... every dog has his day Lucky I have two monitors up so I can multitask between this forum and my job, lol.

Comment

Its a dog eat dog world... and if I'm not working like a dog, then I'm dog tired. But you know the old saying... every dog has his day Lucky I have two monitors up so I can multitask between this forum and my job, lol.
                  Well that's functional !

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    You're giving these men too much credit, their ego's can't handle real women so they go around finding women that don't require any effort.
                    Oh... that's just an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      Oh... that's just an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X