Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

I think this forum would be a much better place if a few trolls got banned.

Comment

• Re: Inter Racial Armenians-Blacks Families: (Small?) Bridges To The Important Black W

I'll tell you why blacks can't be considered armenians.
      Ever heard of a chinese or serbians who is black? well, have you? even if a black person can speak chinese and serbian, he will never be accepted as chinese or serbian in these countries, because black and chinese/serbian are so incompatible with these countries identities, it's unthinkable/unimaginable. It's the same for Armenia. No matter how much you would want them to fit in, they wont. This is an old country with 3000 years of culture and identity and to place blacks in it, is like forcing a fish to swim without water. It just wont happen. so keep dreaming on, whoever you are.

Comment

'Black' seems to be slang amongst Russians for people of the Caucasus (those who have dark hair and eyes).

Comment

one of the reasons I will never move to Armenia, or places like Japan is b/c I don't mono-ethnic societies, something about the lack of diversity bothers me.

It would bother me less of course if the nation in question didn't appear to be so racist but unfortunately whether it's rampant in Armenia or not, there's always an article popping up about how there's racist graffiti in Yerevan against blacks and j ews.

Maybe I can understand the resentment toward j ews since Israel is more or less still allied with Turkey, and still won't recognize the genocide. And given the close proximity of the 2 countries, maybe some Hayastancis have even met some Israelis and had a bad experience, to merit those feelings toward them.

But how many Armenians in Armenia have ever met a black person? What right do they have to make any remark against a black person? Seeing some black American rapper online or on the tv does not count, they don't represent every black person in the world.

A lot of Armenians are bytching about Kim Kardashian and her black boyfriends.. who gives a crap? She's already mixed, and probably wouldn't raise her kids Armenian anyways, since she never was. Also, no armo seems to bytch that her sister had a baby with a white guy out of wedlock, but wait let me guess that's ok b/c Armenians are sooo white, and having lighter kids is always a plus.

Well a pale skinned, blonde haired, blue eyed kid doesn't look any more Armenian than a half black kid, so I don't see why it should be any different, he'd probably have just as much Armenian DNA as a Blonde haired, Blue Eyed, armenian kid.

Personally I think if there's a half black half Armenian kid who was raised in Armenia and speaks Armenian, and partakes in the culture, etc, he's already way more Armenian than most diasporan Armenians, many of whom can't read or speak Armenian, and don't know anything about our history before 1915.

Chances also are that the little half black kid who was raised in Armenia would listen to mainstream Armenian music, and does things other little Armenian boys and girls do, unlike returning diasporans would bring in evil things like heavy metal, gansta rap, pizza, condoms, premarital sex, marijuana and western values to corrupt the haystanci youth

so don't bytch about the black kid, or interracial marriages destroying the Armenian population, concentrate on the Armenian couples that get married and have 0-2 kids, or the fact that jobs in Armenia suck so bad that people still have to leave to find better lives elsewhere, increasing the chances that they'll stay elsewhere and either not marry an armo, or that if they ever have kids, those kids will be assimilated into whatever other culture they're living in.

And if you are going to bytch about interracial marriages give the Armo chicks a rest, there's plenty of Armo guys who have kids with women of other races
          Last edited by ara87; 09-15-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
            And if you are going to bytch about interracial marriages give the Armo chicks a rest, there's plenty of Armo guys who have kids with women of other races
            Yeah, my idiot of an uncle had a kid with a Mexican chick, his kid looks like the perfect Aryan, blue eyes, blond hair. He's most likely not teaching him Armenian. He probably got pusXy-wipped who knows, but, once i get a chance i'll give him a hard time about it.

Comment

one of the reasons I will never move to Armenia, or places like Japan is b/c I don't mono-ethnic societies, something about the lack of diversity bothers me.
              I didn't know Texas was so diverse.... lol

And talking about racism, holy shiite ... America is racist to the CORE.
              Last edited by KanadaHye; 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by realwhite
                Why would I stutter I am white not a christian middle eastener
                somebody said white and you thought we mean white trash

Originally posted by hrai
                If a dog is born in a stable you don't call it a horse.
                Originally posted by KanadaHye
                3 strikes.... you're out.
                These are hilarious.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Interested to know what other reasons are for not moving ?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                    Interested to know what other reasons are for not moving ?
                    Hmm, how about economy, business opportunities, limits on constitutional rights of immigrants and oh yeah and an oppressive government --did I mention inflation and shortage of resources.

What is the maximum download rate achievable in Armenia?

Those are just a few.

Also, you can't really eat sushi if it ain't fresh. Any sushi restaurants in Yerevan.

Silotka and vodka!!!! Not very exciting.
                    Last edited by freakyfreaky; 09-16-2010, 02:59 AM.
                    Between childhood, boyhood,
                    adolescence
                    & manhood (maturity) there
                    should be sharp lines drawn w/
                    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Actually, If you're relatively rich, Armenia is nice to live in. I know atleast 2 diaspora families from Iraq that moved there and will stay there. One of them started a buss company, that travels to Arstakh and around Armenia. They can easily buy an appartment, get a 10 year living permit, and open a business, corporate income tax is just 12%. And if you want to live in Artsakh, land is practically free. But agree, if you dont have money and want to search for work, it sucks.
                      Last edited by arakeretzig; 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X