Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia stands today because of Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia stands today because of Iran?

this may sound stupid but just read some history
    after ottoman empire captured whole of armenia(armenia was part of iran or better to say was vassal) iran tried to get those lands back and was able to get half of it back(eastern armenia and karabakhand today azerbaijan) later the war between ottoman empire and iran weakens iran badly and the king of iran was a weak person as well.
    after some time russia get these lands from iran(eastern armenia and karabakh and today azerbaijan)
    this was the matter that created "east armenia" and "west armenia".actually it wasnt exist before this
    i think this happened during qajar dynasty? im not sure but iran was very weak when it was ruled by turks and qajar was a turk dynasty
    by the way iran was the only neighbor that ottoman empire couldnt capture and couldnt hold the captured lands for more than a year.thank goodness that there was no relation between iran and ottoman empire!

Re: armenia stands today because of iran?

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
    this may sound stupid but just read some history
    after ottoman empire captured whole of armenia(armenia was part of iran or better to say was vassal) iran tried to get those lands back and was able to get half of it back(eastern armenia and karabakhand today azerbaijan) later the war between ottoman empire and iran weakens iran badly and the king of iran was a weak person as well.
    after some time russia get these lands from iran(eastern armenia and karabakh and today azerbaijan)
    this was the matter that created "east armenia" and "west armenia".actually it wasnt exist before this
    i think this happened during qajar dynasty? im not sure but iran was very weak when it was ruled by turks and qajar was a turk dynasty
    by the way iran was the only neighbor that ottoman empire couldnt capture and couldnt hold the captured lands for more than a year.thank goodness that there was no relation between iran and ottoman empire!
    I don’t argue much on your point … But in terms of economy: Iran is the major, real, contributor of Armenia’s economic development now.
    Last edited by gegev; 01-18-2010, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Can we stop this very silly questions...what have u people identity crisis?

Or u like to post other nations as armenians saviours forgetting all the struggle that our forefathers had given ..cause this is the impression u show to our unknown visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
        Can we stop this very silly questions...what have u people identity crisis?
        Or u like to post other nations as armenians saviours forgetting all the struggle that our forefathers had given ..cause this is the impression u show to our unknown visitors.
        Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing
        Are you able to read and understand what’s written, before making your wise comment?
        Last edited by gegev; 01-18-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

lol of course other nations help doest even count when compared with our struggle! i just read some history and wanted to share
          and as gegev says the reason that armenia exist is iran at the moment cause only fouls cant see this:armenia have 4 neighbor which borders are closed with 2 of them(turkey and azerbaijan) and georgia itself needs help so it cant provide any help to armenia so the only neighbor that helps armenia's economy completely is iran.iran selling gas and petrol to armenia with 75% discount and its much cheaper when compared with russia's gas

Comment

75% discount wow were did u get that ?

Gegev my answer to u is only the word 'if'

Iran is just a small contribution of what today we call neighbours such relations is very common among the nations and have nothing spacial,so we could refer to as a point of a great factor of friendship ...
            The fact that we have normal and healthy relations with our very past enemys 'Iran' is something normal...is just cause we have the worst nations us neighbours is it enough to
            point normal actions us abnormal?

Comment

Let's us not forget the many times the Persian Empire has tried to crush us, change our religion, and abolish our idendity. Don't be so childish, Iran has done much harm to us as well. It's only these few years that we've been able build economic ties with Iran because of the blockade. If borders were open with Turkey our trade with Iran would become very little. And Iran on the other hand could care less about us. During Karabakh war, they issued some very aggressive statements against us and build up troops near the border. What is this obsession with Iran?? Get over it. We're here today because of our resilience and strength. It's not because of any other country it's because of OUR PEOPLE.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

We can thank Iran for more or less shielding the Armenians under their changing regimes during the past few hundred years.

We can thank the Soviet Union for protecting the lands we have now, and letting Armenians build it up into a nation. If that didn't happen, we would've been finished. Our bourgeois days in Constantinople and Tiflis were over. We needed a land to call our own.
                Last edited by jgk3; 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

im pure armenian and if you ask me no one can be trusted but im just sharing things i know
                  my dad is electric administrator in iran and works in armenia-iran trade embassy.he go to all meeting about trading electricity.armenia also gets discount in this
                  about the gas and petrol discount i saw that in TV myself sargsian and ahmedinijad shaking hands and celebrating it.iran sends its gas through armenia then georgia then europe and its just a little more expensive than free for armenia.
                  how come there are gas problems in turkey every winter but there isnt much in armneia?

but of couse as i said these helps provide iran with political advantages

and as far as i know only foul kings of persian empire tried to crush armenia.most of the times armenia was irans vassal.and never judge a nation by its goverment.iranian people are very nice to armenians they recognize the armenian genocide.even turks and azeries in iran are kind to armenians go see armenians in jolfa and tabriz.both cities are turk citites but armenians can protest in 24th april every year in these cities

and religion started the war between our nation and persians.before christ and islam armenians and iranians both had "Mihr" religion and there was no war between us.and we were blood brothers with iranians
                  those arabs attacked iran and made them to accept islam
                  all muslims are bad guys even iranians but they are the best muslims thats for sure.in my opinion its good to have iran as an ally in these dark times thats all.
                  Last edited by Parskahay; 01-18-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
                    im pure armenian and if you ask me no one can be trusted but im just sharing things i know
                    my dad is electric administrator in iran and works in armenia-iran trade embassy.he go to all meeting about trading electricity.armenia also gets discount in this
                    about the gas and petrol discount i saw that in TV myself sargsian and ahmedinijad shaking hands and celebrating it.iran sends its gas through armenia then georgia then europe and its just a little more expensive than free for armenia.
                    how come there are gas problems in turkey every winter but there isnt much in armneia?

but of couse as i said these helps provide iran with political advantages

and as far as i know only foul kings of persian empire tried to crush armenia.most of the times armenia was irans vassal.and never judge a nation by its goverment.iranian people are very nice to armenians they recognize the armenian genocide.even turks and azeries in iran are kind to armenians go see armenians in jolfa and tabriz.both cities are turk citites but armenians can protest in 24th april every year in these cities

and religion started the war between our nation and persians.before christ and islam armenians and iranians both had "Mihr" religion and there was no war between us.and we were blood brothers with iranians
                    those arabs attacked iran and made them to accept islam
                    all muslims are bad guys even iranians but they are the best muslims thats for sure.in my opinion its good to have iran as an ally in these dark times thats all.
                    It's your kind of thinking that has made Armenians so vulnerable. No one is our ally, ok. Countries that seem like allies like Russia only do so in order to use us, in order to sell us at the highest price. Stop trying to categorize countries as allies because once you begin trusting them to much and allying with them they will use you with haste especially such a big power like Iran or Russia. We can have friends but more than that is a risk. Trust me Iranian government doesn't give a xxxx about Armenia and if they can benefit in any way they will sell us right away.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                    X