Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ethnic Iranians(turks or azeries or whatever)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethnic Iranians(turks or azeries or whatever)

so what about them.is there any difference between them and actual azeries and turks?
    i have a cousin in Tabriz(biggest turkish city in iran)and as he says there are many turks in iran who blindly think armenia is their enemy and they dont even want to think about it.but in bigger and cultural cities like Tabriz people think and dont follow anything blindly so they rather call themselves Turks not Azeries cause the only thing that azeries are good at is dancing and getting drunk.they also know that azeries are baboons.thats why there is a big enough armenian quarter in tabriz called baron avak street which contains many armenian families and have 2 churches in it.whole tabriz have 11 armenian churches.there are even many who recognize the armenian genocide but they say it was foul ottoman sultans who did that and it has nothing to do with turkey

its his idea.but it doest change my view for how bad the turks are.so what about you?

Re: Ethnic Iranians(turks or azeries or whatever)

I recommend you to read this article:
    http://www.rozanehmagazine.com/NoveDec05/AZPartV.html

That is only one part of the whole article, you should also read the others parts it's very good and interesting...

---

The real Azaries of Northern Iran are different from the Caucasian Tatars claiming to be their brothers, they are proud and aware about their Iranian ancestry, and love their country and their people, and couldn't feel more offended when some of those racist pan-Turanists so called "Azeri Turks" spread hate media and lies among their population. As an example, the Supreme Leader of Iran since 1989 is Ali Khamenei, an ethnic Azari.

I disagree with what you say, the Turks are not bad people, nor the Azeris, now anyone. The fact there is a bunch of bad apples in the tree doesn't mean every single apples is bad as well, you just have to take some time and look well. Of course there are bad Turks and bad Azeries, as well as there is bad person from any origin all over the world, it just doesn't mean that if you were born Turk you are instantly bad.

I know many Iranian Azaries, and Azeries from Azerbaijan. I can tell you that the majority of Azeries don't hate Armenians nor dislike them, the majority of the older generations feel nostalgia when they remember when we used to live side by side and there was peace among us before the rise of pan-Turkic ultra-nationalism in the government, while the majority of the younger generations divide between in two groups: 1) those who have awaken from the lies they were, are and will be told about Armenians and 2) those who are doing it already, but as they've told me...it takes time to wash all the hate and prejudices and lies you've grown with.

These people do exist, however, they are afraid of speak their minds or give an opinion that's not the "one the government prefers", because not hating Armenians in pan-Turkic controlled Azerbaijan "is a state crime punishable by the higher law".
    Last edited by ashot24; 02-16-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Actuallyu, Azeri is not Turkic or Turkish people. They are Iranian people. But, in the past, Oghuz Turkic tribes ruled there various times(Their well-known empires are Safavid dynasty, Aq Qoyunlu and Qara Qoyunlu) and they had converted shi'ite Islam(differently from Turks in Turkey - they are sunni, Turks are also descent from Oghuz Turkic tribe but Islamic sect different)

They made many bloody wars with sunni Ottoman Empire. Shi'ite Oghuz tribes called themselves as Azerbaijani. Therefore, today, in Tabriz they have a lot of population.

On the other hand, in Iran, thereare also Azeri people(who are actually not Turkic people, they are Iranian.... but turkification made them having same culture with Azerbaijanis) and Iran call both Azeris and Azerbaijanis as only Azeri. They try to assimilate Azerbaijanis by forcing them to accept themselves as Azeri (Iranian).

However, in Azerbaijan there are about 7 millions Azerbaijani population but in Iran, it is at least 15 millions, mostly in Tabriz...

Sometimes, the region called as South Azerbaijan, because of that

CIA Fact Book confirms the situation

Look people

Shows 24% Azeri, 2% Turkmen

then look at languages

Turkic and Turkic dialects 26%
      Last edited by Yakamoz; 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Actually, the name Azerbaijan comes from Atropatene, a western province of Iran which is today known as "Azarbaijan". The Azerbaijan north of the Arax river is a fake extension of Atropatene, a program sponsored by Russia during their war in the early 20th c. against Iran. They wanted the Azeris of "Azarbaijan" to equate the Tatar Turks (the Oghuz north of the Arax) as their brothers, and revolt against Iran in order to join Russia.

It doesn't matter if Azeris of today in Azerbaijan (north of Arax river) have shared DNA and culture with the Iranians of Azarbaijan, who were partially assimilated by Oghuz Turks (and thus speak a Turkic language today instead of what would have been the descendant of their ancestrial Iranian dialect). The fact of the matter is, the land north of the Arax river was never called Azerbaijan until that fairly recent Russian program to woo the Azaris against Iran and join them under the pretext of having shared culture with Tatar Turks living north of them. Giving the land on which those Tatar Turks dwelled the name "Azerbaijan" would faciliate this process. The program more or less failed, as Iranian Azeris aren't fond of "Azerbaijanis" and can see through the smoke screen of their name and of sharing their language.
        Last edited by jgk3; 02-20-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
          so what about them.is there any difference between them and actual azeries and turks?
          i have a cousin in Tabriz(biggest turkish city in iran)and as he says there are many turks in iran who blindly think armenia is their enemy and they dont even want to think about it.but in bigger and cultural cities like Tabriz people think and dont follow anything blindly so they rather call themselves Turks not Azeries cause the only thing that azeries are good at is dancing and getting drunk.they also know that azeries are baboons.thats why there is a big enough armenian quarter in tabriz called baron avak street which contains many armenian families and have 2 churches in it.whole tabriz have 11 armenian churches.there are even many who recognize the armenian genocide but they say it was foul ottoman sultans who did that and it has nothing to do with turkey

its his idea.but it doest change my view for how bad the turks are.so what about you?
          Azeris, Turks, Azeris in Iran, are all the same to me. All enemies of the Armenian people, always have been. Persians I just see as backward people and they too get on my nerves a lot.

Why the hell you want to be friends with these backwards people who wait for the moment of our destruction? Be strong and stop trying to always ally yourself with other nations. Armenia does not have a really ally!
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Difference between nationality and ethnicity. I think there may be some confusion between Azeris and Tatars.
            Between childhood, boyhood,
            adolescence
            & manhood (maturity) there
            should be sharp lines drawn w/
            Tests, deaths, feats, rites
            stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
              Difference between nationality and ethnicity. I think there may be some confusion between Azeris and Tatars.
              who cares, Azeri, tatar, chechen, turk their all our enemy and they are muslims remember that. Muslims in the region have always united against us.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Muslims are not our enemies, Turks/Azeris/Georgians are. Persians are not, you are talking bullxxxx, for a reason I do not know. Maybe you are trying to create a wedge between Armenia and Iran. Are you Armenian?
                Last edited by Tigranakert; 02-28-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                  Muslims are not our enemies, Turks/Azeris/Georgians are. Persians are not, you are talking bullxxxx, for a reason I do not know. Maybe you are trying to create a wedge between Armenia and Iran. Are you Armenian?
                  Thank you Tigranakert for setting straight a misinformed, myopic nationalist.
                  Between childhood, boyhood,
                  adolescence
                  & manhood (maturity) there
                  should be sharp lines drawn w/
                  Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                  stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                    I'm trying to create a wedge between Armenia and Iran? Look, you have to understand that these days no one is our ally. A nation like Iran only look to us to use us for their own benefit. And let me remind you how Northern Iran is a majority of ethnic Azeris. The common Persian will support any muslim country over Armenia. It's only a few people in government that cooperate with us for a little economy. Don't be a harif, stop trying to create sides. We are alone and the closest thing we have to an ally that's supported us over the years may be France and that's a stretch.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X