Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia for Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia for Armenians

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    I don't insult the freedom fighters who gave their lives. in Karabakh War But I disagree with the ARF politics and am especially annoyed by the ARF diasporans who have screwed up priorities. They don't represent Armenia, they are delusional and think they do. Many of them speak and act like Armenia sent them when in fact they've rarely or never set foot in Armenia.
    With ''Armenian freedom fighters'' I was referring to ASALA members, they should have your respect not your insults. Their actions made the world aware of our forgotten genocide.
    And stop calling them terrorists, their targets were the rats that committed the Armenian genocide, they deserve no mercy, they were/are carrying out the last phase of the genocide and therefore are valid target.

If anybody has the right to represent Armenia's interest in the diaspora it is Eastern Armenians from Armenia. The others are just Armenians from descent.
    This is exactly what I mean, you are the one responsible for the rift between Armenians. I am insulted to hear this. I'm going to ignore it because I want to keep this civil.

Their support of ASALA is just a testament of their extremism and danger, and the scary part is by saying they represent Armenia with their stupid actions their ruin the reputation of Armenia. Lastly, many of these Dashnaks have betrayed their race that they claim to be part of and allied themselves with Muslims.
    The Armenian Diaspora (eastern and western Armenians) does represents Republic of Armenia whether you like it or not. Lastly no one betrayed their race, it was probably necessary to use the muslims to reach their goal, I see no betrayal just improvise.

Comment

I heard when the talks to open the borders were at their highest, Turkish businessmen in excess were coming to Yerevan, and all the Armenian girls were trying throwing themselves to them. Just because they were businessman with money.

There is no doubt that when borders are opened and diplomatic relations established, Turkish businessmen will come to Armenia, buying Armenian businesses and bringing in investment, as they have done in many other republics. Few may settle or marry but Armenia's economy may start depending on Turkey.

What will Armenians do then?

300 years ago Armenians were seen as cutting-edge traders going around the world from Amsterdam to Singapore in search of opportunities. The Turks were seen as a fierce, warlike people who were not interested in trade, art, literature etc

Turkish businessmen are poised to penetrate Armenia. Where are the diaspora businessmen?

Comment

If anybody has the right to represent Armenia's interest in the diaspora it is Eastern Armenians from Armenia. The others are just Armenians from descent.
        that's a truely idiotic statement. Let's see how long Armenia's economy and future projects will last without diaspora (of which a large number of them are western armenians), not to mention you can kiss USA's aid good bye.
        Just the other day, a new cardiology center was opened in Syunik, which will not only serve south Armenia but Artsakh too, and guess who financed and helped build and train the personnel? French-Armenians.

Comment

Dashnaks did support ASALA, and Western Armenians alike, mostly through financial means, and they also aligned themselves with Palestinian organizations. Congratulations Akpars you supported terrorists...
          Congratulations “Akhpers” you made an arss of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
            Let's see how long Armenia's economy and future projects will last without diaspora (of which a large number of them are western armenians), not to mention you can kiss USA's aid good bye.
            When it comes to the welfare and security of Armenia there is no eastern or western Armenians.
            Armenians generally help because of their love and their “duty” towards the Fatherland as well as their kith and kin.

Lets not fall in the trap Mos's provocation.
            From his postings I have my doubts whether he is Armenian at all or has Armenia’s interests at heart.

Last edited by londontsi; 11-06-2010, 01:48 PM.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

yes, and many people here will support that. Heck they will support the Islamization of Armenia just so they can be closer to their Iranian "brothers"

Over my dead body will Armenia become such a place. We're the first Christian people and nation, and for most of our history have fought such Muslim invaders as they tried to exterminate us.

I want Armenia to remain, Christian, and free.
              I think that Armenia should promote cultural exchanges with a view of attracting far more tourists from both Europe and Russia.

Armenian shouldnt open it's hostile borders for anything other than freight and I don't think that the Iranians are people, that Armenians should become overly embroiled with.

Comment

Let me clarify, first of all.

-My opposition is to Dashnak politics and their counterparts who make up a minority in the Armenian government. Many people in Armenia are anti-Dashnak politics and this doesn't make them an enemy.

-My opposition to certain dashnak elements in the Armenian diaspora.

-I recognize the help that dashnaks have provided to Armenia, especially during Karabakh war, but I still reserve the right to criticize them for other actions that they've done.

-ASALA hurt us badly, there's no excuse in supporting them and it's a real shame that people calling themselves Armenians resorted to such brutal terrorism

-Genocide recognition is important to us, but it should be done in a civilized manner, not done by smear campaigns or bloodhunts. Turkey needs to come to terms with its past and recognize that it has built a whole identity based on lies. But in addition to this, sooner or later we will have to establish normal contact with Turks as they are not going anywhere and we need a stable region.

-There is a rift between Western and Eastern Armenians, like it or not. The biggest difference is the Soviet mentality and culture which is well existent in Eastern Armenians who identify themselves with post-Soviet people more than anybody else, while for Westerns they identify themselves more with middle east and Muslims. I can attest to this rift, in how natives Armenians in Armenia interact with Western Armenians and I must say the relationship is rather cold, and they don't seem to be part of the same group just from viewing their relationships.

-I recognize the goods things the Diaspora does for Armenia, after all almost every family in Armenia has a family member in the diaspora. Without diaspora, Armenia would be in much worse situation. Remember, Dashnaks =/= Diaspora.

-I am an Armenian who cares about the development and survival of a strong Armenia and I believe without a meaningful connection to the motherland, it is very hard to speak for all Armenians. I won't generalise, but I will say there are Armenians who never set foot in Armenia, or know very little, and speak as if they can speak for all of Armenians. Are they familiar with the Soviet mentality and cultural situation of Armenia, and rest of Armenians? This is very important.

and finally, the point of this thread is not about dashnaks or western armenians, but about the demographic situation of Armenia and the threat of an influx of immigrant from Iran and other similar countries.
                Last edited by Mos; 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Perhaps the Armenian Church should make conversion to Christianity mandatory in Armenia for foreigners who marry Armenians. Or do some kind of accord with Islamic leaders in Iran... The Armenian Church has the added benefit of being its own Church so it should use that to its advantage and that of its people.

If the Armenian community of Iran was able to coexist with Iranians for hundreds of years, I think that Armenia itself shouldn't have a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
                    Perhaps the Armenian Church should make conversion to Christianity mandatory in Armenia for foreigners who marry Armenians. Or do some kind of accord with Islamic leaders in Iran... The Armenian Church has the added benefit of being its own Church so it should use that to its advantage and that of its people.

If the Armenian community of Iran was able to coexist with Iranians for hundreds of years, I think that Armenia itself shouldn't have a big problem.
                    Jews have lived in Iran for well over a thousand years; yet the Jews certainly aren't inviting Iranians to come and live in Israel.

You can forget about reasoning with those people. Armenia isn't Iran and the Iranians are fully intent on taking over Armenia and coverting it's people to Islam.

Comment

The big persian boogyman is coming for you. resistance is futile.

Comment

Working...
                      X