Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian and gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Dants
    "The state has no business in the country's bedrooms" - Pierre Elliot Trudeau

I really could not care less about people being gay. Obviously not my thing, and not very pleasant to see either, but people can do whatever they want. If they want to get married, go ahead! Doesn't affect me in any way. I agree that the flaunting of homosexuality gets annoying (and trust me....Montreal has a huge gay parade every year), but other than that, just let them be.

But then again, I DO live in Canada, so we tend to think differently on this issue.
    plus...gay marriage is now legal in Canada

Comment

how many men here like lesbian women??? or how many men here are MORE OKAY with lesbian women???

sorry angelik i guess i didnt really understand what you were saying... anywho i never said its genetics or hereditary, or psychological... i said its proven that people are born with it, they dont choose it... just like how you are born thinking you are hetero...

stop hating the gays and they wont have to flaunt it... let me ask you, do you flaut the fact that you are heterosexual??? do we have parades for that? NO! but any minority who is opressed, will eventually find a way to show off their pride for something that is natural...

as for responding to the people who are talking about reproduction... look my good citizens, if nature said that we must reproduce to continue our kind, WHY are there so many children that have no parents? WHY arent armenians having childern like popcorn??? its a cultural thing... and being GAY has nothing to do with that... actually i think that God has created GAYS to adobt and care for those children who biological parents have left them...

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
        as for responding to the people who are talking about reproduction... look my good citizens, if nature said that we must reproduce to continue our kind, WHY are there so many children that have no parents? WHY arent armenians having childern like popcorn??? its a cultural thing... and being GAY has nothing to do with that... actually i think that God has created GAYS to adobt and care for those children who biological parents have left them...
        I'm sorry Nune...I dont mean to be rude..but I think your being a little silly by saying this. Yes I do agree God has created a million things for a million reasons, but God didnt creat homosexual so they can adobt children. God created lovely, caring, human beings to do such things.

The question to why there are children without parents...well there are endless answers to that. But for the sake of making a statement...I do not believe that is one of reason there are homosexuals in this world.

P.S ....yes it is apart of nature to reproduce. Now I am not the best at understanding the Bible complately...but God did say "be fruitful and multiply." If I am wrong please someone correct me!
        Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 12-09-2004, 10:22 PM.
        You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

how many men here like lesbian women??? or how many men here are MORE OKAY with lesbian women???

sorry angelik i guess i didnt really understand what you were saying... anywho i never said its genetics or hereditary, or psychological... i said its proven that people are born with it, they dont choose it... just like how you are born thinking you are hetero...
          If you are born with it, it's automatically genetic/hereditary/bla bla bla. It's in your genes before the environment has had a chance to mold you. Ever heard of the NATURE part of Nature vs. Nurture?

stop hating the gays and they wont have to flaunt it... let me ask you, do you flaut the fact that you are heterosexual??? do we have parades for that? NO! but any minority who is opressed, will eventually find a way to show off their pride for something that is natural...
          It's about as natural as me eating with my toes.

Can you sound any more ridiculous? I think not.

And what's your argument for bisexuals, eh? Did God also create them for some reason or another?

Since when did being gay become synonymous with being caring and selfless?

Comment

i was half joking gohar jan... i dont know why god does anything either... heck i dont know why fate is the way it is... we have this saying in armenian right? CHAKATAGIR!

it is fate, it is written on your forehead when you are born... it is inevitable... so these people who are not harming anyone, they are concious adults who just happen to have this chakatagir...

Comment

geeeeeze i didnt know there were such homophobs in here... settle down beavis no one is going to all of a sudden make you gay, if you are not gay no one can make you gay...

flames are you gay??? do you think by having a gay neighbor you might turn gay??? do you think that if there is a gay pride parade you are going to see it and all of a sudden turn gay??? do you think that having gay people on tv is going to make you gay??? if you answered no to all of these questions then rest assure, no one will change the heteros... i know i am NOT gay, and i am confident, and thats why i accept others who are as confident that they are homos...

here take this "for fun" test and see it for yourself...

Comment

geeeeeze i didnt know there were such homophobs in here... settle down beavis no one is going to all of a sudden make you gay, if you are not gay no one can make you gay...

flames are you gay??? do you think by having a gay neighbor you might turn gay??? do you think that if there is a gay pride parade you are going to see it and all of a sudden turn gay??? do you think that having gay people on tv is going to make you gay??? if you answered no to all of these questions then rest assure, no one will change the heteros... i know i am NOT gay, and i am confident, and thats why i accept others who are as confident that they are homos...

here take this "for fun" test and see it for yourself...
                http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/G/gayometer/
                YOU'VE GOT THE GAY VIRUS! GET AWAY FROM ME! AAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                  Homosexuality is a sexual developmental disorder and has nothing to do with heredity and/or genetics. Humans are not born homosexual, they develop into one.

Homosexuality is a sexual developmental disorder and has nothing to do with heredity and/or genetics. Even bilologically, homosexuality is against the principal laws of nature. And please, I dont want to hear: "Well, male dogs hump other male dogs"... Dogs hump anything and everything - including firehydrants!

Is homosexuality a sin? Yes indeed. However, in the eyes of God, homosexuality, as a sin, is no more and no less severe than adultery, pedophilia and/or bestiality.

Is it disgusting? Yes very much so. Nevertheless, the disgusting aspect about homosexuality is only a sociological perception that a particular culture places upon the practice. Therefore, ancient Greeks looked upon the disorder as a higher form of sexual expression.

Is it curable? I don't know. However, I would dare to say that it is as curable as any other severe psychological disorder. Maybe physical torture and shock therapy might work. Just kidding.

Nevertheless, homosexuality needs to be recognized as a "psycho-sexual disorder" - not an alternative sexual lifestyle choice. That is where I have a problem with Homos. Not because they are Homos, but because they want to force their unnatural "disorder" to be accepted as a normal way of life.

What's next, Armenians for Necrophilia rights???
                  Something that is clearly been found to be due to a chemical imbalance in the hypothalmus of human beings can not be defined as a BEHAVIORAL disorder. Why can't you just live and let live? Why can't people seriously live their own lives and not make themselves feel like the better person by judging others? I can not believe that rather than furthering themselves and living their lives, people would choose to waste so much of what seems to be hatred for people who, for all you know, CAN'T help the way they are. I am not talking here about people who are bisexual and like to experiment with sex. I loathe these people just as I loathe sexually promiscuous heterosexuals. However, if a couple, gay or straight, choose to love eachother and be sexual with eachother as long as it's in PRIVATE, they can damn well do as they please. BEHAVIORAL DISORDER would be one that would give a man urges to sleep with an animal or a child or something dead, not show their love for another consenting adult human being.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Nunechka, some of your reasoning absolutely makes no sense at all. You think we have a dislike of homosexuals because we are afraid that we will become ones ourselves? That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
                    Last edited by ckBejug; 12-09-2004, 10:33 PM.

Comment

gst then why are there so many people who hate homosexuals because they are homosexuals... i just cant connect why they are so hostile to them??? there is a phobia here, and we should just stop bashing on them and hating them...

its not like they like living in a society that doesnt accept them... its very difficult for them... men get married have children and then when they are like 40yrs old they just dont want to live the lie anymore, so they come out, and there are so many people who are totally hostile to them... and in a strange way, the ones who are not confident of their own sexuality are usually the ones who are "agaist" them...

my family is totally typical Armenian... my dad and my mom both think gay people are as natural as being heterosexual... my dad's explaination was that gays didnt come into existance in the 21th century, they have been around FOREVER, as long as people have existed and cultures have been formed... especially in Greek society... now there is no reason to say i dont agree or i do agree, its an acceptance thing and we just do that and we should move on... its not important that a woman or a man is gay, its important if they are good people... most gay people are responsible, hardworking, well to do, people who recycle, have cars, homes, and mostly they give to our society good things, like tasteful fashion, cleanliness, tv shows that are fun to watch, etc... i dont see how they threaten anyone in anyway... i am still going to marry a guy and have little armenian children, who will grow up and vacation in armenia in our home there...

Comment

Working...
                      X