Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"White People"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "White People"

Have any of you guys heard Armenians refering to some otars as "white people" as if we Armenians are not "white people"? Now, I take it by "white people" they mean the race. (correct me if I am wrong here) How do you feel about this?

I must say, I personally find it quite frustrating and annoying. I want to ask them what we are. Do they think we are in a different race? Are we special and get our own color??

I've been trying to get a tan lately, but it hasn't changed anything.

Comment

alot of people. including some dumb armenians think we are from the middle east when we more closely resemble aryans. so they think they can call people white.i get called a camel jockey all the time in school so there are dumb people around the world lol.

Comment

armobarbi, good point... and yes we are white, we are rather CAUCASIAN! which is known as white here in the US, but when people say "white people" i guess we are using the vocabulary of the US of A which is a compilation of languges and even some new forms of those languages... so we are repeating black, latinos, etc... why? because we actually arent like the "white people" here in the US, we are euro-mediteranian...

so thats all we are really doing, no labeling, just fitting in with society...

Comment

It doesnt matter what the blacks and latinos think to call us. We should know better! Excluding ourselves from our own race is one dumb way of fitting in with a society as ethnically diverse as the one in this country. I do understand your rational, Nune, but I dont see any real justification for this stupidity.

Comment

THANK YOU! Great topic... I think what they mean by 'white' is an American (blonde hair/blue eyes, Irish/German origin). But yes we are white, I used to be very allergic to that but I got used to it

However, one thing I don't understand is labeling brand names, like Volcom, Hurley, etc. as 'white' brands! Grrrr so annoying, or she dresses like a white girl, LOL! A while ago, I was at Macy's and this Armenian guy asked his gf or lady friend 'how about this' pointing to a Hurley sweater and she was like ewwww Hurley? that's for white people! hahaha so annoying. I wanted to offer them a ticket back home to Africa.

Comment

"White people" in America is most times associated with the bland, ingrained anglo-saxon culture. If you have ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding i think it addresses this very well, there are the Greeks( who are so like us), the Armenians, Italians ... with the lively culture, big families, good food... and the bland boring "White people", the groom and his parents. But in the general sense of the word, Armenians are white, people refer to us as white people as they should. But i still understand what Armenians mean when they refer to white people.

Comment

Yeah, I know that we ARE and I understand what they mean when they say "white people". I just had to see if anyone else was bothered by this.

I was once told (in high school) by a black girl that Im not white. When I said that I am she looked confused. lol

Another time (same high school) I was trapped in a bathroom stall by a group of black girls for being a "white girl". Go figure...

Cat, I would have loved to see you do that. lol

I havent really seen this in real life, but I see it online sometimes. I dont even bother bringing it up with these people. It seems to be hopeless. Thank goodness Michigan Armenians dont think this way!

Comment

I've been told several times in the AC chat room that I listen to "white music", and that rap and hip hop is for Armenians/non-whites. White to them = "mainstream American", which for some reason, a lot of Armenians don't want to be associated with. Now I could understand this philosophy if it's because you're...."a true Armenian", but what these people are saying is that we should be thugs and niggas, not clean cut "whities". Well....in spite of the brilliance of such thoughts, I'm going to go ahead and elect to not give a rats ass about their ironic theories.
                  Last edited by Crimson Glow; 02-28-2005, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Armenians are as white as anyone can get, minus the exceptions of some of the mixed ones who are most likely the ones to spout this bromide of Armenians being "non-white".
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X