Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"White People"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that having our own language, we are able to use it as a clue as to our origin and finding which group we belong to in terms of origin. (Keeping in mind that our language even has had influence by people who have taken us over and such)

Of course we have "cultural" similarities with these people, just like Soviet Armenians have "cultural" similarities with Russians. Our culture will be similar to people who are near and who capture us. The Middle Eastern and Asiatic just seem more legit because they go further back. Had we been captured for years by Germans we would have more "cultural" similarities to Germans. You really wanna go by this as evidence to our racial grouping and origin??

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
      I think that having our own language, we are able to use it as a clue as to our origin and finding which group we belong to in terms of origin. (Keeping in mind that our language even has had influence by people who have taken us over and such)

Of course we have "cultural" similarities with these people, just like Soviet Armenians have "cultural" similarities with Russians. Our culture will be similar to people who are near and who capture us. The Middle Eastern and Asiatic just seem more legit because they go further back. Had we been captured for years by Germans we would have more "cultural" similarities to Germans. You really wanna go by this as evidence to our racial grouping and origin??
      I'm not sure the issue was necissarily "racial grouping and origin" - with emphasis on "origin" - to some degree this is a new point to the discussion - or at least has not been directly brought out until now. I think I have pretty clearly made the case that "white" is meaningless (we are not "white" in color and the idea of a "white" race is pretty much meaningless) - there is not really a clear scientific distinction for purposes of grouping people (white - non-white...its a subjective grouping) - and we cannot really be considered European (though if your German scenario would have occured then perhaps we would be considered European...however we have been around much longer then "Germans" per se - consider that). So - in terms of "grouping" - it seems - from what I have read and from talking extensively with an ethnologist aquaintance who has written on and specializes in our region (who might be aminiable to joining our discussion...might be...if I wear to contact and invite him...) - we are most closely (physically/genetically) related to Persians and Kurds (culture seems to bear this out to some degree as well - accounting for differences in the nomadism expressed by the Kurds of course). You see - its culture that matters - not so much grouping us with other folks from far back in time (before we culturally were "Armenian"). Sure the issue of our origins is an interesting one - and one where we just don't have the answers. Many possible theories of our origins abound...then there is the issue of what groupings of peoples may have joined together to eventually become what we consider Armenians (and each of these groups may have had quite different origins - check out info availabe on the Hittites for instance...their language was not ours and they were seemingly comprised [as an empire] of different groups - one or more of which seem to have become - at least in part - Armenian... )....so even this issue of our origins in not a clear one and one that leads to many dead ends - inconclusive at best (now perhaps genetics may answer many of these questions...eventually...but for now we just don't really know...)...so in the end it is the culture (that damn Lavash bread again...) which binds us...make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by winoman
        BTW - I occasionaly monitor this site and some other similar ones - I have seen numerous instances where Armenians were heaped with abuse and were racially taunted and called camel-jockys or similar from these stormfront and other Aryan racist types...so good luck with fitting in with your new found buddies...
        And I have seen far more instances where Armenians were greeted with respect and considered white since I monitor it as well. I have not seen them be called camel jockies.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
          And I have seen far more instances where Armenians were greeted with respect and considered white since I monitor it as well. I have not seen them be called camel jockies.
          no doubt you do monitor it...and get inspiration from it...etc...well obviously you get off and feel the need to associate with those who must grab onto something other then their own acheivement to feel superior about themselves...

Comment

• Often lefty liberal egalitarians like to claim that "white" and "race" are meaningless because they are "social constructs". Well, that begs the question for what isn't a social construct? The fact that humans attribute meanings to differences and use language and thought to classify and make distinctions only attests to this fact. However, where do these social constructs come from? The names given to things in reality are derived from those things within that reality. That one sees a black person one calls them black. One does not call them white.

Throughout history and throughout time all peoples have been conscious of the differences among population groups, and civilizations, from antiquity and even now, despite 50 plus years of egatalitarian fiction and fraud, and politically correct polemic of trying to blur the natural and cognitive ability to differentiate. Humans recognize differences when they see it and that is why historically they have referred to Asians as the yellow race, Caucasians as white, and Negroids as black. The politically correct lefty liberal egalitarian will have no such things. For example despite different hues of the color green, we still assign it as being green.

To discriminate is to different based on assigning meanings to this or that thing. Thus it is only natural for humans to classify objects within their perceived reality as that is being human all too human. A person who is colorblind cannot make that distinction, but for the rest of us, it is too clear.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

no doubt you do monitor it...and get inspiration from it...etc...well obviously you get off and feel the need to associate with those who must grab onto something other then their own acheivement to feel superior about themselves...
              Where did I say I associate with those "who must grab onto something other then their own acheivement to feel superior about themselves..."

If you claim you monitor it you should at least know that they are white nationalists, or separatists, and disagree when people call them "white supremacists". They make it quite clear as they try to avoid the usual smear by the liberal egalitarians who believe in colorblind bliss.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

• The German thing was just an example to point out that we cant go by cultural influances when discussing origin or racial groupings, etc. Was that hard to understand?

Of course this argument is about origin and racial grouping. It was mentioned several times by people in this thread. Noone is arguing about what we eat or what musical instruments we use...

Its true that there is more than one theory about our origin, but I dont know of any that claims we are Middle Eastern or Asiatic over European. Even the theory that suggests that we are a mix of two tribes one being from the Balkans and one from Anatolia says that the Balkan tribe was the one that brought its culture to the other. Is there any question that the Balkans are European???

You think that because we eat lavash instead of English muffins we are more Middle Eastern than European? This is silly, Im sorry. Europeans are not this one little group that one can define by Aryan features or croissonts. This is why geographers have "Nordic Europe", "Mediterranian Europe", etc.

Comment

• I've seen some Indians from India with the blackest skin imaginable - coall black. So we may call them Blacks - as we see and percieve their blackness...what however does this reeally tell us about who they are and who they are related to? Very little. It is their culture that matters. When we say racial distinctions are a social construct (and you agreeing to this is tantamount now to admiting that race has no real genetic/physical component!) - well it was because of convenience. Perhaps useful (fro rascists to make distinctions - who should be considered sub human and worthy of slavery and such -etc) - but not scientifically valid..

Comment

I've seen some Indians from India with the blackest skin imaginable - coall black. So we may call them Blacks - as we see and percieve their blackness...what however does this reeally tell us about who they are and who they are related to? Very little. It is their culture that matters. When we say racial distinctions are a social construct (and you agreeing to this is tantamount now to admiting that race has no real genetic/physical component!) - well it was because of convenience. Perhaps useful (fro rascists to make distinctions - who should be considered sub human and worthy of slavery and such -etc) - but not scientifically valid..
                    Race does have a genetic component. When I said social construct I mean the names given. You are again misconstruing what I have said. And again culture is a product of the racial group. Not the other way around. If different races were not there to create different cultures how else did these cultures come to be?

The caste system in India is only evidence of racial dilution, and that at one time the Aryans invaded India and gave it the culture they bear.

Furthermore, why do lefty liberal egalitarians like to assume that because one recognizes racial distinctions and chooses not to mix that one is a fascist in support of slavery. Again another logical fallacy.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      Where did I say I associate with those "who must grab onto something other then their own acheivement to feel superior about themselves..."

If you claim you monitor it you should at least know that they are white nationalists, or separatists, and disagree when people call them "white supremacists". They make it quite clear as they try to avoid the usual smear by the liberal egalitarians who believe in colorblind bliss.

a nice claim that does not bear itself out when you actually read the nastyness & trash that these people are touting..

Comment

Working...
                      X