Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"White People"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, since nunechka, and winoman contend that there is no such thing as race, therefore calling someone black or white is not correct. In fact, they have even gone so far as to say that one who is black in one culture may appear white in another. Either there really are not pigmentation differences, or we are all colorblind. So I guess winoman and nunechka would say that this person is in fact white according to them.

Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Here is a famous white rapper.

Here is a black person who ran for president and lost because he is black.

Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by nunechka
        we are a people as old as time, however we are still too savage (generally) to understand this. if we were like the europeans, we would not have a country that is living under poverty... we would have PAVED ROADS! we would have water and electricity in all parts of Armenia... BUT NOPE! unlike europe, or the US, armenia is FAR FAAAR behind this type of progress, rather the concern of the people in authoritative positions is their own personal life style, and the general public is concerned about how "white" they are or how they are related to europeans... come on people, where those europeans when ARMENIAN EXISTED!

LOL! i cant imagine a french person tlaking about that... they dont need to, they dont have a confidence problem... niether do the Greeks, they also do not have to prove to others that they are "white"...

its insane... this has got to stop... stop fighting over something that does NOTHING to progress our nation, our culture, or anything good... its nothing, its a word that is accepted in the 21st century as ebing "superior"... and when its accepted to be mexican what are we going to say, "we are aztec"?

come on people... grow up, shape up, and lets move our people into the 21st century, lets help armenia have paved roads, lets bring back the water and electricity to our viligas, which the governt has sold to other nations...

being white doesnt make you a better person, being white jsut reminds us of how ignorant the population of this world is... we are a culture that is slowly disintegrating, we are not a lot, and this nonesence about white/black is an American thing, not an Armenian thing...
        noone said it makes them this or that a better person, you just twist words and create things to say because you cant respond intelligently to what we are putting forward. your arguments are beyond absurd.
        Noone is insecure about ourselves, we are insecure because we have people like you who claim to be Armenian yet claim to not be white. well we are, they go together no matter how much you might not like it or how much you will like to argue against it. Go write "other" on your census but spare us all the pain and please dont write Armenian next to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Here is a famous white rapper.

Here is a black person who ran for president and lost because he is black.

Yes, thank you for this one.
          You people are in severe need of some common sense.

And i dont knwo when the last time you visited Armenia was( maybe 300 years ago?) but unfortunately for you we have paved roads and even electricity! would you imagine?!!!! poor old backwards black Armenians building infrastructure?!! not possible, not in this world of course!

Self hating B!tch.

Comment

• i was there last summer my dear... and the only reason we have paved roads is because of KIRK KIRORIAN! ok! and everyone in armenia knows this... I HAVE A HOUSE THERE, i HAVE RELATIVES THERE! i talk to them OFTEN!... my cousin tried to open a small flourist shop, and guess what, the great WHITE-EURO armeian government came and said, PAY us $1,000 and we'll let you keep your place, mind you she was doing it out of a garage (BECAUSE SHE was JUST STARTING), she has no money for that, but here in the US, you can get a loan, in ARMENIAN (you know where there are those great white-euro intelligent extra progessive people, NO ONE can get a loan)

when we drove to Gyumri, i thought we went to another planet, i was like WTF is this? they dont have running water in anyt VILLAGE? and then i found out that the water was sold by the dear old intelligent white government to another country, and so was the electricity...

AND! WHERE WERE DOES great white people, when ARMENIANS were building infrustructure, tirgran and anony READ A HISTORY BOOK PLEASE! armenians were GREAT at one time, but now we have people like you, and we aint no where with this type of attitude...

armenians have had their infrustructure WAY BEFORE there was a europe and the idea of "white-people"... anony is too emotional for this conversation... he keeps talking about emotions this and that, my dear could you please take a walk around the block and relax, its just a FORUM!

Comment

• and i thought clinton was the first black president?

Comment

• anony you cant read... i am saying that ARMENIANS ARE NOT FROM THIS WHITE RACE! we are not black either... in your world, there are only white and black, but in the real world there is a very VERY VERY LARGE GRAY! area...

Comment

• Originally posted by loseyourname
                  You guys are a bunch of dern fools. Moroccans are hardly black. In fact, the Moroccans I've known have olive skin and green or blue eyes.

You're the fool. You clearly missed my point (as you do most of my other points and then call me a fool to hide your own ignorance).
                  Last edited by thedebutante; 03-07-2005, 02:37 PM.

Comment

i was there last summer my dear... and the only reason we have paved roads is because of KIRK KIRORIAN! ok! and everyone in armenia knows this... I HAVE A HOUSE THERE, i HAVE RELATIVES THERE! i talk to them OFTEN!... my cousin tried to open a small flourist shop, and guess what, the great WHITE-EURO armeian government came and said, PAY us $1,000 and we'll let you keep your place, mind you she was doing it out of a garage (BECAUSE SHE was JUST STARTING), she has no money for that, but here in the US, you can get a loan, in ARMENIAN (you know where there are those great white-euro intelligent extra progessive people, NO ONE can get a loan)

when we drove to Gyumri, i thought we went to another planet, i was like WTF is this? they dont have running water in anyt VILLAGE? and then i found out that the water was sold by the dear old intelligent white government to another country, and so was the electricity...

AND! WHERE WERE DOES great white people, when ARMENIANS were building infrustructure, tirgran and anony READ A HISTORY BOOK PLEASE! armenians were GREAT at one time, but now we have people like you, and we aint no where with this type of attitude...

armenians have had their infrustructure WAY BEFORE there was a europe and the idea of "white-people"... anony is too emotional for this conversation... he keeps talking about emotions this and that, my dear could you please take a walk around the block and relax, its just a FORUM!
                    firstly, the rude language was uncalled for but dont think im still not as pissed. The fact that you would go beyond reason to insult your own nation to make a point disgusts me.

So you are saying being Armenian is being better than anyone else but you reject the fact that being part of one race doesnt make you better? full of inconsistencies.

What the hell does corruption have to do with race or "europeanness" 80% of eastern europe is more corrupt than us. And if you havent heard, Gyumri is an earthquake zone, just to let you know. Kirk kirkorian didnt pave roads, he repaired Yerevans streets and remodled and brought back cultural institutions. And Armenia sell electricity not water. There is plenty of water, the pipe system especially i nthe north is old/damaged by earthquake and thus very inneficient, plus people steal from them, nowhere else in the world have i heard of fountains on the street that flow 24/7 and that is still one of the biggest things i remember from Armenia.

edit: please dont lecture me on my own nation's history. Go live in Saudi Arabia and call yourself a shade of black, us Armenians, or at least most of us conside ourselves white and it is people like you who talk stupidities in front of otars that we are viewed as a "gray area" aka arabs, indians, asians. Please go and sign up to whichever group appeals to you more.
                    Last edited by TJ; 03-07-2005, 02:40 PM.

Comment

anony you cant read... i am saying that ARMENIANS ARE NOT FROM THIS WHITE RACE! we are not black either... in your world, there are only white and black, but in the real world there is a very VERY VERY LARGE GRAY! area...
                      Ok nune jan, don't call yourself white (affirmative action will start working more and more in your favor, so either way, you don't lose unlike the rest of us who call ourselves white). Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
                      X