Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I have a problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not about blood %, its about exposure I think. Im full Armenian, but I sound like a Russian Armenian. lol

Comment

Ya most Armenians know Russian. If I'm correct you speak Russian and Armenian, do you speak one more than the other or is it mixed?

Comment

@ karoaper: love nosy "Armenian" traits as much as you want. I, for one, could care less. As long as it doesn't bother you that some of us, Armenians, don't engage in such behavior and have trouble accepting it coming from others. I don't consider gossiping to be an Armenian trait. It's simply a bad habit. Get over it.

@ accents: we all have an accent in whatever language we speak. And certainly Armenian, there are zillions of accents. I can't stand people who try to fake an accent just to sound more "sophisticated", or try to force others to speak like them just because they like to believe that their accent or dialect is superior to all others. Get over it too.

Comment

Hey because you're really think just like this, you should be proud of yourself for being full Armenian, it hasn't to do of being half armenian, Don't care for what other people say, but you should answer to that lady even by few armenian words that gossiping doesn't suit for armenians...

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
            I agree! Having black friends does not necessarily mean "being trendy."

Your own path!
            Yeah oh my gosh...to call it trendy is such an awfull thing! i grew up with people from all diffrent backgrounds!

i am very multicultural so are my friends!from Suriname, Armenia, Holland,Germany,Portugal,China, Indonesia, Italy, Morocco

so diffrent colors of skin! and no its not a trend i love them for who they are!
            I find it quite scary that i hear stories about the US and the UK where they have groups! why only stick to your own race!

And For the topicstarter be proud of what you are, you share 2 cultures that makes you even richer then 1!Dont let a woman you dont know, ruin your day!ITS HER problem...that he makes a fuzz of it!

i wish you good look...i never knew there was such a things as LIL Armenia..near hollywood...ah i learned something new today!

Comment

I've read a bunch of posts from you (Siamanto and others) at this point and more often than not you seem to go right off the deep end in regards to your advice. Seems some people know how to live everybodies life but their own...or those who talk the most have the least to say. Pick either or better yet both and apply regularly to your person. Not trying to be a jerk but sheesh give it a rest oh pious one.

As far as this thread goes I think everybody here would be a hypocrite if they didn't already acknowledge that SOME Armenians look at each other with a "caste" sensibility. Depending on how close you are to the root of the "Armenian tree of life" the better. The older you are (in terms of what you grew up with and what you're used to tradition wise), the closer you are to Armenia geographically speaking, and what generation from Armenia you were born into partially determines your "Armenian worth". I know my Grandmother was pretty damn racists which my dad didn't really care for growing up in Queens!

I do not speak Armenian (shock waves sent through the forum proving my point j/k ... hopefully) as my dad and uncle understood Armenian when spoken ... actually my uncle didn't know how to speak english when he first went to school ... anyway for those of us living in the U.S. the prospect of being taught the Armenian language in a public school is seriously laughable. Maybe in Fresno or some private Armenian schools around the Detroit area if they even exist. Really knowing the language is just one of the main trials that the purists will gauge a fellow Armenian by.

I mean seriously folks people from other countries don't label countrymen, and women, diasporic whatevers just because they decided to leave their home country at a time when longevity of life was a primary concern! We do it all the time segregating ourselves from ourselves. Then we wonder why Armenian culture is dissolving so rapidly. We should all look at each other as brothers and sisters not distant strangers, where one group feels abandoned by the other. My grandparents didn't even leave Armenia when they left, they left from Iran where they had lived. Believe it or not, not every single Armenian before the holocaust actually lived in Armenia. Do you guys think at that time they viewed those who didn't live directly in Armenia as diasporic Armenians?

I'm rambling pce out sorry if you feel insulted Siamanto and others just trying to illustrate a point to advice pez dispensers.

[Diasporic] (not even a real usage of the word diaspora if I am correct although it gets thrown around this forum SOOO much that I'm sure it'll be in the next update for the english language/dictionary maybe we already got it in there! I am not really that close to a dictionary to check actually ... and yes I HATE the online ones so no I obviously didn't use one ... durh.)
              Last edited by Lamb Boy; 09-13-2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

wow i didn't know that SOME armenians could be mean like that. I live in IL and i'm my ethnicity is half armenian half irish and i don't speak armenian (i'm a freshmen in high school so thats part of the reason, but i dunno if i will want to learn it too(foriegn languages are really hard)). Also, all my friends have various different backgrounds (them individually) and all of our ancestors got here like in the 1900s-1910s. So i have never seen people act this, ignore them or.... tell them off (i don't recomend that but whatever if they deserve it).
                (Those people would hate me, I act like a normal american teen, cause its all I know)

Also, is Glendale where all the armenians are in CA?

Comment

well how about this,

im half armenian half mexican. i was raised in the US and dont speak armenian.

ive had my share of people talking too. and it does make me feel low, as if im not armenian. although im very much attatched to the armenian culture and wish i can respond when spoken to.

so dont feel too bad, at least you speak the language.

Comment

i didnt realize this thread had six pages. i just read the first page.
                    poo.

Comment

Working...
                    X