Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Diaspora: Does it have a future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diaspora: Does it have a future?

Originally posted by D3ADSY
    It's a shame you can't put that in an even bigger font. Though I guess you'll feel like less of a fool when you realise I wasn't even talking about Karabakh.
    Oh so - its different when your fighting a Turk from Turkey - as opposed to a Tatar from Azerbaijan - than its ok? Than this sudden "patriotism" is ok and is no longer "random" and this war is no longer "delusional"?

Comment

Do you honestly think the comparison you are making is valid?

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY
        Do you honestly think the comparison you are making is valid?
        Absolutely. The Armenian people suffered on that land in the first world war, and that land was stolen from them. As a form of punishment, or restitution, or reparations - that land should be given back to show the entire world that things like this will never be tolerated. Those lands that this guy was talking about are the Anotalian lands we lost in WWI. We DESERVE those lands BACK.

Unfortunately, Turkey is NOT going to hand them over regardless of some dumb embargo or sanction the world puts on it - the Armenian nation is eventually going to have to physically go to war to get it back if it WANTS it back. If you think that war is, again, I quote you, "delusional" or that patriotism - whether it be for humanity or for the Armenian nation, is not worth investing into merely because it is "random" - than we have already lost our right to that land.

Both wars are over the land the Armenian people are entitled to and over the right of the Armenian people to rule themselves on that land. If Armenia was attacked by Turkey (like it was going to be in 1993) - would it be worth fighting for Armenia then? Is the land called "Armenia" today on the map OUR LAND and only THAT is worth fighting for? Are the rights of the Armenian people being xxxxxled on ONLY when they attack and try to rob/kill the Armenians in that tiny country? Or is "Armenian land" defined by a much larger territory?

Comment

As discussed in the other thread by many others…”strong will” is not enough to win…first Armenia needs to stand on its own legs and that will not happen as long as we got so called generals who sell weapons to Chechens, a mafia boss who sells out all the equipment from a big industry to Iran, 12 year olds who drive 100,000 cars and can basically drive over anyone, etc.

If anything is gonna happen, has to happen by us, the people...and obviously there are going to be those who are Americanized and thats the point. America cannot exist without separating people from their identity.

I was talking to one guy few days ago, he was 'American' but originally from Italy and we were having discussion and he said if tomorrow US attacks Italy i will support 100% and i don't care about it...boy did that scare me how could anyone in their right mind say anything like that?

I think its time we should start doing something...personally all my life we had to travel from place to place to survive...Russia, Ukraine, Europe, here....but for what???? Why??
          Last edited by Fedayeen; 02-03-2007, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I agree with you Fedayeen. We need in first place to create jobs in Armenia so that people can return to Armenia and that the people their will not leave the country. But we need to be ready to take a opurtunity if it comes along and Turkey is weak.

And Gazan welcome back

Comment

If you ask any country what Armenia's greatest asset is, they would tell you it's the diaspora. Turkey and Azerbejian have publicly said that. Azerbejian is trying to open office's in heavily Armenian populated cities around the world in order to fight our diaspora.

In an ideal world, all Armenians would live in Armenia and read write and know all about our history. That unfortunately is not the case. You have to look at it with a larger perspective. If all Armenians lived in Armenia, we would still be heavily outnumbered by our enimies and we would have zero influence on any country's foriegn policy.

You can not tell off someone because they are honest enough to say they woudn't go fight in Armenia. First of all, that is increasing the assimilation process. In essence, you are pushing away Arnenians because they may not be as patriotic as you. Armenians that may not want to go fight could be used for other purposes. They could be political activists in their country or they could be sending in donations.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                So in conclusion, please - go urself.
                Ace, calm down your emotions and epithets. This discussion is for everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinions, as annoying and asinine they may be.
                Last edited by Anonymouse; 02-03-2007, 09:44 AM.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by simonig
                  If you ask any country what Armenia's greatest asset is, they would tell you it's the diaspora. Turkey and Azerbejian have publicly said that. Azerbejian is trying to open office's in heavily Armenian populated cities around the world in order to fight our diaspora.

In an ideal world, all Armenians would live in Armenia and read write and know all about our history. That unfortunately is not the case. You have to look at it with a larger perspective. If all Armenians lived in Armenia, we would still be heavily outnumbered by our enimies and we would have zero influence on any country's foriegn policy.

You can not tell off someone because they are honest enough to say they woudn't go fight in Armenia. First of all, that is increasing the assimilation process. In essence, you are pushing away Arnenians because they may not be as patriotic as you. Armenians that may not want to go fight could be used for other purposes. They could be political activists in their country or they could be sending in donations.
                  That is not what I did - I agree with you 100% percent - I think I'm more of a help to Armenia as a politically active spyurk-a-hye in New York. But that fool went on a rant about how worthless patriotism is just because its "random" and, again, I quote him, a war against Turkey to retake the land we have would be "delusional" and how nobody would want to live on that land.

To be quite honest with you, a min-Yerevan near Lake Van would be an amazing place to live, it could Armenia's Hampton's. I wouldn't mind living there.

I've always said the New Fedayee will be wearing a business suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Ace, calm down your emotions and epithets. This discussion is for everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinions, as annoying and asinine they may be.
                    You're right.

Comment

To me, all this fronting about lands and countries and cultures is a lot like people getting all dressed up and cheering on some college or proffessional team. In the end, I really couldn't care less who "wins" because as history has shown, ALL cultures, countries, and peoples are temporary.

The "delusion" is in believing that it is even possible to prevent cultural or "ethnic" change. "Pure" and "Dirty" water? That entire notion is a delusion.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X